Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KaRRiLLioN
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 11, 2001, 01:57
Total Comments 246 (Novice)
User ID 8988

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce 6 Announced
51. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2004, 15:24 KaRRiLLioN

crikey...triple post??

Umm, here, have some corn.
This comment was edited on Apr 15, 11:10.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon 2 Announced
42. Re: OFP Multiplayer Apr 9, 2004, 13:00 KaRRiLLioN

I think OFP multiplayer is excellent, considering the wide assortment of vehicles, weapons, etc. that you can use. With the addons (mods) scene in OFP you can play it in Vietnam, WWII, Civil War, 1985, Modern, and from several different nationalities.

There's also CTF, C&H, Assault, RTS, Coop, Carjack, Serial Killer and about a 100 other mods of play. Players can script just about any type of scenario they can envision.

While it doesn't have join while the mission is playing, that can be a good thing. Of course with OFPwatch and some of the other utilities out there, it'll notify you when a new game is starting.

GR to me was too much like floating around with an aiming retice in the middle of the screen. I felt more like a floating camera than a soldier.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Star Wars Games Apr 9, 2004, 12:31 KaRRiLLioN

While I enjoy all of these FPS SW games, when are they going to come out with some more space sims ala X-Wing and Tie-Fighter? I really miss those kinds of games.

It'd be nice to join the two, FPS and Space sim, but I doubt they will.

News Comments > Thief Shake-up?
59. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2004, 13:56 KaRRiLLioN

As DX:IW proves-

It only takes one "Oh SHIT!"
to wipe out 10 "atta boy!"'s

I didn't think DX:IW was that bad. I still think the original thief games are better than a lot of more modern ones I've played. Visuals matter, but thief proved that the gameplay is king.

And Far Cry is amazing. It has everything needed to make thief, except a darkness meter. I suppose the detection meter could be replaced. And it has water too!

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
1. Graphics Mar 28, 2004, 13:32 KaRRiLLioN

After playing Far Cry some of the graphics on these other games look kinda poor.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Far Cry, Sacred & CSI: Dark Motives
51. Re: FarCry Mar 25, 2004, 12:22 KaRRiLLioN

This game is one of the best I've played in a long while. The graphics are amazing. My only complaint is the character models. The humans are excellent, though not on par with what I've seen for HL2. The non-human models leave something to be desired though. Also, I'd like to have seen some wild animals besides birds (and the "apes" you see later).

It combines the greateness of an outdoors shooter with indoors, and the lighting effects add a touch of spookiness to the overall aura of the game. The AI is excellent. It runs for cover, flanks you, ducks, goes prone and does whatever it can to survive. It is a bit dumber indoors, however and you can trick some of them into running right into your line of fire in a room. The cool thing about it, though, is that they normally come running in firing like mad so it's not as easy as it would seem.

Oh, and the physics are great. You can shoot chains and ropes. There's a few instances where there are rope bridges across chasms, and you can shoot out the ropes and drop everyone on it to their deaths. Also rather than shoot some enemies, I snuck up and rolled some heavy barrels down hills onto them. I also plunked a server rack on top of some scientists once. It was rather funny.
This comment was edited on Mar 25, 12:24.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Smittens Mar 7, 2004, 15:27 KaRRiLLioN

I found it to be an interesting look into the Japanese culture, and how Americans have trouble coping with it.

If, however, it's totally misrepresenting Japanese culture, then I take back my previous statement.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint RTS Mod
3. Re: wow, long beta phase? Feb 18, 2004, 18:30 KaRRiLLioN

Yep, RTS1 came out in 2001. I actually had some news about RTS-3 1.0 posted here a few months ago. I've made a lot of changes since then, so I finally got around to releasing 1.4. The addons are VASTLY improved and balanced now. It's amazing the talent in the addons community to make such good ones. Most of them are much better than the offical vehicles.

OFP is still fun with a 900 viewdistance, BTW.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Upgrade? Dec 9, 2003, 11:31 KaRRiLLioN

Duck, Duck, Duck, GOOSE!

News Comments > Game Reviews
28. Re: DX: IW (long...winded that is) Dec 8, 2003, 11:16 KaRRiLLioN

I get some sadistic pleasure from knocking people unconcious and then using Alex's Biomod'd super strength to hurl them from the tops of buildings and slam them against the wall of the neighboring building watching them bounce off of all the ledges. Somehow when I go down there to check on them, they're still just unconsious. Amazing. I'm still putzing around in Seattle. I'm one of those people who just re-loads to see how different decisions have different outcomes. I went down into a sewer to kill a couple of creatures, and even though the silencer was on my gun, these two people up on the street started screaming like crazy.
Well I went up the ladder and those idiots had somehow run into a burning barrel and caught themselves on fire. I had a good laugh watching them burn to death.
I knocked out a thug at the train station as well and kept throwing him against the glass where the attendant was, and he didn't seem to care a bit. I then threw the thugs body into those lasers, whereupon he caught on fire, and after I checked him that time he was indeed dead.
Good Times!

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 11:17.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Shots
68. Re: GeForce FX 5900 Ultra AGP 256MB Dec 7, 2003, 14:17 KaRRiLLioN

I had a Nividia 5900 Ultra 256MB, but with everyone hyping the ATI's I snagged a 9800 pro just to see. I honestly can't see a huge difference, but I play mostly Operation Flashpoint anyway.

In DX:IW I'm getting sick of the damned jaggies. For some reason that game shows them worse than anything. I guess I'll try upping the sampling. Someone over on the either the Ion Storm or Eidos forums said they got DX2 to run smooth as glass with 4x Multisampling using the DNA drivers. http://www.dna-drivers.nl I'm too chicken to try using them yet, but I might give it a shot. I'm still using catalyst 3.6 since I had issues with Jedi academy back when I was playing it. Maybe I'll update soon. supposedly ATI might have a fix for DX2 players soon anyway....like it'll really matter, heh.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. DX-IW Dec 7, 2003, 14:07 KaRRiLLioN

Yep, I've found enough vent shafts in the first level alone (Emerald Suites) to make looking for money a moot point. Funny thing is, I dropped down and shocked the guy with the prod, and somehow all the guards in the building were suddenly alerted. I didn't realize it made that much noise.

BTW, if any of you have Armed and Dangerous, is there a hack to get that thing out of widescreen?!! If I were playing it on my 65" widescreen TV, that'd be one thing, but my 21" Monitor is a 4:3 ratio and letterboxing SUCKS.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Shots
56. Re: Doom 3 shots Dec 6, 2003, 15:01 KaRRiLLioN

I'm running DX:IW at 1600x1200x32 with Bloom off, and Multisampling at 1x. I don't have AA or anything enabled in the drivers.

Honestly I don't know what exactly the frame rate is, but while not perfectly smooth, it's not a slideshow. I made quite a few tweaks to the .ini files which I think helped.

I have a P4-2.8, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9800 pro 128mb,WinXP Pro. I'm still deciding if I like the game. If it's anything like the original, it'll take me a little while to get hooked.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Armed & Dangerous
13. Re: Blah Dec 4, 2003, 20:23 KaRRiLLioN

I don't like the widescreen aspect. I have a 21" monitor and I want to use it ALL! Not have some damned letterbox in the middle. I wonder if I'm missing the option to change that somewhere.

Also, 1600x1200 seems to be the max res. Sigh.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: ugh... Dec 4, 2003, 12:27 KaRRiLLioN

Maybe they should sue the makers of Scarface, since that's where GTAIII and Vice City got a lot of their themes from.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DX: Invisible War Redux
1. Deus Ex: IW Dec 2, 2003, 16:30 KaRRiLLioN

If this game really turns out to be the lemon that so many think it will be, I'm scared for the prospect of Thief 3 really sucking.

I hope it turns out better than the demo portrayed.

News Comments > Chrome SP Mission
21. Re: Chrome is... Nov 30, 2003, 14:59 KaRRiLLioN

I like chrome. The graphics and vehicles are great. I just wish you could use the vehicles more in the game, but they're still pretty cool.

Graphics IMHO are 10/10 for outdoors, 6/10 indoors, 4/10 for character models, 7/10 for weapons models, and 8/10 for vehicle models.

Gameplay is less hectic than HALO, i.e. no massive onslaughts like in the library. Gameplay is repetitive in some regards, but it still has some fresh stuff, like there's a part where you get into the back of a shuttle and shoot things while it's flying, which is pretty cool. Otherwise, you're shooting, sniping, and ocassionally shooting rockets at stuff. AI can be quite retarded, though, and that's a weak point. They take cover and respond well when fired upon, but they can see you too easily and stealth doesn't work like it should.

For overall experience I'd give it a 8/10 and rate it a "Good Buy".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Matrix Nov 10, 2003, 14:11 KaRRiLLioN

I guess I'm the only one who liked the last 2 movies? Neither can come close to the original of course, but I thought they were pretty entertaining.

Essentially it doesn't attempt to be a feel-good trilogy where the "good guys" win the day and they all live happily ever after.

More or less it mirrors the Christ story in a sci-fi sort of way.

I liked the way it wrapped it all up.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Return of the King
1. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2003, 10:47 KaRRiLLioN

I saw what I thought was the movie trailer this morning on TV, and it looked pretty cool, until it started showing some spots where it looked horribly fake. I was thinking "man, those effect are awful!" Then I realized it was the trailer mixed with scenes from the game and breathed a sigh of relief.

246 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo