Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1408 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches
12. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 12:24 sauron

Acleacius wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 12:17:
Amazing, work! Cheers

Surely someone at TTLG forums did it or knows who did.

Not sure if it's widely known but Vurt, who has done all the landscape mods for Skyrim, FNV and many others did a texture mod for SS2.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the original developers moonlighting anonymously. Whoever it is knows the engine inside and out.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches
8. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 12:05 sauron

Wow, nice! I had SS2 with the older hi-res mod for a while but it stopped working well in newer operating systems.

This is gonna be great - I still have my original SS2 CD (Bought the game on release day way back when).

Kittens!

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
46. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 15:45 sauron

wtf_man wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 15:41:
Yakubs wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 13:20:
Knock the Panda crap all you want, at least WoW fills its zones with quests. As opposed to Heart symbols spread randomly around the zone with menial tasks attached.

Quests? You call those quests?? WTF are you smoking???

At least some of GW2's menial tasks are creative and interesting... and give you a choice of 2-3 different activities to complete them. However, I do admit a majority of them are the same things. Also, if you choose to always kill the mobs in the area instead of the more creative choices... well, that's your call. It's still far superior, IMO, to WoW's so-called "quests".

I was running around GW2 on a new character last night and found a small castle which was a heart/quest hub. Suddenly, the gates slammed shut and the walls were attacked by a group of centaurs. I and the other PCs in the area spontaneously banded together to defeat them and save the castle, which turned out to be one of the ways you could fill up the heart and complete the hub.

If that's questing, I'm all for it - I had a complete blast and it was totally unlike anything I had seen in any other MMO (and I've played a few). Dynamic, spontaneous, and most of all, fun!

Kittens!

44. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 14:34 sauron

Yakubs wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 13:20:
Knock the Panda crap all you want...

Speaking of which, I had a summer job in a zoo once. True story.

Kittens!

42. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 14:33 sauron

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 13:25:
Frijoles wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 12:57:
deqer wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 12:41:
If you enjoy being gay, does that mean you should be gay? No. It means you're sick. You'll be in hiding from people, because it does matter.

There's an ignore feature somewhere on Blues isn't there?

As well as a report button...

...which has apparently been pressed many times already in response to that particular post.

Kittens!

26. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 11:43 sauron

Creston wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 11:23:
sauron wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:27:
nin wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:02:
Darks wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:01:
Isnt this game dead yet!

It's resting.

It's not pinin'! 'It's passed on! This MMO is no more! It has ceased to be! Expired and gone to meet its maker! 'It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the release schedule it'd be pushing up the daisies! It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

Well, not quite. But not Blizzard's greatest moment.

It's an ex-MMO!

Creston

Heh, I had included that exact punchline but took it out since I thought it was mean. I guess we might as well use it after all.

Kittens!

News Comments > Ashes Cricket 2013 Announced
1. Re: Ashes Cricket 2013 Announced Sep 25, 2012, 10:32 sauron

One of my favorite sports, and the only one where you can arrive at a match, watch for 4 hours, go and have lunch, take a nap in the sun, and wake up not having missed anything.  

Kittens!

10. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:27 sauron

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:02:
Darks wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:01:
Isnt this game dead yet!

It's resting.

It's not pinin'! 'It's passed on! This MMO is no more! It has ceased to be! Expired and gone to meet its maker! 'It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the release schedule it'd be pushing up the daisies! It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

Well, not quite. But not Blizzard's greatest moment.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: xkcd Sep 25, 2012, 09:48 sauron

Sepharo wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 21:30:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 20:43:
sauron wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 12:42:
Also, I like the xkcd comic above, but this one is even better:

xkcd click and drag

Enjoy!

Maybe I am being dense from all the over the counter meds to fight the flu, but could someone explain that one to me?

Did you click and drag? It's just a giant (fucking enormous) image that loads programmatically in smaller pngs.

Also it's good to know that this exists, before you go spending hours clicking and dragging.

Yes, ^this. Just click and drag on the bottom panel. Make sure you have some free time - the image is completely gigantic.

Also, feel better. ^^

Kittens!

3. xkcd Sep 24, 2012, 12:42 sauron

Also, I like the xkcd comic above, but this one is even better:

xkcd click and drag

Enjoy!

Kittens!

2. Re: Homeland winning Emmys Sep 24, 2012, 12:38 sauron

I've been jonesing for some Lovecraftian horror gaming recently, and went back to my copies of the Call of Cthulhu RPG by Chaosium. It turns out they have a kickstarter to re-release one of the classic campaigns, which has done very well indeed (requested: $20,000; funding: $145,000 with a week to go!). Sounds like it will be very cool:

Cthulhu fhtaghn!

Looking forward to reading my copy.

Kittens!

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
50. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 22, 2012, 10:34 sauron

s1mon75 wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 19:54:
Seriously, you like TL2 go play that and leave the adults to continue the discussion about D3 and its direction moving forward.

Lol?

I think adults probably have better things to do than that.

Kittens!

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
15. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 13:39 sauron

Bradley wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 12:14:
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of torchlight 2.

I can't hear them over the sound of Guild Wars 2!

So many great games being released right now. D3 is not one of them.

Also, PC gaming is well and truly alive and rocking.

Kittens!

News Comments > Battle.net Adding "Appear Offline" Mode
24. Re: Battle.net Adding Sep 20, 2012, 16:22 sauron

TheEmissary wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 13:21:
This is really just a feature to stop people from getting pestered by their guild when they're supposed to be raiding but don't feel like it / are drunk...

Fixed that for ya. Everyone who's ever raided knows this is the real reason.

Kittens!

News Comments > Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report
28. Re: Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report Sep 20, 2012, 13:44 sauron

Wildone wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 11:49:
Whats more insulting is the french got this info first..

Also this:

Al Bundy: "Oh, sure, our rights are not important? Anything a woman says is fine with us? Gee, when did men become such losers? It used to be so great to be a man. Women were there to please us. They'd look after the kids and we'd go out and have a good time. That's the natural order of things. What happened, Steve? I'll tell you what happened, Steve. Somebody told women they should start enjoying sex, too. That was the beginning of the end. Now they like it but it's work for us. Everything's work for us. It's this equallity thing, it's killing us. You know who I blame?"

Steve: "The French?"

[ Al nods his agreement ]

- Married with Children

Kittens!

News Comments > Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report
26. Re: Half-Life 3 A Shooter; Not Due Next Year: Shocking Report Sep 20, 2012, 13:39 sauron

Wildone wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 11:49:
Whats more insulting is the french got this info first..

"There is nothing lower than the human race...except for the French."
- Mark Twain 1878-79

Kittens!

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
5. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Sep 19, 2012, 11:58 sauron

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:09:
deqer wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:02:
Had I known the game would turn out the way it did, I would not have bothered with it.
I don't like where the game has gotten to, but there's no way I could say that. I enjoyed the hell out of the first four years I played the game.

Having looked at the most recent content for both WoW and FFXI (which I played for years), they now look really outdated to me. Guild Wars 2 has really changed my expectations. Never thought that would happen.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Secret World Patched
5. Re: The Secret World Patched Sep 19, 2012, 11:54 sauron

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:09:
I'm not trying to troll or anything deger, but you seem to have a hatred for gaming and MMO's in particular. Honestly like to know how that happened.

That's easy, he's head of game development at Electronic Arts!

*drumroll and cymbal, boom-boom!*

*/bows*

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 18, 2012, 15:03 sauron

Beamer wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 13:09:
OpenOffice is ok for word processing, especially as Word is garbage, but who uses a word processor anymore?

I do! I've written or contributed to 7 grant proposals since July and each of them has been at least 15-20 pages in MS Word.

But back to the point, Ballmer comes across as a complete idiot. Nobody believes that kind of corporate bullshit anymore. He'd sell more units by acting like a real person and giving some intelligent soundbites. He's living in the past.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client
26. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:56 sauron

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 14:08:
All the missions get like that. "Oh, hai, you're alone! Here, deal with a dozen destroyers all at once! HAR HAR HAR Oh you're dead. Oh well!"

Creston

Ya, so far on the Guardian those missions have played out rather different.

'Ohai zerglings! I'm a brick wall. With a shield. And a mace the size of your HEAD!' HAR HAR HAR! *lays the smack down*

Kittens!

1408 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo