Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1430 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
60. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 3, 2012, 22:51 sauron

I spent around $30 on the Steam sale in December, but for that I got Mass Effect 2, Fallout: New Vegas, DX:HR, and Torchlight. And I still have to play through Oblivion and Fallout 3. Uh, and Dragon Age. And I have a brand new mobile workstation to do it all on.

Now, if I could just break my habit of logging in to FFXI every free evening, I'd be all set. /facepalm

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2011, 14:25 sauron

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 14:08:
MisterBenn wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 13:59:
Quboid wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 11:31:
Football is better than soccer and I defy anyone to dispute this with a straight face. Clearly, football is a much better name for that game which involves your foot and a ball.

(Really shouldn't reply to an opinion post like this but you caught me at a weak moment!) Not trying to belittle American Football since I respect that it's huge and beloved... but wouldn't it have spread over the planet if it were "clearly" better than soccer?

No, because with soccer all you need is a ball and that's it. Football is expensive and it's more of a metaphor for the American - and to some extent, Canadian - way of life. Plus, with soccer so ingrained in most of the globe's conciousness it's why they don't go in for much else - wheras we go in for football, hockey, baseball, basketball. If soccer floats your boat then rock effin' on. For me and most Canucks and Yanks I know it's more boring than watching paint dry.

International soccer matches can be boring, but league matches and especially Champions League games are often really great. Honestly, do yourself a favor and check one out.

And hey, re. the short shorts thing - the Dallas Cowboys play in SILVER SPANDEX PANTYHOSE.

Kittens!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2011, 14:12 sauron

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 13:34:
Yeah, nothing can quite compare to the excitment of soccer. Rolleyes Watching a bunch of dudes in short shorts jogging around for 90 minutes and on occasion kicking a ball. And in spite of having a net big enough to encompass a 747 they still have a hard time scoring goals. Yeah, it's just so much better than the explosive, adrenaline pumping, war of attrition and pain that is football.

Have you ever watched a real soccer game in your life? I'm thinking maybe not.

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2011, 12:32 sauron

nin wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 11:11:
Big Cat FAILs.

Beautiful animals!

Heh, big cat fails and little cat fails are almost the same. If I bring a cardboard box into the house I can can guarantee my 2 year old tomcat will get himself stuck in it within 2 hours.

I had to pull him out of the Christmas tree AGAIN this morning. Foolish beast.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 15, 2011, 16:56 sauron

Wow, that Kotaku clip looks really good. I may have to get this, I have an Iconia Android pad and love it, and the only thing it's been missing is a truly iconic game...  

Kittens!

News Comments > LEGO Batman 2 Outed?
2. Re: LEGO Batman 2 Outed? Dec 13, 2011, 13:23 sauron

My kids love the LEGO Harry Potter games too. I have to take the DS (or whatever other platform) away from them, otherwise they'd just play them all the time.  

Kittens!

News Comments > GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free
6. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 12:47 sauron

I grabbed it. You don't have to download it right now, you can just add it to your account. Very quick. Then can grab it later once the traffic subsides.  

Kittens!

News Comments > On Skyrim DLC
20. Re: On Skyrim DLC Dec 11, 2011, 23:09 sauron

Personally, my main gripe with the game is that my horse looks weak and unprotected. So what I'd pay some good ol' Washingtons for, would be some equine protection, you dig?

Hmm, now what would we call that? Oh yeah, now I remember.

Man, I'm jonesing for some HORSE ARMOR! Coolest DLC ever.

Kittens!

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2011, 12:34 sauron

Sounds like the guy in WKCII just never logged out. A lot of hardcore MMORPG players do that, they leave the character bazaaring or afk overnight, every night.

Some of the folks that play JP MMORPGs spend amazing amounts of time on them. I played FFXI on and off from 2004-2010, and know of some players with over 24000 hours logged in, which is around 1000 days, or 80 hours a week for 6 years straight. Just insane.

Kittens!

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 6, 2011, 14:27 sauron

Thanks. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive - three weeks - bah.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 6, 2011, 11:18 sauron

Quick question. My work just ordered me a Dell Precision mobile workstation, i7-840QM Quad Core 1.86GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Quadro FX 2800M. It will be used for genomics database analysis, confocal stack assembly, and some 3D rendering of confocal microscopy data.

I barely play games these days but it seems that this might also be a suitable machine for Oblivion and Fallout 3, assuming I were to load one of them up while on the road. Anyone know how it might perform? I never finished either of them.

Thanks.

Kittens!

News Comments > Free-to-Play Lineage II Begins
4. Re: Free-to-Play Lineage II Begins Dec 1, 2011, 11:09 sauron

Yes, I like that site. Similar to Metacritic but focused on video games for all platforms.

The site itself is owned by GameSpot but indexes and averages review scores from sites all around the web and print media as well.

And in this case it's certainly correct - Lineage II is an oldfashioned grinder/ganker in and is best avoided.

Kittens!

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
8. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 10:47 sauron

I don't think my laptop will even run it (2 year old Dell studio 15, I7 processor). It does run Oblivion so I guess you never know.

If I had a console I'd be all over that version but the only thing we have is a DS, and texture quality on that might maybe be an issue.

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2011, 10:45 sauron

Here's to the vets. ^^

(Btw, that Skyrim antics video made me LOL - so silly).

Kittens!

News Comments > Skyrim Reviews
39. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 10, 2011, 15:38 sauron

Joss wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 15:06:
Well damn! As someone who passed up the entire Oblivion franchise, I might just have to dive into this head-first. hmmmm.

I was looking in my change drawer the other night and found the Imperial Septim that came with my old Oblivion Collectors' Edition.

The coin has a dragon on the back - not the same one as is the theme for Skyrim, I presume? Anyone know? I was wondering if it was a clue released in Oblivion:CE that referred to their next game.

Kittens!

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
23. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 15:28 sauron

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:35:
And if you've been paying attention, you will have bought these off GOG for pennies in the past few months already anyway.

Or you still have your original boxed copies.

I still have my original copy of PS:T, and stumbled across another one on EBay recently. It's worth a lot more than I thought it was.

Kittens!

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
20. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 10:39 sauron

Jerykk wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 23:49:
If for some depraved reason you have yet to play PST, please do so now. And by now, I mean go to GOG.com and buy it there.

^ This. All of those games are good, but this one's the gem.

Kittens!

News Comments > Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG
7. Re: Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG Oct 6, 2011, 12:38 sauron

Graham wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 12:18:
Pathfinder's new products are selling more volume on newer books, while D&D 4th hasn't released new source material in some time (outside of Neverwinter and the Magic Emporium).

Saying that it's outselling D&D is disingenuous; it's like when the PS3 started to "outsell" the Xbox years ago - per month figures were high, but there was a lot of catching up to do. Crunchy RPG wonks love their Pathfinder (and I enjoy it too) but it's nowhere near as popular as D&D, despite the controversy over 4th.

Yes, you're right with the figures but it's certainly selling well and is very popular. Great IP with a ton of interesting content, all it needs is to be matched with a smart developer. I'd much rather see that than yet another Neverwinter game - been done to death. Hell, even Dark Sun or (even better) Planescape. But PF Inner Sea would be a really new departure.

I actually tend to play d100 RPGs, I think Pathfinder is the only d20 game I've seen in the last ten years that actually made me sit up.

Kittens!

News Comments > Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG
4. Re: Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG Oct 6, 2011, 11:47 sauron

Nevermind Neverwinter, I'm wanting to see a game based on the Pathfinder universe - notably the Inner Sea campaign setting.

Since the Pathfinder RPG is outselling 4th Edition D&D, it would only make sense to translate that successful product to a videogame setting.

Kittens!

News Comments > Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition... Game
4. Re: Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition... Game Sep 15, 2011, 15:59 sauron

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 10:49:

Biggles! Put her in the Comfy Chair!

'Right! If that's the way you want it -- Cardinal! Poke her with the soft cushions!'

Kittens!

1430 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo