Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1443 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Login Change
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Login Change Mar 6, 2013, 12:38 sauron

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 11:28:
My money, they gave me only 250K of my 10 Million credits and put the rest in Escrow.

You canít even touch it unless you pay to play the game, then they unlock it. fuck that shit, these are things that should be there by default and not taken away from the player. This is why EA fails at most things they do and why SWTOR is a failed MMO.

Wow, that's terrible. No way I'd play if a dev/publisher did that to me.

My old FFXI guildies are trying to get me to go back and play FFXIV with them, but I'm not buying it - looks too static and old-fashioned. Nice folks but I think I'm over the old-school MMO thing.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
16. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 12:33 sauron

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 12:29:
nin wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 12:00:
Fuck it, I'm in.

OK, I'm blaming YOU if it sucks. And not my own weak willpower, who probably pledged before you did.

It's fine, I'll be the bitch this time around. Everyone can blame me if it sucks.

Creston

Hey, if you're not comfortable being the villain of the piece you can just hand it off to me.

Or to some of these evil kittens I have right here *shows evil kittens to audience*.

Kittens!

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live
7. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter Live Mar 6, 2013, 12:06 sauron

The team looks like it's the right one, and it was clearly put together carefully. Colin McComb and Monte Cook for starters. I can see why they already got half a million. It will break target really easily.

I'm going to back it myself and can't wait. Heck, I'll even send over a few hobbit slaves with some tea and cakes.

Kittens!

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Crowdfunding This Week
16. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Crowdfunding This Week Mar 5, 2013, 16:44 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 21:59:
sauron wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 21:52:
The key name here is Monte Cook. If he's really involved, it WILL be the spiritual successor to Planescape:Torment, because he's the guy who envisioned the whole Planescape setting from day 1 and may be the most talented tabletop RPG designer currently working.

If Cook is really part of the team for this, then all bets are off and it could be fantastic. But it's a big IF.

Can't you see we're having a hatefest here? Go back to Barad Dur so we can be pissed in peace.

Also, aren't you pissed they stole some of your nomenclature?

It was a business arrangement.

They got the nomenclature, and in return they gave me Fall-From-Grace. Currently my housekeeper and French maid.

Good deal all around, I'd say. She's not much of a cook though.

Kittens!

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Crowdfunding This Week
4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Crowdfunding This Week Mar 4, 2013, 21:52 sauron

The key name here is Monte Cook. If he's really involved, it WILL be the spiritual successor to Planescape:Torment, because he's the guy who envisioned the whole Planescape setting from day 1 and may be the most talented tabletop RPG designer currently working.

If Cook is really part of the team for this, then all bets are off and it could be fantastic. But it's a big IF.

Kittens!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week
22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2013, 14:05 sauron

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 13:43:
Has AC fixed the problem where I look like a retarded loon who recently looted the costume rental store and in no way look like the locals around me?

Because nothing says "professional assassin" like "sticking out like a sore, antediluvian thumb".

Honestly, if you look like that and you're hanging out around a bunch of pirates, you'll fit right in. Perfect camouflage. Problem solved!

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches
12. Re: Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches Feb 27, 2013, 16:18 sauron

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 14:59:
They are getting slammed pretty hard in the forums. Not going over very well at all.
Devs are bunkered down and not responding.

I'm actually liking the changes in this patch a lot. Apparently WvWvW loot drops are greatly increased, and drops from bosses are increased. I never really enjoyed fractals and am happy they are now optional. I like being in the open world, and am doing world completion. And I like some vertical progression - just so long as it isn't ring-fenced such that only the hardcore have access to it.

For me GW2 succeeds on all fronts. Sorry some of the other posters don't agree. I do think the tone on the forums yesterday was pretty negative but today it seems to be better. Some things that initially looked restrictive look to have been balanced by increasing drop rates or progression in other areas.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches
3. Re: Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches Feb 27, 2013, 10:21 sauron

Verno wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 09:18:
Item preview in the Trading Post, finally. No clue why that took so long. That is a pretty massive update, I'll have to hop in tonight and see what's up. I've only been PVPing a few times a week lately.

They need to be faster with fixes in the future.

I still log in every night and am now halfway to a Legendary weapon plus have a bunch of Ascended gear. I really like the game and they seem to be adding a lot of content even before the first major expansion.

I think the longevity is going to be good, which is rather unfortunate since I have a long list of other games I also wanted to play but haven't even looked at yet because of GW2.

Kittens!

News Comments > AMD's Hair-Raising Tech
34. Re: AMD's Hair-Raising Tech Feb 27, 2013, 08:18 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 11:34:
What about the FunbagsFX tech? That's much more important!

^This. We want FXtraJigglz technology!

Kittens!

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer
8. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer Feb 27, 2013, 08:16 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 22:30:
It's looking really date now considering how good Neverwinter looks.

Anyone played Neverwinter? How is it?

It would have to be GREAT to drag me away from GW2. I'm halfway to a Legendary Weapon in that game now.

Kittens!

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow
56. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 14, 2013, 10:34 sauron

Zanderat1 wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 21:06:
sauron wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 19:39:
Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 14:51:
It can't read my CD anymore. It's got that weird thing where it looks like moisture seeped into the CD, which makes it unreadable.

/sympathies. Well, now you can play it again!

And nin, the graphics mod you referred to in an earlier post was probably Reborn. It has some glitches (eg the wrench model vanishes) but the overall impact is excellent.

My main gripe with the game is the infinite respawns - wish I could turn them off. I know it adds to the tension but I already finished it more than once and at this point I'm just playing to take in details I missed previously.
You can turn off infinite respawns in the game's user.cfg file with the "no_spawn" command.

Thanks!

Kittens!

40. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 20:06 sauron

nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 19:46:
sauron wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 19:44:
nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 14:57:
Speaking of creepy! We need to get Undying on gog!

I still have that lying around somewhere. Couldn't finish it - too scary!

I agree. I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to scary games, and that one was spoooooky!

edit: I'm assuming this is where you can vote, if you've not already.

Thanks! I voted but am still not sure I could finish it even now.

By the way, I notice Grim Fandango is one of the most requested games on the GOG site. It happens to be a LucasArts game - I wonder if it's one of the titles currently under negotiation? One of my favorites - a wonderful game indeed.

Kittens!

37. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 19:44 sauron

nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 14:57:
Speaking of creepy! We need to get Undying on gog!

I still have that lying around somewhere. Couldn't finish it - too scary!

Kittens!

35. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 19:39 sauron

Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 14:51:
It can't read my CD anymore. It's got that weird thing where it looks like moisture seeped into the CD, which makes it unreadable.

/sympathies. Well, now you can play it again!

And nin, the graphics mod you referred to in an earlier post was probably Reborn. It has some glitches (eg the wrench model vanishes) but the overall impact is excellent.

My main gripe with the game is the infinite respawns - wish I could turn them off. I know it adds to the tension but I already finished it more than once and at this point I'm just playing to take in details I missed previously.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2013, 19:45.

Kittens!

7. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 11:09 sauron

nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 10:03:
Looks like the interview mentions steam, too...I may be gifting the fuck out of that at xmas...

The guy from GOG says towards the end of the interview that the next targets for signature are several LucasArts games. TIE fighter would be so awesome.

I already have it (even the 3D accelerated version), but that game and XWing would be great on GOG.

Kittens!

4. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 09:57 sauron

nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 09:54:
Yeah, I dug out my cd last fall when the patch showed up, but getting this online is a great thing.

Yep, I also have this currently installed, along with the new patch and the Rebirth high-poly model mod. It's great that the game will now be available for everyone that doesn't already own it. It's a classic.

Kittens!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today Feb 12, 2013, 12:22 sauron

Is this the patch that makes it goo....

Eh nevermind.

Kittens!

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Issue
20. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Issue Feb 12, 2013, 09:28 sauron

Tom wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 17:48:
Was thinking about picking up *insert name of game here* on sale but GFWL was the dealbreaker.

Fixed for truth. If it has GFWL on the (virtual) box it does not enter my house. Too much potential for software-related nonsense.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 11, 2013, 12:07 sauron

Ya, this is in the NY Times as well (subscription required):

iChrono?

Kittens!

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Feb 11, 2013, 12:02 sauron

Beamer wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 10:37:
Yup.

I think this is less "how can we rip kids off as much as possible" (see: Beanie Babies, pogs) and more "how can I make something that would have blown my 8-10 year old mind?" (see: Pokemon.)

That doesn't mean clever marketing isn't part of it, but if the people are making something to sell a lot it will fail. Kids can sense that. It has to legitimately be fun and something of a labor of love.

Agree strongly. My kids LOVE this game, they even saved up the money to buy the sequel themselves (although I eventually bought it for them for Xmas). They are 7 and 9, both girls.

Like Pokemon, the appeal is across a broad age range and both genders. Genius.

Kittens!

1443 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo