Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KaRRiLLioN
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 11, 2001, 01:57
Total Comments 246 (Novice)
User ID 8988

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Launch Link May 30, 2005, 14:35 KaRRiLLioN

Is something buggy with the Launch Links option in user settings? Whenever I'm on the message board then I see the checkbox for it, whenever I'm on the normal news page then it's not there and the links don't launch. I actually saw it there today for the first time in a while, I clicked on it and then the page refreshed and it vanished and the links don't launch.

I'm too lazy to keep hitting shift-click for all these links!

Sooo, is it some bug in the page, or can I fix it somehow?

Thx.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Q&A
28. Re: No coop? May 29, 2005, 20:58 KaRRiLLioN

The sad thing about BF1942 and presumably its successor are that the games are harcoded, and a server could only run either CTF or C&H but no mixes. After playing OFP1 for a while where you can play a coop, then a ctf, then a c&h then a race or whatever the mission maker came up with, everything else sort of pales in comparison. I made a mission where each team has to hijack the other teams cars for points. I've also made an RTS mission where you build bases, build vehicles, etc. and try to destroy the other team's base. Heck, someone even scripted a battlefield clone for OFP1.

Unless a game offers that kind of flexibility, I'm not really interested in it unless it has a great SP portion.

With HL2 I played through the SP and enjoyed the train ride, but after that there was really no more enjoyment unless I wish to play all CQB DM or CS.

This comment was edited on May 29, 21:02.

News Comments > New Bohemia Interactive Game
7. Re: If It Plays Good... May 20, 2005, 11:31 KaRRiLLioN

Armed Assault is like OFP 1.5, i.e. an intermediary between OFP1 and OFP2. The names will probably be different because Codemasters is no longer publishing either game and they own the copyright to the Operation Flashpoint name.

There's much more info on this at http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?newlang=eng

Enjoy.

This comment was edited on May 20, 11:32.

News Comments > Armed Assault Announced (Updated)
7. Re: No subject May 19, 2005, 11:39 KaRRiLLioN

One of the forum mods at BIS's forums went to E3 and had some things to report.
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=9d8fe49c330a4fe22b5b45cee70f2ccb;act=ST;f=56;t=46429

Basically Armed Assault is OFP 1.5. It's a revamped and prettier version of OFP and from what I can tell, most addons, etc. should be compatible with it from OFP 1. OFP2 is still a WiP and is aiming for some next-gen stuff. It's due sometime in 2006. Anyway, they do know how to cornfuse us all. Take a look in the forums for more info in the thread titled: "OFP2 now Armed Assault" (even though that title is now wrong).

News Comments > OpFP2 Renamed Armed Assault
15. Re: Flashpoint by any other name... May 16, 2005, 20:12 KaRRiLLioN

I don't think OFP has horrible graphics. I've been playing this game since it came out. It's easily the most flexible and wide-ranging game there is. Check out this website:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

Scroll down to their headline about the pics and they show a lot more pics. It's good stuff.

3. Re: Free money Apr 10, 2005, 13:51 KaRRiLLioN

http://www.fairtax.org/

Sounds like a good solution to me.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stutter Patch Follow-up
68. Re: What stutter? Nov 24, 2004, 21:43 KaRRiLLioN

Yeah I'm running at 1600x1280 with full AA and Aniso and the game runs perfectly smooth. But then all of a sudden it will stutter and freeze. This seemed to happen when I'd press the trigger on a gun, or someone would say something, i.e. it seemed that sometimes when a new sound was about to initiate it'd freeze.

As I said in post #46 it will stutter just a small bit after loads, but that's not bad at all. It's the stutter-freeze that really pisses me off because I have to hard-cycle my PC and PC's don't like to do that very often. It can cause errors on WinXP. I've finished the game already, but those freeze lockups really ruined it a bit for me as did one other thing, which I think most people who have finished the game know about.

Suckage.

And yes, the game is on RAILS. Doom3 was even worse with spawning shiznit, but HL2 was really only marginally better in some areas. I would say that at least HL2 had a lot more variety, even if you had no choice where to go.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 21:44.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stutter Patch Follow-up
46. Re: What stutter? Nov 24, 2004, 14:03 KaRRiLLioN

The stutters at the level start are not what bothered me. Especially in the later levels I would get complete lock-up stutters. The sound would stutter and then suddenly the game was locked up. In some cases I could alt-tab out but I wouldn't get the desktop back. I'd end up having to reboot every time.

System Specs:
AMD FX-53
1GB Corsair RAM
ATI X800 Pro
Western Digital SATA Raptor 75GB
Audigy 2

Anyone else get those lockups? I have other games I play and never lock up on but this game just got worse and worse as I progressed. I even tried restarting the game and then suddenly locked up on the first level. Talk about ruining the immersion.

News Comments > New Action UT
5. Re: AUT Nov 15, 2004, 11:04 KaRRiLLioN

Wow, I'd forgotten about this. I was working with the A-team on Action Half-Life when another team started working on AUT. Man, I really need to dig up my AQ2 archives and play that again. AHL was a lot of fun with the dives and stunts, but nothing really beats the flavor of AQ2.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Virtual server Sep 10, 2004, 10:56 KaRRiLLioN

LOL @ news comment

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Fall: Lights Out
7. Re: YAWN Aug 26, 2004, 20:22 KaRRiLLioN

YES!!

I just upgraded to an AMD FX-53 and Geforce 6800 Ultra Extreme for this game. I should be able to squeeze massive FPS out of it now. When I played DF: The Journal, it was like a freaking slide show. I think I was literally getting about 1 FPS with my crappy Trident VLB card.

I'm glad they're shipping this baby on time or all my upgrades would have been for naught.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Sales
39. Replayability Aug 24, 2004, 13:10 KaRRiLLioN

Well, the atmosphere is nice and tense, the models are very highly detailed and cool, but after about the 40th imp jumps out from behind a wall panel, you get kinda tired of it. I want to be SCARED not STARTLED! Shit, anyone can jump out and go boo, but after the first 20 imps crouching on the other side of a door jumped out at me, I learned to approach from the side, and it's just kinda dumb to do it that much.

The levels are of coffin-size dimensions, but nicely detailed. I kinda like it, but it really has no variance to it at all. Once they start teleporting in and the dude laughs every time he pulls some "trick" on me, I just sigh, pull out the shotgun and start popping some heads.

I was hoping for much more, but at least it looks nice. Meh.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: windows xp sp2 firewall Aug 14, 2004, 12:28 KaRRiLLioN

Does it cause any issues with Mozilla or other browsers?

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon, Part 3
25. Re: D3 Aug 14, 2004, 12:23 KaRRiLLioN

I think the Doom3 engine would be perfect for a game like Undying. Obviously they need to change gameplay a bit though. As great as the atmosphere in Doom3 is, it all boils down to point and click. Also, the 20th time that an imp crouching on the other side of the door smacks you, you get kinda tired of that sort of "scare".

Maybe some kind of Survival horror like Undying (although it too was a shooter) would be cool though.

50. Re: Doom 3 upgrades Jul 29, 2004, 13:38 KaRRiLLioN

I recently upgraded, but I'm trying to decided whether to wait for a Radeon x800 Platinum, or go with a 6800 Ultra.

Currently:

AMD FX-53
ASUS A8V Deluxe
Radeon X800 Pro
1GB Corsair CAS 2 RAM
80GB WD Raptor 10k RPM SATA HD
250GB WD SATA
Plextor 12X DVD +/- RW
Audigy 2 ( FUQ CREATIVE!!)

It amazes me playing some older games like OFP with Full AA and AF...they look great! Far Cry plays fast with all the eye candy too.

I rarely upgrade with a specific game in mind, but with Doom3 and HL2 out this year, it seems we're being given a choice...go for OGL performance, or D3D9 performance.

So...now I have to decide whether to get the ATI Radeon X800 Platinum or Nvidia 6800 Ultra.

BTW I got an Enermax screwless case which is pretty neat. It's a vast improvement over having to screw all the damned sliders onto everything. One think I've never taken time to figure out with these cases that have USB and Firewire on the front of them though is where in the hell do you hook that stuff up?? The case has no instructions regarding it at all. I know where the firewire and such hook up on the mobo, but there isn't enough info on the wires to really know what hooks up where. Anyone have a clue on that?

Sigh.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 13:43.

News Comments > New Joint Operations MP Demo Wednesday
35. Re: No subject Jun 8, 2004, 19:49 KaRRiLLioN

No wonder I love jumping on things and stomping them! I played too much Mario Brothers when I was younger.

News Comments > New Joint Operations MP Demo Wednesday
10. Re: BF wannabe Jun 8, 2004, 15:31 KaRRiLLioN

With all of the great-looking user made island and addons for Operation Flashpoint, I have yet to see anything that will beat it in gameplay or realism.

Look at some of the stuff out for OFP here:
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?newlang=eng

Check out the archives. You'll be amazed that some of those screenshots are OFP. The new islands really make a difference.

BF offers the illusion of freedom with quake physics. I could never get into it.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. 939 Motherboards? Jun 1, 2004, 20:05 KaRRiLLioN

Are there even 939 mobos out yet? I found the Athlon 3800+ on Newegg, but no 939 mobos. What I really want is the FX53 chip.

Man, it's frustrating trying to get this stuff. I want either an ATI X800 XT Platinum or Nvidia 6800 Ultra and a top of the line CPU etc so I can build my new machine, but NOOOOO, it's like the damned things are announced as being released 3 months before you can ever even find one on the market!!

News Comments > Thief Demo
38. Re: ATI May 29, 2004, 14:26 KaRRiLLioN

Damned paper launches!!

News Comments > Thief Demo
36. Re: ATI May 29, 2004, 14:03 KaRRiLLioN

Yeah I noticed the game running jerkily on 4.5 drivers. I'm now reverting to 4.4.

BTW, when will the X800 XT be out? I remember them saying it would be around May 21st. I haven't seen em at new egg yet, and the regular X800 pro isn't in stock there. Also, any sightings of the Nvidia 6800? I want to get one of those cards, dagnabit. I checked Pricegrabber as well. Couldn't find the X800 XT Platinum Gold tooth version there either.

Anyone know if they're out at all yet?

246 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo