Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for rexbinary

Real Name rexbinary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RaZ0r!
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 11, 2000, 16:29
Total Comments 614 (Apprentice)
User ID 8127

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
57. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 16:24 RaZ0r!

I'll pass. Paths of Exile, Torchlight, Van Helsing, heck even Marvel Heroes is more fun in my opinion. Oh and I think I got Sacred 2 on sale....  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Forge Goes Free-to-Play
1. Re: Forge Goes Free-to-Play Aug 19, 2013, 23:13 RaZ0r!

I'm so glad I never bought this the times it was on sale on Steam!  

News Comments > SolForge Open Beta
7. Re: SolForge Open Beta Aug 18, 2013, 20:02 RaZ0r!

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 19:26:
I do not understand why you would play a card game on a computer? Just makes no sense to me. Especially a game like this where your advantage lies in what cards you buy.

I will guess you mean in comparison to using physical cards and playing in person. What's the downside to doing it on the computer in your opinion?

5. Re: SolForge Open Beta Aug 18, 2013, 19:12 RaZ0r!

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 16:18:
Card Hunter is great, forget everything else!

Not bad advice at all.

2. Re: SolForge Open Beta Aug 18, 2013, 10:51 RaZ0r!

I really like the online CCGs nowadays.

My favorite is Scrolls, with Card Hunter a close second. Granted both of those are not completely traditional CCGs as both use a game board which is probably why I like them. I haven't done any microtransactions yet, but I wouldn't be against it if I really start to enjoy one CCG in particular.

I've played SolForge for just a bit, and it's a straight up traditional CCG. It's not bad at all, but not as fun as Scrolls or Card Hunter to me.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2013, 13:52.

News Comments > Hero of the Kingdom and Demo Released
1. Re: Hero of the Kingdom and Demo Released Aug 18, 2013, 10:46 RaZ0r!

Looks like a tablet or Facebook game after watching the gameplay trailer.  

News Comments > Arkane's Prey 2 Rumors Resurface
11. Re: Arkane's Prey 2 Rumors Resurface Aug 16, 2013, 09:45 RaZ0r!

Dagnamit wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 08:41:
Valve has every game studio working on HL 3. Arkane, Bethesda, john carmack, epic and epic. Just wow.

That's why they said System Shock 3.....

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014
18. Re: Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014 Aug 13, 2013, 02:15 RaZ0r!

I finally broke down and bought a Xbox 360 Controller for Windows just a week ago, so I'm good.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
21. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 9, 2013, 05:02 RaZ0r!

Looks like it needs a Packard Bell sticker on it.  

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
46. Re: id: RAGE Aug 5, 2013, 01:52 RaZ0r!

I want id to make me as excited as I was when q3test dropped. Very sadly I don't think that's ever going to happen again. Cry  

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Preorders Get Crusader Kings II & Save Converter
6. Re: Europa Universalis IV Preorders Get Crusader Kings II & Save Converter Jul 30, 2013, 23:59 RaZ0r!

yonder wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 20:23:
RaZ0r! wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 18:07:
I'm a huge Paradox fan, but this sounds dorky really. Is anyone excited by this? I would have much rather just had a head start on the truckload of DLC they are sure to release.

... WHAT?

Have you not ever perused the AAR section of the forums? The "Crusader Kings through Hearts of Iron" single game is a feat dreamed of by many and achieved by oh-so-few...

In fact, you're the first one who claims to be a Paradox fan that doesn't have a nerd swoon (trying to keep it clean) about this.

Are you sure you're not referring to Paradox as a publisher as opposed to a developer?

I guess I'll have to hand in my geek card at the door then, as I'm just not feeling it on this one. Love the AARs (I am a board wargamer as well.), but I've never had any desire to link the games. Maybe it will be fun so I will keep an open mind.

The developer for sure, as the publisher sometimes publishes some stinkers.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Counterattack Map Pack 2 Released
1. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Counterattack Map Pack 2 Released Jul 30, 2013, 21:41 RaZ0r!

Bridges of Druzhina is a lot of fun was already on some of the servers I play on. It's nice it made the cut. I'm not sure if I have played the other two yet or not.  

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Preorders Get Crusader Kings II & Save Converter
2. Re: Europa Universalis IV Preorders Get Crusader Kings II & Save Converter Jul 30, 2013, 18:07 RaZ0r!

I'm a huge Paradox fan, but this sounds dorky really. Is anyone excited by this? I would have much rather just had a head start on the truckload of DLC they are sure to release.  

News Comments > Space Hulk Preorders
7. Re: Space Hulk Preorders Jul 27, 2013, 19:02 RaZ0r!

Here is a dev post from the game's Community Hub on Steam as well:

Yes - we have both hotseat and online coop as well as versus mode. Versus mode ships in the release version, coop is a free update after launch

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns
56. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 26, 2013, 21:03 RaZ0r!

Dev wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 09:17:
So far I'm enjoying the game. There are sidequests in the game, so its not 100% linear. Yes you can't go clicking on everything, but I'm thinking that will improve in modded campaigns

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 01:10:
Honestly, they should have utilized the DLC money for the game first. That was definitely getting ahead of themselves and stretching things to thin. As always get something that's finished and good out the door first, then you go from there.
Likely they did. I don't recall it being a discrete "DLC" option in the KS, it was just a free included option as a stretch goal. I think they may well have done it that way in order to add more content, but have it come out as a discrete chunk after the game release, so it wouldn't extend the development time and money needed too much. I don't know if it was planned that way from the beginning, but its not a bad idea in terms of getting something out the door.
Prez wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 01:30:
RaZ0r! wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 01:22:
Dev wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 23:56:
It has inventory, what it doesn't have is looting corpses.

Steam Workshop already has a mod for lootable corpses.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153541586

Awesome!
Note that that is a mod for future campaigns.
I can't recall if the included campaign is supposed to be editable or not (I'm thinking it is, but not sure), so someone would have to mod the included campaign to include that. And it would have to be rebalanced as well, since its balanced to work without lootable corpses currently.

Yeah I caught later it was just an example of how to implement lootable corpses.

35. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 26, 2013, 01:22 RaZ0r!

Dev wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 23:56:
It has inventory, what it doesn't have is looting corpses.

Steam Workshop already has a mod for lootable corpses.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153541586

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 18:12 RaZ0r!

Put three hours in so far, and I'm very happy with it. Actually they nailed it in my opinion.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 25, 2013, 11:42 RaZ0r!

Maybe they should worry about fixing issues in the current Battlelog like being able to modify your loadout.  

News Comments > Torchlight II Sells 2 Million
10. Re: Torchlight II Sells 2 Million Jul 25, 2013, 11:25 RaZ0r!

I loved Torchlight I. It's my favorite ARPG hands down, but I never could get into Torchlight II. The view, the interface, the gameplay, and the classes were all jarring coming from Torchlight I. Same for a friend of mine as well. We were so disappointed.

I'd have to agree with RollinThundr that Path of Exile is the place to be currently, although I'm one of the few that thinks Marvel Heroes is not all that bad.

Maybe you should take my post with a grain of salt if you're a Marvel Heroes hater.

News Comments > Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited
4. Re: Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited Jul 22, 2013, 09:56 RaZ0r!

I wish Stardock had received Master of Orion!  

614 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo