Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 461 (Amateur)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > WAR Over-Billing Follow-up
11. Re: WAR Over-Billing Follow-up Apr 10, 2010, 04:54 .Drifter

Dev wrote on Apr 10, 2010, 04:24:
Also, this has been going on since march 23rd at least (thats the earliest report in forum of the transaction dates) and new charges have been added up through this week.

So apparently mythic has been asleep at the switch and letting this happen for TWO WEEKS. Seems it took a huge customer outcry for them to do anything, rather than keeping an eye on thier billing system.

Huge customer out cry?
Do they still even HAVE enough customers to have a huge outcry?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
13. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 23, 2010, 20:29 .Drifter

sir wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 17:15:
JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 15:36:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 15:28:
Isn't this game fixed yet, can't Blizzard get this right after 5 years?

Yeeeah.

The amount of money they've made with this game dwarfs the GNP of most of the globe, and can only be expressed using complex equations (involving sixth-dimensional numbers).

If that ain't "getting it right", you might want to rethink your perspective.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

You might want to finagle some of that money yourself to invest in a sarcasm detector, since it's pretty much a certainty that Acleacius' post was in jest.

Well, when it comes to Bluesnews comments, you never know for certain.

News Comments > NVIDIA Responds to ATI PhysX Comments
22. Re: NVIDIA Responds to ATI PhysX Comments Mar 13, 2010, 01:31 .Drifter

"trolling ... Yes... Get angry about it."

lol

News Comments > Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge Announced
8. Re: Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge Announced Mar 12, 2010, 01:59 .Drifter

At least they toned his hair down a bit this time, lol.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again
64. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 9, 2010, 04:50 .Drifter

Lol.  

59. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 9, 2010, 02:46 .Drifter

But why limit a good pimp slap to just a hoe?
Share the fun!

56. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 9, 2010, 02:34 .Drifter

To prove it to yourself simply type "steam failed to" into Google and then see all the suggestions which popup like "steam failed to connect" and "steam failed to contact key server". Then click on some of the links.

I've had one or maybe two instances of steam not launching a game due to a decryption error on purchase, but I have over 20 games on it so it doesn't bother me. Using google to prove a point though?
Try typing "how to pimp slap" into google, and look at the results.
Must be a lot of people out there who don't know how to pimp slap, eh?
I'm sorry, but you can type just about anything you have a problem with into google and get a decent number of hits, especially with things more people are involved in or use.

54. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 9, 2010, 02:28 .Drifter

I can easily see people attacking the servers.
Maybe not to the degree that it's causing all the issues they are attributing to attacks, but still to some degree.
And I'd bet most of the attacks are from the "It has DRM, so I won't bother with it" group, who again instead of actually having nothing to do with it either try to pirate it or attack the servers out of spite.
Not that it matters to me, since I have NO plans to ever touch any of these games unless the DRM is removed.
Even then, only PoP might get a purchase, on sale, with the DRM removed.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Does Apple’s iPad Prove We’re Too Gullible? Feb 12, 2010, 03:34 .Drifter

My first thought on seeing an iPad was: Wow, it that an over sized iPod touch prop for a comedy skit?  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer
10. Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Feb 12, 2010, 03:29 .Drifter

space captain wrote on Feb 11, 2010, 22:39:
Players will eventually face off against the Borg Queen, the leader of the Collective, but the road to her lair is a very dangerous path.

and then 5 minutes later she will be reborn, the road will be rebuilt and everything will go back to exactly as it was before

AWESOME! and so very compelling

While there could be options besides this industry standard method of making MMORPG's, I'm guessing they'd be pretty difficult.
Why?
Well, the publisher puts in new content. Those players who seem to live in online games conquer it within a day or two of release, the content is done. Rather than reset, the creators of the game LEAVE it done, just like "real life" would be.
Then what happens?
No one else gets a shot at it, new content must be released, at which time . . .
Lather, rinse, repeat, with the same group of people getting all the new content each patch.

One alternative I could mention is to do what EVE did. Just don't bother with content and let players pretty much make the game up as they go. Or, as I like to think of EVE, make an economic simulator and throw in some method for players to kill each other. Or do some repetitive, mind numbing activity.
Heck, change the ships to armored, heavily armed players. Then change space into large, open FPS zones with vehicles.
Viola! ADAM online!
Throw out random stories, make some new guns, armor, and vehicles every once in a while, and give people the ability to go into mines and MINE things, and you've got a new hit game!
Or did they already do this and call it Fallen Earth (which most people don't seem to care for)?

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2010, 03:31.

News Comments > AvP Demo Released Early
65. Re: AvP Demo Released Early Feb 9, 2010, 21:01 .Drifter

Test.  

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator "Marine" Trailer
23. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 23:02 .Drifter

Also, the PC demo only features DX9 graphics and not the VISUAL QUALITY of the retail version.
I've seen the part about the demo only featuring DX9 graphics multiple times, and my question about that is: AND?
I have yet to see anything in DX10 or DX11 that is all that much more impressive than what I've seen so far in DX9, so when someone uses that excuse for a demo it just don't cut it. Saying it has reduced visual quality due to lower res textures, that I could believe.
But lesser quality due to DX9 only? Not so much belief there.

News Comments > Starships Ahoy - Star Trek Online - New Races for Sale
21. Re: Starships Ahoy - Star Trek Online - New Races for Sale Feb 3, 2010, 00:28 .Drifter

Star Trek's vision of the future isn't one full of ion cannons going off everywhere, people having all-out ground war and constant combat.

While this might be true, I have seen every episode of the original series, possibly all of TNG also, and you have to admit that there were a lot of fights in them. From TOS phaser battles, fist fights, and space ship battles to TNG's several space fights.
Heck, the last 2 or 3 seasons of DS9 seemed like nothing much more than constant fighting. At least what I watched of them.
Not defending the game, just saying that people seem to look back on ST with rose tinted lenses.

News Comments > Fallen Earth Invites Former Players
11. Re: Fallen Earth Invites Former Players Jan 25, 2010, 04:59 .Drifter

The main problem with this MMO is it doesn't have Fallout anywhere in the name.
Thank goodness for that.
If it did, it would probably kill the Fallout franchise.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2010, 04:59.

News Comments > Star Trek Online/Del Taco Freebies
9. Re: Star Trek Online/Del Taco Freebies Jan 22, 2010, 02:21 .Drifter

Because taco's were such a big part of the Star Trek universe?
This has got to be one of the weirdest promos I've read about.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jan 16, 2010, 18:15 .Drifter

Video won't play past the halfway mark for me. It buffers, loads fully, then when playing just stops.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2009, 00:44 .Drifter

If you load up steam, be on the lookout for package deals. You might have to refresh the home page a few times to get the one you want to pop, but they have EVERY Telltale game available in a package deal for 49.99. That's both seasons of Sam and Max, the new Tales of Monkey Island, Strong Bad, Wallace and Gromit, and several others. Same with some other deals, like one with the new Batman game and several others for 49.99. Do not go directly to the package deals, if you do they show as 99.99, but keep refreshing the home page until the package deal you want shows. Then just click and enjoy the 49.99 price.
*spelling errors, lol*

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2009, 00:45.

News Comments > City of Heroes Server Transfers
4. Re: City of Heroes Server Transfers Dec 19, 2009, 02:43 .Drifter

That and user created content is the future of MOGs.
Well, CoH/CoV already had user created missions with mission architect. I played a few a while back, and some were more creative than the dev created missions, others not so good.
Haven't played CoH/CoV in a few months though, so can't comment on the state of the game and missions now.

News Comments > On Star Trek Online's Klingons
20. Re: On Star Trek Online's Klingons Dec 19, 2009, 02:36 .Drifter

What I find rather funny about this . . . well . . .
There have been several times over the years when I've heard the hardcore PvP crowd in many of the MMORPG games I've played go on and on, over and over again, about how all they want to do is PvP, don't care about missions, want to level through PvP, want world PvP, nothing but PvP 24/7.
Now that this is basically what's happening, nothing but complaints.
Granted, Star Trek is a rather (very) odd choice for a game with a faction that has a heavily PvP centric nature, even if they are Klingons. I'm thinking it comes from the type of audience that Star Trek has, which I don't believe is very PvP centered. Most people I know who watched the series didn't watch it primarily for the fights and action, but instead for the story. Playing the conquering Klingon becomes a wee bit harder when you have no story to play, and instead are getting your butt handed to you repeatedly by a PvP'er who spends their time playing dedicated to administering a whipping to everyone else they come across that they can. And given that this is STAR TREK, for crying out loud, I have doubts as to how many hardcore PvP'ers will even be highly attracted to it. This design decision isn't very good, and will definitely cost them some potential players. I guess though that if you want a PvE Klingon, you just make an unknown Federation alien and have it look Klingon.
I don't foresee it being too hard to add Klingon PvE content however, since the generic nature of the missions in most MMORPG games would just require the text be rewritten and the models swapped out, and viola! New missions for the faction.

News Comments > Tex Murphy 1 & 2 for Free on GOG.com
4. Re: Tex Murphy 1 & 2 for Free on GOG.com Dec 17, 2009, 16:17 .Drifter

Whoo, been a while since these came out.
I did play the first one, Mean Streets, way, way back in the day on my C64. I found it pretty fun for the time, but man did the flight segments suck. C64 was not a very good platform for flight simulations, although some did work pretty well (mostly from Microprose), so the sequences where you had to fly your hover car were a real pain. Never did get to play the sequels, since they were never released on my two computer platforms of choice at the time (first C64/C128 and then Amiga), and it was a few years later before I finally got a PC.
Speaking of old C64 games, anyone remember Echelon, from Accolade? The one where you wore a headset and spoke into the mic to fire weapons? Wireframe space simulator, never finished it but always meant to, was just that the flying was so stuttery I could never bring myself to.

461 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo