Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1410 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2012, 12:26 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 11:03:
Chin up, Blue!

Some of my pets get this problem as well.

Not so bad when it's a Warg, but when the Trolls go down with it we have to evacuate the Tower.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2012, 14:08 sauron

I'm actually a qualified veterinarian although I now work in research in NYC. I hope this might help:

Blood in the stool can be a bad sign, especially in older dogs, but it usually isn't. The most common cause is colitis, which is an inflammation of the large bowel, often accompanied by looseness of the stool with or without mucus. It's usually treated with anti-inflammatories and antibiotics. Prognosis is good although it can be a recurrent problem in some breeds with a genetic predisposition. In a lot of cases, however, the cause is dietary indiscretion.

Alternatives could include worms, or bowel cancer. The latter is rare, and the former is really only seen in stray puppies.

Definitely get them checked by your vet, but I wouldn't panic just yet.

Kittens!

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
61. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 27, 2012, 13:55 sauron

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 08:58:
NWN also had the worst OC's of all Bioware games, ever. I mean literally, ALL OC's, including expansions were HORRIBLE trite. There are very few community modules that are awesome, some are even grand. But it is telling that bioware does not even APPROACH the quality and writing density community modules have.

Well, I enjoyed Hordes of the Underdark, but the other two NWN OC did kind of suck. Finishing the first one was like drinking Bud Light - I mean, any beer is better than no beer but I'd much rather be drinking Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout.

I think the main reason to get the BG remake is to be able to play it on an Android pad or iPad while lying in bed. For $20, I could pony up for that.

Kittens!

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
20. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 26, 2012, 22:53 sauron

I'd grab it for Android for sure, but already have the GOG version for PC.

Would love to try it on my Acer Android tablet - it runs a ton of other games beautifully. NVidia hardware plus Droid seems like a great gaming platform.

Kittens!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2012, 21:51 sauron

I spent $70 in the sale but got 7 AAA titles for that:

Skyrim
Witcher 2
Empire Total War
Borderlands
Oblivion GOTY
Dragon Age
KOTOR

Should keep me going until the next Steam sale this winter, or,more probably next summer (plus still have to finish ME 2 and DXHR from the last sale). :-)

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Day Nine
28. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 21:19 sauron

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 18:44:
It's almost like "Look, honey, Sally was just trying on that new dress when I came out of the shower, tripped over the carpet and accidentally landed on top of her.

Come back when you know what a girlfriend actually looks like and/or are old enough to have a bank account (mom's credit card doesn't count).

Anyone have any feedback on Magicka? I heard it's pretty good.

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Day Nine
17. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 18:27 sauron

I wonder why no Mass Effect games have been part of the daily/flash sales? Dragon Age showed up yesterday - same developer and publisher (and I grabbed it instantly).

I have ME2 (just started, it's great!) and was hoping to pick up ME1. It's currently at 50% ($10) but hasn't shown up as a daily special or anything.

I guess $10 is still a good price - will just pick it up for that.

Kittens!

News Comments > RuneScape Claims 200M Accounts
8. Re: RuneScape Claims 200M Accounts Jul 19, 2012, 21:17 sauron

13 year olds with nothing better to do the world over REJOICE!  

Kittens!

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2012, 21:13 sauron

I got Dragon Age and Empire: Total War for $4.99 each on Steam today as flash sales (I think) and am very happy with those deals.

I had originally budgeted $50 for the sale and from that I picked up Skyrim and The Witcher 2, plus KOTOR 1. But today's deals were so good I decided to spring for another 10 smackaroos.

Well worth it - I'll be playing these until the winter sale comes around. Currently still playing Mass Effect 2 which I picked up in the last winter sale for under 10 dollars and it really is excellent.

Kittens!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2012, 10:15 sauron

MattyC wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:04:
Why are the 1860s a birth date option on Bethblog?

Otherwise it discriminates against us undead sorcerors.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 19, 2012, 10:13 sauron

The Call of Cthulhu game is pretty good - I have it running on my Acer A500 Android tablet and it's a lot of fun.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Sale Day Seven
13. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 18, 2012, 18:47 sauron

"So, you're still Master of your Wallet?"

"Yes, yes I am. Master of my wallet. But I will tell you this: I'm going over to Valve and I'm tellin' Gabe to put those sales down!"

"Wait, wait wait... Whoa, whoa whoa-- what did you just say?"

"I can't take it any more! It's drivin' me crazy. I can't sleep, I can't leave the house. When I'm here I'm climbin' the walls. Meanwhile I'm playin' Diablo III, I'm in this sale... something's gotta give!"

"Do you hear what you're saying? Can you hear it? This is a beautiful sale, as good as watching a woman walking around naked, and you want to tell Valve to stop!? That's the *dumbest* thing I ever heard. I mean, it's incomprehens-- I'm not gonna let you do it!"

"Well, I'm doin' it. Get out of my way..."

"No, you can't! This is something that only comes about twice a year. When we were boys looking through our game collections we would think, 'Why can't there be a sale out there that's as good as watching a woman taking her clothes off?' And now that wish has come true and you want to... pfffft... throw it away?!"

With apologies to Seinfeld, notably the episode 'The Contest'.

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2012, 12:31 sauron

Beamer wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 11:35:
Yeah, I agree, not matching this is a smart move, but allowing Lin to get this far is outright idiotic. Which is why Lin is probably smart to get the hell out of the Knicks organization. Maybe Dolan is going to learn from the Rangers how to breed success, but Dolan was always very hands on with the Knicks and very hands off with the Rangers, and it's only been since he's stopped doing anything with the Rangers at all that they've become successful (no coincidence there, I'm sure.) Of course, now that they are successful he'll probably get involved again and make them sign Mark Messier to a 14 year contract.

Hmm, I have to agree with that. Not to mention they went out of their way to go get Kidd to mentor Lin, then let him walk a week later.

The only time the Knicks are going to win, is after the Dolans sell the team.

Kittens!

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Progress Report
25. Re: Torchlight 2 Progress Report Jul 18, 2012, 11:05 sauron

If it's anything like Diablo III, they're spending their time working on the essentials. Like a really awesome "ERROR 37" screen.  

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2012, 10:24 sauron

The Knicks are not the smartest organization in town, but Lin just committed a huge career mistake. Signing that contract just doesn't make any sense.

It would have been much smarter for him to play to the huge audience here in NYC. Slightly less contract salary maybe, but he would have made millions and millions more from endorsements.

As a Harvard grad, you'd think he'd be less naive. His agent needs firing - terrible advice.

Kittens!

News Comments > On Sale
40. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2012, 13:20 sauron

mch wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 13:06:
DNF flash sale for $4.99.

Naaaaah.

GTAIV on sale for $4.99 too. Worth it? I heard it has a good story.

And ya, DNF not even for $4.99. Maybe not even for a dollar, tbh.

Kittens!

News Comments > On Sale
28. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2012, 09:53 sauron

Skyrim is on sale again at 50% ($29.79) for the next hour or so (Steam).

I looked up the sales figures for it and was pretty impressed. Over 6 million units sold so far. I mean, it's not 25 million (MW3), but for an RPG priced premium at $60, those sales are outstanding.

I guess the fact it's on all platforms must help too.

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 21:43 sauron

I think I'm done. My budget was $50 and for that I've gotten Skyrim + Witcher 2, + KOTOR 1 (gave my old copy to bro-in-law in South America some time ago, nice to have it again). I think it's a good deal all around and comes in at $48.50 or thereabouts.

Must admit I'm intrigued by Trine 2 though - the gameplay looks great, and if you add in co-op, and all for $2.49, then hmmm, pretty nice package. We'll see - maybe I can stretch to $51.

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:55 sauron

I grabbed Skyrim and The Witcher 2 at 50% and 60% off, respectively. Great deals and I doubt they will get any cheaper before the sale ends.

By the way, for anyone getting Witcher 2 in the Steam sale, you can then head over to GOG.com and enter the CD key to obtain a free copy downloadable from them as well. Reason being that the GOG version comes with a bucketload of extras, maps, soundtrack and such, plus you can plkay it offline with no Steam access. It's totally kosher to do this - they're the makers of the game and apparently like to reward buyers, no matter where they purchased it.

The same goes for Witcher #1 - they give a free offline-valid copy of that if you just enter your CD key, and it also comes with all the extras.

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
158. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 17:25 sauron

Dev wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 17:21:
sauron wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 17:19:
I just noticed they have GTA IV for $9.99, and L.A. Noire for the same price.

Add in Skyrim for $39.99, and this could get kind of expensive. But OMG those all look good.
I think those are all sales that end on july 22nd. You should wait until then to buy, because they are likely to go on sale for lower in the next 10 days.

Yep, good advice and I'm going to take it. Thanks!

But damn those are good deals.

Kittens!

1410 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo