Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 460 (Amateur)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week
19. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 21:08 .Drifter

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 17:50:
nin wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 16:36:
Julio wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 16:31:
Here's to hoping that this game is much better than TL1 and D3.

Topping D3 won't be hard. TL1 wasn't perfect, but it was fun, and I hope 2 is even better.

I'd actually be very surprised if TL2 was better than D3 even in its current state seeing how sorry TL1 was

I spent more time playing, and had more fun, with Torchlight in the first two weeks after it came out than I have had with Diablo III since release. Now, admittedly, most of this could be due to the fact that I didn't have to log into some server to play Torchlight, as opposed to D3 where I did, and for the first two weeks, and about two weeks more, I was consistently and frequently going over 1K ping, which pretty much rendered the game unplayable. In fact, the only way I could get ping low enough to play was by switching from the American servers to the European ones, which stayed rather consistently at 200 ping, give or take.
Given my experience with D3, I'd go with it being the sorry game.
(Starting to wonder about my auto correct, it's making some strange choices lately)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 25, 2012, 21:02 .Drifter

Got off work last night, went to see if the servers were up, and not only were they up, but all the servers with good names were full.
In fact, I seem to remember there being three with light, one medium, a few heavies, and several full ones. And thus was just a bit after midnight central, if I remember right. And I might not, as I worked late on Friday.

News Comments > Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion
27. Re: Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion Aug 17, 2012, 01:48 .Drifter

Heck, Stardock and Ironclad Games ought to sue Rebellion for lost sales, stating that because people confused the name with theirs, and they refused to buy Sins.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 00:47 .Drifter

Kaldon wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 16:36:
DO NOT BUY Legends of Pegasus, the game is alpha quality at best, its not even beta quality, nowhere remotely close to release quality. in the 83 minutes I've managed to play I stopped counting after 18 show stopping bugs, i experienced 10 crashes. The game won't save, when you do manage to get it to save the file gets corrupt and when you try to load a save game you cant get the load screen to even come up. Save yourself the heartache, money, and irritation AVOID Legends of Pegasus at all costs.

You know, I have yet to read anything positive about the game.
Well, unless you count the "positively awful" comments.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Returning
8. Re: Heavy Gear Returning Aug 9, 2012, 01:15 .Drifter

sauron wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 21:11:
HG1 was freaking great, but for some reason I never got into the sequel. If they get a remake right, there are a lot of fans out there.

It's a similar situation to Mechwarrior or maybe Tribes, although the current iteration of the latter seems to have hit the nail on the head and the fans love it. Hard to do though.

I also loved the first HG, but not the second. It just felt too different from the first.
That and the fact that the mechs felt more fragile than HG1.
I also vaguely seem to remember my legs getting damaged a lot too, but I might be thinking of another game.
The space combat in multi for HG2 was pretty fun though, at least for a while.

I just wish they'd released the final patch for HG1 officially. They invited a bunch of us to beta it, made you fax in a non disclosure agreement, then sent you a link to a "secret website" where we posted a laundry list of stuff to tweak . . . which was ignored for months, it seemed like, with no interaction from the people making the patch. Then suddenly, poof, no patch.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2 Jul 25, 2012, 01:19 .Drifter

Bought the first game, regretted it after.
First off, had a bit of a volume issue, pumped up the volume that was ok.
Second issue was the mouse. I had a Microsoft sidewinder, game had a known issue with that mouse in that if it was plugged, in on certain computer configurations, when you launched the game, then the game ran like crap. Unplug the mouse, or disable HID usb devices, and it ran OK.
Rare final issue was that it randomly locked up or crashed.

I will say though, that after disabling HID devices in device manager, unplugging my mouse, jacking my speakers up pretty high, closing every single program running in task manager, and managing to get the game to run without crashing . . . it was kinda fun.
Absolutely no PC support what so ever for the first one though.
I do not not expect any for the second, especially since the developer is DOA, and most especially because it's published by Activision.

News Comments > Deadpool Game Teaser Trailer
6. Re: Deadpool Game Teaser Trailer Jul 16, 2012, 01:14 .Drifter

Deathstroke!
That's who I always thought Deadpool was a knock off of. I was thinking about this the other day, but couldn't remember the guys name.

News Comments > Deadpool Game
10. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 03:44 .Drifter

They did start a Dirty Harry game once, then canceled it.

As for Deadpool, I never get all the love people have for him. Granted, I haven't touched a Marvel comic in 10+ years, but from what I remember of him when he was introduced, he seems like nothing more than a smart mouthed merc with a gun and sword, who seemed to have a knack for making improbable escapes from deadly situations, who was created as a throw away foe for Wolverine. I seem to remember he was a temp foe meant to replace Sabertooth (who was half dead or something from having adamantium ripped out of his bones) and Cyber, I think it was (who was eaten alive to get at his Adamantium skin, which was used to replace Wolverine's missing adamantium).
I also vaguely remember them mentioning he had a healing factor based on mutated cancer cells or something, but it's been a while, so I might be wrong.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
128. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 02:58 .Drifter

Dev wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 02:24:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 02:07:
Do the wishlist giveaways work on games that aren't out yet but are listed on Steam?
I'm not sure, I bet that would be in the terms of the specific contest running. If it doesn't, it would probably move to the next items, so when one of those contests hits, I usually have enough to have 10 at the top without counting pre-orders (so if I had 5 preorders I'd have 10 after that for a total of 15 expensive items).
.net_Drifter wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 02:20:
Twenty minutes trying to buy Total War Samurai 2 package, and every time I get it in my cart, the friggin' cart empties.
Is it empty or just not showing? I've seen both happen today, where it will stop showing cart at the corner for a while then it comes back on a reload. I've also seen where I add something and it disappears.
Also, you may want to login and try from your web browser, see if that makes a difference, you can buy stuff from the steam webpage and not just within steam.

Good ole valve, their front end/load balancing crapping out as usual.

It was totally empty. I'd add the game, click the button to continue with purchase, and BAM empty cart. This was both one game at a time, and multiple games.
Heck, there were even times when I'd click the game to get to the page to add it to the cart and zip! Blank page.
Both the website and through steam client.
Eventually it just let me buy the 3 games I ended up buying one at a time.

As a side note, prices seemed to change randomly when the front page refreshes. Warlock, for example, is 30% off one refresh, 66% off the next, click add to cart on the 66% off one and the 30% off shows up in the cart, lol.
I give up for tonight.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
126. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 02:20 .Drifter

Twenty minutes trying to buy Total War Samurai 2 package, and every time I get it in my cart, the friggin' cart empties.  

News Comments > Reznor Writing Black Ops II Theme
50. Re: Reznor Writing Black Ops II Theme Jul 12, 2012, 01:12 .Drifter

Beamer wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 18:37:
Devinoch wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:59:
space captain wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:52:
genre labels are for dumbshits that need to be told how and what to think

No, it's called language. Try using it! It's all the rage these days, people actually communicating!

(Also, anyone who says "my music can't be put into a genre" is a pretentious twit. Rough categorization isn't a bad thing. Unless you absolutely, positively think every single thing is unique. Then you're just like all the other people exactly like that. Twit.)

Labels are mostly meaningless. Quick, what's Korn and Limp Bizkit? Ask their fans and they're metal. Ask anyone else and they're hard rock. Don't even get me into the infinite levels of subgenre. I mean, the Map of Metal has dozens of genres, but if someone says "so what kind of music do you listen to?" and the response is "deathgrind" you're going way too in-depth. But if someone says "metal, you know, like Korn"... basically genres are either meaningless or too in-depth.

Wait a sec, I thought Limp Bizkit was Nu Metal?

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Double XP Weekend
10. Re: Max Payne 3 Double XP Weekend Jul 6, 2012, 18:48 .Drifter

Download version of the game's on sale on Amazon, 39.99 (20.00 bucks off) and was even cheaper a day or two, 29.99 I believe it was, if anyone's interested in getting it.  

News Comments > Spider-Man Swings onto PCs
3. Re: Spider-Man Swings onto PCs Jun 27, 2012, 22:05 .Drifter

I liked Spiderman 1 and 2, part 3 with Venom and Sandman . . . not so much. They tried to throw too much in, and it sucked.
The new Spiderman movie?
Don't even care to see it.

News Comments > World of Tanks Patched
3. Re: World of Tanks Patched Jun 20, 2012, 23:48 .Drifter

Nighthawk wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 22:03:
I'll support and counter that.
There is nothing wrong with the matcher, low tier tanks in battle are typically lights, which are used for scouting and placed in higher tier matches.
Zero damage penetrating hits have been explained in the blog and forum.
Ghost shells, never seen it, some that impact obstructions and you don't see land, yes, but never disappearing.
Unbalanced, on and off, nothing too bad.
Artillery "wanked" yes, still happening.

If you haven't played, try it out, it's a fun game with a bunch of whiners tossed in for sport.
And I counter that!
I have heavies that are 9 of 10 matches the lowest tier tank in the match. Most games I've played, lights are even to me or higher level.
Zero damage penetrating hits are a problem. Explained or not, when you hit a tank 8 to 10 times in a row and get "penetration" each time, but 0 damage, something is wrong.
Disappearing shells, yes, but not frequently. Firing across an empty stretch of land, from behind bushes, with absolutely nothing in front of me and a hill behind the target, with absolutely no impact animation anywhere to be seen.
Unbalanced, yes and no. There was one tank, I think it was the Chinese premium one, where if you were in a match and the opposing team had 3 on their side, your match was almost a guaranteed loss. There were a few other tanks like that too.
Artillery, yeah, still has issues.

I played WoT for months, even went premium for a bit, but constantly being the low man on the totem pole match after match after match . . .

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2012, 22:56 .Drifter

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:41:
Probably -- I seem to remember a well publicized event where someone convinced a tele-marketer he was a cop answering a phone at a murder crime scene of the home owner and he wanted to know how the tele-marketer knew the victim... on and on.

Not sure I was actually ever convinced it was a real call from an actual tele-marketer but it was fun to consider the possibility.

Tom Mabe. He has a some pretty funny stuff he's supposedly pulled with telemarketers.
Here's that one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50

Another good one is where a dude calls and tries to sell him a casket, he pretends to be suicidal after getting fired and having his wife and family leave him.

News Comments > "38 Studios Spouse" Speaks
50. Re: Jun 13, 2012, 22:40 .Drifter

Dev wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 16:45:
Beamer wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 15:13:
But he needs to have broken a law to be a target. Starting a business, running it poorly and having it go out of business isn't a crime, if it was no one would ever start a business. Yes, there may be some civil issues that pop up, but on the surface there's not even a hint of a crime committed by Schilling.
Since when? The gov painted a target on him when he was looking for a scapegoat. If someone wants to target someone, they don't need to have any obvious laws broken. There's tons of obscure things or things one wouldn't think are a problem that can be an issue. Like if a cop wants to find something wrong with your car and pulls you over, they will. Maybe that oil sticker in the corner of your window merits a fine for instance. Or maybe your headlights aren't aligned and calibrated properly.
On a business, just bring in OSHA or something and they can find things wrong. Maybe that railing is 3 inches too high. Maybe someone ran a power cord across the floor.
Which reminds me, they could bring in BSA and have them do an audit of the computers. There's ALWAYS at least one copy of a software somewhere that wasn't properly licensed at all companies.

And those are just a few things off the top of my head.

Based on my experience, OSHA's a joke, but I understand mileage may vary and all that.
I've worked for two different companies that had OSHA sic'd on them, the worst one having a building that the fire inspector barely signed off on. Out of date wiring, barely adequate fire suppression system, door lock system kept doing out randomly and jamming the magnetic door locks on so the doors wouldn't open, air vents coated in dust, one of the bathrooms shut down for nearly a year to repair it (repairs didn't start for most of that year, and were completed in a few weeks).
Multiple employees got together, complained, and what did OSHA do?
Sent a letter that was posted on the wall for all to read that basically stated no, they would not be doing an inspection, everything was in spec per the company, and if it wasn't to please bring it in spec.
Needless to say but I'm not working there any more.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2012, 00:09 .Drifter

There was a game several years ago, I at one point thought Eternal Darkness might be it but it wasn't, that I was really interested in coming out for the Gamecube.
Essentially, a lady's daughter had died and was trapped in purgatory/limbo/hell/SOMEWHERE, and the mother did something, I think committed suicide, so she could go in and rescue her daughter's soul. I cannot for the life of me remember the game's name, or who was making it, but there were scenes where the mother was wandering around, solving puzzles, and I think merging with other lost souls to gain their power and fight the evil creatures in the netherworld she was wandering in.
Looked really good, then poof, never heard of it again.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC
58. Re: Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC Jun 7, 2012, 22:17 .Drifter

Since this isn't really about the money, I'm going to assume that when the experiment is done and over with, he's refunding everyone, right?
Right?

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Port Issues
2. Re: Dark Souls PC Port Issues Jun 6, 2012, 21:42 .Drifter

"Yeah, we're going to release an unoptimized PC port created by a bunch of people who don't know how to port a game to PC, with nothing fixed from the original, but look! Shiny new content!"

No sale.

News Comments > Epic Wins Case Versus Silicon Knights
7. Re: Epic Wins Case Versus Silicon Knights May 30, 2012, 21:27 .Drifter

Cutter wrote on May 30, 2012, 21:04:
When you lay down with dogs you get fleas...and sued apparently.
I agree. Silicon Knights are dogs, only one good game from them, the original Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.

460 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo