Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 460 (Amateur)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Champions Online Video Diary
4. Re: Champions Online Video Diary Jan 17, 2009, 04:36 .Drifter

I'm not sure what comics you're reading, because the last ones I read were anything but
morality tales of high drama
when it came to story or anything else. They were just excuses for flashy artwork and action scenes. Maybe things have changed in the past few years, but I'm not putting down any money on a comic to find out, I'll just stick with the few manga I read now.
And the quotes you gave to support comics seem to be from fantasy novels, not comic books.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Saints Row 2
16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Saints Row 2 Jan 8, 2009, 00:22 .Drifter

Bought the game from walmart last night, tweaked the settings a bit, and it runs decently for me.
My biggest issue so far, other than the random slowdown others are reporting, are the resolutions available to the game.
My monitor is 1680x1050.
The game does not support this resolution.
This is only the second time I've bought a game that doesn't support 1680x1050 out of the box, which is very annoying to me.

News Comments > Retail PoP DRM-Free
45. Re: Retail PoP DRM-Free Dec 12, 2008, 00:33 .Drifter

The way I took the comment, he wasn't referring to all people, ie. all PC gamers, just mainly the ones complaining about DRM.
Had he phrased it "A lot of people complain that DRM is what forces people to pirate games but as PoP PC has no DRM we'll see how truthful those people actually are. Not very, I imagine" it would not have come across as bad. And there are people complaining that DRM forces them to pirate, saying "if I have to crack it to play it, I'll just get the cracked version instead."
And if they wanted to see how not having DRM helped or hurt sales, they could just look at the percentage of copies sold compared to the percentage pirated, and if they used the exact same method to collect that data as they have in the past they should see how it compares to PoP 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Used sales... Dec 5, 2008, 00:41 .Drifter

I'm surprised the auto industry isn't blaming used car sales for their decline... or are they?  

News Comments > Sword Of The Stars Interview
4. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 01:52 .Drifter

SotS is a RTS and TBS, sort of. Moving on the galactic map it's turn based, in that you select research items, design ships, set build queue's and such. Then you click the button, stuff happens, and if a fight starts it goes to a RTS phase. At that point, you control the ships in battle by selecting targets, setting destinations for ship movement, and then fighting until time runs out, at which point the game returns to the turn based phase.

As for comparison to GalCiv2... well, SotS isn't really the deepest game around, it's mostly about researching a high level of technology, building ships with that technology, and blowing up whatever those ships run across. Diplomacy consists mainly of you and an opponent agreeing to not attack each other for a little while, or until one of you changes your mind. Planet construction projects are limited to defensive satellites circling planets.
In conclusion, if you want a lot of strategy go with GalCiv2, if you just want to design and build ships that you control directly to blow stuff up, and don't care for diplomacy or a lot of other strategic stuff, you might find SotS fun. Just be warned that all parts the ships are built of are predesigned, so it's not like GalCiv2 where you can come up with some crazy designs.

News Comments > Gold - Sacred 2
14. Re: Hmmmm Sep 21, 2008, 01:05 .Drifter

this is the one where they told us we didn't own the game
Maybe I've been misunderstanding it for years, but I've always thought manufacturers have said you don't own the games you buy. Yeah, you own the disc(s) it comes on, and a license to use the game, but not the actual game itself. At least in terms of game code/intellectual property rights and such.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky in NA Next Week
7. Saw it in walmart already Sep 8, 2008, 15:34 .Drifter

I went there Friday, and there was a spot for it on the rack, but no games, but when I looked at the space they shove all the extra games into on the bottom shelf, there were around 10 games in DVD style packaging, nothing on it about preorder, so maybe they had pulled them for return due to the CD key issue?

News Comments > Bionic Commando: Rearmed a Sales JUGGERNAUT
18. Re: ... Aug 25, 2008, 20:24 .Drifter

I bought it directly from Capcom, and as far as I know I didn't have to install anything to use it. Other than the game that is.

News Comments > No DX10 Call of Duty: World at War
10. Re: ... Jul 15, 2008, 01:40 .Drifter

The simple reality is that gamers expect to see high-end features like DX10 included, even if they won't be able to appreciate it until they upgrade.

Personally, as a gamer, I expect a good, fun game. What "high end features" it includes, well they don't matter to me unless they increase my enjoyment of the game.

News Comments > On WAR Cuts
12. Re: Bad sign Jul 14, 2008, 16:04 .Drifter

If this was Blizzard they would have extended the release date OR, more likely, pulled the plug on it all together.

From what I remember of WoW, there are several unfinished areas you can glitch yourself into, or at least you used to be able to.
Examples that come to mind: Old Ironforge and the airfield above the mountains. I've seen a couple other areas in other zones too.
And unfinished quests and other content.
Take the smiling John or Jim (where they burn down his bar) quest for example, I don't remember them finishing that quest, which came out at launch wasn't it, until around 2 years later. And how many other quests, from launch, seem to just stop without a resolution. And how many times has Blizzard gone on about how they'd absolutely LOVE to get this old, meant to be out when game launched content finished, but well we just have to put out the next expansion to make more money?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Devil May Cry 4
8. Re: Direct-to-Download Jul 9, 2008, 00:12 .Drifter

Direct to download is somewhat akin to Direct to Video. Rather than getting it in a store, you can buy it online and download the game (kinda like direct to video, where you get it on video instead of seeing it in a theater). Demo is still free though, last I heard.

News Comments > Jumpgate Evolution Beta Sign-ups
3. Is this the open beta. . . Jun 26, 2008, 12:33 .Drifter

. . .that they put sign ups for sometime last year? The one I signed up for and got a "thanks for your interest, we'll be in touch" email, with no further contact?

News Comments > Turbine Generates Funding
5. Re: Rebirth AC2? Jun 5, 2008, 04:13 .Drifter

I haven't played in years, but you must have quit before I. When I quit, you no longer learned spells through trial and error. You did learn them this way when I started, but if you didn't want that trial and error you downloaded spilt pea, I believe it was, and it would tell you every spell you could learn, you just followed the recipe and use the right ingredients. This changed so that you just learned them, after one patch, by scrolls. And all the ingredients could still be used, or instead you'd buy a focus that took up a slot that would otherwise be used by a backpack, and you'd only need a few prismatic tapers and the right scarab.
Skills, they eventually put in a method to remove and change your skills, so that the gimped character you'd made could be remade into something more effective, had to do quests or something though to get the ability to change the skills if I remember right.
Quests, they added each patch that related to that months story. Yeah, not a huge amount at once, but there were new ones each month and even some of the old ones were altered, and I think a few removed as they were antiquated and the world moved on story wise.
As for levels, my experience was that once you hit a certain level, getting a higher level didn't have much impact. I remember taking my level 40'ish, buffed with high level spells, and doing just as well as 60 to 80 level range characters. Yeah, I had a little less health, but your level after a certain point did not have as much of an impact as other RPG's I'd played.
My time to quit came about the time Martine sacrificed himself to take out that bad buy, can't remember his name, but he was like an evil Asheron. After that, my interest fell off a bit and I eventually quit playing.
I did love, though, the gameplay movies they made for each chapter to introduce what was going on that chapter/patch. And how the devs would just jump into the game and have impromptu ingame story events.
This comment was edited on Jun 5, 04:21.

News Comments > PC Guitar Hero III Patch
9. Re: No subject May 14, 2008, 01:11 .Drifter

Can't remember where I read it, but the reason for no DLC on the PC was that it's easier to pirate the music on a PC than it is on an Xbox360...
Yeah...

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Expansion Plans
20. Re: Wowbagger Apr 4, 2008, 00:05 .Drifter

Sword of the Stars has just such random elements. A meteor shower that can wipe out a planet if there isn't enough defenses around it. Aliens that destroy defenses to replicate. Other aliens that kidnap your planets. Planets and asteroids to discover that have hidden, alien bases that destroy you as soon as you enter the system if your tech isn't high enough, or fleet too small. Ships that move during combat. Different means of deep space travel. Several different species to play as with some noticeable differences.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Expansion Plans
13. Re: Well Apr 2, 2008, 23:30 .Drifter

Homeworlds ships have many times more the detail and art than the ships in Sins, and they play fine on system 7 years old.

I'm guessing you're referring to Homeworld 2 with this comment? Because if you're referring to Homeworld 1, I don't think I agree with that comment, at least the detail and art part. As for Homeworld 2, I thought the ship detail was great. But only if you're zoomed right on top of the ships, because every game I played on 2 separate computers using 3 different video cards, the LOD changes as you zoomed out were brutal. Going from great detail, then with a slight zoom the ship deforms slightly and loses a noticeable amount of detail for a minor zoom. Zoom out slightly more, it's a bland, vanilla looking ship.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Idiots Mar 30, 2008, 19:59 .Drifter

I'd read elsewhere that the Prelude was using Creative's drivers, the only thing Auzentech did was add the driver for dolby or something.

Edit for spelling, lol.
This comment was edited on Mar 30, 20:00.

News Comments > Requiem Bloodymare Beta
7. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2008, 22:45 .Drifter

Tried it, and while it wasn't bad, I wouldn't necessarily call it good. In fact, I can't call it anything just now. Got booted from the server on the final step of the starter missions, and every time I log in since them I get an empty server, no NPC's, nothing, and soon after a message "lost connection" or something like that. Going on 5, maybe 6 hours now.

News Comments > Guitar Heroes III Patch
5. No internet any more Dec 18, 2007, 16:50 .Drifter

Patch applied, some fixes supposedly related to online play, and it fixed them all right.
Game can no longer even connect to the internet to update leader board or play online any more, lol.

News Comments > etc.
3. LOL Nov 6, 2007, 00:50 .Drifter

Heck, the petition to have them PATCH the darn game didn't do any good, why would this one?

460 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo