Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1430 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2013, 09:41 sauron

On a football-related theme, this is the best Penny Arcade I've seen in some time:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2013, 08:24 sauron

Wow, early update is early!

I'll also go for the Pats and Niners this week. Would set up a great Superbowl!

Kittens!

News Comments > More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement
8. Re: More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement Jan 17, 2013, 22:42 sauron

Wait what? How can I play this when I haven't even started The Witcher 2 yet? Or Deus Ex? Or Skyrim? OMG

I need to find more spare time - may need to fake my own death. How to do that? Well, there is this old ring, and those elves and hobbits will believe any old rumor. Hmm...

Kittens!

News Comments > Warface Closed Beta Underway
18. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Jan 17, 2013, 21:01 sauron

Warboobs.

Picture on the cover of well-endowed babes in camo berets and not much else, riding in a jeep and pointing at a tank full of sharks with lazer guns on their heads.

You can put the check in the mail.

Kittens!

News Comments > Warface Closed Beta Underway
4. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Jan 17, 2013, 15:12 sauron

Most unappealing name for a game since Wargasm? You decide. Makes me think of 13 year olds with too much testosterone.

Should have called it Warpig, with the opposition as Masters of Reality . Low-slung Ozzy / Sabbath vibe, oooh yeah.

Kittens!

News Comments > Free DLC with Dishonored Purchase
10. Re: Free DLC with Dishonored Purchase Jan 17, 2013, 14:44 sauron

I wanted to get Xenoblade Chronicles last year but Gamestop bought exclusive rights and then distributed a total of like 10 copies throughout the American continent. Those 10 copies now sell on EBay for $150. It's actually easier to get a copy from Japan.

Typical Gamestop cluelessness. If there's a bad decision to make, they go ahead and make it. I don't shop there anymore.

Kittens!

News Comments > Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month
17. Re: Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month Jan 17, 2013, 14:37 sauron

I must be the only guy in the world that has never played Halo. Still have not forgiven Bungie for selling out to Microsoft, or Microsoft for making it XBox-exclusive and then using it to market Vista. They can kiss my undead sorceror's ass.

The Master Chief is just a corporate symbol used by idiots in suits to sell things. If the products were any good, they wouldn't need it.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined
23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined Jan 15, 2013, 18:45 sauron

Axis wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 15:07:
Oh here's Dades quote on GW2. Just so I can say I told you this guy is always full of shit:

Dades wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 23:0:
It sold over 5 million copies already and has a pretty stable ongoing revenue stream in the shop. If that's not a success I don't know what is.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

No offense, but going back 6 weeks just to prove you were right is kind of sad.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined
22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined Jan 15, 2013, 18:31 sauron

I am still playing - at 250 hours and loving it. Servers still full, everyone seems to be having a good time.

Only downside is that I haven't gotten to my own backlog of games.

Kittens!

17. Re: Bolognese Jan 14, 2013, 20:04 sauron

WarPig wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 19:41:
Anyone care to try it?

Sure, I'll try it.

So who's going to make it?

Well, that didn't turn out exactly as intended...

I guess I can take a stab at it.

Hmmm, the recipe calls for bacon, and I seem to be all out... *sharpens knife and looks at WarPig*

Kittens!

15. Bolognese Jan 14, 2013, 18:16 sauron

Good article on the BBC today about Bologna and its tradition for meat dishes, and it even includes links to several versions of Bolognese sauce:

BBC article on Bologna and its food

Edit - also found a so-called authentic Bolognese recipe - which apparently exists and is authorized by the mayor and city council of Bologna:

official Bolognese sauce!

Anyone care to try it?

Kittens!

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
2. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2013, 13:38 sauron

oops, dp ^^  

Kittens!

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
1. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2013, 13:36 sauron

I don't agree with a lot of the nominations in that document. It seems pretty thin and unimaginative. Good example: Diablo III is nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Online Gameplay. Why?

Personally I would have awarded D3 the Golden Turkey Prize for Disappointing your Customers During Online Gameplay, and given the real trophy to a more deserving title (of which there are several, notably Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2).

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2013, 13:29 sauron

DG wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 12:57:
Was that Bill & Ted filming that BMW?

I thought they were driving it...

Kittens!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 21:13 sauron

Welp, I went 3/4 and was close to 4/4 if the Broncos hadn't choked.

I'll be sending the orcs over in the morning to take an accounting, but am not sure whether to dispatch them to Denver or to Ray Lewis's domicile. If the latter, we might need more orcs. He kind of bad ass.

Hey, did anyone else see that Time Warner cable has a bunch of old movies on HD On Demand? Watched The Untouchables on Friday night in HD for 3 clams. God De Niro is good as Al Capone in that movie.

Kittens!

News Comments > Op Ed
65. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 15:28 sauron

Beamer wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 15:20:
Should we ask Snooki what she thinks about guns?

She went on record as saying she likes big pistols.

And yes, I'll be here all week.

Kittens!

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 15:06 sauron

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 14:50:
The facts don't lie, the states in which these incidents are happening tend to have the strictest gun laws already and are blue states. I'm sorry if the truth offends you but that's the truth.

If those were concealed carry states or counties, perhaps the shooter would have been the only one killed in any of these incidents.

Honestly, you don't know anything about the facts and are pulling everything you say out of your ass.

Here are the facts:

Real, actual data

Completely random, as you can see.

Now stop posting and go away. You're embarrassing yourself.

Kittens!

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 14:40 sauron

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 14:18:
When you have those on the left like Piers Morgan claiming to respect the 2nd amendment, then in the same breath referring to the Constitution as "your little book"...

It's also interesting to me that the places where these incidents are taking place tend to have no carry laws already on the books and are generally majority democrat states.

Piers Morgan is actually a right-winger and widely reviled by the left wing media (and most everyone else). His problem isn't that he's a liberal, it's that he's British, which is almost as bad.

Your second paragraph linking gun incidents to Democrat states is offensive, wack-job, tinfoil hat bullshit and you should be ashamed of yourself. I sure as hell am.

Kittens!

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 13:58 sauron

Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 13:49:
I hadn't even heard of the Aurora guy being alive still.

He was judged fit to stand trial yesterday, and is facing 166 counts of murder and attempted murder, including 12 counts of premeditated first degree murder with malice and indifference. Arraignment postponed earlier today.

Kittens!

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 13:44 sauron

Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 13:28:
And unfortunately, deterrents won't help prevent this kind of tragedy, because so far every single nutbag has wound up killing himself. (Afaik.) You can threaten people with a million years in jail plus hardcore gangrape every day, but it won't really matter to them if they just kill themselves at the end of their shooting spree.

Creston

Well, the guy in Aurora is currently on trial, so I guess not all. But deterrents won't work on these people because they're not rational. They are insane to the point where they engage in mass homicide.

In those cases, prosecuting the offenders is too late - you have to regulate the mechanism of supply. However, while background checks of criminal records are relatively easy, medical records are routinely protected, especially psychiatric records.

So how can you tell if someone buying a black gun is under treatment for paranoid schizophrenia? Because that's what a lot of the perpetrators have. Their paranoia makes them more likely to seek out weapons, and their condition makes them completely irrational, so you have no idea what they're going to do with the weapons they have at any given time.

Kittens!

1430 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo