Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1485 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming
21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming Sep 1, 2015, 09:23 sauron

If someone hasn't played this already, they definitely should now that it's completely free. Best leveling experience I have ever had in an RPG, and I've played a lot of them.

At endgame, you have to be a bit careful. WvWvW can really be very fun, but I found Fractals to be very annoying. Some of the pickup groups have really terrible players with terrible gear, and those players always seem to whine like hell.

But overall, if you haven't played this, I would DEFINITELY try it out.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Boss Key Teaser
16. Re: Boss Key Teaser Aug 26, 2015, 08:53 sauron

Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 16:24:
Wallshadows wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 14:52:
The James Brown biography/movie which is on the movie network (one of them) was a real treat to watch.

You mean Get On Up? If so, yeah, that was surprisingly good. I enjoyed the hell out of it. James Brown was my pop's fave artist so I grew up listening to him a lot.

I used to live in Harlem, and when he died they had his body lying in state at the Apollo Theater. There was a line clear around the block to see him.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
37. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 17, 2015, 10:34 sauron

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 15:23:
Now that i have a 970gtx (upgraded from a 6970).. I can finally buy this game and appreciate it.

Okay, time to find the best deal on this title.

I found it on cdkeys.com .. legit site or not?

Bit late in replying, but I got my copy on GMG:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/witcher-3-wild-hunt/#b

$29.99, perfectly legit.

Oops, just saw you got that info already - I would just wait a couple days until they get a new batch of keys.

Kittens!

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
31. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 21:18 sauron

Saboth wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 18:00:
Loved the first one. Really got my money's worth out of it. My only problem with it was by the end, you were basically doing the same 3-4 spells over and over, and your melee suffered for heading into combat, getting hit by spells, poison, explosive barrels, etc., so it felt like they were gimped a bit.

I get you on this, but it could be argued that D&D and all other tabletop RPGs that are the basis for games like this have the same flaw. At level 1, wizards are almost useless, and one good bite from a giant rat can take them out permanently. But by level 20, they rule the world, and can take out an armorclad paladin with a flick of the wrist.

Wizards, eh. Can't live with them at low levels, can't live without them at higher levels.

Kittens!

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
20. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 12:05 sauron

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 10:04:
Never got the last one, so if they offer it as a reward, I'll probably be in...

I was just thinking the same thing.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Adding PvP Leagues
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Adding PvP Leagues Aug 11, 2015, 13:48 sauron

I loved GW2 back when it was released. So incredibly fun. The SP game and WvWvW were fantastic.

But they just released the first expansion three years after the original game! If they'd been quicker, I would probably still be playing it.

Kittens!

News Comments > Quote of the Day
9. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 6, 2015, 15:03 sauron

ZeroPike1 wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 14:11:
"No—at least not according to Unangst: "We are not intending to compete with Steam," he told me, "If anything, we want Steam to be even more successful—they've done great things for PC gamers in terms of having a single store.

"Over time do we want more developers to come over to our store and offer it in addition to Steam? Absolutely. Is competition good for people? Absolutely. But our goal right now isn't to do anything else other than support Steam and help it run great on Windows 10."

This man is not getting it. Supporting Steam does not mean just putting a few of your games up to sell and putting your own DRM Window's Live on it? Supporting steam would have been letting Steam handle the DRM, letting Steam Handle the multiplayer networking instead of the mess of Live.

Yes, agreed. If I see a game with the Games for Windows tag, it's a reason NOT to buy it. Just make a great game and hand it off to Steam for the distribution. Job done.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2015, 10:21 sauron

Anyone else seen this? 50% off Witcher 3 on Green Man Gaming:

Witcher 3

They also have a coupon but I'm not sure if it stacks.

[edit - just tried it (and bought the game) - $29.99 but the coupon doesn't stack, the key is redeemable on GOG.com]

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2015, 11:10.

Kittens!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2015, 14:31 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 09:21:
Not sure why it was up a day early, but it was a nice touch. Let them eat cake!

They're on french time, obviously.

I'm just going to leave this link right here - surprised you didn't put it up already, ninster :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW72Gmqjse4

Kittens!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 2, 2015, 13:01 sauron

Yum, the FFXIV expansion looks really fun. Good thing I don't have time to play MMORPGs anymore, or I'd get sucked back in for sure. XIV is really pretty great.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 26, 2015, 11:20 sauron

I don't really see the point of a preorder when all my games come from Steam - it's not like I need a CD/DVD anymore. Plus the backlog on my games library is kind of big.

Much better to just let the game come out, read the reviews, and then either buy it if it's a must-have, or put it down to buy later in a sale.

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2015, 13:24 sauron

Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 11:48:
My girlfriends mother is a vet who sometimes gets called out by the county to look at stuff like that when they get trapped animals and etc. I texted her the pic and she said its probably a tumor, apparently there is a lot of fibromatosis in animals in the wild.

Yes, I'm a veterinarian as well, and agree with her - it looks like a benign growth. Much too big to be a tick, and too smooth and rounded to be an abcess. Probably not directly dangerous to health, but is obscuring vision and could get infected. If it were a domestic animal, you'd remove it.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Preorders
10. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of the Storm Preorders Jun 17, 2015, 12:33 sauron

I played a ton of this when it came out, but that was 3 years ago. How come it took so long for the first expansion? There was very little endgame, so the original playerbase has long since moved on.  

Kittens!

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 16:40 sauron

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 15:17:
sauron wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 13:37:

Same here - I'm 5'11" and 135lb.

Holy shit, dude, eat a cheeseburger Hobbit or something!

The cholesterol levels are too high for that particular meat, I'm afraid. Plump and delicious, but not heart healthy.

Elves, on the other hand, are pure lean protein. It's just catching the little blighters from a standing start.

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 13:37 sauron

Blue wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:02:
sauron wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:57:
Jeepers, 195 and 166 lb for the average US male and female adult respectively - that's really heavy and honestly carries a lot of health risks. America needs to go on a diet!

If that is accurate it means that I weigh less than the average American woman even though I am taller than the average American man.

Same here - I'm 5'11" and 135lb.

Then again, us ringwraiths are composed mainly of ectoplasm, so it's all relative.

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 11:57 sauron

Jeepers, 195 and 166 lb for the average US male and female adult respectively - that's really heavy and honestly carries a lot of health risks. America needs to go on a diet!  

Kittens!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 11:50 sauron

Honestly, there are now so many of these that I'm losing track. Seems like conveyor belt game design.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 10, 2015, 16:31 sauron

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 15:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 15:08:
iOS 9: iPhone will now track sexual activity.

"Must remain in pocket during activity to register."
iPocketsex
*only available on iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2

I was going to report that Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Android version is really pretty good. But after this news item, I think maybe I won't bother.

Kittens!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2015, 13:48 sauron

nin wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 09:59:
iTunes (a piece of software that qualifies as an annex of tech hell in and of itself)

Yeah, I fucking hate that program, and only use it for syncing purposes.

Same here. My music collection is now managed using PC and Android software, and I refuse to even install iTunes.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
5. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 4, 2015, 12:25 sauron

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 10:38:
Spektr wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 10:15:
Am I the only one to find those Fallout screebshots unexciting? But I understand they come out of a trailer...

I think many feel the same way. I'm certainly not feeling the love. It really does look like its just an expansion for FO3, hell maybe even RAGE. I guess we'll see what's what when it arrives but for the first time this may not be a day one purchase for me.

I could never get into FO3 and FO:NV - although I loved Oblivion and Skyrim. It's the setting. But this one doesn't grab me at all, and I think the graphics have something to do with that in addition to the setting. Just not enthusiastic about it on first look.

Kittens!

1485 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo