Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 467 (Amateur)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES
33. Re: Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES Jan 6, 2014, 20:11 .Drifter

Speaking of Steam, they seem to be down again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered
14. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 11, 2013, 02:06 .Drifter

I feel like that little kid on the tricycle at the end of The Incredibles that goes "THAT WAS AWESOME!"  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2013, 23:32 .Drifter

Kinda bummed Darkout wasn't in the top 10. It's pretty good too, and the whole Pitch Black meets Terraria vibe is kinda nice, but I guess Starbound was bound to overshadow it in the end.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 7, 2013, 21:08 .Drifter

Not really related, but . . . Gamefly winter sales day two -
They have X-Com: Enemy Within for 19.99, as well as StarDrive for 9.99, if anyone's interested, as well as most of the FEAR games on sale.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2013, 21:05 .Drifter

Read a bit of the stories on PAR, and while I liked many of them, quiet a few seemed very slanted, especially where X-box was concerned. At least of the ones I read.
Not quite sure the reasoning behind shutting everything non-Penny Arcade (comic-related) down, myself. I mean, they pretty much say on PA that the other sites are staffed and run themselves, so I wouldn't think it was distracting them from doing their "Penny Arcade" projects they list as being what they want to focus on now. Well, I do guess the sites were an expense money had to be put towards, as opposed to put in Jerry and Mike's wallets, which over the past few years seem to be the thing they're most interested in filling. Man, at the merchandise they put out now. Pins? Seriously?

38. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2013, 01:06 .Drifter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 23:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 22:52:
Krovven wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 21:18:
It's stuff like this that baffles me in a sandbox game. Why would you have a trigger to spawn the dragon after I met quest requirements, when I could easily find the place if I'm just exploring near the starting area?

Yep have that, imo still not close to a skill bar. I would discuss more, but nda'd.

1. NDA'd on a 2 year old game?

2. You're real name is Horrorscope, so you fear being found out?

I'd bet dimes for dollars Horror means TS:O, not Skyrim. Call it a hunch.

News Comments > Double Fine Regains Rights; Will Re-release Games
12. Re: Double Fine Regains Rights; Will Re-release Games Nov 26, 2013, 22:20 .Drifter

Hmm, I wonder if this is really where their Kickstarter money went, and why they're doing a pre-purchase beta . . .  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 26, 2013, 01:21 .Drifter

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 23:35:
Carmack should be on his knees in front of John Romero begging for a job and apologizing for being a know it all dweeb

Romero's run, what, 3, 4, 5 companies into the ground by now hasn't he?
And last I heard wasn't he making facebook games or something?
Not to discredit anything he's done in the past mind you, but Romero's probably the last person Carmack would go to for gainful employment.
Besides, Carmack probably still has more money than Romero anyways, even with his experiments in rocketry. Better job prospects too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
111. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 01:50 .Drifter

My sympathies also for your loss.  

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
36. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 22, 2013, 23:29 .Drifter

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 23:07:
BTW if anyone wanted 3d glasses we would ask.

3D glasses, please and thanks!

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
25. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 16:55 .Drifter

Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 16:34:
vote for Grim Dawn 2014, for your ARPG fix!

I purchased Early Access to Grim Dawn via STEAM and have played for a bit and provided feedback for Crate. It's a good aRPG and has a TON of potential. It will also supporting modding which will give it a lot of life. Imagine if D3 was moddable...

I will say, D3 has spoiled me with it's combat "action", the recently released and upcoming aRPG's don't seem to be as fluid with combat as D3 is so far (even Grim Dawn).

I can agree with this, lol. So far, I like Grim Dawn more than D3 to be honest, but it just feels a bit clunky, mostly in the UI not the controls. Skill trees so far seem a bit sparse, too, compared to some games I've played. Still, the setting and story have kept me interested so far, and the way you can bust out a personal portal to town from anywhere, sell loot, and go right back to where you created the portal and grab the rest of the loot? Genius!

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
18. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 15:03 .Drifter

Played Diablo III, never once used the auction house. Granted, never played it on the hardest level either, but personally it was like the auction house didn't even exist to me, wasn't a factor.
Constantly online was, as even to this day there's stutter and random lag that most other online games I play never have.

As an aside, Path of Exile seems to require you constantly be online too, unless I'm missing something. Haven't seen nearly the ire over that, as it was with D3.
It also seems that, other than the basic attack you start with, all other attacks/spells must be acquired as gems you have to slot in your equipment. Granted, I've only tried 3 characters and haven't leveled very far, but I'm not really seeing (so far) the need to have different classes when all attacks seem to come from found gems. That might change further down the line, I don't know though. In any case, PoE isn't grabbing me any more than D3 did, and I was expecting it to bases on all the "it's brilliant!" feedback I've been reading on it. The graphics I do like more than D3's so far.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
26. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 01:48 .Drifter

Well, for Gamefly I've tried both the 20% off and 25% off coupon I have access to.
Neither work.
"Sorry, coupon code could not be applied to any of the items in your cart."
That's the issue.
Been over 24hrs for a support request, and so far all I've received are two automated "we'll get to you within 24 hours, due to higher than expected number of support request" emails.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within
40. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Within Nov 12, 2013, 20:51 .Drifter

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 18:49:
Will W wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 16:00:
Damn, missed that 25% off X Rebirth code. That's what I was waiting for on a purchase....guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-x-rebirth/5006750
Code: GFDNOV20

Code doesn't seem to work, price still 49.99 after applying the code.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
48. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 00:46 .Drifter

I see comments talking about how this hurts crowd funding.
Seeing as how the game was not crowd funded, and the Kickstarter failed miserably, not sure where the crowd funding comes into play. I mean, it's not like anyone can say "I funded it and it's crap, and I was ripped off." Unless, of course, in people minds they see it as Kickstarted when it wasn't, just because it was on Kickstarter.

News Comments > New Riddick Game Plans
8. Re: New Riddick Game Plans Sep 11, 2013, 04:01 .Drifter

I could see this working as an online game, with mercs.
Go into an online lobby, like a bar or some other dive, where missions are posted, assemble a team or instead choose to go solo, then start the mission. Once the mission begins, though . . .
If they were set pieces, like chapters in a game, I could see one person, or a group of people, being the Riddick type characters, trying to escape from the mercs, by running, hiding, and making deals with the locals to get what they need to escape the area, or stalking the mercs to take them out.
If the instance isn't closed, new mercs could jump in and try to beat your team to the prey, or take your team out, while the ones running from you could do favors to NPC's to have them misdirect the mercs coming after them, or set the merc(s) up to take each other out.
Yeah, that would be a LOT of work to get that set up, but the potential for fun if it were done and done right, wow.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 9, 2013, 00:27 .Drifter

nin wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 11:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 09:49:
Week 3 no Skyrim. The world is a darker place....

Indeed. Payday still seems to be raking it in, which is nice.

Think I've finally decided I like SR3 better than 4. Both are good/fun, but some of the magic seems to have gotten lost along the way.

I had more fun with SR 4 than SR 3, mainly due to the superpowers, and while I'm satisfied with it, I agree something was lost. I think the superpowers pretty much rendered some of the activities irrelevant that, in SR 3, were fun and had a purpose, such as collecting cars. I had a great time hunting down and collecting them in SR 3, but in SR 4? No need, once you got superspeed. No need for helicopters or planes once you got glide leveled up a bit. Heck, I didn't even use half the weapons since I didn't need to. Missions seemed a bit stinted too, in that first you're doing full rescue sequences, then BAM suddenly everyone is just showing up on your ship after the first part. Overall, it felt more like a padded mod than a sequel.
That being said, it was still one of the most satisfying games I've played this year. The ending, though . . .

News Comments > Wangtastic Shadow Warrior Trailer
14. Re: Wangtastic Shadow Warrior Trailer Sep 7, 2013, 21:13 .Drifter

siapnar wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 14:46:
Yep I wasn't huge on Hard Reset.

Ah, SiN... that takes me back. I loved how Blade talked shit the whole time

SiN, now THAT's a game I'd like to see a sequel kickstarted for. Probably wouldn't make funding though, but I really hate how they started Episodes and just closed up shop, never getting to finish it.

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted
5. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted Sep 4, 2013, 01:25 .Drifter

ViRGE wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 01:10:
Dev wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 00:37:
ViRGE wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 23:28:
nin wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 20:58:
I'm still a little surprised (yet excited) it's doing so well...two stretch goals are already down, and it's still trucking along.
It'll slow down after $1.5M as the initial campaign pop wanes, but I fully expect they'll hit $2.5M (or more) by the end.
I dunno, they haven't added physical copies yet which a lot of people are begging for in the comments (people are offering to pay $75 and up for one).
Eh? There is a physical tier; it starts at $60.

You get an empty box with only a manual, no game. Game's digital only.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 01:26 .Drifter

Parias wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 22:20:
Prez wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 21:11:
Not really related to the topic, but when I hear anything about this game I can't help but remember how excited I was when they released that incredible video some years back. And then how utterly deflated I felt when it was later announced that it was going to be a F2P multiplayer game.

Are you thinking of this one? Me too =\

Awesome video, I miss the game it could have represented.
Side note: I hate Youtube's forced advertisement videos.

467 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo