Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname .Drifter
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 20, 2001, 09:41
Total Comments 459 (Amateur)
User ID 8752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
11. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 18:41 .Drifter

Never quite got the obsession with this show some people have.
Sure, it was pretty good, and I enjoyed the movie, but man, some of the fans are worse than Star Wars or Star Trek fans. Or even Lord of the Rings fans, for that matter.
Firefly was not the second coming of Sci Fi.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
47. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 29, 2014, 18:06 .Drifter

There's one thing I've been wondering about the whole time, based on this comment:

To clarify, one of our PC retail distributors informed us that some of their allotted Steam keys were stolen. We believe these keys were then resold to multiple companies, with no payments going to either Valve or the retail distributor.

I'd like a little clarification on that one. Were the same keys sold to multiple other companies? Or were they broken into groups, and each group sold to a different company? I would think that if someone stole the keys, and sold them to multiple companies, they would sell them ALL to each company since that would net them the greatest monetary gain. The only thing is, if this had happened, and each steam key can only be used once, wouldn't there have been posts from people stating they got a key that was already redeemed? I don't remember seeing any, although I could have missed them.
Seeing as I have seen no post of that kind, I would assume the thieves went the second route: stole the keys, bundled them into groups, and then sold the groups to different companies. This would net them less money, which seems odd for a thief to do unless they were trying to keep from getting caught for as long as possible.
In either case, it's unfortunate it happened.

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
12. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 18, 2014, 21:09 .Drifter

I mentioned Fez once, and someone bought it.
He owes me a sales commission!
And everyone who mentioned his game on youtube!
Class action lawsuit, incoming, baby!

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
43. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 3, 2014, 18:12 .Drifter

Harrowing wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 06:41:
.Drifter wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 03:51:
Launch has been one of the rougher ones I've seen.
DDoS attach at launch?
Check!
Issues logging in for hours after headstart began (Due to DDoS and other reasons)?
Check!
Issues claiming items for playing the beta/preordering (at least at first)?
Check!
Characters showing in their underwear on the login screen after you swap out the first set of armor?
Check!
Servers down for hours tonight after maintenance because "something is going on"?
Check!
All in all, the game interests me, but getting a little annoyed.

I presume this is your first mmo launch?
They actually handled everything very efficiently.
Constant updates and information on what's going on.
They opened 7 new servers within 12 hours of launching... they clearly underestimated how popular their game was... which is a good sign.

Look at AoC launch or ESO or SWTOR... Wildstar's has been epic compared to those clusterfucks.

Well, you presume wrong. Been playing MMO's for going on 15+ years.
If I might inquire, what, pray tell, in my comment would lead you to presume this was my first MMO?
It is but a statement of my own opinion based on personal experience with other MMO's. Never stated others had better or worse launches, in fact I didn't compare it to any other MMO launch at all.
That being said, I usually don't get only to play until 11pm central or after most nights, due to work, so possibly that's why I don't seem to have had as many launch issues with games as most seem to, and given the time I have to play, Wildstar has been one of the rougher launches. Roughest? Not by far, just rougher.

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
39. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 3, 2014, 03:51 .Drifter

Launch has been one of the rougher ones I've seen.
DDoS attach at launch?
Check!
Issues logging in for hours after headstart began (Due to DDoS and other reasons)?
Check!
Issues claiming items for playing the beta/preordering (at least at first)?
Check!
Characters showing in their underwear on the login screen after you swap out the first set of armor?
Check!
Servers down for hours tonight after maintenance because "something is going on"?
Check!
All in all, the game interests me, but getting a little annoyed.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization May 25, 2014, 02:19 .Drifter

HorrorScope wrote on May 24, 2014, 11:47:
Fantaz wrote on May 23, 2014, 22:24:
nice, i want a cell phone watch!

I'll bite once the watch comes with a 100' Robot I can call.

BIG O!!!!

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
18. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 04:09 .Drifter

I'd read somewhere that when Carmack had got his Rift, it was being used to adapt iD games, ie. Doom 3, to it, with Oculus being consulted in the process, and Carmack contributing no code to them.
If that is the case, couldn't Nvidia and AMD claim intellectual property ownership for any and all games bearing the "runs best with Nvidia/AMD" stamp on them? I mean, they consulted with the game manufacturer to get the game to run "best" with their cards and drivers after all, which is supposedly like what Carmack was doing with Rift, at least by my understanding of what I had read.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Kaiju-a-Gogo May 14, 2014, 03:20 .Drifter

El Pit wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:51:
Does anyobdy remember Mail Order Monsters? Yeah, I'm really THAT old!

Played it on my C128 back in the day, still have it stored somewhere . . . along with the C128.
I've wanted an updated version of that for YEARS.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition Preorders
5. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition Preorders May 10, 2014, 01:18 .Drifter

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#17 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#2 in Software > Games > PC Games
#3 in Video Games > PC Games > Games

Apparently someone wants it.

News Comments > Space Engineers Sells 500K
7. Re: Space Engineers Sells 500K May 7, 2014, 01:21 .Drifter

I've been rather enjoying it. So far, there's not much there in terms of game, other than survival mode, so it's pretty much pure sandbox. There's multiplayer, but it's rather buggy at times.
What got me to buy it were the youtube videos of stuff people were creating, some of which are insane. Throw in the fact that the devs take suggestions into real consideration, that's how tires, solar panels, and several other improvements made it into the game so far, it's kinda nice.
If you're looking for a feature complete game, avoid it for now, but if nothing else look up some of the "lets play" videos as well as some of the ones on what has been built ingame so far.

News Comments > Bound by Flame Launch Trailer
14. Re: Bound by Flame Launch Trailer May 6, 2014, 02:57 .Drifter

Greenmangaming and Gamefly both have it at the seemingly standard 15% off, plus they both have 20% off coupons that seem to stack on that price too, so it's a hair under 28 with discounts.  

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
18. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 20:27 .Drifter

If anything, I'd think Apple users would feel more wronged than PC users, seeing as how I seem to remember it being an Apple game first.
As for Bungie releasing shitty Halo ports, well Gearbox did the port for part 1. Not sure who did part 2 though.
In either case, for a company that's so easily dismissed by so much of the PC community, the cat claws sure come out when their name comes up.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2014, 00:27 .Drifter

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 17:44:
Slashman wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:51:
Sanctum was a 70 on metacritic with a user score of 6.7. Sanctum 2 is a 77 with a user score of 7.6. Who the hell needs facts these days?

My apologies I was looking at the xbox version of S2. Still doesn't matter, Sanctum was a shitty tower defense clone cashing in on the dumb tasteless masses. (aka if you liked it, you are one of the dumb masses).

It's part of why metacritic scores are all over the place, the masses are asses.

Not sure I know of many other, if any, FPS tower defense games, so I don't necessarily know I'd call Sanctum a "clone" exactly.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2014, 22:01 .Drifter

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 16:26:
#1 Goat Simulator?! The masses jump on this horrible, buggy, POS game and we wonder why companies shit in a box and call it the bestest thing evar! ... well shit sells if you market it right.

They marketed Goat Simulator? First time I saw anything about it was the video on the Steam "coming soon" page, and even there they basically told you to buy something else.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
37. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 31, 2014, 00:23 .Drifter

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 22:34:
.net_Drifter wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 22:08:
RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 16:37:
Yes but they already had a over-successful Kickstarter. They are simply milking it with Early Access now.

Had they instead called it done, and released as is, then put out day one, two, three, four, etc patches, would that have been better?
I mean, it then would have been "finished" and patched as ongoing support as opposed to "early access" with regular updates until release.

No. I'd like to see them release the game when it's truly finished using the $625K from Kickstarter, and leave Early Access to the ones who really need it.

I think everyone is clear on my view if interested. Enjoy your discussion.

My take on it, and I might be wrong, is that most people buying it as early access would likely buy it at release anyway. At least that's how I am, as are most of my friends who go for early access.
That being the case, all early access becomes as I look at it is a means for a company to get the money sooner as opposed to later, and in the end since they're getting the money either way, the early or later becomes less relevant.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
33. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 30, 2014, 22:08 .Drifter

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 16:37:
Yes but they already had a over-successful Kickstarter. They are simply milking it with Early Access now.

Had they instead called it done, and released as is, then put out day one, two, three, four, etc patches, would that have been better?
I mean, it then would have been "finished" and patched as ongoing support as opposed to "early access" with regular updates until release.

News Comments > Sacred 3 in August
6. Re: Sacred 3 in August Mar 20, 2014, 02:24 .Drifter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 23:51:
MysterD wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 23:31:

Sacred 2: Gold got its Securom DRM removed in the version on Gamersgate - it's now DRM-FREE there:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-S2GE/sacred-2-gold-edition

Also, Steam-version of S2: Gold only uses Steam, nowadays:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/846941710563752357/

Hrm, interesting. Still, not going to buy it for 20 bucks, it's on my Steam sale list now.

I think I got it for 10 on one of their sales.

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
40. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 14, 2014, 01:38 .Drifter

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 07:50:
.net_Drifter wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 05:30:
Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 19:28:
If it's not available on all platforms it should be a contender to begin with. How is everyone else to judge otherwise?

So, technically, you ARE agreeing with the awards choices, right?
I mean you did say that "if it's not available on all platforms it SHOULD be a contender to begin with" . . .
Unless you left something out . . .
Does that make any sense to you? I thought it was obvious, he meant to say shouldn't not should.

Oh, I knew what he meant, it just tickled my funny bone that one thing was said, yet another argued. That's the reason for the "left something out" which I thought would point out the joke. Guess not.
Funny how an apostrophe and two letters can change a meaning entirely, lol.

That being said, no movie should ever be eligible for Picture of the Year unless it's released on Betamax.

News Comments > BAFTA Winners
30. Re: BAFTA Winners Mar 13, 2014, 05:30 .Drifter

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 19:28:
If it's not available on all platforms it should be a contender to begin with. How is everyone else to judge otherwise?

So, technically, you ARE agreeing with the awards choices, right?
I mean you did say that "if it's not available on all platforms it SHOULD be a contender to begin with" . . .
Unless you left something out . . .

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 6, 2014, 01:52 .Drifter

Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 22:48:
Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 22:41:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 20:28:
Yeah, she is the creative force behind one of the greatest console franchises ever. I'd be surprised if there wasn't follow up.

I'm really curious as to why she was forced out. I'm sure she won't stay unemployed for long. Good luck to her.

A single game on a single platform that most people don't know about or will ever experience? It may be great but she's still an unknown to most people.

A single game?

Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3. 3 games all considered among the best of an entire console generation. 3 games that sold millions of copies apiece. 3 games that helped drive PS3 sales and were the most successful PS3 pack-in in North America.

She may be unknown to most people, but does that matter? The main creative force behind one of the biggest franchises of recent gaming history has parted ways with that franchise. That's news.

She also worked on two of my favorite series:
Jak and Daxter and Legacy of Kain.

Hardly a "single game on a single platform."

459 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo