Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KaRRiLLioN
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 11, 2001, 01:57
Total Comments 246 (Novice)
User ID 8988

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein MP Test 2
34. Re: Passwords/registration required galore Nov 5, 2001, 16:19 KaRRiLLioN

I like Operation Flashpoint much better still.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Another Game Review site! Nov 5, 2001, 15:47 KaRRiLLioN

I've read some of his reviews for the heck of it and I think that they're remarkably balanced considering. He just gives his thoughts on the game from his perspective. If anything he's expressing his free speech like anyone else.

News Comments > Consolation
2. Halo Footage Oct 27, 2001, 12:40 KaRRiLLioN

Wow...looks great. I can tell that whoever is controlling it is having problems with the controller though. If there's a mouse/keyboard combo for the Xbox I *might* get it. I don't play consoles unless I'm visiting a friend though normally. I hope this comes out for PC cause it looks great!
I'm also impressed with the Xbox graphics. Very nice.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Brain fingerprinting. Oct 3, 2001, 15:44 KaRRiLLioN

The government wouldn't know where you were and couldn't track you so long as you didn't associate your ID with it, although it's much easier to simply track anyone now simply by seeing their credit card purchases/check purchases, etc. If only your iris were associated with it then it would be a completely anonymous relational database that simply says, this person has x security risk profile.
Heck something like this might even prevent things such as Colombine from happening if you identified high-risk students. I am interested in learning a lot more about how this works. Some ppl like gun hobbyists might show a higher risk factor, wouldn't they?

News Comments > Serious Sam Update
16. Re: serious price Sep 24, 2001, 10:29 KaRRiLLioN

Is it possible for you guys to purchase it over the internet from the U.S. for less, or does the shipping skyrocket the price even more?

I dunno what the deal with publishers in the EU and NZ and Australia and other parts of the world is when it comes to that pricing, unless there are some tariffs or some other hidden costs we don't know about.

News Comments > More on the WTC Disaster (Updated)
437. Re: ...he who fights monsters... Sep 12, 2001, 17:31 KaRRiLLioN

I love how Bush catches all the blame. There is no way that in 8 months he has had enough time to "anger" these fanatics into action. Whether Gore or Bush were president, this would have happened. It doesn't matter to these terrorists at all. They view the US as a monolithic entity as many ppl view the government.

I do agree that the US has had some very wrongheaded policies regarding the arming of foreign nationals. If we truly want a country to be free to choose democracy, then I don't think our involvement is necessary. The people of that nation should have every freedom to choose without us sticking our noses into it. If they wish to die for freedom, then that is our choice. Our forefathers made those choices a long time ago and we are enjoying the fruits of their labor.

394. Re: From .ru Sep 12, 2001, 11:22 KaRRiLLioN

#279 my wife is Russian and we talk quite a bit about Russia's plight. If regrets could be harvested, Russia would be the richest nation on the earth. In fact Russia could be economically up to par if not more with the US but unfortunately your leaders, namely the Bolsheviks set back your country a century with the revolution and Stalin pretty much drove a stake into the heart of Russia by killing millions of his own ppl, driving out the intelligencia in the process.

The reason you may have so many rich people in Russia has more to do with the fact that the mafia runs the government and organized crime in control of a country that large is going to be very rich. In fact the Russian mafia has taken over the top spot of dangerous crime organizations.

As far as your generalizations about the last names of people in Silicon Valley, I would daresay that many of them have Indian, Pakistani, German and a large variety of last names. The US is a country built on immigrants, and it is still our strength today.

Unfortunately Russia has a long way to go and I wish her well. I love my wife dearly and if she is representative of most Russians, then I know you are a worthy and great people. But until you prove your resolve to the rest of the world, Russia will be considered a third-world nation by many.

252. Re: Why??? Sep 11, 2001, 19:32 KaRRiLLioN

#248 = TROLL

Perhaps a little more subtlety next time might get you what you want.

Please go away. Thanks!

172. Re: So where now ? Sep 11, 2001, 15:55 KaRRiLLioN

Not only that, but I never recall seeing US Citizens dancing in the streets and giving candy to each other. Most of us were pretty disconnected from the war anyway since it was more like a TV show than anything. I also doubt that thousands of civilians were killed. If they were, more's the shame on Saddam Hussein for using them as shields, as most terrorists do. Hiding behind a wall of women and children is very cowardly.

#170, do you really have a clue as to what you're talking about? I know the US got involved in Kuwait because of oil, but we were also ASKED to help them by a coalition of Arab nations. Whenever Iraq tries fight against the sanctions imposed upon it by the U.N. and Arab nations, we shoot back. I think perhaps that a bit more studying on your part would do you good. I think you'll also find that the US didn't launch the first attack at terrorists. They just hate us anyway.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 16:01.

115. Re: After effects Sep 11, 2001, 13:35 KaRRiLLioN

Of course here's the really scary part--what if this were masterminded by domestic terrorists i.e. like Timothy McVeigh? That would truly spell the doom of our freedoms here in the US because you know the reaction would be to increase internal spying and clamping down upon us all. Just because of the Oklahoma city bombing it made it a hell of a lot more difficult to even buy fertilizer (I have a lot of relatives in North Dakota who farm and ranch).

If it is domestic terrorists, then I'll be even more upset about this situation than I already am. The enemy within is worse than the enemy without.

94. Re: bitching Sep 11, 2001, 12:40 KaRRiLLioN

Man, I just managed to hit all of your wrong buttons. Ah well, it's one of those days, sorry.

Like I've said, I don't blame everyone in those countries. When I see catholic schoolgirls being threatened by mobs just because they want to use the door to their school that is closer to the protestant neighborhood, it just seems senseless to me. I read a lot of news and try to keep abreast of what happens, and as a side effect, I am somewhat opinionated about certain events, especially when it's my own back yard that is being bombed.

My wife is Russian, and one of my degrees was a BA in German; therefore I take great interest in international affairs and I don't want to start the 3rd world war. I just think that retaliation is justified and necessary.

77. Re: AnarKane Sep 11, 2001, 12:22 KaRRiLLioN

LOL! #69, of course you would hide in anonymity and make such a comment. Umm, what about my comments do you find so "stupid"? Can you say that what I have said is untrue? Those ppl terrorize each other with senseless acts of violence daily. I suppose however that you might be one of those ppl so you may be reacting out of defense. I'm sorry if I offended your sensibilites since you may very well be one of those rock-throwing morons in that area.

I'm sure that judging from the logic of your response you've won many great awards for proving a point as well.

72. Re: What's going on? Sep 11, 2001, 12:16 KaRRiLLioN

More like retaliate against those who attack us. You people obviously would just sit back and let your neighbors be slaughtered and say "oh, what a shame. But live and let live, that's what I say!" and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's the terrorists who obviously kill everyone they can if they don't like them. The US has typically gone by the law in these matters with a few exceptions, like Clinton trying to distract ppl from his affair with his intern. I think that perhaps it's time we flex our military muscle a bit at those countries who harbor these criminals.

As for the Lion analogy, if you don't understand it, or think it's funny, then you're obviously somewhat inept at grasping certain things or perhaps jealous of the US. Basically I think that's what fuels some of these lame responses.

59. Re: AnarKane Sep 11, 2001, 12:04 KaRRiLLioN

#50, I would recommend that you catch the first plane flight out of there, but judging from the way planes are being used today that might be a dangerous proposition. What part of the Middle East are you in? I'm not saying that every country there is filled to the brim with frothing madmen, but it sure isn't an area that I, as a US citizen would want to visit.

Of course the ridiculousness of this is mirrored in other countries as well. Just look at Northern Ireland. Those Protestants and Catholics there are some of the most dangerous, crazy, moronic and downright mean people when it comes to ignorance about their neighbors. Or perhaps it's familiarity...after all it too breeds contempt.

47. Re: Does anyone else... Sep 11, 2001, 11:52 KaRRiLLioN

Mike, I'm not saying that I have sympathy for the Palestinians who hate Israel; I'm merely stating that it would be a very smart move on the part of the Israelis to think up such a plan, however unlikely because the US will be more sensitive to Isreael's plight.

In response to #19, if you live in a country like Sudan or Lebanon or Yemen where known terrorists are helped and protected, then yeah, I hope we scour, bomb and salt the earth of those countries. I'm sorry, but many of those countries are filled with religious fanatics who have nothing more on their minds than wiping out Westerners. I'm really sick and tired of letting these countries play games with us while we sit idly by and watch our fellow countrymen die.

If Bush does nothing I will be sorely disappointed, and I'm sure that it will encourage more terrorists. A Lion may look fearsome with its sharp teeth and claws, but if it doesn't use them to protect itself the Hyenas will tear it to pieces bit by bit.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 12:32.

17. Re: Does anyone else... Sep 11, 2001, 11:21 KaRRiLLioN

Well I hope that the US forms a forceful response to the perpetrators of the attack and to any government that seeks to give these terrorists refuge. This is the kind of wake-up call that might actually get the attention of US citizens who are already numbed from watchin one too many Arnold Schwartzenegger movies. I almost feel like I'm watching some corny terrorist movie right now, but unlike many of the terrorists in the movies, these guys had to have been professionals. I mean think of the coordination that this took.

I am saddened, amazed and impressed at the scope of this attack. I truly never thought that I would see this. Now that I have I am very interested to see if the US has the balls to back up its tough talk. Obviously with terrorists hiding behind civilians in countries that harbor them, we're going to have to make them incur some civilian casualties.

I'm watching and waiting with great interest.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 12:28.

News Comments > Black & White Creature Isles Preview
9. Re: Game Bashing Sep 4, 2001, 20:47 KaRRiLLioN

If someone would make a mod using the B&W engine as an RTS that would be really cool. It's a shame to have such a cool engine go to waste. I found myself yawning a lot when I "played" B&W. Not only that but I found the villagers to be complete morons. Half the time I couldn't understand wtf they wanted because when I'd give them what they requested, 2 mins later they needed it again. This in turn hardly gave me any time to take care of my creature who ran around crapping on things and eating people.

News Comments > GeForce 3 Ultra Soon
10. Re: Poor nVidia Sep 3, 2001, 20:46 KaRRiLLioN

nVidia is one of the few companies that tries very hard to keep on a 6 month release schedule, which means that we'll get a rehash of the same chips for several cycles until they come out with something new. Of course what happens is that while they're on the cutting edge, many games that are about to come out now weren't built with the GF3 in mind. I've read quite a bit that many programmers love what it's offering though--greater flexibility so they can program and manipulate the instructions for the chip while the GF2 was a more static chip. I'm no programmer, but if Carmack is creaming over something then it must be pretty decent from a programmer's standpoint.
I'm sticking with my GF2 Ultra for a while longer. I can pretty much play anything at 1600x1200x32 with everything maxed out (except FSAA) and until something comes along that can greatly improve the quality, I'll probably stick with it. I'm not in it for the FPS's, I'm in it for the quality.
I do hope that ATI and Matrox come out with something competitive. I think nVidia is far superior to Intel in the way they do business, but if you give any company too much power in the market, the incentive to innovate will wane. I'm an nVidia fan, but I used to be a big 3DFX fan--hell I even owned stock (I sold it b4 they announced the v5's though ). When the TNT's proved that they had the upper hand in quality I switched.
I'm rooting for ATI et.al. to come out with something great, and I'm hoping that nVidia's nForce chipset will be awesome.
At this point I'm rambling so I'll sign off.

Where the hell am I anyway?

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 20:48.

News Comments > On Duke's Date
20. Re: No subject Aug 31, 2001, 20:33 KaRRiLLioN

I get so freaking sick of hearing these damned pathetic whiners complaining about ads! I would think that it's better than having to track down all of this news yourself and put up with all of the ads on every site that you'd have to visit. Go to ign.com and take a peek at their ads, they're 10 times worse.

Better yet, don't use the internet anymore. You sound like the kind of person to get upset and distracted by anything. If the ads on Bluewnews bother you then you really are in WAY over your head by even logging on to AOL with your 2800 baud modem.

I've had BluesNews as my homepage since Quake came out and IMHO it's still worthy of that position.

Insofar as DNF goes, I figure it'll come out about the time TF2 comes out and by then my grandchildren can tell me how much they like/dislike it. =)

News Comments > Violence & Kids & Mods
42. Re: The most ironic thing... Aug 29, 2001, 00:08 KaRRiLLioN

LOL #38 shows the logic of the liberals...there is none! They mostly just take an end result and apply blame to anything but the parents. If a person really thinks the government should control everything they need only look at history to see what happened. Nazi Germany and the U.S.S.R. are some great examples. Stalin obliterated millions of his own kind and Germans killed millions of jews. I don't think they got those ideas from video games. Hell Wolfenstein didn't come until long after that! =o)

I've played games all my life and yet I managed to keep a 3.8 grade average in college with an active social life. It's the quality of parental care in the U.S. that determines these crazy violent kids.

246 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo