Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 478 (Amateur)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash
13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 13:47 .Drifter

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 13:37:
"pricing for the upcoming Heart of Thorns expansion for Guild Wars 2, ArenaNet's MMORPG sequel."

Speak in riddles!!!

Is it an expansion or a sequel?

Whatever it is and how someone wants to split the hairs, it's their choice to charge what they want and yes ours to reply to it however we like. But if we no likey, don't buy it, plenty things else to play.

The way I read it was Heart of Thorns is the expansion for Guild Wars 2, with Guild Wars 2 being the sequel to their prior game Guild Wars.
No confusion here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 19, 2015, 01:38 .Drifter

Acleacius wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 22:55:
An easy way to handle it, he could start the game with obsolete upgrades. Lore could state he went with a neutral path. Fed up with both sides and went into isolation until the unthinkable happened............!
I straight up hate when developers pull shit like that. You spend a whole game powering up only to start the next right back at square one.
You died, went to hell, and lost your powers.
You went into the forest to meditate, and forgot all your abilities.
You destroy an army single handedly, and then get mugged in an alley and lose all your gear.
A creative developer could come up with a way to let you keep what you had and build upon it, rather than playing "let's pretend this happened rather than how you played the game."
And would he seem this powerful if godmode wasn't activated?

News Comments > Space Engineers Source Code; $100K Mod Support Fund
6. Re: Space Engineers Source Code; $100K Mod Support Fund May 16, 2015, 01:37 .Drifter

They've put in two scenarios, so far, supposedly will put in more. They're working on AI also, as well as directX 11 models, have a video up of the new gravity generator they did a while back in 11. I just take it for what it is, currently, a sandbox with no point other than to design stuff and make it work like you want it to.
Just curious, anyone actually play it or just making random comments?

News Comments > Space Rogue Early Access
6. Re: Space Rogue Early Access May 16, 2015, 01:34 .Drifter

Slashman wrote on May 15, 2015, 16:30:
Funny, I thought Space Rogue was this.

Lol, my first thought too. Owned it on the C64, put many fun hours into beating it.

News Comments > Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Pricing & Specs
11. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Pricing & Specs Mar 28, 2015, 15:11 .Drifter

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 12:59:
Hold on, let me try to understand this...

VG247's ace reporter (/sarcasm) writes the following:

The new scheme – while encouraging double-dipping, does seem to favour those who haven’t bought the DLC for Dark Souls 2.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (DirectX11): $49.99
DirectX11 Upgrade price for existing owners of Dark Souls II on Steam: $29.99
DirectX11 Upgrade price for existing owners of Dark Souls II and all DLC on Steam: $19.99

How do those prices favor those who have NOT already bought the DLC? Either he's a sloppy writer (made a typo, changed the angle but missed a reference to the old one, has more information he's not including, etc.), or he simply does not have a grasp of the subject despite its seemingly cut and dry nature.

But then, Blue, you agree with this contradictory synopsis in the process of copy-pasting the information? Asleep at the wheel again? :p

The only thing I can fathom is he's trying to comment on the fairness of the game's pricing on the whole, i.e. the Season Pass normally costs $25 but it only gets you a $10 discount for the DX11 upgrade compared to just owning the game. Except he doesn't mention anything like that in the article... I'm not a mind-reader Sherif!

Say two days ago I bought the season pass for 25.00 bucks, finally giving in to get the extra missions and such.
My brother doesn't.
Then they announce the upgrade, and let me know due to me having just bought the season pass, I only pay 19.99 for the upgrade.
Not bad, considering my brother would have to pay 29.99 for the upgrade.
However . . . had I just waited two more days to buy the season pass, and then seen the upgrade edition was coming out and waited on it, I'd only be out 29.99 as a whole, rather than 25.00 + 19.99 = 44.99 instead.
That, I'm guessing, is what he means by favoring those who have not bought the DLC because for just 4.99 more than the cost of the season pass, you get a full game with upgraded graphics and all the DLC, and since all I wanted at that point was the DLC, I'd be willing to drop 4.99 more and just go with the upgraded version instead.
At least that's my take on it.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Mar 25, 2015, 01:04 .Drifter

Cutter wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 21:50:
Never understood the Tie Fighter. It's such a bad design.

Star Wars Yun-Harla Starfighter

Now that's a sensible, yet badass, starfighter.

Why does a starfighter need wings?

News Comments > Morning Patches
19. Re: Morning Patches Mar 5, 2015, 17:34 .Drifter

Darks wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 13:48:
Quboid wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:49:
20-25GB for a patch? If you have a strict bandwidth cap, I'm guessing your language selection will be salty.

The patch is actually only a little over 5 GB in size, once expanded its takes up around 20 to 25 GB.

English language version, I checked like two days ago for a patch and it showed up to date.
So far, I've downloaded 24GB+ in patches, first was like 12GB, then one for a couple hundred, one for about 5GB, another for about 3 or 4GB, another small one of a couple hundred, about a 2GB one, now one that's about 3.5GB or so . . .

News Comments > 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed
18. Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed Feb 8, 2015, 21:59 .Drifter

Funny thing is, most people buying this are likely getting it digitally. Had they not announced a patch, it would have been seen as the final files downloading for preloads, lol.  

News Comments > Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans
10. Re: Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans Jan 27, 2015, 23:41 .Drifter

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 20:35:
New Freedom Force? Fuck yeah! Vampires? No. No fucking zombies. No fucking werewolves. No goddamned vampires. Enough with that bullshit already. If you're going sci-fi do something either Shadowrunish and/or Bladerunnerish.

Personally, I'd like to play as a cyborg/vampire/werewolf/zombie hybrid in a futuristic steam punk RPG. Where I get to be a space pirate, and have a crew as well as a fleet of space steamships, that I take into RTS battles in the ether of space. All with a Japanese art style.

News Comments > Valiance Online Greenlit
3. Re: Valiance Online Greenlit Jan 22, 2015, 01:14 .Drifter

Homage ...
Well, powers and and attack animations look to be lifted directly from CoH/CoV, as do the environmental designs. Actual player movement and environmental objects though . . .

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Announced
13. Re: Medieval Engineers Announced Jan 13, 2015, 18:56 .Drifter

Not defending Keen, haven't played Miner Wars, but I've owned Space Engineers for going on a year and they're still supporting it. Can't remember a Thursday they haven't put out a patch either adding features, many of which were community requested, or fixing bugs. Granted, they break a few things sometimes with the patch, or follow up quick patch they usually put out on Friday's, and there have been a few times I had to wait until the next Thursday patch to play again, but all in all I've had less issues with SE than many "finished" games I've owned.
That being said, I don't really know that working on Midieval Engineers will take much away from the SE team, as they're supposedly working on an Xbox version alongside the PC, and it hasn't seemed to slow them down from what I can tell, but we'll see. If nothing else, the trailer did catch my interest, and will probably have the SE faithful screaming for planets to land on now.

News Comments > The Banner Saga 2 Announced
3. Re: The Banner Saga 2 Announced Dec 9, 2014, 00:59 .Drifter

Stioc?  

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
47. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 21, 2014, 23:28 .Drifter

nin wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 08:40:
.Drifter wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 01:59:
Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 02:59:
.Drifter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 02:13:
Endo wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 22:50:
Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad.

Yes it does.

Nah.
Besides, if it did mean it, then alcohol is bad, any meat that isn't well done is bad, any car faster than mine is bad, and anyone who doesn't agree with me is bad.

Now you're getting to the heart of the naysayer...

Lol!

44. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 21, 2014, 01:59 .Drifter

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 02:59:
.Drifter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 02:13:

Yes it does.

Nah.
Besides, if it did mean it, then alcohol is bad, any meat that isn't well done is bad, any car faster than mine is bad, and anyone who doesn't agree with me is bad.

27. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 20, 2014, 02:13 .Drifter

News Comments > Space Rogue Announced
9. Re: Space Rogue Announced Oct 8, 2014, 01:38 .Drifter

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 21:25:
Slashman wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 20:29:
Isn't Space Rogue a game by Paul Neurath and Origin back before Wing Commander?

Remember playing it on my C64.

MobyGames says that you are correct. Also, I had forgotten about that game and, looking at it, you can really see how much it influenced Privateer.

I still own that game, and a C128 with quickload cartridge . . . don't know any of it works anymore, been packed up for years.

News Comments > SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response
9. Re: SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response Sep 4, 2014, 02:04 .Drifter

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 00:23:
I hate to be this guy, but what made Alien a success had more to do with Dan O'Bannon writing a terrific script, and H.R. Geiger bringing the aliens to life.

Once Cameron was on his own it quickly just became action movie fodder, and the "haunted house" creepiness was gone.

Cameron on his own? I didn't know he had anything to do with Alien or any of the sequels past Aliens, but I could be wrong.

As for Alien/Aliens, I liked them both equally, for different reasons. Alien scared the crap out of me, while the action of Aliens had me on the edge of my seat.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2014, 19:39 .Drifter

Just ordered a few things for my car myself, via the link. Hope it works like it's supposed to.  

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced
12. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced Aug 14, 2014, 01:55 .Drifter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:59:
Grokk wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 19:48:
I can't seem to get enough zombies to be honest. Though I do still look for the better quality games to play.
I think (hope) Overkill might be able to bring something special.
Well, looks great so far from this trailer. Oh, wait...

When it comes to movies though, I'll watch them all. There are some really really bad movies out there.
Some really great ones too, like Shaun of the Dead. Wondering what you thought about Warm Bodies?

Can't speak for anyone else, but I thought Warm Bodies was all right. Book was better, though. First off, the dude in a hoodie wasn't a dude in a hoodie, and second, totally different ending, which kind of changed what the story was getting at a bit too.

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
11. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 18:41 .Drifter

Never quite got the obsession with this show some people have.
Sure, it was pretty good, and I enjoyed the movie, but man, some of the fans are worse than Star Wars or Star Trek fans. Or even Lord of the Rings fans, for that matter.
Firefly was not the second coming of Sci Fi.

478 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo