Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Meadows

Real Name Joe Meadows   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gojo
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Avid Tribes player.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 16, 2001, 23:41
Total Comments 128 (Novice)
User ID 8715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Brave Dwarves: Creeping Shadows
12. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2005, 12:41 Gojo

Heh, - "The Untossable"
Too funny!

=-Gojo-=
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: keyboard car Jun 26, 2005, 12:20 Gojo

That is about the dumbest thing i've ever seen..

Actually I thought it was kinda cool; well, except the mirror, of course.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > WoW Expansion Plans
40. Re: WoW Expansion Plans Jun 23, 2005, 19:47 Gojo

So again, hes lying, and im failing to believe your RL friends too. sorry.
Heh. Yeah I should believe you and not my RL friends...
After reading further posts turns out he wasn't lying after all. Tsk tsk.

And don't confuse 'challenging' with forced grouping. You can have good challenging gamplay without being forced to group most(all) the time.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > WoW Expansion Plans
32. Re: WoW Expansion Plans Jun 23, 2005, 10:09 Gojo

Played at launch, got to 22, quit when I needed a guild to complete a quest to just go to the next zone. Shutty.

Your lying. flat out.
I don't think he is, I've heard the same thing from 4 RL friends who are true fanboys of the series. One is a HUGE EQ2 fan who had his character designed months prior to the game coming out. I believe what they tell me, and they say you can't solo (or at least couldn't) that quest to go to the next zone.

That's why I've never tried the game, I've heard too many people say it's not solo friendly, which is a requirement for me.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 10:12.

=-Gojo-=

12. Re: IotD Dec 24, 2004, 14:33 Gojo

Right you are WarPig,
But this one has GOT to be my favorite:
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/392/

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - World of Warcraft
27. Re: EQ2 Nov 23, 2004, 19:43 Gojo

Well, as was said, EQ2 has the best and biggest gfx settings ever seen in a game. You can configure absolutely everything. Everyone can get it to run smothly.

To each their own. I've seen EQ2 and wasn't very impressed. The engine has the ability for the awesome graphics but sony lacks the talent of the Blizzard team. The game just doesn't look quiet 'right' for some reason to me. Yeah, WOW's engine is behind tech speaking but look at what they were able to do with it. You really feel part of the world with it instead of paper cutouts.
Just my opinion.

=-Gojo-=

165. Re: Gmail Nov 20, 2004, 10:22 Gojo

I've got cha covered Armengar.

Just sent the invite, enjoy!

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > EverQuest II to Ship, Beta to End
19. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 00:11 Gojo

Well Arcoril, if you prefer a game that forces grouping to gain any experience and discourages Noobs & casual play you can always play EQ2.
I for one LOVE the way they made WOW easy to play. It's the casual players MMORPG, but appeals to the hard core players as well to some extent.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Gold - World of Warcraft
10. Re: DING! Nov 4, 2004, 21:06 Gojo

I have a sneaky suspicion that they are going to convert the closed beta server into a sort of 'test' server. There is a lot of speculation that the open beta characters will roll into retail.
I've seen a bunch of talk on both sides.. We'll see. I like your suspicion of the test server thing. That would be kinda cool and nobody would start the retail PvP with an advantage.

This would be ok IMO, I started a NE druid on Central 5 today and the noob area was packed already. I can't imagine what it will be like at launch.
Yeah I ran into that during the first stress test. I've heard rumors of instanced zones ala City of Heroes, that would be great but I doubt WOW can do it since they don't really have zones.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > Gold - World of Warcraft
6. Re: DING! Nov 4, 2004, 20:02 Gojo

It wasn't fun during stress test and I played it pretty much every day for 8 hrs+ with friends
Um... Then why the heck did you spend well over 40 hours playing a 'unfun' game?
DOH!

I for one can't wait till I get my hands on the retail of this. I sure hope they wipe the beta char's though as I plan on playing PVP. (they actually haven't made a decision on this yet)

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 20:07.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > WoW Release Date?
3. Re: woohoo Oct 25, 2004, 08:55 Gojo

I can't wait. Been playing for about 6 weeks now and REALLY like this game. I gave away my EQ2 Beta, Liked WOw better.
Am I the only one who thinks WOW's graphics look better than EQ2? I know EQ2 has better tech, but WOW just puts it all together better.

No, this is NOT a EQ2 bash, just an observation.

=-Gojo-=

77. Re: Search180 - Malware Oct 18, 2004, 17:56 Gojo

Sorry to Hijack the thread again (last time I promise.)
Thanks for the advise Sugarman (post #22), but I tried that. Ad Aware DID remove VX2, but it came right back on reboot. The only thing that got it for good was HijackThis.

=-Gojo-=

16. Re: Search180 - Malware Oct 18, 2004, 09:00 Gojo

Sorry didn't know we were only allowed one topic

I was simply trying to pass on some helpful (at least to me) info to the wonderful folks here at Blues. It took me 3 days to get this stinking thing cleaned off and I thought I would pass the knowledge.

No advertising here, just help as this thing seems to be spreading.

=-Gojo-=
edit AHH typo's
This comment was edited on Oct 18, 09:04.

=-Gojo-=

14. Search180 - Malware Oct 18, 2004, 08:45 Gojo

Whew! Had a NASTY bit o spyware that Adaware (or spybot) couldn't get rid of. It was called Search180 and took over my IE browser (yes I still use IE ;P). At every reboot it was still there along with something called VX2.

Anyway I found a very helpful site for Malware help:

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/lofiversion/index.php/f18.html

They use a great tool called HiJackThis, fixed me right up after 3 days of struggling.
If anyone has any trouble with spyware or Malware I highly recommend this site.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 08:46.

=-Gojo-=

13. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2004, 16:38 Gojo

Oh Lord, what hath my state done to offend thee so? It was the election thing, wasn't it? We're so sorry! Please forgive us! Have mercy! Two weeks without power was enough, we repent!
Heh Sixis, times like this you have to laugh. I just finished boarding up my big windows after almost loosing them during Frances. Geeze, you lost power for 2 weeks? Where the heck do you live? Iíve been in Lakeland for 20 years and have never been hit until this year, and now 3 times in 6 weeks.
Enough already!

Youíd might think God is trying to tell us something:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/hurricane.asp

=-Gojo-=

67. Re: Ray Marden Sep 22, 2004, 23:38 Gojo

You might want to be careful. My friend gave me his 'extra' invite. After creating my account he can no longer use his primary :O
However he hasn't played his for a few weeks so that 'might' have something to do with it.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Nears
81. Re: Sep 18, 2004, 22:03 Gojo

My 2cents (probably isn't worth that
The tribes series has been my favorite games EVER, period. I played in ladders for both games and played T2 so much that it cost me a keyboard when an angry wife tossed it outside during a rainstorm.
I've tried so very hard to like TV, but just can't get into it. I have to agree with the many people here who say it feels kinda like UT with Jetpacks. I've actually been hearing this from the beta players on the boards for months but hoped they were wrong.
This just doesn't 'feel' like a tribes game to me.
Yeah, T2 was different than T1, but it still had that unique Tribes feel (and I really enjoyed it especially Siege)

Also, I usually play in heavy/jug armor and just donít like it in TV. I donít see many using it due to itís ineffectiveness. And sometimes it just seems like they die too easily. I often find myself wondering ďwha.. How am I dead already? What hit me?Ē That never happened in the other 2 games, I always had a good feel for the damage I was taking. Not here, sometimes I can wreck havoc on a base while other times Iím dead before I know it. What gives? There doesnít seem to be any real benefit to base rape either (that was my specialty.) Why bother when 1 person with a repair pack can have the entire base up in before you can even respawn?

I'm glad that many people are enjoying this game, including many Tribes vets, but there are many of us that are disappointed. Myself included unfortunately. Darn darn darn! I REALLY wanted to love this game.

=-Gojo-=

4. Rock me like a hurricane. Sep 5, 2004, 14:07 Gojo

Right now enjoying the worst winds of Frances here in Lakeland (central) Florida, and still have my Cable modem?
Wohoo for Bright House!

I have my Dwarf Mage up to lvl 10 in WoW with 90mph winds outside, heh.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > TRIBES: Vengeance - Release & Demo Soon
41. Re: UT w/ Jetpacks? Aug 29, 2004, 09:19 Gojo

You know it Sometimes amazes me how absolutely MORONIC some.. no *most* people are these days. Seriously Some of you people are just freaking DUMB.

First of all.. UT2004 is a TRIBES RIP OFF. Thats why TV seems *so much like UT2004 with Jet Packs*.. Its not the other way around. Its freaking scarry how many people in this thread cant grasp such a SIMPLE point.
You guys should be taken into the street and beaten.

Dude, you're just clueless.
Seriously. No sense even trying to explain it to you, you need to take a Zoloft.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 09:21.

=-Gojo-=

News Comments > TRIBES: Vengeance - Release & Demo Soon
11. UT w/ Jetpacks? Aug 28, 2004, 13:26 Gojo

I have to agree with those who are saying this is kinda like UT2K4 with Jetpacks. Tribes 1 & 2 are by FAR my favorite all time games but for some reason (that I canít quite put my finger on) this one doesnít quite have the same feel. It is faster than T2 for sure (good) but itís more arcadey and lacks in the netcode area (but their working on that.) The packs and deployables arenít as useful by far either (but itís kinda early for that assumption I admit.)
Iím by no means ready to give up but my initial impression lacks the WOW factor I was hoping for.
Geeze I even enjoyed my 1st day of T2 more, it was actually stable for me.

=-Gojo-=

128 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo