Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 467 (Amateur)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Firefall Beta Begins
4. Re: Firefall Beta Begins Aug 30, 2011, 01:15 .Drifter

I misread it first as Firestart.
Gave me a nostalgic flashback to Project Firestart.
They either need to remake that game, or at least release it on GOG.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 27, 2011, 01:55 .Drifter

I would think that the reason Xbox games running on 6 year old hardware looked so close to PC games was because most PC games that are also on the Xbox are just direct ports of the Xbox game, meaning they'd look the same anyway.
As for standardizing hardware for better performance, that just makes me think "hey, let's turn PC's into consoles!"
And while I'm not an expert, wouldn't ditching Windows (in any form) and coming up with a game centric OS that allowed for more direct access of the hardware be an option about as good as or even better than standardizing hardware until you have the equivalent of a console?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
11. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 20, 2011, 21:38 .Drifter

Every store in my area is sold out of the Touchpad.
Every online site I've checked has been sold out too, if they even list it, even those that have not dropped the price.
Heck, even HP's website says it's out of stock, lol.

News Comments > DmC Devil May Cry Gamescom Trailer
5. Re: DmC Devil May Cry Gamescom Trailer Aug 17, 2011, 01:46 .Drifter

I only see Dante once, at the 36 second mark.
This other character is not Dante.
Can't be.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
5. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Aug 5, 2011, 20:03 .Drifter

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 5, 2011, 17:04:
I would rather see a company do hot fixes every day for a year, then a company that only does them every 6 months IF that (Cryptic Studio's City of Heroes).
I wouldn't mind that either if it were actually a hot fix instead of a hot mess.

News Comments > Thursday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Thursday Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2011, 23:47 .Drifter

I'm guessing they mean using the likenesses is a form of freedom of speech?
Unless they're referring to the likenesses being religious in nature. Enough people seem to worship athletes, so I guess stopping them from using the likenesses could amount to stopping someone from practicing their religion.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria
16. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 01:58 .Drifter

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I seem to remember reading once that Blizzard said they'd never put Pandarians in the game since it would piss off too many Chinese players.
Something about China not caring for Pandas in games, or something, a cultural thing.
All those gold farming accounts lost would be a good bit of missing revenue, it it were true.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jul 7, 2011, 22:32 .Drifter

For BRINK, the regenerating health wasn't really a complaint for me, most of the time, since you can die so fast it wasn't really much of a factor in most of the games I played.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 14, 2011, 01:00 .Drifter

Not sure if it has anything to do with the new Netflix redesign or what, but I went to watch Last Exile on my xbox, was forced to download an update, made it through one episode. As soon as the episode finished, the xbox locked up.
Powered down/up, tried to watch a second episode, and now I can't even get Netflix to connect.
Wondering at this point if Netflix has just been hacked . . .

News Comments > Brink Patched
4. Re: Brink Patched Jun 9, 2011, 01:02 .Drifter

Not sure what else they added, but where I used to be able to run the game with ambient occlusion on, now I cannot as it stutters insanely badly.
Seriously wish they'd fix the teammate AI a bit, as I still have issues finding any games online when I actually get time to play.
And the motivation to even play the game any more.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine E3 Trailer
13. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine E3 Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 23:49 .Drifter

While I'd love a Homeworld 3, I don't believe Relic has the rights to it. Last I heard, it was Sierra, and I don't who who has them now.
Besides, after Homeworld 2 and all the retconning they did to the story, and the changes to available technology and gameplay, I think I'd rather have someone else make a Homeworld 3.

News Comments > Prototype 2 E3 Trailer
2. Re: Prototype 2 E3 Trailer Jun 5, 2011, 23:12 .Drifter

Didn't finish it myself due to windows version having some bugs that affected me.
Apparently several others too, going by the official forum.
Of course, all ignored, no patch.
Biggest was a bug caused by an apparent conflict between the game and the drivers for windows Sidewinder mice. Had to disable HID devices in device manager to even get the game to run and not be a slide show. Of course, that disabled all advanced features of the mouse (dpi changing, etc).
Didn't help with sound issues, or crashes, though.
Won't be getting the second on PC, probably not console either.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
95. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 4, 2011, 01:48 .Drifter

Got the beta, tried to play, looks like crap.
Not talking about default graphics either, since I can't even see them because everything looks like the shaders and textures are totally jacked.
Character models are green and yellow, wall textures flash, and some weird reflective mirror like substance covers everything with such a high lens flare, I can't tell what anything is half the time.
Downloading it again didn't help either.
Changing settings has no effect, and this is the only game with an issue even similar to this.
Could be the drivers on my card (nvidia 460) have an incompatibility or something, they're 266.58.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hunted: The Demon's Forge
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hunted: The Demon's Forge Jun 1, 2011, 05:18 .Drifter

Game has been pretty linear, as far as I've played.
Graphics, at default setting, do look kind of sub par. Setting everything to high helps a bit though. Even so, the main characters (hero/villain) look noticeably better than NPC's. Environments vary a bit, but are nothing special.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hunted: The Demon's Forge
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hunted: The Demon's Forge Jun 1, 2011, 01:29 .Drifter

Unlocked for me Monday at around 11:20pm'ish, seems pretty good so far. You can tell it's a console port though, due to the limited graphic options.
Keyboard/mouse controls seem solid though.

News Comments > Brink DLC and Stats Plans
8. Re: Brink DLC and Stats Plans May 28, 2011, 01:40 .Drifter

The Half Elf wrote on May 27, 2011, 23:17:
My issue is just how some of the choke points are setup, or if you take over a command center you can't spawn there, only at checkpoints. The hacking the Nav computer room is just layed out badly, along with the hacking the safe room. But on other maps, like trying to get to the crane are well done.

Also agree.

13. Re: Brink Patched May 25, 2011, 05:04 .Drifter

everyone wrote on May 24, 2011, 11:14:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 24, 2011, 08:25:
Sound still drops out. Text is still corrupted. Fail.
I think that's down to servers not being on the new version.

Nope. Playing solo campaign, not online, not on a server, text corrupts everywhere there's a text box.
As for sound drop out, haven't really noticed it as a major problem, however I will say that I don't seem to get many character hit sounds. If I fire at someone, only the sound of the gun firing seems to occur, and I might be hearing bullets hit the environment behind and around the target, but I never seem to notice any sound indicating a bullet actually hitting a target (person).

6. Re: Brink Patched May 24, 2011, 01:56 .Drifter

Text glitch is even worse, affecting everything nearly all the time now.
And if anything, my bot teammates seem even stupider than before.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2011, 04:31.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Map Pack Released
8. Re: Crysis 2 Map Pack Released May 18, 2011, 05:26 .Drifter

Cryptic's first-person shooter sequel?  

News Comments > Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned
48. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 15, 2011, 21:17 .Drifter

Jerykk wrote on May 15, 2011, 04:12:
I can see why a lot of people don't like the game. The levels are full of brutal chokepoints that put offense at a severe disadvantage. TF2 has similar level design, except it offers multiple ways to break through (spies, ubers, etc). In Brink, you're pretty much screwed since it only takes a few hits to kill you. Considering how much of a disadvantage that offense has, it's especially lame that the defensive team can quickly undo hacks.

This pretty much sums up just about my biggest issue with the game so far.
I've completed the game as one of the rebels, trying it now as a cop, and so far the worst map in my opinion is the airport one where you have to crack the safe and get out with the documents inside. The room the safe is in has three entrances, and the defending team can basically guard all 3 from the upper level entrance. Congregate there with a watch force on either side, and you pretty much own the room. They're coming left? Shift forces there, right, the same, center, well they're already all there. At this point, even when my team manages to get the data and nearly make it to the exit point, it's always seems to be nearly smothered by the opposing team who takes the carrier out at the last second and then the whole process begins again.

467 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo