Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 461 (Amateur)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Loot Drop Drops Kickstarter
41. Re: Loot Drop Drops Kickstarter Oct 24, 2012, 01:38 .Drifter

Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 05:07:
Zanderat1 wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 23:50:
But that was like 10 years ago?

When someone says he's going to make you his bitch, you take it personally.

Considering how, this many years later, people are STILL talking about it . . .
In a way, he has made everyone his bitch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 2, 2012, 01:38 .Drifter

Well, the rumor was, at least for the Avengers 2 movie, that agent Coulson would be The Vision.
I can't remember if they refuted this or not, but the clue was supposedly when Fury says something about him being his good eye, with eye - vision being the supposed connection.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
34. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 29, 2012, 05:21 .Drifter

s1mon75 wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 22:09:
Darks wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 12:46:

Its just you, maybe your a boring person.

And you have ascertained this from a few lines written by OP? Or is it that this bloke doesn't agree with you?

At least he isnt a sheep. Bleh bleh back to your herd in case you have original idea.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a little tired of this whole "sheep" thing.
Yeah, I get it, I know why it's used, but . . .
No one has tried to come up with anything new. It's no longer original. It's just old, and worn out.
Something that's trotted out when another way to convey the concept behind "sheep" cannot be thought up.
Dare I say, calling someone "sheep" is being a sheep yourself, since it involves no originality in doing so, and just follows the "you're a sheep" crowd down the same old path that so many others have used?

News Comments > Nexus 2 Kickstarter
27. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 29, 2012, 02:54 .Drifter

Been a while since I played the first Nexus game, never finished it.
It wasn't really hard, from what I can remember, but there was a game breaking bug that happened every time I played. Vaguely, I seem to remember that you get an alien ship, blow something up, and get teleported into space where you have to save a convoy or something. I could be wrong, like I said it's been a while.
Every time the mission would start, something would bug and everything would explode and I couldn't progress the mission.

News Comments > Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions
32. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 21, 2012, 02:13 .Drifter

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 20:51:
deqer wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 20:36:
and suddenly the Title for this Thread has changed to contain "MMO Questions" in it. Why? What does that even mean?

Why would you put the word "MMO" in news related to TL2? TL2 is not an MMO. You're making this Title/News look dirty, and false information.

Why would you even talk about their future plans, and the plan of MMO?

This News is about TL2 Launch. NOT their future MMO plans. No one likes MMOs.

Bah... what a crappy title now. It was cool at first. It was just "Torchlight II and Demo Available", simple, and straight to the point, but now you ruined it.

deger, what project or MMO did you once work on?

Based on past comments, I'd guess a temp hire at Blizzard to work on WoW or one of it's expansions at crunch time, with promised bonuses that were not delivered on due to unrealistic time frames given to complete milestones, which were not reached, with an eventual early term to prevent paying out any bonuses, which caused a very intense dislike of Blizzard specifically and by association MMO's in general.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation
30. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation Sep 20, 2012, 01:14 .Drifter

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 18:11:
Time to reboot SW Galaxies. Give it an engine and visual update, fix some of the NGE lunacy, and done.
I played SWG for a while, and now that it's dead and gone . . .
I am convinced people are looking back on that game with rose tinted glasses.
When it first came out, I remember hate for the way the game and gameplay was set up and all the bugs. I remember how it seemed that players were disappearing right up until NGE.
When they did NGE, I remember the hate for the changes and suddenly the original game then oh so great all of a sudden.
I remember logging in in the months before it shut down and running into maybe 10 players. Total, not a day.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer
35. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 19, 2012, 02:38 .Drifter

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 08:37:
Fired up this morning for the unlock. Good to go for tonight. Steam confirms the key I got from GMG included the preorder stuff. GMG sends another key for the season pass. I'm set.

Hell of a deal...T-9 hours...

So did I, but . . . for what seems like every, single, solitary preload I've done in the past month, the preload will not install.
It's either IO error, unspecified error, or once something else that I can't remember. And it only happens on games that preload.
NEVER on the release version.
Only . . . preloads.

Mine always pauses at the end of preloads, and then I have to resume it to make it "finish" (even though everything is downloaded). Weird...didn't use to do that.

This morning it totally unlocked, but then went back to pause, and then once I unpaused it, it instantly went to available...

Resuming won't work for me, tried it, tried restarting steam, tried verifying the cache (and always get the a-ok returned), and even tried restarting PC, nothing works but deleting the preload and downloading again.

News Comments > On The Secret World's F2P Potential
17. Re: On The Secret World's F2P Potential Sep 18, 2012, 03:50 .Drifter

saluk wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 13:43:
My problem with p2p is less a matter of how much I am spending, and more a psychological matter. Look at the last week of my GW2 time. I barely played, I've been busy with work etc. I may be a bit busy to play much this week too. Right now, I am still loving the game every time I play it, but I'm NOT playing often enough to really justify paying every month. Towards the end of the month, I would have to evaluate whether I want to keep paying for something I'm not really using.

On the other hand, I've filled up my character slots. At any point in the next few weeks I might decide to make a new character and buy some slots. While I am putting money in the cash shop anyway, I might buy some other things just for fun. I can justify that a lot easier than I can paying money for a game I'm not spending that many hours on.

The secret world was fun for the first month, but I unsubbed. I didn't unsub because I wasn't having fun, I unsubbed because I wasn't playing. If I want to play again next month, which I might, I will have to consider whether it's worth the hassle to reactivate on the off chance that I play for a day and get distracted away from it again.

Wow, this is pretty much my feeling with MMORPG's now.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer
30. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 18, 2012, 03:34 .Drifter

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:17:
Looking forward to play this game, got it preloaded.
So did I, but . . . for what seems like every, single, solitary preload I've done in the past month, the preload will not install.
It's either IO error, unspecified error, or once something else that I can't remember. And it only happens on games that preload.
NEVER on the release version.
Only . . . preloads.
I'm about to the point that the next time it asks if I want it to preload I'm saying no. Or at least stopping the preload before it finishes.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light
38. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Sep 15, 2012, 21:44 .Drifter

Jerykk wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 04:50:
.net_Drifter wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 04:08:
Lol, last version of the beta gave me a crypt.win32 virus warning in NOD32, I send it to eset and they verify a false positive.
Game is updated again on steam for release . . .
CRYPT.WIN32 virus warning again . . .
Apparently something they're doing is giving Nod32 fits . . .

Heuristic scans are inherently unreliable. If a game is on Steam, I seriously doubt it has any viruses. I'm pretty sure Valve at least runs a virus scan before uploading anything to their servers.

Yeah, I figured it was a false positive again, just find it amusing that this is the only game that's done this on steam on this computer.

As for the game itself, really digging it. For a measly 10 bucks for the kickstarter, I got a steam key, a GoG key, and a DRM free download of the windows/apple/linux versions. Now THAT is cool.
If these guys do another kickstarter, I'm going to toss more than 10 bucks their way next time.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light
20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Sep 15, 2012, 04:08 .Drifter

Lol, last version of the beta gave me a crypt.win32 virus warning in NOD32, I send it to eset and they verify a false positive.
Game is updated again on steam for release . . .
CRYPT.WIN32 virus warning again . . .
Apparently something they're doing is giving Nod32 fits . . .

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
13. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2012, 03:07 .Drifter

I saw the new, all black iphone5 (at least it looks all black in the image) and my first though was "wow, looks like a couple of android phones I've seen from HTC and Samsung."
Oh crap, they're confused the consumer, I might have seen it and bought it instead of an android.
Guess anyone who made an all black android phone first has to sue them now for stealing their design.

News Comments > End of Nations Beta Event
20. Re: End of Nations Beta Event Sep 11, 2012, 05:52 .Drifter

So . . . FTL just updated on Steam about an hour ago . . . Nod32 says the exe is infected with Crypt.win32 virus. Wow, hope it's just a false positive.  

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month
14. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 10, 2012, 05:17 .Drifter

Hyatus wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 23:39:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 19:26:
wish them luck, but I do not think they are going to have much success with this game. City of Heros just got canceled. Not a lot of market for a hero game.

It should have been cancelled forever ago. It's just the predecessor to Champions and I'm sure the latter has had more recent developer content from Cryptic than the former.

If this is really just a Marvel Ultimate Alliance-style MMO, I'm okay with that. MUA1/2, X-Men Legends 1/2 were really fun and sure, I'd prefer sequels to those games instead of an MMO, but this could be a fun romp for a little while.

Considering the fact that Cryptic pretty much sold CoH to NC Soft, who then took former Cryptic developers who left Cryptic and formed Paragon studios to develop content for CoH . . . yeah, Cryptic sure has put more development effort in to Champions . . .

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 9, 2012, 22:23 .Drifter

They've been patching the 360 and PC version semi regularly, though.  

13. Re: FTL? Sep 8, 2012, 12:56 .Drifter

Ant wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 10:55:
Tumbler wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 10:29:
.net_Drifter wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 03:04:
Tumbler wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 21:59:
Hmm, guess I'll boot this up. Good thing I updated...wait...600mb download needed.

Okay, back to FTL!

So far, I'm really liking FTL.
It has this retro, C64/Amiga feel to me, and the game will beat you down in a heartbeat.

I'm LOVING FTL. I really hope this is an amazing runaway success for the guy. It's so simple to play but there is so much to see and do. The achievements he picked to unlock other ships were perfect. I just unlocked the lvl 2 rock ship and holy cow that thing is fun. IT'S DOESN'T HAVE ANY WEAK SPOTS, IT'S A ROCK!!!

Uh, what's FTL?
You don't know what FTL is?
It's a rather awesome game, funded by a kickstarter. The guy(s) making it were even nice enough to include the 10.00 backers in early beta access before release.
Here's their site:
http://www.ftlgame.com/

9. Re: End of Nations Beta Event Sep 8, 2012, 03:04 .Drifter

Tumbler wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 21:59:
Hmm, guess I'll boot this up. Good thing I updated...wait...600mb download needed.

Okay, back to FTL!

So far, I'm really liking FTL.
It has this retro, C64/Amiga feel to me, and the game will beat you down in a heartbeat.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 15:35 .Drifter

I'm enjoying the game now more than beta.
I'd enjoy it a lot more though if it would quit friggin' lagging all the time . . .
Heck, about the only time it doesn't lag is when I'm in the Queue to join the main server, which is why, lately, I keep hitting "Return to end of Queue" since that's about the only way I can play.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
26. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 30, 2012, 05:07 .Drifter

They apparently screwed up the launcher for the 64-bit client. Won't run it, gives a "critical file failed to launch" error, but you can directly launch the client from the game folder.
Not even the beta has this issue, lol.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
52. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2012, 03:52 .Drifter

wtf_man wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 23:23:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 22:58:
KB/M is not some messiah of control schemes that excels in every application. In fact, a lot of times it sucks balls. The beauty of PC is its flexibility. Rational PC gamers use the best tool for the job, which for some things happens to be a gamepad. To insist otherwise makes you sound like a shill, yourself.

Yo, Einstein, look up the word shill.

The only reason KB/M sucks balls in any game is because the retarded developer either didn't know how to make a decent control scheme for it, or didn't bother (because it's a fucking port). That said... the KB/M is the native "control" for the PC. If one is not going to put the effort in making their application work with the native control of the platform in question... then they shouldn't bother at all. Suggesting we all go out and buy a non-native peripheral, just to play a game on a preferred platform, is asinine.

Supporting additional peripherals is a plus. Not supporting the native input devices to a given platform is inexcusable, if you are trying to sell something for that platform.

My Commodore 128 came with a port that a joystick could plug into. I played Last Ninja, Pirates, and a myriad of other games with the joystick.
My Amiga 500 came with a port a joystick could plug into. I played Sword of Sodan, Impossible Mission 2, Test Drive 2, and many other games with it.
My PC has a USB port, and there are several joysticks/gamepads/flight sticks/steering wheels that can attach to that USB port.
I'm not even going to try to list all the games I've played with a flight stick or gamepad on my PC.
Joysticks, gamepads, and control devices of a similar nature have been native to PC's for years, and given the choice between a gamepad and keyboard for a racing game, I'd go with the gamepad any day. Why? Throttle and steering is better on a gamepad, since it's not "all or nothing" like it is on a keyboard. I don't much care for steering wheels in racing games, oddly enough, since I can't control the car as well as with a gamepad.
And Mechwarrior 3 was a hell of a lot more fun with a flight stick than with a mouse and keyboard.

461 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo