Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1477 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2013, 15:11 sauron

nin wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 16:37:
It is insane how much that game has sold. I wish they'd release numbers

I agree. Would love to see those...

Same here. I just started playing it.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Battling Through "Legal Hell"?
25. Re: Baldur's Gate III Battling Through Jun 24, 2013, 15:09 sauron

Was hoping to play this on my Android pad. Oh well...

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 14:58 sauron

Sony dunked this one (and MS) like Karl Malone back in the day. And I'm not even a Sony fan, I play games on PC or Android tablet. But the strategy and execution were great. They kept it really simple, and for once they listened to their audience and their PR people, who were both saying the same thing.

Gamers don't like systems that require always-on internet, they like to be able to trade in and buy used games, and they like good value. Gamers outside the US/Western Europe/Japan even more so. Sony gave the audience what they wanted, and in the process royally screwed MS, giving themselves a huge advantage for years to come. Easy win for them, all they had to do was nothing. Battle didn't start yet and it's already over.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer
14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 14:47 sauron

Molag Bal was telling me all about this at our weekly poker night, over a roast hobbit and a few ales. He's pretty stoked about it.

I may have to give ESO a shot, especially since GW2 is no longer scratching that MMO itch for me. GW2 is great but I basically finished all the content, so now I need something new.

Kittens!

News Comments > Halo: Spartan Assault Announced for Windows 8
23. Re: Halo: Spartan Assault Announced for Windows 8 Jun 4, 2013, 13:36 sauron

Available only for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8

Good luck with that...

Kittens!

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2013, 12:56 sauron

I don't go for Apple stuff - I don't like the gateway software they put in everything. If I want to add an album to my music list, I prefer drag and drop, NOT ITunes.

But Apple stores are still the highest profit retail in America, I think, in terms of dollar per square foot at least. Even with all those stoners on the payroll, I guess they're doing something right.

Kittens!

News Comments > 15 Unreal Years
20. Re: 15 Unreal Years May 23, 2013, 11:33 sauron

nin wrote on May 22, 2013, 20:27:
What was the last good epic pc release? UT 2004?

Need to reinstall UT 99...

Yep, 2004 was great but I played more of the original UT - especially CTF. In fact, I also played the heck out of the Unreal team DM in botmatch - those bots were the first ones I ever saw that had decent AI. Good times all around.

Sadly, like every other PC gamer, I haven't touched an Epic release since 2004.

Kittens!

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2013, 15:05 sauron

Creston wrote on May 22, 2013, 14:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 22, 2013, 14:17:
Photos of Tornado Damage in Moore, Oklahoma. Thanks nin.

Sad and sick. I noticed most of it looks like new construction. They just don't build em as strong as they used to.

Good look building something that will withstand an EF5... Unless it's made out of alloyed steel that's sunk about 30 feet into the ground, it's going to get obliterated.

But yeah, the photos are terrible. Saw one today of a lady hugging the body of her dead doggie they'd dug up out of the rubble, and that really fucking tore at me.

Creston

The ones of the medical center that was hit really shocked me. The walls are concrete, but the tornado blew big sharp pieces of metal and wood deep into them. I guess 200mph winds will do that. I dread to think what would happen to a living person outside in that.

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2013, 09:01 sauron

Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor.

I'll be surprised if Weiner doesn't win, honestly. He's probably the most capable of the democratic candidates - the others are union stooges or minor members of the current administration.

Plus, every hack journalist in the city is gonna be voting for him, not to mention all the hotdog vendors, lol. It's gonna be pun city out there.

Kittens!

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale May 22, 2013, 08:50 sauron

Narf2029 wrote on May 22, 2013, 02:24:
$30 is the magic number for me there as well. Just don't have $50 of interest in it, and I certainly didn't have $60 of interest.

I think it's the only game I have bought at full price in the last 6 or 7 years, and it was worth it. Actually, I'm still playing it 9 months later! Definitely got my $60 value out of it, and then some.

Kittens!

News Comments > Square Enix's "Extraordinary" Losses
27. Re: Square Enix's May 14, 2013, 17:18 sauron

ViRGE wrote on May 13, 2013, 14:36:
Cram wrote on May 13, 2013, 14:15:
Jerykk wrote on May 13, 2013, 12:27:
Step 2: Cancel all Final Fantasy games.

Curious to see Final Fantasy XV's reveal at E3. Will I laugh, or cry?
You'll laugh until you'll cry.

In all seriousness though, as much as I hate to berate FF, between 13 and 14 Square seems to have gone completely off track. And I don't think they really understand why that is.

Don't know about 13, but 14 was awful. Even the diehard FFXI fans won't play it. Ridiculous hardware requirements aside, the gameplay is really, really, really out of date.

It's like the 2013 version of Everquest or FFXI - they haven't learned a single thing from other MMO titles in the lat decade.

Kittens!

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2013, 12:45 sauron

Blue wrote on May 14, 2013, 11:29:
Cutter wrote on May 14, 2013, 11:26:
Haha that NYC thing is good.

And spot-on. :)

Yeah, it really is!

And that eagle takes the fish AND the line AND the sinker, and almost gets the rod as well. Very funny.

Kittens!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer
4. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer May 14, 2013, 12:38 sauron

nin wrote on May 14, 2013, 11:53:
Cutter wrote on May 14, 2013, 11:46:
Black Flag? So wth is Henry Rollins then?

Love his spoken word/standup and books... picked this up a couple of weeks ago, signed.

Me too - the Spoken Word and the Damaged LP were both amazing.

In this AC game, you'll be swinging on ship's rigging above the ocean. So you literally could end up jumping the shark!

And yes I'll be here all week.

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2013, 11:41 sauron

nin wrote on May 8, 2013, 11:03:
Cutter wrote on May 8, 2013, 11:00:
And the Beastie Boys are doing a fundraiser to help generate funds for Adam Yauch Park. Too bad the watches are sold out because they're definitely fresher than any Gucci watch!

Cutter, did you hear about this? Can't wait...

Sounds good - I'd be interested in that as well.

I got a copy of Paul's Boutique recently, it has so many samples, references and layers of sound it takes me like an hour just to listen to one song...

Kittens!

37. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2013, 10:25 sauron

Acleacius wrote on May 7, 2013, 18:25:
sauron wrote on May 7, 2013, 10:31:
...Any advice for mods very welcome - I already installed the improved UI since the original is awful. The game otherwise is fantastic and runs beautifully on my machine - much less of a system hog than Oblivion. It's like playing a movie....
Top 100 on the most popular download site. You have to be logged in to see it, since it contains Adult Content (i.e. nude mods).
Top 100 most endorsed files

Thanks!

Kittens!

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2013, 16:48 sauron

eRe4s3r wrote on May 7, 2013, 16:20:
But there are soooooo many pretty trees.. impossible to keep focused.. especially since the main story isn't all that enticing...

Also.. Kittens!

Kittens to you too, Mister!

Careful with the fluffy ones though. They may look cute but they're plotting wold domination.

Kittens!

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2013, 16:09 sauron

Cutter wrote on May 7, 2013, 15:13:
Agent.X7 wrote on May 7, 2013, 13:49:
Cutter wrote on May 7, 2013, 12:18:
And a cure for HIV months away?! Wow! That really is effing remarkable.

Uh, go back and re-read that. Results from a test are months away. If it works, the cure is years away. Says so right in the article.

Still, it's impressive as hell. A very possible cure inside of 5 years? Wow. And meanwhile the Cancer industry does almost nothing except collect money over the last 60+ years.

No offense but that's not true AT ALL. A colleague of mine just lost his wife to cancer after a 13 year battle. Without the drug she was taking (Avastin), she would have been dead inside 2 years. It bought her more than a decade of quality time. She was in her 70s by the time she died.

HIV is very complicated but the number of tools it has to survive are finite. Cancer is much more difficult - hundreds of genes can contribute to the loss of cell cycle control that triggers neoplasia. Hundreds more can be coopted by cancer cells to promote their own invasion and survival.

Kittens!

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2013, 14:15 sauron

Verno wrote on May 7, 2013, 13:50:
Ratty wrote on May 7, 2013, 12:49:
Oh you kids and your fancy graphics, vocalized dialog and regenerating health. Fact: Daggerfall >>> Skyrim > Morrowind > Oblivion > Arena.

If the criteria is rat killing, falling through the world map and other fun bugs, sure Daggerfall wins

^ Haha, this!

I also saw Plant/Page at Glastonbury in like 1991 but was a bit disappointed. It was the middle of the day and they had an african choir on stage with them. I happen to like african choirs, but not when I'm expecting Zoso to tear the everliving **** out of rock and roll live on stage with his badass guitar. Plus I was a bit high. I suspect Plant/Page and the whole choir probably were as well. Glastonbury's a bit like that.

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2013, 13:36 sauron

eRe4s3r wrote on May 7, 2013, 12:08:
1badmf wrote on May 7, 2013, 11:51:
i tried playing daggerfall. ten years later i tried playing oblivion, but i just don't get it. i don't get how you guys can play on through the lack of any narrative impetus. in both games i just kept fooling around until i got bored and hardly touched the main quest because there was no reason to. my friends who have played it tell me skyrim is the same - they just kept going until they got bored and then dropped it like an enfattenating girlfriend. which is a damn shame because all the elder scrolls games are the pinnacle of world design and rpg-ness.

Pretty much why I always cringe whenever someone calls Skyrim an RPG. It is more an adventure exploration game. It certainly never manages to tell any kind of proper story. Or make you feel something. Most of the time I was just fooling around doing quests to see what they were but not because I cared. And I never cared for a single character in Skyrim. I did in Oblivion though, there was this Argonian Shop Keeper with her Daughter in Chorrol and that is by the heavens the only character I remember of an Elder Scrolls game.

.... I liked Gothic 3 better in some regards....

The games do tell epic stories but you have to stay focused. Even if you choose to do all the Thieves' Guild quests (for example) you have to bear in mind there's a huge overarching narrative that you eventually need to go back to.

Basically, you have to see the forest as a whole, not just all the pretty trees in it.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2013, 13:30 sauron

I use Photoshop and Acrobat Pro at work every day for hours at a time, and Illustrator almost every week. I refuse to pay a subscription - this is a great opportunity for Adobe's major competitors. Impress me and I'll switch, and all my colleagues will as well.

This is just a corporation that feels they have a monopoly and so they should leverage it to the hilt. Bad mistake.

Kittens!

1477 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo