Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1541 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2016, 13:18 sauron

Pigeon wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 10:49:
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than among the random sever populations of online shooters.

LOL, we should have this chiseled in stone and mounted above the doorway to the Bluesnews website.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2016, 13:17 sauron

Pigeon wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 10:49:
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than among the random sever populations of online shooters.

LOL, we should have this chiseled in stone and mounted above the doorway to the Bluesnews website...

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 11, 2016, 13:13 sauron

Dan =0) wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 13:01:
Re: LibreOffice - my understanding that plain old x86 refers to 32-bit x86 version,whereas x64 refers to 64-bit version.

Thanks, I figured it was probably that, but got confused between x64 and x86-64. No idea why.

Looking forward to trying out the new interface.

Kittens!

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 11, 2016, 12:37 sauron

I've seen a few Tesla sports cars here in NYC, they really turn heads - look like a pretty sweet ride. I hope they make it - the reviews seem really good.

Oh, and LibreOffice is pretty good and I use it more than MS Office. I'm a bit confused by the download link - do I need the x86 or x64 versions? I thought the x86 would be x86-64? Thanks.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2016, 12:43.

Kittens!

News Comments > Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter
17. Re: Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter Feb 11, 2016, 09:28 sauron

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 18:37:
The real niche right now is a true Wing Commander or FreeSpace sequel. Star Citizen has long gone full retard and no longer matches that description.

Since these OVERLOAD guys have people on board who worked on FreeSpace, they should have considered making a good old traditional space sim with an epic single player campaign along the lines of FreeSpace, Wing Commander, X-Wing/TIE/Fighter etc.

This, a thousand times. If the relevant people were to propose a new Freespace game on KS, I would back it in a second.

Kittens!

News Comments > Star Citizen Split Details
3. Re: Star Citizen Split Details Feb 9, 2016, 10:09 sauron

I am quite glad I didn't back this. It all seems very out of control and I'm not confident they know what they're doing with it anymore.

Having so much money has given them the ability to do almost anything and everything they want with the game, and this seems to have caused them to lose focus on its core design.

Kittens!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2016, 10:30 sauron

nin wrote on Feb 8, 2016, 10:17:
I bet I am still writing Year of the Goat on my checks for the next couple of weeks.

Never gets old...

'Either way, I'm sure I'll be writing Year of the Horse on my checks for a few more weeks.'

Heh, this was 2015's OotB entry for Chinese New Year. It's like Groundhog Day all over again.

Kittens!

News Comments > AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes
12. Re: AMD Crimson & NVIDIA GeForce Hotfixes Feb 3, 2016, 14:11 sauron

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 13:52:
"Please do not eject your video card while this symbol is on screen, it means it's saving your game"

"System temperatures have reached a critical level. Activating the EJECT button!"

- your GTX970

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2016, 10:53 sauron

"So did you go pro with that belly-button trick Ned?"  

Kittens!

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Update
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Update Feb 3, 2016, 10:08 sauron

I know it already has offline content, but I'd LOVE to see bots in this game. I got it free with my video card, but am too intimidated to jump in online without some practice beforehand.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 2, 2016, 10:49 sauron

Hey Blue, you put your hardware in the software again! (As the actress said to the vicar).  

Kittens!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 1, 2016, 21:45 sauron

Reminds me of this...  

Kittens!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2016, 21:40 sauron

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 18:23:
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 15:16:
Primalchrome wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 14:35:
Pigeon wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 14:13:
I've tried the $20 ones you can buy in the store, unfortunately they're bulky enough they interfere with my sleep
Have you tried a low profile boil-n-bite sports mouthpiece at a sports store for $15. If you mold it properly, it will stay while sleeping and provide protection from grinding.

Have you tried listening to R. Kelly's There's Nothing Wrong With a Little Bump and Grind/? I understand that it's about this topic of teeth grinding, ostensibly at any rate.

Only if your into watersports

Zing!

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Previews
9. Re: Morning Previews Feb 1, 2016, 16:44 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 15:17:
5 reasons why pooping is best done on a toilet.

My cat begs to differ. On a freshly cleaned litter box, in front of your owner, during dinner.

Kittens!

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2016, 13:13 sauron

Yikes, those RotTR benchmarks are a little scary. My gaming rigs are decent (i5-5950 and i7-6700k, both with GTX970 and 8-16GB RAM) and I'd still be a little worried about decent framrates and system temperatures.  

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2016, 11:05 sauron

yuastnav wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 10:48:
nin wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 09:57:
Why you might want to think twice about getting your wisdom teeth removed.

I have a dentist who asks me almost every time I'm in about them. And I tell him as long as they're not causing an issue (I've had one removed, due to problems with the tooth in front of it) they're staying in place.

Heh yeah. I'm originally from East Europe and have been living in Germany for most of my life and it was weird because in the countries like Greece, Russia, Ukraine etc. it's not a common practice to pull the wisdom teeth, only if it's an emergency and here in Germany almost everyone I talk to had his wisdom teeth pulled out at one point.

Man, I'm keeping mine. As long as they don't cause any issues they'll just stay right where they are.

Same here - my dentist mentions mine every time Mrs. Sauron and I visit to have our fangs sharpened. They are not causing a problem, therefore they are staying.

I also have to go through the usual lecture about flossing to remove hobbit bones and elf tendons. Sheesh, what a bore...

Kittens!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2016, 11:30 sauron

nin wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 11:27:
sauron wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 11:20:
My favorite memory of Duke 3D is flying around a level with a jetpack and maybe turning on noclip, and finding a cave high up on a canyon wall. I went in the cave, and on the wall inside were the words 'You are not supposed to be here'.

I think maybe the Levelord designed that level - not sure. But it (and the rest of the game) were just insanely fun.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was his (thought he even signed it?).

As soon as you said "jetpack" I thought of that exact spot.

edit: Yeah, here we go...

Haha! Yep, he did sign it - you're right.

I found a compilation of all the easter eggs in the game. Here's the link:

D3D easter eggs

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2016, 11:20 sauron

My favorite memory of Duke 3D is flying around a level with a jetpack and maybe turning on noclip, and finding a cave high up on a canyon wall. I went in the cave, and on the wall inside were the words 'You are not supposed to be here'.

I think maybe the Levelord designed that level - not sure. But it (and the rest of the game) were just insanely fun.

Kittens!

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
11. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 13:14 sauron

Kxmode wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 13:02:
sauron wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 12:51:
I'm too busy with Witcher 3 and Pillars of Eternity (and maybe Assassin's Creed series) to look at this.

Witcher 3 is great, but the early stages were a bit frustrating. Damn game is so huge that I have trouble getting everything straight. And when I think I have it all figured out, I realize I missed a whole other system (eg crafting). Or I finish a quest and realize it has blocked me from finishing up a bunch of other quests (I'm looking at you, White Orchard). Or I stop to look at a pretty church, and get eaten by a wraith from the graveyard that's like 8 levels above me.

Here's what I did. Do one or two of the main quests then go do a lot of side quests. Think of the main quest as dessert and the side quests and activities as the 4-course meal. If you do that it won't be so overwhelming.

Thanks, I'll do that. I think I'm going to re-load a save from before I got kicked out of White Orchard - just realized the place is full of low level side quests that I completely missed.

Anyone else enjoy the peasants' chat as you ride around the village? They're all gossiping about all sorts of things, and some of it is pretty funny and/or saucy. Very entertaining.

Kittens!

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
8. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 12:51 sauron

I'm too busy with Witcher 3 and Pillars of Eternity (and maybe Assassin's Creed series) to look at this.

Witcher 3 is great, but the early stages were a bit frustrating. Damn game is so huge that I have trouble getting everything straight. And when I think I have it all figured out, I realize I missed a whole other system (eg crafting). Or I finish a quest and realize it has blocked me from finishing up a bunch of other quests (I'm looking at you, White Orchard). Or I stop to look at a pretty church, and get eaten by a wraith from the graveyard that's like 8 levels above me.

Kittens!

1541 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo