Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1419 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Massive Event Teased
32. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 3, 2012, 23:37 sauron

I'm having trouble putting GW2 down, best game I've played in ages. Have been trying out the dungeons, WvWvW, crafting, events, all of them great.

Regarding updates, there are several places in the game world where there are gates to new places that are currently shut. One of the places is in SE Lions Arch, where there is an area with 6 Asuran Gates that right now are under construction. Where they will eventually link to is anyone's guess.

I get the feeling the dev team is looking long-term.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 1, 2012, 16:29 sauron

Tha Bard's Tale on Android. Score!  

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2012, 12:54 sauron

Great Halloween turnout here in Harlem as well. Even my cat had a costume. Then again, he's a black cat so he's in costume all year!

We had about 15 bags of candy and they were all gone by 7pm. Lots of happy kids.

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 15:37 sauron

Welcome back Blue.

Things here in the city are not yet back to normal. Subway still down, 5th Avenue and other major routes are a parking lot. No power downtown, and none on the Upper East Side when you get anywhere near the river. And that's just Manhattan, which was mostly protected from the storm.

I have some buddies at NYU Medical Center downtown, and apparently it's really messed up over there. All the patients evacuated from the hospital, all the research labs trashed and years of work gone. Very very sad. And that's just one institution.

Kittens!

154. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 10:26 sauron

nin wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 09:18:
Tehol wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 09:16:
may be KOTOR 3 eh? minus bioware.

Hell, let's aim for the sky and ask for TIE Fighter 2...

Seconded. Dear God yes.

Kittens!

100. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 18:02 sauron

Ant wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 16:49:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 14:47:
No redesign needed!
Ditto. Fast, simple, etc. It works fine.

A mobile app would rule. Then I could spam the forum while out lashing orc servitors with my evil cat o'nine tails.

(or while drinking wine and lying in bed, lol).

Kittens!

51. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 14:00 sauron

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 13:34:
Did you see the Con Ed explosion? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX0sbp1hK-A

No wonder they don't have power. 6 feet of seawater and electric transformers, yeah, that's not a good mix.

Yeah, I know that station. It's close to residential parts of Alphabet City. Luckily nobody got fried.

It's pretty big and fixing it might take a while.

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 09:44 sauron

Yep, stay safe. Looks like the worst of the weather is over.

Here in Harlem we still have power and there is no flooding, and my lab at Mount Sinai Hospital (100th St) is ok. Downtown is bad - whole areas below 39th Street underwater. NYU hospital is down with no power and 10 feet of water in the generator room, Coney Island Hospital down, subways flooded, traffic tunnels flooded.

It could be worse but it's a hell of a mess.

Kittens!

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2012, 10:42 sauron

I'm in Harlem, NYC and am a bit nervous about the storm. Not for myself, but for the city. I think there might be a lot of flooding downtown and in Brooklyn.

My lab is on the 14th floor, uptown, and my apartment on the 6th floor, so we'll be dry, but the power could easily go out.

Stay safe everyone.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2012, 21:03 sauron

deqer wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 10:54:
i dont want a mobile version of vice city, wtf. i want a better pc release. what am i going to do with the mobile version? how are you supposed to aim a weapon with a touch screen? and how are ... ahhhhh, nevermind. god, you guys sucks.

It lets you play at being a badass banging hot chix in Miami, while lying in bed in the snow in North Dakota. What's not to like?

Kittens!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2012, 21:00 sauron

Wow, that Pandaria review is brutal, and it's from Kotaku to boot. I honestly feel exactly the same way about FFXI, which I played for 8 years. For me, it's on the money, although I'm sure others may feel differently.

In contrast, I'm loving GW2. Log in, have fun, log out. I wonder if it will be the same when I hit the level cap?

Kittens!

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2012, 16:41 sauron

The only KS I've contributed to was the one by Chaosium, to fund a re-release of one of their classic Call of Cthulhu tabletop campaigns (Horror on the Orient Express).

In that case, the campaign already exists and has been released previously, and all they wanted was extra money for bells and whistles for the re-release (nice maps, 1920's passports, full-color player handouts etc). Plus they've been publishing games, and campaigns for them, for over 30 years. Very low-risk bet. It's gonna be great when it comes out next year.

Kittens!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2012, 11:12 sauron

Beamer wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 10:56:
I'm surprised any Yankees fans cared after Jeter broke his ankle. I thought we were all in agreement that the season was over.

Yeah, there's that. But then again, in the old days the team would have stepped up. O'Neill, Posada, Martinez, Brosius, Wells. Hell, even Clemens, as much as I hate him. They were really tough, and they never quit.

Kittens!

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Next Month
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 19, 2012, 11:08 sauron

I can't really see myself playing this, although it does look intriguing. If I want big PvP firefights I'll probably just try WvWvW in GW2.  

Kittens!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2012, 09:39 sauron

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 00:44:
Once Jeter went out, though, it was easy to see the Yanks going down in flames. He, Ichiro and Ibanez were the only ones who were hitting. Btw, Cano went like 2 for 90, and nobody complains about him. It's all A-Rod's fault again...

Creston

Yeah, I'm in NYC and a Yankees fan, but the performance of the hitters this postseason (aside from Jeter, Ichiro and Ibanez) was just horrible.

Thing is, people in this town expect their teams (and each other) to fight for what they want, scuffle for it. They hate it when that doesn't happen. Folks that give up get labeled as soft, lacking the guts to get things done. That's why Jeter walked off the field on a broken ankle, showing the fans he was tough enough to take it.

Alex Rodriguez? Gutless wonder, officially stamped as such by the NYC public. Plus he was flirting with girls while letting the fans down. No way they'll have him back - the bleachers will heckle him every single game, for the entire game. That's just the way they are.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2012, 09:45.

Kittens!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2012, 18:28 sauron

Regarding the takeover ads, I was in Europe on a work trip last week and the ads for this site over there are completely different (and in different languages).

One prominent ad was for a dating site, in German, with stereotypical half-naked muscular Herr and blond almost-nekkid teutonic Fraulein. Top of the page and the right hand side banner. Superimposing those images onto the Bluesnews geekfest was pretty bizarre. I should have taken a picture.

Then again, I was in France when I saw that one. Those frenchies, eh. Shocking.

Kittens!

News Comments > BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed
21. Re: BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed Oct 18, 2012, 18:23 sauron

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 14:05:
sauron wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 13:48:
nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 13:41:
Only problem I'm having is with annoying respawns

I think the last time I played, I turned those off (not positive)...I know I turned off gun degradation.

If you can remember how, let me know!

In the meantime, my Guardian will be rolling through GW2 zones like a Sherman tank. That class sure is overpowered.

Scroll down to the part about user.cfg. I think that's it' but it's been awhile. That also shows how to turn off weapon degradation, which always annoyed the fuck out of me.

Great, thanks nin!

Speaking of spiritual successors to System Shock, I'm thinking Dishonored looks like a convergence of SS2, Thief and Deus Ex. Saw some gameplay vids today and boy does it look good. Think I'll have to get it, then play it when the kids and Mrs. Sauron are asleep.

Kittens!

14. Re: BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed Oct 18, 2012, 13:48 sauron

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 13:41:
Only problem I'm having is with annoying respawns

I think the last time I played, I turned those off (not positive)...I know I turned off gun degradation.

If you can remember how, let me know!

In the meantime, my Guardian will be rolling through GW2 zones like a Sherman tank. That class sure is overpowered.

Kittens!

11. Re: BioShock Infinite CEs Detailed Oct 18, 2012, 12:50 sauron

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 11:00:
Did you try that patch a few weeks ago for SS2? Works great under Win7!

I've installed it, and also added the high-resolution models from the Rebirth mod. Only problem I'm having is with annoying respawns - at this point I don't really want to replay the game in its full intensity as look at it in all its updated glory.

Not playing SS2 much since I'm addicted to GW2. Just hit level 23 on my main but I also have a few alts - and yes I know I level slow.

Kittens!

News Comments > Harvey Smith Interview
5. Re: Harvey Smith Interview Oct 18, 2012, 08:28 sauron

Great article. Thanks for the link.  

Kittens!

1419 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo