Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for [VG]Reagle

Real Name [VG]Reagle   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname [VG]Reagle
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 12784732
Description The First Newell
Gabe's Watching
Homepage http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pn4kZyqVRU
Signed On Jan 1, 2001, 05:36
Total Comments 987 (Graduate)
User ID 8515

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
17. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 17:15 [VG]Reagle

I investigated the Star Citizen craze to try to find out what was going on with the millions and millions of dollars of crowd funding and here is a full report of what I found:

1. A bunch of Star Wars geeks are Star Citizen fan bois
2. Every time Roberts Space Inc tweets a shiver goes up their legs.
3. Due to the nerdgasm in the SC forums nothing can be discussed.
4. Every stretch goal makes a million dollars and they produce nothing

So Star Wars geeks have a nerdgasm and shivers shoot down their legs and apparently money shoots out their butts. That is pretty much the extent of my findings.

After that, well, apparently the developers add another stretch goal and laugh their way to the bank while smoking crack and loading hookers on their yachts.

Meanwhile, the game looks like it was made in 1999 with a second rate engine....

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 22, 2014, 00:35 [VG]Reagle

Save the booth babes!!!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2014, 22:49 [VG]Reagle

You dont think a deer pissed in your drinking water? What do you think the 100,000 fish are doing in the water????

Drink up and enjoy, Portland.

News Comments > Free Battlefield 1942 Redux
20. Re: Free Battlefield 1942 Redux Apr 20, 2014, 00:23 [VG]Reagle

Codename Eagle....that was an awesome game. I am not really sure battlefield ever lived up to its predecessor. In fact few people these days probably have heard of CE. And I am pretty sure there was a CE mod, I was a coder for it. It had a map called no mans land in it.  

News Comments > Free Battlefield 1942 Redux
12. Re: Free Battlefield 1942 Redux Apr 18, 2014, 23:46 [VG]Reagle

I coded Death Ball and Code Name Eagle. Both were BF mods. BTW Origin SUX ASS  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 17, 2014, 20:16 [VG]Reagle

Its 2014 and THIS IS THE CRAPPASS list of games we get to choose from??? There was 10x the choice of good games ten years ago.

So I went to the god damn way back machine and actually got the Games review list from blues news on April 17th 2004.
HERE IS THE ACTUAL GAME REVIEW LIST FROM 4-17-2004
& I REST MY CASE
Battlefield Vietnam on Tech-News UK.
Crusader Kings on Strategy Gaming Online.
Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps on ActionTrip.
Far Cry on LoadedInc.
Gangland on Gamer's Pulse and Computer and Video Games.
KnightShift (A.K.A. Once Upon A Knight) on Computer and Video Games and The Gamers Temple.
Lords of the Realm III on Realgamer.
Painkiller on Gamer's Hell and The Laser.
Sacred on NoMansLand Network and DeadAlfs.
Silent Storm on GameBanshee.
Starscape on AllOutGames.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on Quandary.
Syberia II on Gamer's Hell.
Unreal Tournament 2004 on 3DAvenue.
Uru: To D'ni on PcKiller.
War Times on GameZone.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2014, 20:22.

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
62. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 23:23 [VG]Reagle

Ill collect games and not play them. I am sure others do as well.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 16, 2014, 23:13 [VG]Reagle

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 20:13:
ChildChildren can swipe a screen but can't use toy building blocks, teachers warn.

Yeah, the rule is no screens before 3, then 30m per day after that. Not good for the kids.

Well kids will grow up in a world dominated by computers. Its good for kids to be fully computer competent. These old farts need to die and let the next generation rule the world. I am sure that future generations will embrace not reject "screens".

These teachers sound like their parents, except that their parents blamed hyper kids on sugar...(which is also false)

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
103. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 22:26 [VG]Reagle

Some people just think that Star Citizen is a SCAM. Taking $50 million of gamers money through Kickstarter fueled by FALSE PROMISES.

Now I know you probably get chills shoot up your leg whenever Roberts tweet a new "feature" that will never get done. Probably ever time there is a Star Citizen video showing a guy getting in a fighter money shoots our your butt.

However, many of us are sick of seeing the same video used over and over and over and we feel its a huge scam.

Sorry we dont get the same tingles in our behind that some get over this game. But its not much more advanced then what a indie with $100,000 could make in 6 months BY HIMSELF.

So then where exactly is the OTHER $49,900,000 dollars? Yachts and hookers is my educated guess. There are many people who have been around alot that are very suspicious of the large claims made. Others its true are giving 1000's of dollars and believe every word he says. Its a bit of a cult of personality and that has many of us on edge.

News Comments > PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming
14. Re: PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming Apr 12, 2014, 18:29 [VG]Reagle

nin wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:06:
Not to mention that hardware has semi plateaued, and you don't have to necessarily swap your video card or proc every 6 months to run the latest and greatest at an acceptable level.

<--------This is the truth.

There is zero reason why the new generation of consoles exist. The old ones were good enough. This is the real reason gaming is returning to the PC.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
93. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 11:36 [VG]Reagle

BUT FOR $15,000 you can get the Battle Pack!!!

Its Soooo good a deal...
The Completionist package lets you all fourteen ships, including the limited-edition Vanduul fighter and Idris Frigate!

76. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 03:50 [VG]Reagle

Some people just think that Star Citizen is a SCAM. Taking $50 million of gamers money through Kickstarter fueled by FALSE PROMISES.

Now I know you probably get chills shoot up your leg whenever Roberts tweet a new "feature" that will never get done. Probably ever time there is a Star Citizen video showing a guy getting in a fighter money shoots our your butt.

However, many of us are sick of seeing the same video used over and over and over and we feel its a huge scam.

Sorry we dont get the same tingles in our behind that some get over this game. But its not much more advanced then what a indie with $100,000 could make in 6 months BY HIMSELF.

So then where exactly is the OTHER $49,900,000 dollars? Yachts and hookers is my educated guess. There are many people who have been around alot that are very suspicious of the large claims made. Others its true are giving 1000's of dollars and believe every word he says. Its a bit of a cult of personality and that has many of us on edge.

59. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 23:14 [VG]Reagle

Slinkycatz wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 21:20:
I think it is blatantly obvious by now that even if SC turns out to be a breakout hit and lasts for 20 years, those of you emotionally invested in your decision to call SC a failure will be incapable of admitting it.

The straws you grasp in your attempts to make your arguments are absolutely ridiculous. If you can't make a valid point, there is really no point in trying to rebut any of your arguments.

Blues News is a link I bookmarked YEARS ago. I've come here because I like the news format. I was hoping I'd find mature gamers in these comments to discuss with, but I
keep finding infantile children constantly resorting to playground taunts.

I disagree there is always a lot of well thought out and interesting ideas posted on Blues News (my posts excluded). If you back read this thread, you will see a lot of well thought out posts. People seem very versed and make intelligent points. It also seems to sum up the internet opinion of star citizen. It's funny you complain about childish banter and than start calling people "infantile children".

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2014, 23:24.

58. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 23:03 [VG]Reagle

Kosumo wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 20:45:
Why did no publisher want to work with Chris Roberts? Don't keep me in suspense I want to hear a detractor's opinion because I only see the fanboys.

Well I am not a publisher but will give you my view on why none picked up this project.

First and forth most, I'd say his track record of games released in the pass decade - none, zip, zero.

He talks big, with dreams that any fanboi would love but where the rubber hits the road and it's time to make the software he does not seem to be able to manage the project relistical with feature/future creep taking over and ever changing goal post. Publishers (most) can see this and provide disapline for projects that are getting off track/becoming bloated.

Also his vision does not make ecconomic sense, he is aiming that high that most/alot of gamers will not have the gear to play the game as intended which is a big turn off to publisher who would like to see a project at lest make back it's cost. The money he has got so far is not how much the game would make if it was release, the 41 million is for promise and dreams which I don't think will be delivered on.

I don't think he is scamming anyone, I just think he is not relistic with what he is doing and I don't think it will end well - as this PAX East showing demonstrated - anyone who see that as a good revel is drowning in kool-aid.

So, on that matter, I would say this would have been a better game had he stuck to his origanal goal of the Squrdern 42 and finish and released that first, then move on to bigger things (his persisteant MMO like world, Start Citizen) or if he had team up with a publisher and let them have managed the project but I'd suspect he is a dreamer with a ego that thinks he can make it all happen, of which I doubt.

Also, if all you see is the opinions of fanboys, I suggest you look harder cos their are many who doubt what he is doing.

I have to get ready for work, but if I had more time (maybe later) I would get into how much is wrong with getting people to pay for virtual items in an unmade game.

The post above and my copy and paste view on Star Citizen are exactly he same. The only difference is Kosumo is more mature and a better writer. Good post though.

36. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 20:28 [VG]Reagle

I investigated the Star Citizen craze to try to find out what was going on with the millions and millions of dollars of crowd funding and here is a full report of what I found:

1. A bunch of Star Wars geeks are Star Citizen fan bois
2. Every time Roberts Space Inc tweets a shiver goes up their legs.
3. Due to the nerdgasm in the SC forums nothing can be discussed.
4. Every stretch goal makes a million dollars and they produce nothing

So Star Wars geeks have a nerdgasm and shivers shoot down their legs and apparently money shoots out their butts. That is pretty much the extent of my findings.

After that, well, apparently the developers add another stretch goal and laugh their way to the bank while smoking crack and loading hookers on their yachts.

Meanwhile, the game looks like it was made in 1999 with a second rate engine....

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2014, 20:35.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. No subject Apr 10, 2014, 19:36 [VG]Reagle

We like Dave comes across as authentic. Colbert needs to drop the act.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Apr 9, 2014, 21:20 [VG]Reagle

Ohhhh minecraft had a release ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh la la !!!! Will it break my mods ??? oooooooooooooohhhhh Will it make my pencil sharp ???? ohhhhlala!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 19:29 [VG]Reagle

NIN I WANT TO PLAY THAT *^&& D&*#M F*&*^&^&*^&G GAME.....Damn that GTA V that sh&T looks good. I am having serious issues even watching GTAV videos. PC version please my money is waiting....Rockstar pleas dont BEND US OVER AND DO US ..... LIKE YOU DID ON RED DEAD REDEMPTION. And you did screw us over on red dead. nOT THAT WE FREAKING REMember that do we??????We do remember that you SOB's we do..you shouldnt have done that.  

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
25. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 6, 2014, 22:18 [VG]Reagle

Well usually right about here I would just go off on a long winded ignorant tangent that would get me kicked off most gaming sites.

However I have managed to hang around here for almost 15 years without getting banned and if that was going to happen it would have already.

But this game has me bamboozled. I don't know what to think. On one hand it looks interesting as hell but on the other it looks like a bug fest.

I will be watching reviews closely with everyone else. I am really waiting for GTA V and this cant be as good as that, right?

News Comments > Centration Early Access
3. Re: Centration Early Access Apr 5, 2014, 23:18 [VG]Reagle

I feel gamer's are at risk for some of these so called "early releases". Most now are pay to play. And what do we get? Well normally we get bent over the table. Its one thing to participate in a real alpha or beta. Its another for the Dev's to play with your man berries, while lying to you, promising the world and then spending your money on hookers and yachts.  

987 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo