Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1424 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Facts you might not know about game of thrones May 14, 2012, 20:37 sauron

Folks are probably all tied up with GW2 and D3, but has anyone here tried Avadon? Review is here:

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Avadon_The_Black_Fortress/index.html

Old-school deep RPG with lots of story, a bit like playing tabletop D&D. There's also an Android (and I guess iPad) app for it.

Very recommended - I'm really enjoying it a lot. Like playing Baldur's Gate while lying in bed.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Facts you might not know about game of thrones May 14, 2012, 14:35 sauron

nin wrote on May 14, 2012, 11:39:
British WWII fighter found in Egyptian desert.

That's a neat story...reminds me of this one from a few weeks ago.

Yes, amazing it survived that long, the desert sure is dry. And I was going to say it was an american-built plane (P-40 kittyhawk) but the article mentioned it already.

The earlier article about buried Spitfires is even more amazing - hope they dig them up soon!

Kittens!

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX Results
11. Re: SQUARE ENIX Results May 14, 2012, 14:25 sauron

SimplyMonk wrote on May 14, 2012, 12:03:
Creston wrote on May 14, 2012, 11:58:
...still want the crap that is FF14.

FFIV is their current flagship in the MMO sector...

Good to see Square-Enix doing well though. I've been a fan since the FFVI days. Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy Tactics and FFVI are to this day games I can always replay and enjoy. Hence recent iPhone purchases. <_<

In fact, FFXIV isn't really their flagship MMO right now, it's reverted to their older game, FFXI. Pretty much the entire FFXI community left to go to FFXIV when it came out, took one look at it and went straight back to XI (me included).

Not sure how much more they can wring out of FFXI though - it'll be 10 years old in the next month or so.

Props to Square-Enix for making a good job of DX. Good thing they did because it looks like it saved the company!

Kittens!

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2012, 21:03 sauron

Cutter wrote on May 11, 2012, 15:42:
Silicon Avatar wrote on May 11, 2012, 14:49:
The point is that when our most educated people aren't getting work it discourages people to get more education overall. That's not good. Filling up trade schools with overqualified people isn't going to help the economy or the country overall.

You want the smartest people out exercising their talents in your country, not spraying lawns and fitting pipes - or wandering off to other countries where they are paid for their knowledge.

You could replace the lady in the article with any number of PhDs in hard sciences who can't find jobs right now. I know one personally.

Well they should be spraying lawns and fitting pipes if that's where the money is. We live in an overpopulated world that's only getting worse. You've got a slew of Asian countries churning out MAs and PhDs like they're going out of style, so how do you compete with it? You don't because even for them there are limited roles for all those various degrees. Having a degree does not, nor should it, guarentee you a job in your field of choice. Like everything else in life, you need to earn it, and that means more than a degree.

Meanwhile where we actually need people - trades, agriculture, etc. - people aren't going. They'd rather sit around unemployed feeling entitled and angry at the system. I know plenty of tradesmen making 100K+ a year and they're not killing themselves doing it either. And lastly, people shouldn't be having kids unless they know they can support them. What I see these people as are wholly selfish and irresponsible. And then they wonder why they end up where they are.

No offense, and I generally enjoy your contributions to the Blues community, but you're coming off as kind of strident on this and there are several long posts which are rather aggressive.

Do you have a degree? If so, why the hostility?

Kittens!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 11, 2012, 10:50 sauron

Blue, are you going to do a 'Games on Sale' list today? Because Steam has Skyrim and Portal 2 on sale for the weekend.

I know it was mentioned in the Portal 2 story last night but might be worth pointing out in a thread of its own. I know I'll be taking full advantage!

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2012, 10:46 sauron

Agreed, the images from the Horst Faas link are really amazing.  

Kittens!

News Comments > FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole?
19. Re: FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole? May 3, 2012, 13:18 sauron

Blue wrote on May 3, 2012, 13:11:
It came into the possession of IGN in 2004 and a year later IGN was acquired by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.

Explains how Duke Nukem's phone got hacked, at least.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 13:14 sauron

This is going to sell truckloads if they make the specs accessible and it isn't buggy as hell.

Could be the WoW-killer, assuming GW2 hasn't claimed that prize already.

Kittens!

News Comments > Human Head Off Prey 2?
23. Re: Human Head Off Prey 2? Apr 20, 2012, 10:09 sauron

Verno wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 09:19:
Boning them over a single percentage point is a short term greed approach that will just come back to bite you in the long run.

nin wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 21:45:
Yeah, it sounds like it bit them in the ass...switching devs mid production causes my interest to go from mild to nonexistent.

What is this obsession with getting bitten in the ass by a Human Head?

To quote Audrey Hepburn, 'I never bite, unless it's called for.'

Kittens!

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
6. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 10:02 sauron

Hudson wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 09:39:
There goes the neighborhood. I wont even try logging in this weekend

Ya, better to take a break and run around in the yard with Gunnar.

Kittens!

News Comments > Borderlands 2 to Add 5th Class Via DLC
21. Re: Borderlands 2 to Add 5th Class Via DLC Apr 9, 2012, 20:16 sauron

My MO is to wait until a game hits the Steam sale at Xmas for 5-15 dollars, and then I buy it. Publisher's nightmare. If I only get 80% of the game for doing that, I won't buy it at all. Better to go back to the backlog of like 20 games I still have to get through from last year's sale. :-)  

Kittens!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2012, 10:26 sauron

There's a contest here at work, and first prize is a ticket to see the Yankees. Second prize is a ticket to the Mets. Third prize is two tickets to the Mets. Booby prize is a Mets season ticket.

It's pretty sad - the Mets were pretty great 10 years ago but these days the team isn't taken seriously even here in NYC.

Kittens!

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Tease
39. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 19:32 sauron

avianflu wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:07:
The latest rumour is that it is BG2 for ipad btw.

I almost fried my Android tablet trying to shoehorn Planescape Torment onto it with an emulator. Had to reset it to factory defaults. True story. I'm such a nerd.

Kittens!

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Tease
38. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 19:26 sauron

Planescape:Torment in HD, preferably with 3D a la The Witcher. /drool.

'What is the nature of a man (in 3D)'?

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2012, 11:32 sauron

Hoop wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 11:21:
nin wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 11:06:
I want to make it clear that was a link of disgust, and not of approval!!!!!
I approve of your disgust!

Also, I approve of your approval of nin's disapproval of Darth 'Redfaced and Horny' Maul.

However, I approve of Cartoon Samuel Jackson. And the jedi babe in the short skirt.

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2012, 11:28 sauron

Woody Allen won for best screenplay. He went through a boring patch around 10 years ago but lately he's been pretty good.

I liked Midnight in Paris - glad he got something for it.

Kittens!

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Expansion in June
1. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expansion in June Feb 27, 2012, 11:24 sauron

I can't even remember the last DDO expansion. I guess the game must be doing well for them to be doing this.

I saw that LOTRO also just expanded (Isengard) and is already planning another new one (Rohan).

Good for Turbine - fun and well-designed MMOs. Well deserved. My orcs love playing LOTRO in particular.

Kittens!

News Comments > STELLAR IMPACT This Spring
6. Re: STELLAR IMPACT This Spring Feb 24, 2012, 17:13 sauron

CAPITAL LETTERS WOOOOOO!!!  

Kittens!

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
70. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 17:00 sauron

Ruffiana wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 15:58:
Julio wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 15:39:
The truth is clearly they took content out of the game to sell it as DLC.

There's no deception going on here. Here's the game, in the box...no Prothean. $60. Take it or leave it.

Easy choice *pockets the 60 bucks*.

Hey, that's 60 smackers to spend on wine, loose women, and general shenanagins!

Or in my case, a pint of beer, the wife, and some food for the cat. ^^

Kittens!

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
38. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 13:07 sauron

The only way I'd buy day 1 DLC would be if it was Horse Armor. I mean, my Space Steed is totally unprotected out there! And he's clearly freezing his nads off!

Also, in space no-one can hear your horse armor clank. Win-win situation, really.

Kittens!

1424 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo