Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shadowcat

Real Name Shadowcat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Occupation: Texas Net Operative
Interests: Everything Ecto
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 21, 2001, 12:57
Total Comments 1013 (Pro)
User ID 9081

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > TF2 Announcement Next Week
46. No subject Sep 9, 2007, 02:10 Shadowcat

If the folks at Valve believe that a computer game > a holiday, then Valve clearly suck at holidays (which is quite the achievement, really).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > id Software Q&A
4. No subject Sep 6, 2007, 02:34 Shadowcat

Thanks Blue... your little quips are always appreciated

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. No subject Aug 29, 2007, 16:10 Shadowcat

But our ambitions have stripped our ability to ship by a couple of orders of packaging. But I'm sure there will be some doing new worlds, doing new game types.
What the hell? What kind of translator did that get passed through?

"orders of packaging" in particular is fairly surreal.

News Comments > Project RPB Unveiled
1. No subject Aug 25, 2007, 21:25 Shadowcat

Am I right in thinking that RPB does in fact stand for "RPG in the works at Piranha Bytes"?

News Comments > Armed Assault 2 Announced
11. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2007, 16:30 Shadowcat

didn't think it sold that well besides.
Well with OFP shifting seven figures, I'd imagine that (1) they aren't completely strapped for cash, and (2) even poorish sales for ArmA should be very respectable with a fan-base that size. I'd guess they're doing okay.

News Comments > Mafia 2 Announcement Nears
29. No subject Aug 17, 2007, 21:25 Shadowcat

Mafia was awesome. And although the race gets complained about a lot, I found that to be one of the most satisfying parts of the entire game! Frustrating at first, but only because I didn't know the car or the track. Learning both and winning that race in emphatic fashion was a superb feeling (especially if done entirely from the cockpit view -- that made it a sort of "Grand Prix Legends" for those of us who just can't handle that level of simulation :).

I read that they dumbed the race down in the patches with no way to select the original difficulty level. Lame.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
4. No subject Aug 17, 2007, 21:08 Shadowcat

Here's hoping that nothing ever happens with Heat. Sure there's no requirement to play it or anything, but why put a tarnish on such a great film by associating it with a comparatively mediocre game (and you know it would be).

News Comments > Heavy Duty Changes
12. No subject Aug 14, 2007, 16:40 Shadowcat

Well I was always going to want to read reviews of this, but I was looking forward to its original incarnation. Admittedly that was partly due to the absolute kick-arse technology they'd developed for it (animation in particular), which will hopefully still all be there. Here's hoping they just make it better.

News Comments > BioShock PC Demo Nears
55. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2007, 16:46 Shadowcat

releasing a demo after the game is out is like not letting critics to see your movie before the general audience ... Of course there are those who don't like to admit that they've wasted their money and will vehemently defend it on this premise alone.
What the hell are you blathering about? Since when were you forced to buy the game on release day?!?

Read carefully: You're allowed to wait for the demo before deciding whether to spend your money.

Frankly, releasing a demo after the game is the very best way to convince me that the two might possibly be based on the same code, and therefore that it is demonstrative of the retail product. This used to be the standard way of doing things, and it was better.

go outside, read a book, play a classic, go get wasted, write a program, buy some shrooms.. fucking enjoy your life rather than wasting it in this anticipatory state.
Hell yes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. No subject Aug 12, 2007, 16:15 Shadowcat

I just want to publicly laugh an an advert that's appearing for me at the moment. A graphics card company touting their supposedly fantastic visual quality with an image that is both dithered to 8-bit colour and therefore looks bad to start with, but even worse is exhibiting really horrible jpeg artefacts (greatly exacerbated by the dithering). A worse-looking advert for high-quality visuals is difficult to imagine.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. No subject Jul 23, 2007, 01:18 Shadowcat

John Carmack is "not a believer in dedicated PPUs."
I'm immediately reminded that Carmack was (IIRC) not interested in having general physics code in the Doom 3 engine at all until one of the programmers finally convinced him by going ahead and implementing it, so I'm more than a little hesitant to take his opinion as the final word on the subject

32. Chuck Storm live at the scene Jul 12, 2007, 21:12 Shadowcat

Oh man, that never gets old!

News Comments > X3 Reunion Downloads
11. Re: Space sims dead? Not OUR fault. Jun 26, 2007, 17:22 Shadowcat

Does X3 have StarForce ?
IIRC the last retail release does not have Starforce at all, and in any case the recent patches removed it from the game. If you have the original X3 release, it will install Starforce along with the game, but you can then use a Starforce removal tool to purge it from your system, and then just patch the game.

News Comments > X3 Reunion Downloads
9. Re: Space sims dead? Not OUR fault. Jun 26, 2007, 17:19 Shadowcat

The sectors where big but felt small.. nothing's in them aside from a few stations
Well... space is mostly empty. And if you had some kind of jump-gate technology, why wouldn't you group everything pretty close together around the gate? Spreading things out just for the sake of it would make no sense.

I'm not saying you don't have legitimate qualms with the atmosphere or gameplay (lots of people find the sectors to be all much of a muchness), but I'm not sure how much water this particular argument holds.

Sounds like you're not looking for an X game, at any rate.

Play "I-War 2", I say. It's freaking awesome.

News Comments > NIMF on Manhunt 2
38. No subject Jun 24, 2007, 07:35 Shadowcat

What are these "first-player shooter games" of which you speak?

30. Re: Rx Jun 20, 2007, 17:23 Shadowcat

Nice, kxmode

News Comments > Hitman Trilogy Announced
4. No subject Jun 19, 2007, 22:48 Shadowcat

Blue, small error: this isn't "the first three Hitman games".

The original "Hitman: Codename 47" is not listed, and the most recent "Blood Money" is. I understand that "Contracts" included missions from the original game, so I can only guess that the storyline is more or less intact as a result.

News Comments > Earth No More Announced
6. Revealed? Jun 18, 2007, 16:39 Shadowcat

3D Realms announces Earth No More, an upcoming cross-platform game that will be revealed in the July 2007 issue of Game Informer Magazine appearing in subscribers mailboxes today and on newsstands later this week
Um, you're not allowing them to 'reveal' it if you announce it yourselves days in advance of anyone getting to read their mag.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Flight of the Conchords Jun 13, 2007, 23:57 Shadowcat

These guys are hilarious!

Check out clips from their earlier HBO special as well:
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=flight+of+the+conchords

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Safari Jun 13, 2007, 05:32 Shadowcat

Who in Their Right Mind Would Run Safari on Windows?
Um, how about every web developer without a Mac?! Sheesh. (And frankly, I presume that was indeed Apple's driving motivation for porting it.)

1013 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo