Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1421 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
24. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 12:31 sauron

shinchan0s wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 18:38:
I also think I got Battlefield 3 from one of these giveaways. Not really sure since I haven't felt the need to install Origin.

^ This. I did the exact same thing and haven't installed or played it.

But they do seem to give out free stuff - pretty nice.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2014, 12:29 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 09:13:
Today kicks off the annual San Diego International Comic-Con. I am not in attendance, but I am writing this update while dressed as Wonder Woman. This isn't really cosplay... sometimes I a guy just likes to feel pretty.

Ok, for once I'm not going to ask for pictures.

That's OK, we all have our little fetishes. Sometimes I wear high heels under my Dark Robes of Power. Mrs. Sauron rather likes it. Variety is the spice of life!

Kittens!

News Comments > Rumor: Year-old Dishonored 2 Details
17. Re: Rumor: Year-old Dishonored 2 Details Jul 16, 2014, 09:26 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 13:35:
Suckage wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 12:22:
@sauron

The non-lethal approach is entirely doable in Dishonored. As a Thief junkie this is what sold the game to me.

Agreed!

Oh cool! I didn't realize. Thanks guys.

Hmm, maybe one to pick up, then. Although Divinity: Original Sin also looks kinda great right now.

Kittens!

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
22. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 09:20 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:52:
This game continues to impress the fuck out of me, and I don't even own it. Very quickly moving up the "play later" list...

Same here, nin - it really looks good. So tempted to get it right now, but I still have to finish other games first.

Kittens!

News Comments > Rumor: Year-old Dishonored 2 Details
4. Re: Rumor: Year-old Dishonored 2 Details Jul 15, 2014, 11:10 sauron

Beamer wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 11:02:
Yeah, nothing about it felt "HL2" to me.

I think I've stated here a few times that I hated the first hour or so. But, as I get older, I think I realize I hate the first hour of most games I play. It takes me about that long to get the feel for them. Or, maybe, it takes them that long to get going. Sometimes I stay hating the game, other times (like, recently, this and FC3) I end up loving them.

I almost got it in the Steam summer sale. But then I looked at the trailer and it was too gory for me. Seems strange. I mean, I used to be a veterinarian and part of that job involves euthanasing large animals with a revolver, slaughterhouse inspections, amputations, fixing animals after road traffic accidents etc, and I never had a problem with any of those at all. I guess I'm just getting old...

Anyhow, for me, real gore is apparently OK but computer simulated gore apparently not. And I couldn't handle the pixelated gore in Dishonored.

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2014, 15:37 sauron

Midnight wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 22:34:
Axis wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 21:38:
Rumor has it they are vying for a D&D license...

Oh how I so wish it to be...

I'd kill for a Larian-made Pathfinder game.

Good grief yes! What a great idea!

I still play AD&D first edition, but the content for Pathfinder is really good. Almost as tasty as Planescape.

Kittens!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 13:44 sauron

Blue wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:33:
InBlack wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:09:
Nice. Whats the deal with tick borne diseases in the US? Over here in Europe ticks have been known to carry some nasty shit.

Lyme disease is the number one culprit, but there are others. Our god-daughter got really sick a couple of weeks ago from a tick-borne disease that's apparently just surfaced.

I'd be really careful - I've seen Lyme disease in horses and it can be really nasty. A good repellent is a great idea. I like Off! Deep Woods - not pretty but it definitely works.

Kittens!

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 29, 2014, 17:18 sauron

Anyone tried A Story About my Uncle? It's new on Steam and GOG and looks really fun. Lots of good user feedback and the reviews so far seem very positive.

http://www.gog.com/game/story_about_my_uncle_a

http://store.steampowered.com/app/278360/

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/a-story-about-my-uncle

Kittens!

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears
10. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears May 27, 2014, 15:41 sauron

Kind of annoying that the FW-190 is only available in the Premium Edition. A real WW2 classic, that one.  

Kittens!

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 11:31 sauron

shul wrote on May 27, 2014, 09:31:
Blue, you should come to Israel, we have sugar based Coca Cola because HFCS is not kosher for passover :-)

Or you can just head to Jackson Heights in sunny Queens. Every store there sells Mexican coke. And Polish beer. And Japanese green tea. It's the most mixed neighborhood in the entire US.

Kittens!

News Comments > GOG.com Spring Insomnia Sale
17. Re: GOG.com Spring Insomnia Sale May 13, 2014, 17:08 sauron

I grabbed Arcanum in the 30 seconds it was up before selling out. Wow that one went fast.

I'm on a bit of an old RPG kick right now. Playing through Planescape:Torment, and after that I have Baldur's Gate on my Android pad. I've played PS:T before, but not for around 10 years. With the widescreen/high-res mod and patches, it still looks incredibly good. And the gameplay and story are as ab-so-lutely amazing this time as they were all those years ago.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Kickstarter Roundup
5. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 10:38 sauron

InBlack wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:18:
Also... the best cat simulator is still a real cat. So you can feel neglected and ignored in real-life. ;p

This. Humans are puny slaves in servitude to the feline race.

This x2 - meow!

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2014, 09:35 sauron

nin wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 08:55:
Happy Earth Day! Here's hoping you got the Earth something nice to mark the occasion...

I'm drinking a bottled water right now, does that count?

I'm drinking a hobbit smoothie right now. Does that count?

Full of vitamins and minerals - the perfect start to the day.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack
34. Re: Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack Apr 17, 2014, 11:57 sauron

I've been going through some personal stuff and haven't been on this site recently, just came back this morning. I loved GW2 but after I got all my ascended stuff and legendary shield I had nothing to do except WvWvW, so moved on to FFXIV (which I also haven't played recently due to aforementioned personal stuff).

Is GW2 any more content-heavy now, or is it still the same? If they add a huge new expansion I'll play it like a shot, but until then I don't have anything to do.

Kittens!

News Comments > This Day in Gaming History
5. Re: This Day in Gaming History Dec 2, 2013, 12:37 sauron

Hordes of the Underdark was pretty darn good!

DX:IW, not so much.

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2013, 16:50 sauron

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:46:
Reversible wound closure: Dissolvable dendritic thioester hydrogel for sealing wounds

Holy technobabble Batman! Not even Wesley Crusher would venture that phrase.

I've used cyanoacrylate wound closure gel before, when I was doing work experience on a swill pig farm in the UK. Got an open cut down one finger and the environment was utterly bacteria-saturated - the farmer used to pick up waste food, grind it in a grinder powered by a diesel truck engine, then boil it and feed it to the pigs. Kind of a fun job actually, they were a cool bunch of guys.

The cyano hurt like hell when it went on but the wound didn't get infected. So yeah, stuff like that sure has its uses.

Kittens!

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 15:34 sauron

Verno wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 11:25:
The LOL Vikings and Horribad Giants in a race to the bottom will be the game of the week.

The pictures of both sets of fans wearing bags on their heads should be good for some lulz, as well.

Kittens!

News Comments > DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements
23. Re: DICE on BF4 Solo Play Improvements Oct 9, 2013, 13:24 sauron

Julio wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:57:
maddog wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 10:50:
I am fine with no SP. Just give me MP modes with bots.

Agreed as well, I would buy BF4 if it had bots. Bots don't use hacks/cheats like a lot of the BF3 players do.

I might buy it if it had bots. I like to learn the maps and basic gameplay with bots before starting in on the MP public servers, no matter what the game. This also means I can help my team more when I do start MP, since I have some idea of what I'm doing.

The only game where bots didn't help me at all was Tribes 2 - I can't ski and/or aim a mortar in that one for the life of me. And the only game where I didn't use bots to practise was GW2, since it doesn't have any - and ya that was kind of a steep learning curve.

Kittens!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2013, 16:56 sauron

Pigeon wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 15:48:
sauron wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 15:41:
Prez wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 12:26:
Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 10:42:
Got my picks in, toot toot. I hope you all bet on the Jets!

Even a Jets fan wouldn't bet on the Jets if they wanted to win.

Free gift at every Jets home game this year is an official paper bag with eyeholes.

In other news, FFXIV sold 185,000 copies in Japan alone its first week of release. They just had to double server capacity. It's doing pretty well: News

I was thinking of giving it a try once they have the capacity issues sorted out aka, digital sales re-enabled. Sounds like it could be fun for a bit.

I really like it - even more than GW2 or LOTRO, both of which I enjoy a lot.

It's not a grind, you can play solo or in a group, the gameplay has a ton of depth, and there's bags of content and more to come.

Very recommended if you like MMOs or FF games - best one I've seen in quite a while.

Kittens!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2013, 15:41 sauron

Prez wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 12:26:
Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 10:42:
Got my picks in, toot toot. I hope you all bet on the Jets!

Even a Jets fan wouldn't bet on the Jets if they wanted to win.

Free gift at every Jets home game this year is an official paper bag with eyeholes.

In other news, FFXIV sold 185,000 copies in Japan alone its first week of release. They just had to double server capacity. It's doing pretty well: News

Kittens!

1421 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo