Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sauron

Real Name sauron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description God of death, destruction and decay. Likes fluffy kittens.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2001, 03:31
Total Comments 1476 (Pro)
User ID 8692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 2, 2015, 13:01 sauron

Yum, the FFXIV expansion looks really fun. Good thing I don't have time to play MMORPGs anymore, or I'd get sucked back in for sure. XIV is really pretty great.  

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 26, 2015, 11:20 sauron

I don't really see the point of a preorder when all my games come from Steam - it's not like I need a CD/DVD anymore. Plus the backlog on my games library is kind of big.

Much better to just let the game come out, read the reviews, and then either buy it if it's a must-have, or put it down to buy later in a sale.

Kittens!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2015, 13:24 sauron

Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 11:48:
My girlfriends mother is a vet who sometimes gets called out by the county to look at stuff like that when they get trapped animals and etc. I texted her the pic and she said its probably a tumor, apparently there is a lot of fibromatosis in animals in the wild.

Yes, I'm a veterinarian as well, and agree with her - it looks like a benign growth. Much too big to be a tick, and too smooth and rounded to be an abcess. Probably not directly dangerous to health, but is obscuring vision and could get infected. If it were a domestic animal, you'd remove it.

Kittens!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Preorders
10. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of the Storm Preorders Jun 17, 2015, 12:33 sauron

I played a ton of this when it came out, but that was 3 years ago. How come it took so long for the first expansion? There was very little endgame, so the original playerbase has long since moved on.  

Kittens!

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 16:40 sauron

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 15:17:
sauron wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 13:37:

Same here - I'm 5'11" and 135lb.

Holy shit, dude, eat a cheeseburger Hobbit or something!

The cholesterol levels are too high for that particular meat, I'm afraid. Plump and delicious, but not heart healthy.

Elves, on the other hand, are pure lean protein. It's just catching the little blighters from a standing start.

Kittens!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 13:37 sauron

Blue wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:02:
sauron wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:57:
Jeepers, 195 and 166 lb for the average US male and female adult respectively - that's really heavy and honestly carries a lot of health risks. America needs to go on a diet!

If that is accurate it means that I weigh less than the average American woman even though I am taller than the average American man.

Same here - I'm 5'11" and 135lb.

Then again, us ringwraiths are composed mainly of ectoplasm, so it's all relative.

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 11:57 sauron

Jeepers, 195 and 166 lb for the average US male and female adult respectively - that's really heavy and honestly carries a lot of health risks. America needs to go on a diet!  

Kittens!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Trailer Jun 16, 2015, 11:50 sauron

Honestly, there are now so many of these that I'm losing track. Seems like conveyor belt game design.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 10, 2015, 16:31 sauron

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 15:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 15:08:
iOS 9: iPhone will now track sexual activity.

"Must remain in pocket during activity to register."
iPocketsex
*only available on iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2

I was going to report that Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Android version is really pretty good. But after this news item, I think maybe I won't bother.

Kittens!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2015, 13:48 sauron

nin wrote on Jun 10, 2015, 09:59:
iTunes (a piece of software that qualifies as an annex of tech hell in and of itself)

Yeah, I fucking hate that program, and only use it for syncing purposes.

Same here. My music collection is now managed using PC and Android software, and I refuse to even install iTunes.

Kittens!

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
5. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 4, 2015, 12:25 sauron

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 10:38:
Spektr wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 10:15:
Am I the only one to find those Fallout screebshots unexciting? But I understand they come out of a trailer...

I think many feel the same way. I'm certainly not feeling the love. It really does look like its just an expansion for FO3, hell maybe even RAGE. I guess we'll see what's what when it arrives but for the first time this may not be a day one purchase for me.

I could never get into FO3 and FO:NV - although I loved Oblivion and Skyrim. It's the setting. But this one doesn't grab me at all, and I think the graphics have something to do with that in addition to the setting. Just not enthusiastic about it on first look.

Kittens!

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Trailer
10. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 12:20 sauron

Wow, this looks great! I didn't realize it was InXile that is the developer.

I'm already signed up for TToN, and this one seems like it'll be getting my money as well.

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2015, 10:23 sauron

Play: Drink Beer, Neglect Family.

Pfft, that one's not new - I've been playing it every night for decades.

Kittens!

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale Begins
11. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Begins Jun 3, 2015, 12:09 sauron

HoMM3 for $2.49 sounds like kind of a steal - I am probably the only gamer that doesn't already have it.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Spring Patch
8. Re: Battlefield 4 Spring Patch May 28, 2015, 14:03 sauron

nin wrote on May 27, 2015, 15:37:
Kevin Lowe wrote on May 27, 2015, 15:01:
I'll take bots over the average server inhabitant any day. They don't grief, they don't team stack, they don't rage quit, they don't idle, they don't sing into the mic, they just play the game.

This 1000% percent. No bots, no sale.

Same here. BF1942 was very fun in MP, but offline practice with bots really helped in the early stages.

Kittens!

News Comments > BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details
12. Re: BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details May 21, 2015, 13:16 sauron

I looked at BF3 and BF4, but couldn't figure out where the base game ended and the DLC began. So yeah, no thanks.  

Kittens!

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer
2. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer May 21, 2015, 10:41 sauron

Anyone notice the archway at 0:44 looks exactly like the ones in The Hive in Sigil (Planescape:Torment)? I bet that's not an accident.

I signed on to this one during the Kickstarter and am glad I did - it really looks promising.

Kittens!

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
22. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 10:05 sauron

Honestly, this sounds perfectly reasonable to me. They had a great-looking build, but then had to scale back a little once they overlaid it onto a huge open world. According to the reviews it still looks amazing. Sounds like part of the development process and I don't have a problem with that at all, especially given the stellar reception across the board.

My only gripe is that I'm wanting to play this but am currently in the middle of The Shivering Isles, which is probably the most entertaining DLC I've ever gotten into. Decisions, decisions.

Kittens!

News Comments > Overwatch Video
4. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 09:55 sauron

This looks like a lot of fun - reminds me a little of the original UT and that's definitely not a bad thing.

I don't usually go for twitch online team shooters but I'll probably pick it up.

Is it online only, or does it have bots for offline practice?

Kittens!

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2015, 12:51 sauron

I've been looking at the reviews of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Wow. Is it really that good?

I just finished Skyrim (couple hundred hours) and am looking around for a new fix.

Kittens!

1476 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo