Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 462 (Amateur)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
40. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 14, 2014, 01:38 .Drifter

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 07:50:
.net_Drifter wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 05:30:
Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 19:28:
If it's not available on all platforms it should be a contender to begin with. How is everyone else to judge otherwise?

So, technically, you ARE agreeing with the awards choices, right?
I mean you did say that "if it's not available on all platforms it SHOULD be a contender to begin with" . . .
Unless you left something out . . .
Does that make any sense to you? I thought it was obvious, he meant to say shouldn't not should.

Oh, I knew what he meant, it just tickled my funny bone that one thing was said, yet another argued. That's the reason for the "left something out" which I thought would point out the joke. Guess not.
Funny how an apostrophe and two letters can change a meaning entirely, lol.

That being said, no movie should ever be eligible for Picture of the Year unless it's released on Betamax.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
30. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 13, 2014, 05:30 .Drifter

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 19:28:
If it's not available on all platforms it should be a contender to begin with. How is everyone else to judge otherwise?

So, technically, you ARE agreeing with the awards choices, right?
I mean you did say that "if it's not available on all platforms it SHOULD be a contender to begin with" . . .
Unless you left something out . . .

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 6, 2014, 01:52 .Drifter

Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 22:48:
Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 22:41:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 20:28:
Yeah, she is the creative force behind one of the greatest console franchises ever. I'd be surprised if there wasn't follow up.

I'm really curious as to why she was forced out. I'm sure she won't stay unemployed for long. Good luck to her.

A single game on a single platform that most people don't know about or will ever experience? It may be great but she's still an unknown to most people.

A single game?

Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3. 3 games all considered among the best of an entire console generation. 3 games that sold millions of copies apiece. 3 games that helped drive PS3 sales and were the most successful PS3 pack-in in North America.

She may be unknown to most people, but does that matter? The main creative force behind one of the biggest franchises of recent gaming history has parted ways with that franchise. That's news.

She also worked on two of my favorite series:
Jak and Daxter and Legacy of Kain.

Hardly a "single game on a single platform."

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Feb 24, 2014, 19:17 .Drifter

Julio wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:47:
Guess he won't be doing a cameo in Ghostbusters 3. A very talented man.

. . . or will he?

RIP, Ramis, awesome movies.

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
53. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 24, 2014, 08:27 .Drifter

Undead Scottsman wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 01:53:
Hellbinder wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 21:19:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 17:14:
Two very scuzzy developers duking it out.

why is gearbox scuzzy exactly?

Of the top of my head

-They allegedly ripped off the Borderlands artstyle from a short film called "Codehunters."
-The Duke Nukem Forever fiasco (which, to be fair, it wasn't entirely their fault the game was shit. It WAS their fault for still trying to release it as shit, though. I'm sorry you bought the rights to a terrible game, Randy, but don't make your customers pay for it.
-The Aliens: Colonial Marines fiasco.

Never knew about Codehunters, actually looked kinda cool, and would love to see what happened next, if anything did, in the story. If it wasn't an influence on Borderlands art style I'd be shocked. That being said, I've seen similar art styles in graphic novels years before that clip was made, although I'd doubt they influenced Borderlands. Also, was it just me, or did the kid with the slingshot look an awful lot like Noodle from the Gorillaz band?

News Comments > Editorial on Kickstarter Communication
22. Re: Editorial on Kickstarter Communication Feb 23, 2014, 00:25 .Drifter

briktal wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 17:43:
Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 12:07:
'Oh yeah, right! There's a bunch of people who hate the idea of what we're doing and are waiting to pounce on us if we make a single mistake'.

Again, why does this matter? Tim doesn't seem to get the idea that non-backers *ARE*NOT*IMPORTANT* when you've Kickstarted a game. Make whatever the people who already gave you money want you to make. And if they're fine with you releasing it in two parts, then release it in two parts, and to hell with the rest of the world. If they wanted a say, they should've put up some money.

InXile understands this far, far better than Double Fine does.

Your backers are the people who preordered the game. Imagine someone saying that people who didn't preorder Game X *ARE*NOT*IMPORTANT*.

One thing you're leaving out is that these backers also FUNDED the game via Kickstarter, so yes they are more important than someone who preordered the game after it was pretty much completed. Now, your comment would be more valid for part two, which preorders of part one did fund, as opposed to part one, which funded via Kickstarter and was essentially being built for those backers who got a copy upon completion.
If it helps, visualize the game as a couch, one you paid someone to design and build for you. Someone else comes along and preorders a copy of the finished couch. Should their input be considered as important as yours in the design of said couch?

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics Demo
13. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 20, 2014, 05:27 .Drifter

I've felt, for years, that whether or not he means it, many of Derek's posts come across as snarky, even in cases where no one seems to be aiming any criticism at him, like it's an automatic response. Not everything he posts, but a bit. That being said, the Steam forums are . . . well, they're crap, and I'm getting a real kick out of him banning and deleting comments/threads. ANYTHING that raises the ire of many/most of the posters on the Steam forums is good in my book, and in that respect some of what he's posting about the forums is true, at least in regards to trolls and posters/groups gunning for you, based on what I've seen in other Steam game forums. In regards to him and his game? Not sure, didn't read that many posts, and apparently quite a few were deleted, so meh. There are a few forums over there that I've read where there seem to be sane posters, but others . . . someone's been spiking their koolaid.

Edit:
Holy carp, does that one dude have a hard on for him . . . huge negative review with over 500 comments in 51 pages, and at least half of them are his . . .

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2014, 05:35.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2014, 05:09 .Drifter

Jivaro wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 23:19:
I got my link about 45 minutes after I signed up. The notice about the newsletter mailing list was on the very first page. I remember because I thought twice about signing up...but ultimately decided the music was worth the extra two seconds it would take me to put their newsletter in the "send to spam" list if it bothers me.

Maybe it was noscript, but I didn't see a mention of a mailing list until I got to the final confirmation page, at least from what I remember.
In any case, signed up on the 15th, got the download links late last night, a bit after I posted, and a bit longer than 45 minutes to an hour.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 18, 2014, 21:16 .Drifter

I tried for the De La Soul albums, didn't get squat. Never sent me a link, but DID sign me up for a mailing list that wasn't mentioned until the final confirmation, I think it was.  

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale
10. Re: 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale Feb 8, 2014, 02:00 .Drifter

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 18:10:
$35 for an unknown alpha game? Lol smoke some more crack.

Seeing as how well it's apparently selling, yes they probably are smoking quite a bit of crack, among other things.

News Comments > John Carmack on Leaving id
20. Re: John Carmack on Leaving id Feb 5, 2014, 01:42 .Drifter

Panickd wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 21:58:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 20:10:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 19:51:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 19:07:
Let me translate. Id wanted me to work on actual games and all I want to do is puke 4 hour speeches about
video drivers.

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 19:47:
Thanks for making us want to dig our ear drums out with a fork every year.

We get it. Someone tied you down and forced you to listen to his keynotes A Clockwork Orange style.

Romero was right all along. Wasted money on ROCKETS AND YAPPED NON STOP FOR 10 years.

So what you're saying is that John Romero made you his bitch? And you sucked it down?

It all makes sense now!!!!!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Announcement This Month?
29. Re: Duke Nukem Announcement This Month? Feb 2, 2014, 00:41 .Drifter

wtf_man wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 12:26:
I'd rather have a remake of the original Duke 3D from those guys that remade Rise of The Triad.

But the assholes at Gearbox reneged on that deal.

EDIT:
and they say this means the next Duke Nukem game will be announced at that time by Interceptor Entertainment

WOOT! FUCK YEAH!

I hope it is a reamake and not a new game!!!

You know, I've never heard anything good about the RoTT remake. I remember when it came out there were several complaints about crap graphics, crap performance that was unbelievably bad for the crap graphics you had, crap optimization that caused several glitches and crashes, crap weapons, and crap checkpoint save system rather than the "save anywhere" one so many people say is superior (and since most times I see Checkpoint Save and Consolitis in the same sentence so often, seeing it not complained about in a PC game at this point would nearly blow my mind).
So, is it really not so bad as I've read, or is it a case of rose tinted glasses forgiving the games deficiencies?

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
46. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 30, 2014, 18:31 .Drifter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:59:
Quinn wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 04:54:

It's about sworn enenies putting away their differences for the greater good, and join up to fight a threat that may aswell destroy Nirn. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." You know? The line you hear in every game and movie these days.

If you mean by "no sense at all" the fact that they really shouldn't spend millions on this shit but rather put that cash in a game that needs a hell-of-a-lot of improvement ESPECIALLY in the combat, then I can only agree with you wholeheartedly.
Okay. But here's the thing, no where does it imply that they're enemies. Parts of different factions, or anything else. They're simply people fighting. Fighting about what? Who knows. But they're fighting each other, then some other people, and we don't know who they are either except they appeared through a metal skyring. It's not exactly a great cinematic to open with because it provides nothing to those who are new to the game. No information, background, story, etc.

So, at that point it's still a case of "it makes no sense at all." As for the rest, well they probably should have hired blizzard to make their cinematic. :p

To be fair, if you took the narration out of opening cinematics to the WoW MMO and it's expansions, it's pretty much just a bunch of people fighting for no apparent reason too.

News Comments > Star Swarm Demo
5. Re: Star Swarm Demo Jan 30, 2014, 18:28 .Drifter

Zoom wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 17:33:
Tried it a bit, sadly the results are very inconsistent to the point they make no sense at all, even between levels of detail (you can get a higher score on highest setting and a lower one on lower setting.. just pure randomness). Looks like the scene is generated at random, which explains the wild variation.

Someone posted on another forum the whole scene has two AI opponents fighting randomly each run through, so how much and how hard they think affects framerate. Not sure I totally believe it, but . . .

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access
10. Re: Next Car Game Early Access Jan 15, 2014, 19:35 .Drifter

Had a couple of thoughts when watching the video:
1) Wow, this looks a lot like a destruction derby game Psygnosis released on the PS1 when it first came out, a game me and my brother sunk probably a couple hundred hours into.
2) Wow, that orange car reminds me of the one from Interstate 76 . . . they should use this game as a basis to do a remake!
3) Man, it would be awesome for someone to use this to make an updated version of Auto Duel!

News Comments > Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES
33. Re: Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES Jan 6, 2014, 20:11 .Drifter

Speaking of Steam, they seem to be down again.

News Comments > Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered
14. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 11, 2013, 02:06 .Drifter

I feel like that little kid on the tricycle at the end of The Incredibles that goes "THAT WAS AWESOME!"  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2013, 23:32 .Drifter

Kinda bummed Darkout wasn't in the top 10. It's pretty good too, and the whole Pitch Black meets Terraria vibe is kinda nice, but I guess Starbound was bound to overshadow it in the end.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 7, 2013, 21:08 .Drifter

Not really related, but . . . Gamefly winter sales day two -
They have X-Com: Enemy Within for 19.99, as well as StarDrive for 9.99, if anyone's interested, as well as most of the FEAR games on sale.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2013, 21:05 .Drifter

Read a bit of the stories on PAR, and while I liked many of them, quiet a few seemed very slanted, especially where X-box was concerned. At least of the ones I read.
Not quite sure the reasoning behind shutting everything non-Penny Arcade (comic-related) down, myself. I mean, they pretty much say on PA that the other sites are staffed and run themselves, so I wouldn't think it was distracting them from doing their "Penny Arcade" projects they list as being what they want to focus on now. Well, I do guess the sites were an expense money had to be put towards, as opposed to put in Jerry and Mike's wallets, which over the past few years seem to be the thing they're most interested in filling. Man, at the merchandise they put out now. Pins? Seriously?

462 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo