Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 467 (Amateur)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Guitar Hero III Patch
9. Re: No subject May 14, 2008, 01:11 .Drifter

Can't remember where I read it, but the reason for no DLC on the PC was that it's easier to pirate the music on a PC than it is on an Xbox360...
Yeah...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Expansion Plans
20. Re: Wowbagger Apr 4, 2008, 00:05 .Drifter

Sword of the Stars has just such random elements. A meteor shower that can wipe out a planet if there isn't enough defenses around it. Aliens that destroy defenses to replicate. Other aliens that kidnap your planets. Planets and asteroids to discover that have hidden, alien bases that destroy you as soon as you enter the system if your tech isn't high enough, or fleet too small. Ships that move during combat. Different means of deep space travel. Several different species to play as with some noticeable differences.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Expansion Plans
13. Re: Well Apr 2, 2008, 23:30 .Drifter

Homeworlds ships have many times more the detail and art than the ships in Sins, and they play fine on system 7 years old.

I'm guessing you're referring to Homeworld 2 with this comment? Because if you're referring to Homeworld 1, I don't think I agree with that comment, at least the detail and art part. As for Homeworld 2, I thought the ship detail was great. But only if you're zoomed right on top of the ships, because every game I played on 2 separate computers using 3 different video cards, the LOD changes as you zoomed out were brutal. Going from great detail, then with a slight zoom the ship deforms slightly and loses a noticeable amount of detail for a minor zoom. Zoom out slightly more, it's a bland, vanilla looking ship.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Idiots Mar 30, 2008, 19:59 .Drifter

I'd read elsewhere that the Prelude was using Creative's drivers, the only thing Auzentech did was add the driver for dolby or something.

Edit for spelling, lol.
This comment was edited on Mar 30, 20:00.

News Comments > Requiem Bloodymare Beta
7. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2008, 22:45 .Drifter

Tried it, and while it wasn't bad, I wouldn't necessarily call it good. In fact, I can't call it anything just now. Got booted from the server on the final step of the starter missions, and every time I log in since them I get an empty server, no NPC's, nothing, and soon after a message "lost connection" or something like that. Going on 5, maybe 6 hours now.

News Comments > Guitar Heroes III Patch
5. No internet any more Dec 18, 2007, 16:50 .Drifter

Patch applied, some fixes supposedly related to online play, and it fixed them all right.
Game can no longer even connect to the internet to update leader board or play online any more, lol.

News Comments > etc.
3. LOL Nov 6, 2007, 00:50 .Drifter

Heck, the petition to have them PATCH the darn game didn't do any good, why would this one?

News Comments > Homeworld to Return?
4. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2007, 20:27 .Drifter

As long as it's more like Cataclysm than either HW1 or HW2, I'll be happy.
2 big problems I had with part two were the timed levels and the the fact that technology seemed to take a step back from Cataclysm. Another more minor issue I had was how the game seemed to ignore Cataclysm altogether, and how the story in HW2 just did not mesh all that well with the story in HW1, at least not without a lot of stretching.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 20:27.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
29. Re: How is this news? Oct 10, 2007, 12:51 .Drifter

Just curious TheMatic, have you ever sucked another man's dick? Because your stupid video game is full of pathetic fags. So did you ever do that in real life? How's that for a comparison? Fuckin' nerdy ass little kid.

Well, I wasn't attacking you personally I was just questioning your argument. I was going to use amusement parks and online games as a comparison, and ask how you could justify paying to go to one repeatedly, when most in my experience are more of just the same thing and a waste of money. Maybe I should have used an apartment as a comparison instead, with the monthly cost of a subscription being comparable to apartment rent. You buy a game, get 30 free days, and if you want more you pay "rent" to keep playing, much like how you put down the deposit and first month on an apartment, and if you want to stay there you do. If not, you move on and stop paying. Or, if you don't want to pay to play, you play on a pirate server if that's your thing.

Funny, though, how you turned it into a personal attack and then threw out a bunch of assumptions. First, you assume I'm a man. Why? Only men can use a computer? Second, you assume I play WoW. Why? Because I commented on a post about it? Third, you assume I'm a little kid. Why? Because I posted here? The same place you did?

Good one. Can't attack the argument, attack the person.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
18. Re: How is this news? Oct 10, 2007, 01:14 .Drifter

Just curious, Zeph, but you ever been to an amusement park? Or Disneyland? Or something similar? If so, how many times?

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans & Creative Audio Issue
31. Re: No subject Oct 1, 2007, 01:22 .Drifter

The main given reason for this switch was the inclusion of the voicechat feature.

From what I've read up to now on the forum, voice chat had nothing to do with the sound change, and several Bliz peeps have posted as much. Not that they couldn't be lieing, but I have yet to see anyone from Bliz post it was the reason.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm Announced
16. Re: ... Sep 27, 2007, 00:56 .Drifter

Widescreen has never been broken for me. Granted, it was never true widescreen in the first place. They actually chopped the top and bottom off of the standard resolution so that it was the right width but not the right height. Honestly, 1280x1024 on my 1680x1050 monitor had the same horizontal viewing distance, but a good bit more vertical viewing distance.

News Comments > Red Alert: A Path Beyond
15. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2007, 00:28 .Drifter

a vast majority of "lifetime" anything is somewhat of a scam, and when you purchase something like that there is always a clause that says if the company goes under, or changes ownership, or blah blah blah, then the "lifetime" offer is null and void

Most of the "lifetime" offers on products I've seen are the "lifetime of the product" type "lifetime" offers. By making it "lifetime of the product" I guess they protect themselves from law suits, since the product lifetime is then what they decide it is rather than "lifetime" as in "the buyers lifetime."

Edited to add that I just love it when you read a Lifetime Warranty* on a label, go to read the * and find that it says in really small print something like "5 years" or something similar.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 00:30.

News Comments > Preorder The Orange Box, Test TF2
121. Waiting on Circuit City Sep 12, 2007, 01:14 .Drifter

Well, if I get it I'll do what I did with Ep.1 box, wait for Circuit City to drop it in the bargain bin and pay 5 or 10 bucks for the whole lot in about 6 to 12 months.

News Comments > Kwari Announced
7. hmm Sep 1, 2007, 01:13 .Drifter

First time a server crashes and they refuse to award prizes based on already achieved kills, I'm gonna laugh at the uproar.

News Comments > Space Siege Revealed
8. Uh, haven't I seen this before? Jul 7, 2007, 03:29 .Drifter

I mean seriously, isn't there an xbox 360 game currently in development where the player has to choose to stay more human or become more cybernetic? And didn't it get creamed last e3?
And then there was another one, I forget the name now but it was by dreamcatcher or something, where you're trapped in a spaceship and it played like Diablo in space...

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2007, 02:52 .Drifter

Nexus, I really liked it until the bugs kicked in. From what I remember the developers abandoned the game before they really got around to patching it.
I still have it, still mean to try and finish playing it, but just never get up the resolve to deal with the issues.

News Comments > EA Reorganizes
21. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2007, 01:58 .Drifter

its funny cause all of you bitches buy every EA game that comes out then bitch about it

The last EA game I can remember buying was need for speed underground 3 years ago for 9 bucks at circuit city.

News Comments > EA Reorganizes
11. Re: RIP Jun 19, 2007, 04:00 .Drifter

It just means more executive specialization. You won't have a guy overseeing the management of both Diner Dash and Battlefield. Instead people will work exclusively within their expertise. So all the FPS games in development will be answering to the same group.

Yeah, the EA Games group. The one doing Strategy, FPS, Racing, Simpsons, etc.

All very similar game types, so I just know it will work out great.
Just imagine their first game:
Command and Conquer the Need for Speed on the Battfield of Honor to Burnout the evil Bartman clone.
An RTS/Racing/FPS/Simpsons hybrid where you RTS your way across the map, dropping down into FPS mode for hands on battles, and when you finally reach the evil Bartman you have to race him around the battlefield while trying crash his car and steal his medal, while avoiding exploding tiberium road hazards.
Yeah, I'd buy that for a dollar!

News Comments > Gone Gold - Sword of the Stars: Born of Blood
2. Re: Soooo,,, Jun 6, 2007, 00:30 .Drifter

I will. I liked the original games' single player experience, never really went online and played it so can't comment on that portion. The game kept it to the point of what I wanted to do, research new tech and use it to kick alien butt, so the expansion pack is a no brainer for me.

467 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo