Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1436 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Plans
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 10:23 sauron

Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 10:08:
sauron wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 08:14:
Axis wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 21:58:
Dades wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 21:42:
Loving the Necro tweaks they did since I last played, PVP survivability is even better. I hope the new storyline is a pretty big one encompassing a bunch of different zones.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

^ I've never seen someone try so hard to keep the make believe alive...

Logging in and reading the forums is easy enough to know exactly what's going on (or not) with GW2.

Aren't you the guy who went back six weeks just to show everyone how you won an argument with Dades? I've never seen you do anything on this forum other than troll him. Uh... get a room?

I'm loving this game - a quarter of the way to a Legendary weapon and really having a good time with the road to it. Very fun.

Seems many here at BluesNews believes trolling is when someone speaks truth or opinion which isn't what a little circle of friends want to hear.

I'm not afraid to call people on bullshit - you type it and it's bullshit it's your own idiocy, not mine for pointing it out.

No, we're not afraid to hear other opinions. However, your contributions are not really valuable.

If you want to be taken seriously, be more adult. For example, don't go back six weeks to dig up a post just to win an ephemeral and meaningless internet argument. That kind of thing is really immature.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Plans
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 08:14 sauron

Axis wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 21:58:
Dades wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 21:42:
Loving the Necro tweaks they did since I last played, PVP survivability is even better. I hope the new storyline is a pretty big one encompassing a bunch of different zones.

^ I've never seen someone try so hard to keep the make believe alive...

Logging in and reading the forums is easy enough to know exactly what's going on (or not) with GW2.

Aren't you the guy who went back six weeks just to show everyone how you won an argument with Dades? I've never seen you do anything on this forum other than troll him. Uh... get a room?

I'm loving this game - a quarter of the way to a Legendary weapon and really having a good time with the road to it. Very fun.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
35. Re: Meh... Jan 22, 2013, 17:23 sauron

Axis wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 16:29:
Pretty simple formula for success these days.

1. Long beta (a year or so) with sustained player-base.
2. competent developers who listen to said playerbase.

If these two happen, the game will succeed. If not, it's bound to fail.

Last MMO with that formula was, love it or hate it, WoW.

GW2 did it as well and are still doing so after release. Their devs post on the official forums frequently, answering questions and taking suggestions.

Not sure I could do that, for any MMO. Rabid fanbases for those games - people spend years (sometimes decades!) playing them.

Kittens!

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:14 sauron

NKD wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 14:57:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 14:48:
Such unfounded negativity...

I'm looking forward to this.

Unfounded? Really? It's a Skyrim skin for WoW.

Honestly, I don't think so at all. I play MMOs but hate WoW. This looks like a persistent version of Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim - I think it looks really terrific.

And honestly, all MMOs are not the same. FFXI/FFXIV/Aion are slow grinders (ugh), WoW is cartoonish high-number raiding (not my thing at all), and GW2 is beautiful, laid-back and casual-friendly (love it).

It's just a question of what TES Online will bring to the table in terms of gameplay. Will it be new and fun, or not?

Kittens!

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:08 sauron

Well DANG, that's quite a trailer!

Will have to be good to drag me away from GW2 but it looks really, really promising.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 17:20 sauron

Meatloaf, gravy, mashed taters and peas, and a pint of IPA. Life doesn't get any better.  

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2013, 09:41 sauron

On a football-related theme, this is the best Penny Arcade I've seen in some time:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2013, 08:24 sauron

Wow, early update is early!

I'll also go for the Pats and Niners this week. Would set up a great Superbowl!

Kittens!

News Comments > More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement
8. Re: More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement Jan 17, 2013, 22:42 sauron

Wait what? How can I play this when I haven't even started The Witcher 2 yet? Or Deus Ex? Or Skyrim? OMG

I need to find more spare time - may need to fake my own death. How to do that? Well, there is this old ring, and those elves and hobbits will believe any old rumor. Hmm...

Kittens!

News Comments > Warface Closed Beta Underway
18. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Jan 17, 2013, 21:01 sauron

Warboobs.

Picture on the cover of well-endowed babes in camo berets and not much else, riding in a jeep and pointing at a tank full of sharks with lazer guns on their heads.

You can put the check in the mail.

Kittens!

News Comments > Warface Closed Beta Underway
4. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Jan 17, 2013, 15:12 sauron

Most unappealing name for a game since Wargasm? You decide. Makes me think of 13 year olds with too much testosterone.

Should have called it Warpig, with the opposition as Masters of Reality . Low-slung Ozzy / Sabbath vibe, oooh yeah.

Kittens!

News Comments > Free DLC with Dishonored Purchase
10. Re: Free DLC with Dishonored Purchase Jan 17, 2013, 14:44 sauron

I wanted to get Xenoblade Chronicles last year but Gamestop bought exclusive rights and then distributed a total of like 10 copies throughout the American continent. Those 10 copies now sell on EBay for $150. It's actually easier to get a copy from Japan.

Typical Gamestop cluelessness. If there's a bad decision to make, they go ahead and make it. I don't shop there anymore.

Kittens!

News Comments > Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month
17. Re: Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month Jan 17, 2013, 14:37 sauron

I must be the only guy in the world that has never played Halo. Still have not forgiven Bungie for selling out to Microsoft, or Microsoft for making it XBox-exclusive and then using it to market Vista. They can kiss my undead sorceror's ass.

The Master Chief is just a corporate symbol used by idiots in suits to sell things. If the products were any good, they wouldn't need it.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined
23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined Jan 15, 2013, 18:45 sauron

Axis wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 15:07:
Oh here's Dades quote on GW2. Just so I can say I told you this guy is always full of shit:

Dades wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 23:0:
It sold over 5 million copies already and has a pretty stable ongoing revenue stream in the shop. If that's not a success I don't know what is.

No offense, but going back 6 weeks just to prove you were right is kind of sad.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined
22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined Jan 15, 2013, 18:31 sauron

I am still playing - at 250 hours and loving it. Servers still full, everyone seems to be having a good time.

Only downside is that I haven't gotten to my own backlog of games.

Kittens!

17. Re: Bolognese Jan 14, 2013, 20:04 sauron

WarPig wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 19:41:
Anyone care to try it?

Sure, I'll try it.

So who's going to make it?

Well, that didn't turn out exactly as intended...

I guess I can take a stab at it.

Hmmm, the recipe calls for bacon, and I seem to be all out... *sharpens knife and looks at WarPig*

Kittens!

15. Bolognese Jan 14, 2013, 18:16 sauron

Good article on the BBC today about Bologna and its tradition for meat dishes, and it even includes links to several versions of Bolognese sauce:

BBC article on Bologna and its food

Edit - also found a so-called authentic Bolognese recipe - which apparently exists and is authorized by the mayor and city council of Bologna:

official Bolognese sauce!

Anyone care to try it?

Kittens!

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
2. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2013, 13:38 sauron

oops, dp ^^  

Kittens!

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
1. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2013, 13:36 sauron

I don't agree with a lot of the nominations in that document. It seems pretty thin and unimaginative. Good example: Diablo III is nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Online Gameplay. Why?

Personally I would have awarded D3 the Golden Turkey Prize for Disappointing your Customers During Online Gameplay, and given the real trophy to a more deserving title (of which there are several, notably Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2).

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2013, 13:29 sauron

DG wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 12:57:
Was that Bill & Ted filming that BMW?

I thought they were driving it...

Kittens!

1436 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo