Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ayii

Real Name Ayii   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ayii
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Visiting Blue's since Quake.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2001, 19:38
Total Comments 19 (Suspect)
User ID 8678

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 12, 2014, 15:50 Ayii

Trevellian wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 14:26:
Creston wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 11:51:
Doesn't everybody hate Xbox fans? They take Stockholm Syndrome to entirely new levels.

My only beef with Xbox fans is.
They had Halo all to themselves. No one really complained.
They had Gears of War all to themselves. No one really complained.
Sony Fans had to wait what? 4 or 5 years? To play the Mass Effect Trilogy. No one really complained.
They had COD Map Packs First for YEARS. No one really complained.
They had Titanfall and Sony didn't. No one really complained.

Sony gets a little bit of Love with Destiny... OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD. HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY HATE US WHAT THE FUCK. CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE CONTENT IS THE DEVIL AND IS A INSULT TO GAMERS EVERYWHERE WE SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY START THE PETITIONS, WAH WAH WAH.

That is my issue with Xbox fans.

Come now, that's not a fair analysis. It's the internet, people complain about everything. Mac and Marathon fans were livid when Microsoft bought Bungie and made Halo MS only.

What gets me are people attacking Bungie when it's Activision that made the deal with Sony. Maybe Bungie has a say in the matter, but I doubt it.

Exclusive DLC time windows is shitty no matter how you look at it. The thirty days exclusivity that MS bought with Call of Duty and Sony bought with Battlefield just pisses off fans of the game on each console (for those that pay attention to such things). It's not just Sony/Microsoft playing the exclusive DLC game, when Arkham City came out the gave each retailer an exclusive pre-order skin to use in the game, that sucked balls too.

But the Destiny deal is worse because the limited editions and ghost editions come with the first two DLC packs for whenever they are released. If the gaming blogs are accurate, this means you're paying for content in advance and you won't get to play all of it until the fall of 2015, a year after the game came out. A thirty day exclusivity on maps packs for COD/Battlefield is one thing, but imagine if you bought a COD/Battlefield season pass and when the map pack comes out you discover that the other console will have exclusive play modes and weapons for another ten months. You paid the same price, but are getting less. You eventually get it, but will your friends still be playing that game? Will the game lose it's luster in the year it takes for all the platform exclusive DLC to drop?

I understand why publishers do it, it's free money, but I just wish one of the big publishers would realize that these sorts of games just pisses off their customers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
82. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 17:20 Ayii

My condolences, Blue.
R.I.P. Hudson the Wonder Dog

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 12, 2013, 19:15 Ayii

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 17:44:
Whats funny is how many people in the armed service are NOT going to get a XBone due to the kinect. Another piece of add on trash that no one will want to deal with.

Microsoft 180'd their "Mandatory Kinect" policy. You can now unplug it and the console will run without it. If the game you are playing requires it, then you'll be prompted to plug it back in. I imagine most of the shooters popular in LAN setups will have optional Kinect controls, so it shouldn't be a problem in military bases now. What a clusterfuck scenario that was.

News Comments > The Force Unleashed on PCs
19. Re: The Force Unleashed on PCs Jul 25, 2009, 12:40 Ayii

I played through the game a couple of weeks ago for the first time and the Star Destroyer sequence does work, but the controls in this section could be way better. There was a patch that downloaded when I put the disc in, so maybe they made some adjustments to the controls from the initial launch.  

News Comments > On Piracy and Prices
32. Re: On Piracy and Prices Jan 20, 2009, 15:51 Ayii

Miles Jacobson is an idiot. Companies will always charge what they think people are willing to pay. Norton Antivirus 2003 was the same price of Norton Antivirus 2004, yet the 2004 version brought in a registration code system and Internet activation. Console games charge more than their PC counterparts, yet piracy on the PC is way higher than consoles.

Look at the pricing of the Xbox Originals - original Xbox 1 games that are a turned into a digital download and have ZERO piracy. They honestly expect you to pay $20 for a game you can buy used on a disc for $5-$10. Not only are the prices terrible, you loose the benefits of physically owning the disc, case, and usually the manual - that being you can lend it to a friend or sell it when you're done. Which offers the better value?

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2009, 15:53.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2009, 13:44 Ayii

"Blu-Ray is still only a fledgling format that's not gaining support amongst techies because it's already obsolete..."

You're wrong there, Blu-ray has a faster adoption rate than DVD and DVD didn't have a format war.

Here's a quote from the BDA that came out last week at CES:
"For meaningful comparison, here's some data from Adams Media Research showing the U.S. market penetration of other historical home entertainment technologies at the end of their respective third year of introduction:

TV - 3%
Color TV - .5%
VHS - .5%
CD - 1.5%
DVD - 4.5%
HDTV - 1%
Blu-ray - 7.75%"

Yes, digital downloads will become increasingly popular, but as a substitution to renting, not purchasing. People still want the package, the bonus features, and the video quality that Blu-ray has over highly compressed HD signals from the satellite and cable companies.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2009, 14:42 Ayii

InBlack, do you know how many products are sold at a loss? Printers (as they make money on the ink and toner cartridges), razors (non-electric, as they make money on the blades), cell phones (the ones where they make you buy a contract),etc. Grocery stores often sell Coke and other items below cost to draw customers in and hope they'll buy something else that's more profitable. It's called Loss Leaders and it's part of capitalism.

Also, don't blame the Xbox for moving some gamers away from the PC. Some people prefer the living room experience and ease of use that consoles provide.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2009, 04:51 Ayii

If you buy something off the marketplace there are two licenses, one tied to the console and the other to your gamertag. So if you were to copy an arcade title and your gamertag to a memory card and take it over to a friend's place, you could play the full version of the game (providing you could log into Live and that it was the gamertag that purchased the game) and somebody at home could play the full version of the game (as it was also licensed to the console).

Things went crappy if you had a console replaced, as you would lose the console license and only have the gamertag one, so you always had to log into Live to play the full version and other family members could not play the full version, unless the gamertag that purchased the game was logged in.

They fixed that a year ago with the license transfer feature that allows you to transfer all console licenses or combine console licenses (if you own more than one) to another console. The limitation is that you're only allowed to do it once a year, I guess to prevent someone transferring their licenses to a friend's console for a weekend.

I think Blue's comment is regarding the "Install to Hard Drive" feature that the NXE brought in. I imagine the install is tied to the console ID, hence the need to reinstall the game disc. Also, I believe he may need to redownload any Arcade titles he purchased if other gamertags want to play the full version when the gamertag that purchased the game is offline. A quick check would be to login to Live using a different gamertag other than the one that purchased the content and see if you have the full or trial versions of the games. If it's trial, you'll need to redownload the games.

News Comments > Art of War Revealed
2. Re: Art of War Revealed Dec 25, 2008, 14:34 Ayii

Don't worry, they have another game in development about a millionaire who owns an industrial cleaning company: Rick Vacuum.  

News Comments > Back in Black?
1. Re: Back in Black? Dec 23, 2008, 21:40 Ayii

Black is not an Xbox 360 or PS3 game, it was an Xbox 1 and PS2 game.  

News Comments > Ensemble Retrospective
1. Re: Ensemble Retrospective Dec 21, 2008, 16:08 Ayii

Anybody else think the closing of Ensemble Studios doesn't bode well for Halo Wars? I'm really surprise Microsoft would do this prior to launching the game. I can understand if the game post-launch was a failure and thus caused the closing of the studio, but prior to launch makes it look like they don't believe the game will be a success. Otherwise, why close down a studio that created a hit and would have the most insight on delivering a kick-ass sequel?  

6. Re: XBox Live... Nov 19, 2008, 12:49 Ayii

A mouse & keyboard combo provide the best control for FPS, but that doesn't mean a controller sucks, it's just different.

The bad interface for Mass Effect wasn't because it was on a console, it was purely a bad design choice that they would have changed if they had more time, but they had to ship it. Still a great game (aside from some inventory issues).

16. Re: X3 & Spider-Man 3 Jun 8, 2008, 23:14 Ayii

The real problem wasn't trying to tell the saga in two hours, the real problem was the studio taking a hell or high water approach so that X3 would open before Superman Returns.

FOX was livid when Bryan Singer (the director of the first two X-Men films) wanted to do Superman Returns before X3, despite FOX not even announcing X3. They rushed this film out and punished those who were working on Superman. None of the screenwriters of X2 were involved in X3 and what happened to Cyclops character in X3 was because James Marsden was also in Superman, that's why X3 ended the way it did. They also brought in Simon Kinberg (writer of xXx: State of the Union) to co-write the screenplay and Brett Ratner to direct, as people with talent were smart enough to see it as the train wreck it was and bailed from the project (Matthew Vaughn).

After X2 was a big hit, they should have announced X3 and kept the same talent, but they waited too long.

Also, the previous commenter is right about Avi Arad wanting Venom in Spider-Man 3. Raimi has stated many times before that he didn't find the character interesting, but he had to put him in.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 23:16.

News Comments > Halo 2 & PC Live in May
59. Re: Lets get back on track. Mar 14, 2007, 19:52 Ayii

I wouldn't worry about what that, as I'm sure non-Microsoft owned developers will offer Windows Live, plus their own internet matchmaking like they always have (via Gamespy or some other program). It's just another option for those that want the unified gamertag, achievements, game awareness, cross-game voice chat, and other benefits of Live.

News Comments > Halo 2 & PC Live in May
58. No subject Mar 14, 2007, 19:46 Ayii

Actually Tanto, the "wireless" in "Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel" describes the connection to the 360, not whether there are any wires used with the peripheral at all. There are wires that connect the pedals to the wheel and if you want force feedback, you need to plug in the AC adapter. I'd rather have that than 3 battery packs (one for the foot pedals, one for the wireless connection, and one for the force feedback).

Also, it will work on the PC, but naturally it's Microsoft, so it only works on Window XP or Vista and being that it's wireless you'll need the wireless receiver for it, which is around $20 bucks.

It's a good deal if you've got a 360 and XP/Vista and love racing games. I don't have it, as I'm not big on racing games, but the reviews have been quite positive.

News Comments > No Brakes: X Racing Announced
10. No subject May 28, 2006, 15:00 Ayii

You would think if it's being sold on "No Brakes" that it would be a little more crazy, like going off-road through trees, Moose running out of the way, campers getting run over, crazy stuff like that.

Another thing, when I think of a car I want to drive in a racing game, it's not a 4-door hatchback sedan. Looks like an AMC Pacer. What the hell are they thinking releasing those screenshots?

493. Re: ... Sep 19, 2003, 01:19 Ayii

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, Blue.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 01:21.

129. Subscription Rate Aug 20, 2003, 20:00 Ayii

If the subscription rate was low enough ($4.95, maybe $9.95 a year), people wouldn't demand as much as a $19.95/year rate would. Naturally, if that doesn't pay the bills, advertising is fine, just try to avoid the ones that play sound AUTOMATICALLY. The ones you can mouse over, or press a button on to play, I don't mind. But the automatic ones are the spawn of the devil.

News Comments > On PC Halo
80. WTF Dec 25, 2002, 17:40 Ayii

Wow.

What a bunch of cry babies.

Microsoft bought Bungie, get over it. It's a business.

Bungie owes you nothing. They make great games, you buy them and play them. You get enjoyment and they get money to keep making great games for you to play. Pattern repeats.

If you think Gearbox will fuck it up, read the reviews first.

Who knows how Halo would have came out if Microsoft didn't buy them. Could have been the next vaporware like Duke Nukem Forever. We could still be waiting for it.

If you like to play Great Games, then play Halo.

End of story.

19 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo