Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1438 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Final Early Access Update
4. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Final Early Access Update Oct 30, 2014, 10:27 sauron

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 10:12:
There should be a rule against calling your game Heretic, unless it's affiliated with the original. Always get my hopes up for that half second I scan the headline...

Seconded, I really loved Heretic 2. Didn't much care for Hexen, I'm not sure why.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
3. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 10:24 sauron

I tried hard to love DA:O, but it needs so much micromanagement. I really like it, but TES games are much more my thing, very freeform and a little looser around the edges.

It's a bit like comparing the organized girl next door with the spontaneous free spirit that lives up the street. I guess each has their upside, and to each their own.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2014, 17:32 sauron

I just don't watch TV. I read a ton of books and play Skyrim. I do miss Mad Men though.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 12:58 sauron

Creston wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 11:21:
Last home game for Jeets tonight, Blue.

It's a shame he went out this way though. The Yankees have been awful this year, they had no offense at all and 80% of the starters were injured to boot.

Now the 98 Yankees, that was a team. Guts and moxy, just like it should be.

Kittens!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 25, 2014, 12:55 sauron

I played a ton of this. PvE and WvWvW. But I never dipped into PvP - way too l33t for a panda like me.

I wish they'd stop with the small updates and such, and release a full blown expansion. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Kittens!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 12:58 sauron

I've always like Craig Ferguson - kind of a fun guy. First saw him on Drew Carey and thought he was really funny.

But what I'm REALLY looking forward to is Colbert on The Late Show. That's going to be a riot. Will either be a roaring success, or he'll get CBS sued by every major conservative, liberal and commercial organization in the country. I might even have to buy a TV.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
28. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 08:23 sauron

Honestly, I think the MMO formula has had its day. I played them for 10 years. There simply aren't enough new ideas coming in the new games in the genre to keep players interested. I think it's really that simple.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Deadhold Announced
2. Re: Deadhold Announced Sep 3, 2014, 18:28 sauron

Yeah, Myth 1 and 2 were great - loved those games. I remember sending in my troops to attack some kind of shambling zombie, and it blew up when they got close! Took them all with it.

Gaming goodness.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
23. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 15:54 sauron

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:18:
harlock wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:14:
i think you mean the "full combat rebalance mod", which actually makes it play much more arcade like and less realistic

You're right, it's not actually realistic at all. I couldn't think of the name of the mod anymore, and I was too lazy to google it.

its more fun tho - more like a responsive video game style

Yeah it makes it a lot more responsive. I liked the combat better with it, but the mod did other things that annoyed me (biggest thing was taking away XP for monster kills) so I never actually played the whole game through with it.

The fights in W1 were kind of fun, but I must admit my favorite aspect was all the sex.

Um, is it bad to say that? Maybe it's TMI.

Kittens!

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 14:48 sauron

I know most folks here don't play the MMO FF titles but they make Square Enix an absolute TON of money, and XIV is one of the best MMOs on the market these days, if not THE best.

It won pretty much every Best MMO award last year. Granted that was its second iteration and the first was nowhere near as good, but still...

So, FF games are dead? Don't think so.

Kittens!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords Aug 12, 2014, 16:53 sauron

Gadzooks wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 15:26:
Buy Risen 3? Nope. Certainly not at 50 bucks, and probably not ever unless reviews are spectacular.

And they're not spectacular - not even close:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/risen-3-titan-lords

This versus D:OS looks like a no-brainer - D:OS has stellar reviews and is $10 less, even.

Kittens!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2014, 13:30 sauron

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 09:38:
Sweet, dude! You're long overdue for any sort of vacation.

Have fun!

Seconded. Enjoy the hop-flavored barley sodas.

Kittens!

16. Re: Ice cream freak out. Aug 4, 2014, 15:22 sauron

“The tortoise did try to make a run for it, but our officers are pretty fast,” the department said in a statement. “Almost had a pursuit!”

Lol, at least the cops have a sense of humor.

I once had to anesthetize a tortoise for minor surgery (remove a benign growth). Tried inhalation anesthetic but they breathe so slowly it had no effect (although it did almost put my cute veterinary nurse to sleep).

Anyhow, in the end I knocked it out with an injectable cat anesthetic. It woke up after the surgery just fine and we sent it home once it started eating lettuce. Fun case, that one.

Kittens!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2014, 10:16 sauron

Best thing for arthritis is not to get it in the first place - take it from my arthritic hip. But if you do have it, then the best thing to do is listen to your body - if it hurts, then rest.

Oh, and if you have arthritis in knee/hip/ankle, staying light and not putting on weight REALLY helps. ^^

Kittens!

7. Re: GRRM Jul 28, 2014, 13:02 sauron

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 12:43:
Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 11:38:
I can sort of understand him not wanting to be there. After all, it's gotta be rough watching other people do in five years what you weren't able to do in 15.

Or more likely all the sex and boobs, and the mother of dragons... are distracting him ;p

I rather like the sex and boobs. But the show does get pretty violent. Watching someone's hand get chopped off in closeup was a bit shocking, even though I used to perform amputations as part of my job.

But the sex and boobs? Hey, I got no problem with those. at. all.

Kittens!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 28, 2014, 12:57 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 21:30:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 21:10:
Redmask wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 19:58:
It's no Baldur's Gate

True. It's much better because it doesn't suck like BG does!

See, now that's a 6 outta 10, maybe even a 7. Ozmodan should take notes.

The main advantage of BG is that Mrs. Sauron and I can play it on my Nexus 7, while lying in bed in our Evil Pajamas of Doom.

Other than that, well, you know... it's OK.

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 15:17 sauron

This game on Steam Early Access had me ROFLing pretty hard so I thought I'd share. The user reviews are particularly good.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246900/

"In space, no-one can hear you clean..."

Kittens!

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
24. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 12:31 sauron

shinchan0s wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 18:38:
I also think I got Battlefield 3 from one of these giveaways. Not really sure since I haven't felt the need to install Origin.

^ This. I did the exact same thing and haven't installed or played it.

But they do seem to give out free stuff - pretty nice.

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2014, 12:29 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 09:13:
Today kicks off the annual San Diego International Comic-Con. I am not in attendance, but I am writing this update while dressed as Wonder Woman. This isn't really cosplay... sometimes I a guy just likes to feel pretty.

Ok, for once I'm not going to ask for pictures.

That's OK, we all have our little fetishes. Sometimes I wear high heels under my Dark Robes of Power. Mrs. Sauron rather likes it. Variety is the spice of life!

Kittens!

News Comments > Rumor: Year-old Dishonored 2 Details
17. Re: Rumor: Year-old Dishonored 2 Details Jul 16, 2014, 09:26 sauron

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 13:35:
Suckage wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 12:22:
@sauron

The non-lethal approach is entirely doable in Dishonored. As a Thief junkie this is what sold the game to me.

Agreed!

Oh cool! I didn't realize. Thanks guys.

Hmm, maybe one to pick up, then. Although Divinity: Original Sin also looks kinda great right now.

Kittens!

1438 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo