Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1430 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2012, 11:32 sauron

Hoop wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 11:21:
nin wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 11:06:
I want to make it clear that was a link of disgust, and not of approval!!!!!
I approve of your disgust!

Also, I approve of your approval of nin's disapproval of Darth 'Redfaced and Horny' Maul.

However, I approve of Cartoon Samuel Jackson. And the jedi babe in the short skirt.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2012, 11:28 sauron

Woody Allen won for best screenplay. He went through a boring patch around 10 years ago but lately he's been pretty good.

I liked Midnight in Paris - glad he got something for it.

Kittens!

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Expansion in June
1. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expansion in June Feb 27, 2012, 11:24 sauron

I can't even remember the last DDO expansion. I guess the game must be doing well for them to be doing this.

I saw that LOTRO also just expanded (Isengard) and is already planning another new one (Rohan).

Good for Turbine - fun and well-designed MMOs. Well deserved. My orcs love playing LOTRO in particular.

Kittens!

News Comments > STELLAR IMPACT This Spring
6. Re: STELLAR IMPACT This Spring Feb 24, 2012, 17:13 sauron

CAPITAL LETTERS WOOOOOO!!!  

Kittens!

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
70. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 17:00 sauron

Ruffiana wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 15:58:
Julio wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 15:39:
The truth is clearly they took content out of the game to sell it as DLC.

There's no deception going on here. Here's the game, in the box...no Prothean. $60. Take it or leave it.

Easy choice *pockets the 60 bucks*.

Hey, that's 60 smackers to spend on wine, loose women, and general shenanagins!

Or in my case, a pint of beer, the wife, and some food for the cat. ^^

Kittens!

38. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 13:07 sauron

The only way I'd buy day 1 DLC would be if it was Horse Armor. I mean, my Space Steed is totally unprotected out there! And he's clearly freezing his nads off!

Also, in space no-one can hear your horse armor clank. Win-win situation, really.

Kittens!

15. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 11:06 sauron

sauron wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 10:59:
Verno wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 10:27:
sauron wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 10:04:
I got Mass Effect 2 for like $8 in the Steam Holiday sale and haven't even installed it yet. Guess I'll go with that for now and get ME3 for $8 in the next Steam Holiday Sale, and ignore the DLC nonsense.

Hey EA, enjoy your $8 (minus Steam's distribution fee and royalties to the developer, so probably more like $2).

ME3 won't be on Steam, EA is using some excuse to move all of their titles to their own service instead of legitimately competing by improving Origin.

Thanks, I missed that. Guess I'll skip it completely then. Plenty of other stuff out there - The Witcher 2 springs immediately to mind.

Heh, just headed over to Origin - who the heck pays $80 for a video game? Good luck with that.

Kittens!

12. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 10:59 sauron

Verno wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 10:27:
sauron wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 10:04:
I got Mass Effect 2 for like $8 in the Steam Holiday sale and haven't even installed it yet. Guess I'll go with that for now and get ME3 for $8 in the next Steam Holiday Sale, and ignore the DLC nonsense.

Hey EA, enjoy your $8 (minus Steam's distribution fee and royalties to the developer, so probably more like $2).

ME3 won't be on Steam, EA is using some excuse to move all of their titles to their own service instead of legitimately competing by improving Origin.

Thanks, I missed that. Guess I'll skip it completely then. Plenty of other stuff out there - The Witcher 2 springs immediately to mind.

Kittens!

7. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 10:04 sauron

Kittens!

11. Re: Russian Drill Penetrates 14-Million-Year-Old Antarctic Lake Feb 7, 2012, 19:02 sauron

nin wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 17:09:
kanniballl wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 15:50:
In science news today, a Russian drill penetrated a 14 million year old Antarctic lake.

In global news, the science crew there has gone chaotic and started killing each other. Rumors of a shape-shifting... thing... are floating around. It is supposedly vulnerable to fire.

Your second line was the first thing I thought of after reading the first line. That and the XFiles episode which they admit was a take off of The Thing.

I think the prequel/remake is out on dvd now (or very soon), but sadly it didn't get very good reviews.

Similar, except that it made made me think of HP Lovecraft rather than the X Files. More specifically, Charles Stross's recent books centered around the Counter-Occult Branch of the UK Government. Bureaucracy, paperclips, and mind-bending horror.

It's called The Laundry. Well worth it if you're looking for a fun read.

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2012, 14:55 sauron

I saw that Kingdoms of Amalur just came out today - quite tempted. And Skyrim looks better than ever. But I still have Oblivion, Fallout 3, FO: New Vegas, Torchlight, and DX:HR to play, and haven't even started any of them.

Darn you, Real Life! *shakes fist*

Kittens!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2012, 21:09 sauron

Seconding Blue's post. Watching preseason and early season Giants games here in NYC, they were pretty bad. I mean, really quite awful at times. Somehow they managed to pull a team together out of that morass, and I don't think anybody knows quite how. Part of it was Eli, part of it was Coughlin, and part of it was those evil veteran muthas on the defensive line.

Honestly, going into the season I think most everyone here thought the Jets had a shot, not the G-Men. Boy were we wrong. But I'm glad it turned out the way it did. :-)

Kittens!

News Comments > Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award
16. Re: Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award Feb 3, 2012, 15:55 sauron

venomhed wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 15:10:
It's like giving the coach of the Chicago Bulls a lifetime achievement award when he had Michael Jordan on his team. Once MJ left, how well did the coach do? Not very well.

Uh, yeah, he just moved to LA and won 4 MORE TITLES WITH THE LAKERS.

I get your point, but that was not the best example.

Kittens!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2012, 19:17 sauron

The snowman art is great - thanks for posting it. Gonna show it to my kids - they absolutely love Calvin and Hobbes!  

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2012, 19:53 sauron

Enalapril is an ACE inhibitor, a vasodilator. It's used to protect against heart failure, and to treat mild heart failure.

It's used routinely in cases like Hudson's. Very much par for the course and nothing to be concerned about.

(Veterinarian by training although I gave it up to do research science - hope this is helpful but I am not completely up to date so ymmv :-) )

Kittens!

News Comments > Amazon 2011 Top Sellers
10. Re: Amazon 2011 Top Sellers Jan 16, 2012, 17:52 sauron

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 17:43:
Yeah, that's on Bethesda, as DX:HR and Civ V and Shogun 2 and MW3 (maybe Dead Island?) are all Steamworks, meaning Amazon just gives you a key. I'm not surprised to see DX:HR on top, they've had some really wicked discounts on that in the past few months.

Yeah, I got it in the Steam sale for a great price. Still got to start it up though. Blame my 7 year - and counting - MMO habit.

Kittens!

News Comments > Diablo III Dropping RMT in Korea?
20. Re: Diablo III Dropping RMT in Korea? Jan 15, 2012, 10:03 sauron

PHJF wrote on Jan 14, 2012, 16:14:
Surely not everyone there is fond of the direction the final produce appears to have taken.

Yes, but lettuce step back and take a look at the whole picture. World of Warcraft has given Blizzard celery status, and the new Diablo seems tomato be an extension of Blizzard's push into mainstream.

... carrot.

Well played and very stylish. Radishing prose indeed.

Kittens!

News Comments > Kinect for Windows Next Month
17. Re: Kinect for Windows Next Month Jan 10, 2012, 19:38 sauron

m0deth wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 15:36:
Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 15:22:
nin wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 10:22:
I love their excuse to justify the $250 price.

They're basically saying "Just buy an Xbox with Kinect!"

Creston

Or, just buy Kinect, and use the free software already developed by folks unwilling to wait for M$ to market/monetize the software for it.

Either way, it won't see above 5% adoption for PC gaming, and will most likely be a bigger threat to Wacom and other graphics input companies than anything/anyone else.

I fear though, that this is a strategy, to have it intentionally fail, so just before the Xbox 720 release they can yet again claim some easily refuttable bullshit about the PC as a platform.

After using the Win 8 dev preview for a week or so now...I can honestly say, nobody will give a shit about Kinect for a version of windows that will be more widely rejected than M$ Bob, ME, and Vista combined.

Or just buy a Wii, which has had motion detection from day 1. And Zelda.

These days, I spend my evenings playing Zelda with my kids. And bowling. On the Wii.

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Grows: Eyes Your Television
15. Re: Steam Grows: Eyes Your Television Jan 6, 2012, 12:38 sauron

ASeven wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 12:18:
40 million accounts?

But... but... PC gaming is dying...

Kudos to Valve. I remember all the bitching when Steam opened, people saying it didn't work or that the model would fail. Ten years later, it's making millions and millions of dollars.

What's more, Valve will be using some of the dollars they make from distributing other peoples' games, to finance their own game design, and then they distribute their own stuff as well.

Brilliant business strategy.

Kittens!

News Comments > RIFT Mobile App
2. Re: RIFT Mobile App Jan 5, 2012, 12:40 sauron

FFXI also has one of these - tracks auction house and shouts for events/looking for help in real time on every server. Also offers a bazaar section and shows player gear, updated as it changes, plus an extensive forum and even chat in game in real time. It's at www.ffxiah.com, although the ingame chat feature uses Guildworks.

The kicker? The whole thing is community designed and maintained. Square Enix didn't have anything to do with it.

Kittens!

1430 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo