Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1442 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2011, 12:34 sauron

Sounds like the guy in WKCII just never logged out. A lot of hardcore MMORPG players do that, they leave the character bazaaring or afk overnight, every night.

Some of the folks that play JP MMORPGs spend amazing amounts of time on them. I played FFXI on and off from 2004-2010, and know of some players with over 24000 hours logged in, which is around 1000 days, or 80 hours a week for 6 years straight. Just insane.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 6, 2011, 14:27 sauron

Thanks. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive - three weeks - bah.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 6, 2011, 11:18 sauron

Quick question. My work just ordered me a Dell Precision mobile workstation, i7-840QM Quad Core 1.86GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Quadro FX 2800M. It will be used for genomics database analysis, confocal stack assembly, and some 3D rendering of confocal microscopy data.

I barely play games these days but it seems that this might also be a suitable machine for Oblivion and Fallout 3, assuming I were to load one of them up while on the road. Anyone know how it might perform? I never finished either of them.

Thanks.

Kittens!

News Comments > Free-to-Play Lineage II Begins
4. Re: Free-to-Play Lineage II Begins Dec 1, 2011, 11:09 sauron

Yes, I like that site. Similar to Metacritic but focused on video games for all platforms.

The site itself is owned by GameSpot but indexes and averages review scores from sites all around the web and print media as well.

And in this case it's certainly correct - Lineage II is an oldfashioned grinder/ganker in and is best avoided.

Kittens!

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
8. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 10:47 sauron

I don't think my laptop will even run it (2 year old Dell studio 15, I7 processor). It does run Oblivion so I guess you never know.

If I had a console I'd be all over that version but the only thing we have is a DS, and texture quality on that might maybe be an issue.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2011, 10:45 sauron

Here's to the vets. ^^

(Btw, that Skyrim antics video made me LOL - so silly).

Kittens!

News Comments > Skyrim Reviews
39. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 10, 2011, 15:38 sauron

Joss wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 15:06:
Well damn! As someone who passed up the entire Oblivion franchise, I might just have to dive into this head-first. hmmmm.

I was looking in my change drawer the other night and found the Imperial Septim that came with my old Oblivion Collectors' Edition.

The coin has a dragon on the back - not the same one as is the theme for Skyrim, I presume? Anyone know? I was wondering if it was a clue released in Oblivion:CE that referred to their next game.

Kittens!

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
23. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 15:28 sauron

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:35:
And if you've been paying attention, you will have bought these off GOG for pennies in the past few months already anyway.

Or you still have your original boxed copies.

I still have my original copy of PS:T, and stumbled across another one on EBay recently. It's worth a lot more than I thought it was.

Kittens!

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
20. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 10:39 sauron

Jerykk wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 23:49:
If for some depraved reason you have yet to play PST, please do so now. And by now, I mean go to GOG.com and buy it there.

^ This. All of those games are good, but this one's the gem.

Kittens!

News Comments > Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG
7. Re: Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG Oct 6, 2011, 12:38 sauron

Graham wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 12:18:
Pathfinder's new products are selling more volume on newer books, while D&D 4th hasn't released new source material in some time (outside of Neverwinter and the Magic Emporium).

Saying that it's outselling D&D is disingenuous; it's like when the PS3 started to "outsell" the Xbox years ago - per month figures were high, but there was a lot of catching up to do. Crunchy RPG wonks love their Pathfinder (and I enjoy it too) but it's nowhere near as popular as D&D, despite the controversy over 4th.

Yes, you're right with the figures but it's certainly selling well and is very popular. Great IP with a ton of interesting content, all it needs is to be matched with a smart developer. I'd much rather see that than yet another Neverwinter game - been done to death. Hell, even Dark Sun or (even better) Planescape. But PF Inner Sea would be a really new departure.

I actually tend to play d100 RPGs, I think Pathfinder is the only d20 game I've seen in the last ten years that actually made me sit up.

Kittens!

News Comments > Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG
4. Re: Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG Oct 6, 2011, 11:47 sauron

Nevermind Neverwinter, I'm wanting to see a game based on the Pathfinder universe - notably the Inner Sea campaign setting.

Since the Pathfinder RPG is outselling 4th Edition D&D, it would only make sense to translate that successful product to a videogame setting.

Kittens!

News Comments > Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition... Game
4. Re: Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition... Game Sep 15, 2011, 15:59 sauron

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 10:49:

Biggles! Put her in the Comfy Chair!

'Right! If that's the way you want it -- Cardinal! Poke her with the soft cushions!'

Kittens!

News Comments > Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition... Game
2. Re: Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition... Game Sep 15, 2011, 10:47 sauron

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 10:27:
Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

Kittens!

News Comments > A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month
3. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 11:36 sauron

Those shots look pretty nice and the depth of gameplay sounds intriguing.

Anyone seen a hands-on preview or been in a beta test?

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 6, 2011, 17:15 sauron

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 11:14:
Halo had a "creative" director? That has to have been the laziest frakking job in the world.

Creston

He had to figure out how to jump a warthog over the shark, and make it look artistic.

Kittens!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delayed in Japan
17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delayed in Japan Sep 6, 2011, 15:33 sauron

oops - dp.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delayed in Japan
16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delayed in Japan Sep 6, 2011, 15:32 sauron

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 14:34:
And still wouldn't be news if someone didn't get their panties in a knot over it.

Supposedly these are also for sale in vending machines over there.

dubfanatic wrote on Sep 6, 2011:
They can just replace them with tentacles, then it will be all good.

^And this quote is just pure win. Well played.

Kittens!

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Vehicle Preview
9. Re: Battlefield 3 Vehicle Preview Sep 2, 2011, 11:17 sauron

McSterls wrote on Sep 2, 2011, 08:46:
This game looks great! I'm waiting for the Crysis like moment when we find out it won't run on most PC's.

^This.

Kittens!

News Comments > DICE on Releasing BF3 Mod Tools: "We Are Considering It"
28. Re: DICE on Releasing BF3 Mod Tools: Sep 1, 2011, 20:25 sauron

Wait what? Admittedly I only played BF1942, but Desert Combat? That mod was basically bought by DICE, then converted into BF2, which sold truckloads.

Let's say they release BF3 toolset and Forgotten Hope mod or similar gets their hands on it and does their usual amazing job with it. DICE can then purchase that content and go back to gritty WW2 setting with full realism for BF4. Easy win, fantastic game. Not doing it doesn't make any sense.

Why would they NOT want all that input from creative community members, which they can subsequently harvest for free for their next title?

Kittens!

News Comments > Doom of Germany's DOOM Ban Explained
9. Re: Doom of Germany's DOOM Ban Explained Sep 1, 2011, 16:21 sauron

yuastnav wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 15:51:
sauron wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 15:33:
necrosis wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 14:43:
sauron wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 14:09:
Blue wrote on Sep 1, 2011:
Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien

Signmakers in Germany must make an absolute fortune.
If charged by the letter.

Oberammergaueralpenkräuterdelikatessenfrühstückskäse = deli cheese

Federkraftlichtbogenschweißen = arc welding

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz = food safety law

Truly epic. I love German.

Those are not the correct translations, though.

So sue me. I'm a wit, not a kraut.

Kittens!

1442 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo