Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1442 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2012, 08:39 sauron

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 01:24:
damn, just got the game today for 36.

Via Slickdeals:
GreenManGaming has The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC Digital Download) for $36 - 25% off code GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN = $27. Steam account required.

Also available, GMG has The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard (PC Downloadable Content) for $15 - 25% off code GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN = $11.25. Steam account required.

Hey, don't forget these babies:

Fun and excitement!

Wow!

On sale!

Seriously though, those deals on Skyrim are pretty great.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
24. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 3, 2012, 21:53 sauron

Cliff, we love you. Great games. But please STOP IT with the hair dye.

Also, maybe get a shave and look at the wardrobe (but not so much you turn into a suit).

If you ignore that last part we may forgive on the basis of the original UT demo and Facing Worlds. Or maybe not.

Kittens!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Season Pass Details
4. Re: Assassin's Creed III Season Pass Details Oct 3, 2012, 21:46 sauron

nin wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 20:56:
I love the way you pay $60 for the game, and now the DLC is up to half that price (I'm looking at you too, Borderlands).

How do these people not see that when they do this, it just encourages people to wait a year, and get the GOTY edition with everything for $30?

Yep, either that or just don't buy it at all. If significant game content is withheld at release, it is much more productive to look elsewhere. There are plenty of wonderful options on the PC this Fall that don't need that kind of BS to succeed.

Uh, plus it's lolUbisoft. No thanks.

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 13:20 sauron

Verno wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 12:43:
I still have an old WRT54G running in the basement. Thing has been rock solid for 6 years. The only problem with Linksys/Cisco is that they love to play model lottery, some slight model variations will have half the memory and etc. The newer Netgear stuff is very hackable and pretty reliable in my experience, I didn't care for their older stuff. D-Link is bottom barrel, lots of hardware issues and their firmware is a disaster.

Yep, that's right on the money, I agree with everything you said.

I too have a WRT54G that also still functions - those things never die. They made Linksys' reputation in the household market.

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 12:33 sauron

Verno wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 11:40:
I'd suggest the Netgear WNDR3700 which is dual band, supports OpenWRT/DD-WRT firmware and is fairly powerful. Asus also makes some good routers as well as 2Wire.

Steer clear of D-Link.

I have a Linksys EA4200 dual-band router and am happy with it. My repeater is by Netgear and is a bit flaky. I'll probably replace it with a Linksys PLWK400 soon.

And yeah, don't buy D-Link.

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2012, 11:02 sauron

I tried a dual-band router to extend coverage in my apartment, but the problem turned out to be a load-bearing wall in the way of the signal. The place is L-shaped and the router is in one end of it.

A repeater seems to have fixed the problem, bouncing the signal around the corner of the L, but the repeater I have (Netgear) isn't that great. Anyone know if Cisco makes a better one?

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:28 sauron

Verno wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:50:
Anyone who plays a Necro as a main here? Curious to see what they think of those changes, I know that class was really in need of some tuning.

I'd like to know this as well. Main is currently a Guardian, and I also have an Elementalist. Mesmer and Necromancer both look creepy-cool but I heard the latter is a bit underpowered.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:22 sauron

Wolfox wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:07:
Axis wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:28:
How many of you Bluesies are still actively engaged with GW2?

I'm still playing regularly, and I have no plans to stop in the foreseeable future.

^This. I'm on most days for a couple of hours and will be doing the same for the foreseeable future. Really like the game, it's great. My guild plays LOTRO and GW2 and we all use Teamspeak, and people jump between the two games all the time, it's pretty fun.

I did take a couple of evenings to play with the new version of SS2 (which is freaking awesome, especially with the Rebirth high-poly model mod added to it). I'll probably do the same with Morroblivion. But my default at the moment is definitely GW2.

Kittens!

News Comments > New Morrowind Overhaul
12. Re: New Morrowind Overhaul Oct 2, 2012, 08:17 sauron

I downloaded Morroblivion last week - updates the game to the Oblivion engine (and they're currently working on another update, to the Skyrim engine. Pretty fly:

Morroblivion

Here are some shots of the Morrowind-to-Skyrim engine and Oblivion-to Skyrim, although these mods are not yet finished:

Skyrim engine

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2012, 08:28.

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2012, 10:40 sauron

Yep, congrats! We once had a cat that was gone for weeks, and came back so weak he could hardly stand, but he made it.

My current tomcat is another classic alpha. One time I caught him stalking a dachshund - I think he thought it was a snack.

Kittens!

News Comments > World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers
7. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 15:40 sauron

Queue times.... Eight years running and WoW STILL has queue times? 150 million dollars a month in revenue, and they can't be bothered to add some more infrastructure?

That's fucking ridiculous.

Creston

I don't think they're having capacity issues. They're making it up so people think the game is still popular.

Kittens!

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
59. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 15:38 sauron

Dear Holy Quote-Chained Walls of Text, Batman!

I thought I was reading a dissertation in here!

Kittens!

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
28. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 11:58 sauron

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 10:44:
I wouldn't mind a bluesnews twitter feed, as long as it stays out of the RSS feeds and the layout

That could be great!

@bluesnews

18.45: Delicious nine-alarm wings! #cuisine #firetruck #alkaseltzer

21.35: Hudson TWD just peed in my office again #deaddog #goddamnit

22.15: Person sitting in a van outside the yard again. Wonder who it is? #nin

The possibilities are endless!

Kittens!

News Comments > Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches
24. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 16:10 sauron

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 15:56:
I wonder who in the hell made these. It had to have been someone that used to work at Looking Glass. I installed System Shock 2, and am quite stunned how how nice this patch is for it. 1920x1080, and it's playing great. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

I was thinking that too. Alternatively it could be one of the Bioshock developers (although they kind of overlap with ex-Looking Glass).

If it's a talented amateur, they're REALLY talented and a big studio should sign them up right now!

Kittens!

12. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 12:24 sauron

Acleacius wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 12:17:
Amazing, work! Cheers

Surely someone at TTLG forums did it or knows who did.

Not sure if it's widely known but Vurt, who has done all the landscape mods for Skyrim, FNV and many others did a texture mod for SS2.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the original developers moonlighting anonymously. Whoever it is knows the engine inside and out.

Kittens!

8. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 12:05 sauron

Wow, nice! I had SS2 with the older hi-res mod for a while but it stopped working well in newer operating systems.

This is gonna be great - I still have my original SS2 CD (Bought the game on release day way back when).

Kittens!

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
46. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 15:45 sauron

wtf_man wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 15:41:
Yakubs wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 13:20:
Knock the Panda crap all you want, at least WoW fills its zones with quests. As opposed to Heart symbols spread randomly around the zone with menial tasks attached.

Quests? You call those quests?? WTF are you smoking???

At least some of GW2's menial tasks are creative and interesting... and give you a choice of 2-3 different activities to complete them. However, I do admit a majority of them are the same things. Also, if you choose to always kill the mobs in the area instead of the more creative choices... well, that's your call. It's still far superior, IMO, to WoW's so-called "quests".

I was running around GW2 on a new character last night and found a small castle which was a heart/quest hub. Suddenly, the gates slammed shut and the walls were attacked by a group of centaurs. I and the other PCs in the area spontaneously banded together to defeat them and save the castle, which turned out to be one of the ways you could fill up the heart and complete the hub.

If that's questing, I'm all for it - I had a complete blast and it was totally unlike anything I had seen in any other MMO (and I've played a few). Dynamic, spontaneous, and most of all, fun!

Kittens!

44. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 14:34 sauron

Yakubs wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 13:20:
Knock the Panda crap all you want...

Speaking of which, I had a summer job in a zoo once. True story.

Kittens!

42. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 14:33 sauron

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 13:25:
Frijoles wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 12:57:
deqer wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 12:41:
If you enjoy being gay, does that mean you should be gay? No. It means you're sick. You'll be in hiding from people, because it does matter.

There's an ignore feature somewhere on Blues isn't there?

As well as a report button...

...which has apparently been pressed many times already in response to that particular post.

Kittens!

26. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 11:43 sauron

Creston wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 11:23:
sauron wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:27:
nin wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:02:
Darks wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:01:
Isnt this game dead yet!

It's resting.

It's not pinin'! 'It's passed on! This MMO is no more! It has ceased to be! Expired and gone to meet its maker! 'It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the release schedule it'd be pushing up the daisies! It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

Well, not quite. But not Blizzard's greatest moment.

It's an ex-MMO!

Creston

Heh, I had included that exact punchline but took it out since I thought it was mean. I guess we might as well use it after all.

Kittens!

1442 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo