Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1424 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 09:44 El Pit

Monty Python's will be featured heavily in this game.

"Church!"
"Police!"
"Church Police!"

And in comes the Spanish Inquisition.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
16. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 12, 2014, 07:27 El Pit

Well, THIS is a game where they should take the Metro/Resident Evil etc. approach and do a System Shock 2 Redux in a modern engine. And for this redux/remake, I'd gladly pay them 20 or even 25.  

News Comments > Grand Ages: Medieval Announced
5. Re: Grand Ages: Medieval Announced Aug 11, 2014, 16:13 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 14:54:
the LATE medieval era is certainly an interesting era

This is not the LATE medieval era. It's 1050 AD. The HIGH Middle Ages.

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
11. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 15:07 El Pit

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 15:02:
verybad1 wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 14:51:
Companies have to make their money, in order to stay in business.

So why not make a new game then? What sense does it make to rerelease old games on newer engines? What I have seen of Metro 2033 there is no need at all to update a linear corridor shooter that looked fine already.

Those hd remakes are "en vogue" at the moment. Resident Evil, the Metro games, The Last of Us, and so on. It's alright, it's easy money. No need to work on new contents, "just" polish it. Well, some do a little polish, others do real remakes in new engines. It's "pretested" successful contents, so the devs and pubs expect the customers to buy it again. It's a low risk approach. And I don't damn them for this, it's worth a try.

9. KEEFOX_CHECKED_FLAG_FALSE Aug 10, 2014, 15:01 El Pit

verybad1 wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 14:51:
They don't have to offer the discount at all.

And I don't have to pay as long as it's full price. See, there's an option for all of us. We can all be happy. I would have preferred them taking the Deus Ex approach: $5 for an upgrade per game. They chose not to (which is their right), and I choose not to buy at this price (which is my right). As I said before: I can wait. I'm only about 60 hours into "Divinity: Original Sin" and have just started playing the "Tomb Raider" reboot (which is pretty entertaining except for the far too many QTEs). And my Steam backlog is so huge, I won't be able to play all those games in my lifetime. So there's no problem. I will wait until this upgrade reaches the price I'm willing to pay, and this way they will get some money and I will get the upgrade at a reasonable price. We're all winners!

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
2. KEEFOX_CHECKED_FLAG_FALSE Aug 10, 2014, 11:29 El Pit

So, there are towels in the hangar? I sure hope they are working on a space laundry first and foremost. That's what people want. Make it the next million $ bonus goal.

Could we please have different towels? BANG, another million $ stretch goal. See how the money rolls in?

1. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 10:35 El Pit

We think...
We felt...

And I think and feel that I will be buying the Redux update for a fiver. I can wait. Even a year or two.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
15. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 9, 2014, 08:19 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 18:38:
Tom wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 18:34:
The people who didn't get paid always had the option to quit and find a job somewhere else. But hey, that would take some personal responsibility which is so uncool these days, so let's blame the guys at the top instead! Well good luck finding a job when Crytek is no more, after having badmouthed your company in public. That always goes over real well with prospective employers. Maybe they can become taxi drivers - by all accounts, the game industry sucks to work in anyway.

It's called the fucking social contract, asshole. Maybe Yerli and those dicks should sell their luxury cars and pay what they OWE people. How about that? The reason society doesn't collapse and run wild is because we mostly all agree on the way things are done like exchanging time and labour for money and/or goods. What do you do just rib and murder people to get by? Fucking clown.

These must be strange times, but I agree with Cutter.

Wait, did I really just write this?!

News Comments > Casey Hudson Departs BioWare
18. Re: Casey Hudson Departs BioWare Aug 8, 2014, 02:05 El Pit

So Casey Hudson came into the head honcho's office, where the boss' kid sat on a table. On this table, there was a red, a green, and a blue letter. All of them said "You're fired!", but on the red you could read "...but it was a n amicable split", the green said "...because you wanted to leave us", and the blue said "...because WE fired YOU". Hudson slowly clapped, took the green letter, and left quietly.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced
14. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced Aug 7, 2014, 13:37 El Pit

Was it a braindead decision to release this game? Is this release DOA? Will it feature "Bullet in the Head" by Rage Against The Machine in soundtrack? And how is George A. Romero involved? All this on Steam TV tonight! Braaaaaaaiiiiiiins... Time to watch Return of the Living Dead again. And again. And again. And...  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
14. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 13:00 El Pit

nin wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 11:48:
It's the "please save our asses" port!

Hm... If they were honest, it would sound like "Please save our asses, you damned pc pirates! Consoles ftw!"

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Plans
6. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Plans Aug 7, 2014, 11:13 El Pit

Hm... How about making the base game (the classic part without the expansions) completely f2p? This way I would start my first WoW game EVER!  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced
9. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Announced Aug 7, 2014, 11:11 El Pit

Can't wait to see the zombies guard the bomb. Or what about the new wall hack? "Admin, he's a cheetah! He bit me through the wall! NOT FAIR!"  

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin
29. Re: Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin Aug 6, 2014, 06:42 El Pit

Thanks for the freebies, EA. Keep 'em coming.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
15. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 12:29 El Pit

CR has all the teams working on the presentation because this could woo people so that they can make more millions that they really, really need (no, I kid you not they need lots and lots more money) to pay the people that should work on all the promised features but who instead work on the presentation which they need to... Ever see a snake bite its own tail?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
10. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 14:39 El Pit

Cabezone wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 14:32:
harlock wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 14:00:
Cabezone wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:59:
You can buy Star Citizen for 40 dollars.

and, you can get the entire elite game for less than this spaceship used in star shitizen, which doesnt include the game itself

Which is a completely meaningless comparison, which you seem to have failed to grasp.

Actually it's you who didn't get it in your answer to harlock's first posting. But never mind. I hope both games turn out well, there is more than enough room for two great space sims. And yes, I supported Elite from the very beginning, but I put my money where my mouth is when I promised to support SC, too, if they offer a playable version of actual space combat, which they finally did.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. RE: GaymerX Jul 29, 2014, 09:04 El Pit

GaymerX? Really? Is there any sexual/racial problem in gaming that needs to be addressed? Where is HeteRox, the political lobby group about hetero rock musicians, or AfriGame about African American gamers or... *sighs* Really, guys, there are more important groups that need every single buck to fight starvation, diseases, and the Starbuckisation of once great coffee. Well, alright, maybe the last one does not need the money.  

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
21. Crytek secure funds for transition from life to death Jul 26, 2014, 03:37 El Pit

It's a shame to see Crytek go belly up. I loved FarCry and Crysis, and I even liked Crysis 2. I haven't played Crysis 3 yet, it's one of the 500 games on my backlist. I would have liked to play other games on pc, but I am not into MOBA or Multiplayer FPS. It seems I stopped being part of their target audience a while ago.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. What the president really wanted to say is... Jul 22, 2014, 09:20 El Pit

This kickstarter sounds more and more as if Boris Yeltsin was the mastermind behind it.  

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
27. PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up Jul 22, 2014, 09:19 El Pit

They have given up on us! They are leaving us behind! We're doomed! DOOMED! I tell ya! This is the end of pc gaming! Repent! The end is nigh!  

1424 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo