Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1442 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 18:13 sauron

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:56:
Just for the record I am predicting Jets supremacy next season

We're having some trouble in the dungeon here at Barad-Dur. We can't use the torture machines on Jets fans. They actually enjoy it.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 18:03 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:52:
sauron wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:06:
I'm actually pretty worried about the Giants' O line and running game next year. Without a good ground game, opposition defenses are going to focus even more on Eli and he had no protection the second half of this season. He got sacked so often, he looked punch drunk a couple of times at the end of games.

Are you kidding me? Eli was only sacked 19 times in 2012 - which ranks him at #34 out of 49 QBs. Rodgers - #1 on the sack list - was sacked 51. 51 times!!! An average of over 4 sacks a game! That's dealing with more sacks than a medieval grain merchant! That's why you see me bitch so long and loud about the Green Bay O-line. If we had a good O-line we'd be unstoppable!

The sentence in bold made me LOL.

And yeah, Eli wasn't battered hard early in the season, but the second half it seemed like he took a pasting. No way Rodgers should have to deal with that kind of thing either - 51 sacks is enough to fill a warehouse.

Kittens!

News Comments > BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References "A Disservice"
40. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 18:00 sauron

Rigs wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 17:56:
And you're right, it doesn't have to be the Mass Effect universe, but it would be nice to have a big-budget space-combat sim...

=-Rigs-=

Heck, at this point I'd LOVE a Freespace 3. Independence War 3 even more so. IWar2 is my definition of a dynamite space sim - even includes the physics.

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 13:06 sauron

dardin wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 12:47:
I will also miss Bradshaw and I mourn the loss of such a great guy. His passion for the game and dedication to the team since he joined them is unquestionable. That being said I felt this is the right move by the Giants. Unfortunately he has some serious ongoing injuries that really have the poor guy probably on the downside of his career. The Giants simply could not afford to continue paying that kind of salary for someone who has not been 100% in a couple years now.

Yeah, I feel the same. Great player and good guy but starting to slow down on account of the injuries. I hope the young backs they have can replace him.

I'm actually pretty worried about the Giants' O line and running game next year. Without a good ground game, opposition defenses are going to focus even more on Eli and he had no protection the second half of this season. He got sacked so often, he looked punch drunk a couple of times at the end of games.

Kittens!

News Comments > BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References "A Disservice"
26. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References Feb 7, 2013, 12:57 sauron

I still have ME2 sitting in my list of games to play. Tried it for a couple of hours and just couldn't get into it. So weird - RPGs are my favorite genre.

It just seemed kind of synthetic and I couldn't relate to any of the characters - their personalities had no depth.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Announced
3. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Announced Feb 7, 2013, 08:14 sauron

SS wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 00:39:
The name sounds a bit lovecraftian. Definitely interested.

Ya, reminds me of Lovecraft's stories about Randolph Carter, the Dreamer who disappeared. Pretty great. This could be interesting.

I can't think of a really good Call of Cthulhu videogame - there have been a couple of attempts but they've focused on the horror aspect. Lovecraft's fiction is a lot deeper than that. The pen and paper RPG captures the atmosphere much more successfully.

Kittens!

News Comments > Metacritic Game Publisher Rankings
5. Re: Metacritic Game Publisher Rankings Feb 6, 2013, 20:57 sauron

Both Xenoblade Chronicles and Dragon's Dogma made that list of hit games, but the former is almost unavailable in the US due to Gamestop signing an exclusive distribution deal and then not distributing, while the latter is restricted in terms of platform.

I'd LOVE to play both titles and am sure many others would as well. Why are there restrictions? There's money to be made - reviews of both games are stellar.

Kittens!

News Comments > WoW Currency Conversions
10. Re: WoW Currency Conversions Feb 6, 2013, 20:33 sauron

Fion wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 15:25:
I think the real question deqer is why would you continue pay to play for those reasons.

I personally stopped playing WoW when GW2 came out and hit me in the face with the realization that I was paying for the privilege to sit around in town while waiting for my raid/random to start so I could go after that 1% drop or gather my points to spend in rainbow sunshine gear. What a TREMENDOUS waste of money.

Say what ya will about GW2 but I've gotten far more fun, and far more regular (and content packed) updates to the game in the ~6 months it's been out than in the ~6 years I put into WoW.. sans the $4000 or so I put into that game.

I feel the same - have had more fun in GW2 than I did in 8 years of FFXI, barring a 2 year period when I was a core member of a really amazing guild of great folks. But that was all about people - the FFXI game mechanics got in the way but we still had a wonderful time. In GW2 the mechanics are designed to enable, not hinder the fun. The potential for good times is much, much greater.

The old ways of MMOs are done. I think everything new in the genre that arrives will have been colored by the changes GW2 has brought to the table. And that's a really good thing.

Kittens!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2013, 16:23 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 15:07:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 14:27:
Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 12:19:
Beamer wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 10:45:
Pancakes = flapjacks.

While we're at it, football != soccer, and there's no u in "color."

In the English language there is a U. Only Americans are lazy enough more efficient to want to drop a letter because it's too much work to insert it.
Fixed. How many hours of your life have been wasted writing that extra 'u'? Face it, Americans just do things better.

I might have given you that one had you guys not invented texting and Twitter which are completely destroying the English language. Most kids are barely functionally literate because of that crap today.

Literacy of College Graduates Is on Decline

Literacy experts and educators say they are stunned by the results of a recent adult literacy assessment, which shows that the reading proficiency of college graduates has declined in the past decade, with no obvious explanation.

"It's appalling -- it's really astounding," said Michael Gorman, president of the American Library Association and a librarian at California State University at Fresno. "Only 31 percent of college graduates can read a complex book and extrapolate from it. That's not saying much for the remainder."

AWL YOU"RE UR FAWLT!

Fixed!

Kittens!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year
29. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 16:19 sauron

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 15:27:
European developers are generally less restricted. If you aim for a USK18 rating in Germany (largest market in the EU) you basically get away with everything except glorification of violence against humans

That sounds more reasonable than the system here in the US.

Then again, it's subjective and I'm originally from Europe.

Kittens!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2013, 12:23 sauron

My wife makes banana oatmeal pancakes and the kids really love them. My 7 year old can eat 3 (small ones) at a sitting and would probably ask for more if she thought she could get them. I just eat one, no butter or syrup, rolled up with a cup of strong coffee. Now that's a good breakfast.  

Kittens!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year
15. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 12:18 sauron

PHJF wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 08:43:
How much sexier can they make Triss???

A lot of games are happy to show violence but very few are really comfortable with sex. The Witcher games are totally fine with it, which I kind of like - there's no double standard.

Not sure why they're that way - European developer?

Kittens!

30. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 18:37 sauron

Verno wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 14:58:
siapnar wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 11:38:
So I don't really know the whole murder story behind Ray Lewis, but there seems to be a lot of hate for him here.

Is it because you think he did commit murder, or is it because he snitched on his friends at a whim, or is it something he did in his NFL career?

Please give me some quick coles notes

Many people believe he got away with murder due to status and money, there's not a lot of backstory beyond the incident itself. I'm not sure a guy who has had 5 wives and 4 children is really the type of role model I want youth looking up to either but I guess we're dealing with a league where people have much worse backgrounds so that's neither here nor there.

Hey Verno, how is Ni No Kuni? And is it coming to any other platforms? It has my JRPG sense a-tingling.

Kittens!

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Feb 4, 2013, 14:44 sauron

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 12:18:
Loads of people are calling it the new best RPG ever, of all time, so there must be something to it. If it comes out on PC I'll take a look, otherwise it'll end up on my list of PS3 games I want to play but can't be arsed to get around to.

Why is it not on Wii? Kids would be all over that game. Doesn't make sense.

Kittens!

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 14:40 sauron

InBlack wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 09:18:
I had no idea cats had double the neruons of dogs. I assume they meant dogs of comparable size. Respect.

Sadly, all those neurons are devoted to pouncing on small objects and becoming stuck in stupid places.

That's the thing with cats. The hardware has great potential, but the software was coded by Derek Smart.

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2013, 16:08 sauron

I'm a bit late with my prediction for the SB compared with the rest of the bunch here on Blues', mainly because I'm not sure who will win!

I'm going with the 49ers, but have a feeling it might not turn out as planned. I can see Kaepernick not finishing the game, and maybe Lewis getting called for a bad foul...

Welp, let's see what happens.

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 11:09 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:31:
Question for our friends across the pond in Britannia. Yesterday I heard an English chap refer to makeup as "slap" - he said, 'She looks pretty good without the slap.' Now I know woman always say 'Let me slap on some makeup.' But I've never heard someone refer to it that way before. Do people in Britain actually refer to it as that?

I'm originally from London although I've been in NYC for 15 years. Never heard it called that in either city. Sounds like fake cockney slang, unless the guy's genuinely from East/South London.

A slapper, on the other hand, is a lady of questionable virtue and/or appearance. That one's used all over the south of England, usually by greasy youths in dodgy nightclubs (as in 'I don't like yours much... proper slapper').

Kittens!

News Comments > Pandora: First Contact Announced
5. Re: Pandora: First Contact Announced Feb 1, 2013, 09:20 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 23:09:
ViRGE wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 20:07:
What the heck is with naming every planet Pandora lately? They couldn't think of something else even a little more unique?

Seriously. The fact that it's named Pandora makes me want to skip it . And 4x is one of my favorite genres.

So in this case the headline would be "Pandora: First Contact - No Contract"?

Kittens!

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's REDengine3 Details - The Witcher 3 Image?
2. Re: CD Projekt RED's REDengine3 Details - The Witcher 3 Image? Feb 1, 2013, 09:18 sauron

nin wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 09:15:
I think I'm a lot more excited about Cyberpunk, but anything from these guys is welcome.

Yep, at this point I'll play anything they release.

Kittens!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2013, 20:45 sauron

Marlin can go to 1500 lbs - although black marlin are not quite as big. Can see that kind of thing going south pretty easily.

Biggest thing I've ever hooked is tuna once or twice out on boats. Always feels like I'm trying to reel in a Nascar, never managed to land one. Trying to bring in a marlin must be like trying to get a Saturn V back down to earth.

Kittens!

1442 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo