Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1407 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > MDK 2 HD Next Month
19. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 12, 2011, 20:31 sauron

Parias wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 17:07:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:15:
PL wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:04:
Interplay...haven't heard from them in a decade or so. Maybe a Free Space HD remake is next...
Already done:
http://scp.indiegames.us/

And still being updated to this day - very much worth playing.

Now, Freespace 3, on the other hand....

Was looking for some representative screenies of the current builds but had a hard time finding the real deal. Any help? Still have copies of FS1 and 2 lying around in my 'hall of fame' PC CD collection.

Thanks ^^

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MDK 2 HD Next Month
6. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 12, 2011, 15:42 sauron

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 15:30:
Prez wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 15:25:

And what is a Beamdog Portal?

Yet Another Download Service That Nobody Asked For?

edit: New phrase: Shove it up your Beamdog.

Bah, another piece of corporate beamdoggery!

That having been said, I'm intrigued by MDK2 in HD. Yum.

Kittens!

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed
8. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed Aug 12, 2011, 10:54 sauron

Esoteric wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 03:46:
I have no idea what Ubisoft is trying to do. It's like they're actively trying to sabotage their PC division. They have draconian DRM, they delay PC releases (to their console counterparts), they refuse to give demos (even though they have them on console). I just...sincerely don't understand, both from a business standpoint or a gaming standpoint.

Simple explanation is simple. It's because they're retarded.

Kittens!

News Comments > Uncut Red Orchestra 2 for Australia
8. Re: Uncut Red Orchestra 2 for Australia Aug 11, 2011, 23:15 sauron

So the big red organ will be bigger, longer and uncut down under?

And nobody already posted this gag? The Marx brothers must be spinning in their collective sepulchre. :p

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2011, 13:17 sauron

Bluesnews wrote:
Lying is part of child's development, study confirms.

If lying correlates with developmental intelligence, my 6 year old daughter is on track to be a super genius.

Slightly undermined by her assumption that her parents believe any of the whoppers she comes up with.

Uh, and by the fact she still believes in Santa, the tooth fairy, and the easter bunny.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2011, 13:09 sauron

Cutter wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 11:16:
Let me fix that headline...Apple becomes the world's most overvalued and overrated company.

^This.

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2011, 15:43 sauron

Loki wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 11:55:
Beer brined chicken prior to grilling is my person favorite. I take a whole chicken cut into pieces. 2-3 bottles of beer depending on the size of you brine container. Generously salt all the chicken pieces lay in a Tupperware container. Poor 2-3 bottles of your favorite beer on the chicken covering all pieces completely. Brine for 2-3 hours, remove pat dry and rub with a rub of your choice. I prefer to use a rub with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, kosher salt, cumin, cocoa and sugar.

Cook over a nice even charcoal fire and enjoy!

That sounds delicious. My only problem is that using good beer for anything other than inebriating oneself seems like a crime.

I guess it's all in the interest of science though. Kinda.

Kittens!

29. Re: Rowan Atkinson Aug 9, 2011, 11:11 sauron

Lesaonar wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 02:21:
Anyone know if he is out of the hospital? Was a note here the other day he was sick or something?

Car accident, sadly. Haven't heard any updates since the original story broke.

Rowan Atkinson recovering after F1 McLaren crash

Apparently he was driving home after filming his latest movie, Johnny English, which is about an inept superspy. Latest update on him is:

"The official line from Rowan Atkinson’s agent, Mr Bennett-Jones, is that the actor is “shaken but not stirred” following the accident."

We approve.

Kittens!

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2011, 22:13 sauron

Ratty wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 14:28:
Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 13:50:
I somehow doubt that it was their fault.
Fair enough. But then they shouldn't keep calling all their turkey recipes "fool proof."

Ya, you got to be careful, the fools can be surprisingly resourceful.

I find turkey to be one of the harder things to get right, so last year I cooked a marinaded pork loin, roast potatoes, and leeks in a white wine sauce. And Sancerre (or <insert white burgundy here>). Yum.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ShakyCam Footage
29. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ShakyCam Footage Aug 8, 2011, 22:05 sauron

Ashley wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 17:07:
I'm playing Morrowind GOTY again while waiting for Skyrim. I forgot how weird it was compared to Oblivion. Hope they put some of that weird into Skyrim.

Same here. You know what they say, 'When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.' In that context, Morrowind is definitely pro, a unique experience, like PS:Torment. Currently replaying it, and loving every minute.*

*Except the cliff racers. They can kiss my ass.

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2011, 11:24 sauron

Thanks guys. Those do look pretty reasonable. Looks like it might run on my current rig. I'm planning an upgrade later in the fall anyhow.

I wonder if you can mod the music in the game to play 'Dark Entries' during a gun battle?

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2011, 10:46 sauron

I just checked out some of the gameplay for Deus Ex:Human Revolution on Youtube, looks good. Anyone know the specs on it?

Only downer in the footage I saw was the hero's clothing and gear. If fashion could speak, that outfit would be saying 'I am a Federal Agent. Also, I like Bauhaus'.

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
46. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 10:14 sauron

Bumpy wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 10:01:
Verno wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 09:45:
They say not to judge a book by its cover but when your cover has the title "Divine Cybermancy" I just move on.

Really? REALLY?! Wow. I am honestly shocked and disappointed at how EYE is received by the Blue PC crowd. I feel like I'm an outcast in an IGN forum or something.

http://www.gogaminggiant.com/review/pc/e-y-e-divine-cybermancy/
http://feedthegamer.info/2011-08-03/review-e-y-e-divine-cybermancy-pc/
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/eye/1185987p1.html
http://n4g.com/news/817897/e-y-e-divine-cybermancy-review-g3
http://games.on.net/article/13354/ber_Review_E.Y.E_Divine_Cybermancy
Bottom line.

I didn't even make it through HL2, or Far Cry - think I jumped the FPS shark wireframe some time ago.

I enjoy it more when I can interact with the gameworld - Portal or a good RPG. I think that's why I get so frustrated with id software - the tech is just great but they never use it for anything beyond run and gun.

Might get a copy of DX3 though - haven't seen nin enthuse over a game like this since, uh, ever.

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
42. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 10:00 sauron

I'll buy Skyrim when I get a machine that can run it well (end of the year).

I actually reinstalled Morrowind last night, and now I can see why I enjoyed it so much more than Oblivion. Morrowind is soaked in atmosphere, the setting is utterly unique, whereas Oblivion is a little more fantasy-regular, feels like I've seen a few aspects of it before.

I should probably pick up Fallout 3 at this point as well, somehow never gave that one a go.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition Details
14. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition Details Aug 5, 2011, 21:52 sauron

I bought the CE for Oblivion, I think it was $60 and came with a coin and a bonus DVD, plus some other stuff. It was fine, enjoyed it and felt it was decent value.

$149.99 for Skyrim CE? F*** that. No way.

Kittens!

News Comments > Tech 4 Source Release This Year
21. Re: Tech 4 Source Release This Year Aug 5, 2011, 17:30 sauron

Right. Chrono Trigger, Doom3 engine.

All you modders out there, get going, STAT! I expect a playable build by lunchtime tomorrow. ^^

Kittens!

News Comments > Activision Financials, Diablo III Beta This Quarter
32. Re: Activision Financials, Diablo III Beta This Quarter Aug 4, 2011, 11:16 sauron

nin wrote on Aug 4, 2011, 09:39:
Cataclysm was too much stick, and not enough carrot. So I'm not at all surprised people left.

Third of fourth expansions for an MMO are always difficult and seem to be the ones where the most mistakes get made.

Final Fantasy XI was the same - the first three expansions (Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urgan) were excellent. Chains of Promathia in particular was an absolutely huge and epic story. In contrast, the fourth expansion was thrown together while Square Enix were ramping up development on FFXIII and FFXIV. It didn't have the same level of resources or effort devoted to it, content was recycled and the story was underdeveloped, and so everybody left.

Kittens!

News Comments > EA: Origin Accounts "May be Cancelled for Non-use"
18. Re: EA: Origin Accounts Aug 3, 2011, 16:28 sauron

EA: Origin Accounts "May be Cancelled for Non-use"

In that case, my account will be cancelled before I even register. Not like I'd be seen dead on that site, \0/.

Kittens!

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Aug 3, 2011, 12:55 sauron

Disagree with the review of the Acer Iconia tablet. The review likes it, but I have one and absolutely love it. Very recommended. ^^  

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 3, 2011, 12:51 sauron

Instead of expanding iTunes, Apple should put more effort into making it not suck. Number one reason I switched to Android was because I just can't stand that application - it deleted everything off my iPod/Pad so many frickin times. That and the fact none of their peripherals have a USB port.

Stupid gatekeeper software all wrapped up with a marketing machine. No thanks.

Kittens!

1407 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo