Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dee

Real Name Dee   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SM0k3
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 8113766
Description
Homepage http://www.SM0k3.com
Signed On Jan 1, 2001, 02:39
Total Comments 280 (Amateur)
User ID 8514

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > BIS Arrests Follow-up
17. Re: BIS Arrests Follow-up Sep 12, 2012, 18:15 SM0k3

DangerDog wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 17:58:
First mission in the game, set BIS employees free from prison on Lemnos.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups
5. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups Sep 12, 2012, 01:17 SM0k3

why does the abilities look like a direct copy of diablo 3's demon hunter? fire walker/vault, elemental arrow(multi-arrows), and rain of vengeance.  

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Beta Begins
8. Re: Steam Big Picture Beta Begins Sep 11, 2012, 01:18 SM0k3

I'm love this so far...thinking about putting together a dedicated PC for the living room -- think i have a spare CPU and a 570gtx laying around. Good job Valve now if you could get full linux support up and running I would be forever grateful

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2012, 02:23.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
11. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 14:35 SM0k3

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 14:30:
Popcorn please

I'll take extra butter on mine, this is going to be a hellova show.

News Comments > Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans
2. Re: Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans Sep 5, 2012, 13:46 SM0k3

Flatline wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 13:40:
*Applies palm to face*

So. 5 years of development (around 10 if you go all the way back to Blizzard North) and you're still fucking trying to come up with new game systems and subsystems.

I guess 4.5 of those years were spent refining the RMAH. Funny how *that* system more or less is fine. It's just the actual, you know, GAME that requires monthly overhauls and nerfs.

F**k those losers.

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
18. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 20:52 SM0k3

Bhruic wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 15:18:
SM0k3 wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 13:42:
I just think it's kind of stupid that they're calling it a "bug" after 2 weeks since release when it was obviously a screw-up on their side.

Uh, a "screw-up on their side" is the definition of a bug.

True that was an idiotic statement I made, but what I was getting at is the DH is already a very touchy and weak character to begin with, why wait 2 weeks to even mention this was an unintentional[yea right] buff. I and many others have adjusted(some spend RM) their characters around this "bug"? Did they even test the patch before release? The MINUTE they noticed it, they should have put out a hotfix before anyone had a chance to "exploit" this "bug". Totally irresponsible....

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2012, 21:00.

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
1. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 13:42 SM0k3

Knew this was coming, with the right gear set you could just use ToC to kill everything without ever having equip a bow. I just think it's kind of stupid that they're calling it a "bug" after 2 weeks since release when it was obviously a screw-up on their side.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2012, 13:55.

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
6. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 2, 2012, 13:41 SM0k3

Wow! I thought this would never get released. Might as well give it a go, although i've sort of lost interest in it.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
39. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 26, 2012, 03:35 SM0k3

Gotta check this out, I loved GW1 and I have been looking for an experience like it since then. I'm going to invest in getting a copy soon as I finish D3.  

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
37. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 07:05 SM0k3

Luke wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 06:43:
It sounds like a post released on a beta forum for the beta tester (current state of the game post)
We know this is wrong , we know that is wrong.

The Auction House can short circuit the natural pace of item drops, making the game feel less rewarding for some players. This is a problem we recognize. At this point we're not sure of the exact way to fix it, but we’re discussing it constantly, and we believe it's a problem we can overcome

Well get that pos out of the game were is the problem?

They will never get rid of it and I don't think they should, the % the get from the sells are what drive them and these farmers are making pretty good $$$ from it right now. Instead they will just constantly juggle around broken mechanics with no real content until both sides(Farmers & Casual Players) are happy.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
30. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 04:25 SM0k3

They really have to do something about the item drops SOON, I know they supposedly "tweaked it" for players that don't swap gear and such but I played from ACT 1 inferno all the way to the second part of ACT 3 without changing gear or skill, I didn't find not one upgrade for my gear just a bunch of crap to sell off to the merchant for gold. If it weren't me shelling out about 10 mil gold on some mediocre gear I would still be stuck in Hell difficultly getting raped. I'm not with that whole P2W vibe I'm getting out of D3 right now...Oh well this is my first play-through and will probably be my last after I kill diablo in inferno -- certainly got my $30 bucks worth out of it.....

/rant

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2012, 05:14.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed
39. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 21:40 SM0k3

only thing I'm impressed with is the Auction House changes, the very limiting search engine really bugged me and the changes really make it actually useful now.

There are a lot of "should of's-could of's" I have for blizzard that would have made the game more enjoyable but it seems the more people that voice these opinions the more in the total opposite direction they go. Maybe they getting right next time....

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 21:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 20:29:
People where asking for actual content, not pseudo not-random-at-all levels and quest locations always in the same fracking place.
That I can by-far agree with, a random map generator would really seriously help out.

Should have stuck with a more traditional leveling system too IMO. I.e. -- user attributed points as you level so every character could be truly unique. I guess the paragon system was suppose to band-aid this....

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Footage
8. Re: Sleeping Dogs Footage Aug 12, 2012, 20:51 SM0k3

this looks like some good fun! definitely in for this....  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Death Rally
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Death Rally Aug 3, 2012, 16:10 SM0k3

yuastnav wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 15:46:
Yeah, no need to bother with Steam.
I couldn't find the original site, though, so here's another link:
click

This game has been definitely released for free, though.

Thanks for the heads-up! worked fine with win7 64bit OS.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Death Rally
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Death Rally Aug 3, 2012, 15:24 SM0k3

Eh, thought this was the original game they were putting on steam. Think I'll pass  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Revival Announced
33. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 20:35 SM0k3

I thought Apogee was defunct subdivision of 3D Realms? eh either way I will definitely welcome the remake -- the MP was a blast to play on TEN.net

PHJF wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:38:
Now all we need is a new Shadow Warrior and the cycle will be complete!

"You no mess with the Lo Wang!"

News Comments > PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches
6. Re: PC Hitman: Sniper Challenge Launches Aug 1, 2012, 17:41 SM0k3

I haven't been very optimistic about this game until I came across the E3 playthrough -- it honestly didn't look bad at all, seems like they're sticking to the roots of what made the hitman series good. I like the fact that you can turn off all the helping features of the game if you want a 'hardcore' experience.

One thing I have been wishing for since the first hitman game is haing the ability to make custom hit missions, or for IO to release mod tools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcJhijTI1Ps

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Grounded
34. Re: Microsoft Flight Grounded Jul 26, 2012, 16:55 SM0k3

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 16:43:
Wildone wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 16:29:
The next FS will be side scrolling 2d, so the console kiddies get too flustered with having to fly in '3d'

Nownow let's give them some credit they wouldn't dumb it down that much.

Instead they'll make it a 360 Kinect only game where you hold your arms out like wings and pretend your a plane. Wooooooosh! Vroooom! Look at me ma I'm flyin!

Tongue

LOL'd pretty hard at that visual! Thanks

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Grounded
31. Re: Microsoft Flight Grounded Jul 26, 2012, 16:24 SM0k3

I'm surprised it took this long. I understand that they were trying to get new users into the flight genre but the flight dynamics had been "dumbed down" so much that there was really no challenge at all. it's ok Microsoft, just give us a proper FS11 and all is forgiven!

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
115. Re: Gabe Newell, confirming what I already knew Jul 26, 2012, 04:28 SM0k3

If valve successfully make steam with all/most of it's supporting game linux compatible then good effin' riddance Windows for me. I'll just use Wine or virtualbox if I need to run Photoshop or something.  

280 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo