Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1415 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Aug 19, 2014, 09:34 El Pit

I know, MoreLuckThanSkill, they even arrested a reporter of our local news magazine and let him go after three hours. The problem is that the news guys very often are where "the action" is taking place (because we, the viewers, want to see "action" in our news, it's selling better this way), and that's very often why they get arrested. Of course, this does not justify to arrest e.g. camera or sound people who are because of their equipment obviously no potential rioting idiots.

And this is an advice you're getting from all those guys who have ever attended important soccer games in big stadiums: once the hooligans start firing up, RUN AWAY FROM THEM. Let them stand alone, so the officers can take care of them. Don't stand there, even applauding some arsoning fools. This way you become one of them in the eyes of the law. And yes, it works.

Right now the situation there is messed up. One side has to make the first step: either the authorities leave the city (unlikely, they're not allowed to let the violent part of the protesters just do whatever they want), or the peaceful fraction of this riot tells the idiots that they're on their own now and stays at home, so that everybody who is still outside can easily be taken care of. After that, find an appropriate way to protest. Most of all I hope that nobody (no officer, no PEACEFUL protester) gets hurt and that justice can be done. I hope that there can be a fair trial after all to find out what has led to the death of the young man. And I want all of those looters and violent rioters to stand in front of a judge, too.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Into the Black Aug 19, 2014, 06:13 El Pit

jdreyer, blind on one eye...

Looting and molotov cocktails are an act of free speech for you? Or means of peaceful protest? You know what those protesters should do? Hire buses, drive to Washington, and ALL OF THEM should stand in front of the White House. Not throwing molotov cocktails, not even shouting anything, just standing there in complete silence (no interviews, nothing!) and waiting with lots of press around them... I would expect a non-violent and most likely useful reaction by the government. THAT is the way to do it. But looting and throwing molotov cocktails and attacking other cops is the most idiotic reaction possible. Let's all prove how peaceful we are by starting a riot. Yeah, sure, makes totally sense.

By the way, a topic like this with a headline "into the Black" is somehow...

3. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2014, 22:30 El Pit

Somebody should tell the people of Ferguson that proving that they are peaceful by starting a huge riot does not make sense.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 12:50 El Pit

Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 12:10:
Yup, I hate them. I want my game utterly complete for the original price I'm paying for it. If I need to buy the DLC, I'd much rather pirate them... which means I have to pirate the entire game in order for them to work... which means that buying the game so that I can play a clean game with working achievements would be stupid... which means that although I'd normally buy the game, DLC pushes me over the edge of pirating instead.

If we're not talking about day 1 DLC's but content that will gradually be developed and release months into release, I'm completely fine with that and I even support it if the game still interests me by that time -- which it rarely ever does, though.

Nope, day-1 DLCs are still the biggest scam the game industry has ever come up with and it's kinda curious why there hasn't been an all-out revolt.

The alternative to STEALING the game is to wait for the complete/ultimate/game of the year/whatever version including all the dlcs. Most of the distributors (exception: EA) release the complete versions of their games a year or so later at low prices. See - again no reason to steal stuff.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2014, 12:32 El Pit

nin wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 12:05:

Still a rumor about Star Wars, but this news item last month makes it look that way.

Wonder how George feels about that, and if he had any say.

Speaking of revisionists, I got nervous a few weeks ago when Peter Jackson talked about going back and inserting more footage in Lord Of The Rings. Don't be a George, Peter!

George lost his mojo after Indy 3 IMO. That was 25 years ago!

George said that the original trilogy has been lost in its original form. And now, after he is out of Star Wars, we will get this "lost" version.

I love the original trilogy, and I am VERY happy that Star Wars is in new hands now. Clone Wars and the prequel trilogy convinced me that we would be better off with new Star Wars showrunners. Will Episode VII be great? Who knows. But at least now there is a chance that it can be good. JJ is going for lots of practical effects and real sets, so it seems he is doing a lot of things right. It might work in the end. We'll see.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
53. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 17, 2014, 10:51 El Pit

Ehm... Big names in Wing Commander? Mark Hamill seems to be a very nice guy, but nowhere a big name in movie biz. Except for Star Wars, his career has been less then stellar (pun intended). And Rhys-Davies neither is a top star in Hollywood, but has been co-starring in some good movies (Raiders, Rings...) AND starred in a lot of cheap b- and c-movie productions. Both are not earning million(s) for (voice) acting.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 17, 2014, 10:43 El Pit

Which is, of course, totally comparable to recording phone calls, e-mails, and everything else of tens of millions of citizens in friendly countries... Rolleyes

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
33. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 17:29 El Pit

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 16:57:
As for the extra money raised, that's going to things like hiring big name voice actors (which they reckon could cost $20-30m)

I don't know much about producing games, but a bit about movie production. $20 to 30m for VOICE acting is A LOT. For this money, they could get Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, and Cameron Diaz. They all range between $5 and 15m (voice acting). You can get 10 to 15 non top tier hollywood stars for $20 to 30m like Nic Cage or Adam Sandler. If they go with third tier stars like e.g. Vin Diesel, they can hire 30 to 40 well known actors for that price. And I doubt that this is what they will do. I expect them to hire five or six well known actors and actresses in the $500,000 to 1m range and lots of other experienced but mostly unknown voice actors instead of hollywood stars.

News Comments > Design TF2 Merchandise, Profit
2. Re: Design TF2 Merchandise, Profit Aug 15, 2014, 13:03 El Pit

And all of this is soooo much cooler than working on Half-Life 3, Valve? Really? Gabe, move some desks to the H-L3 group and NAIL them there. Then glue some guys who would rather work on TF2 hats, updates for the DOA Steam OS, or the Steam controller which is now pretty much exactly the same as all those other console controllers to these chairs and tell them to work on H-L3 "or else".

Really, even Duke Nukem Forever has been released a few YEARS ago. If Star Citizen is released before H-L3, then we all know that Valve is no longer into designing games ever again. They rather buy indie developers with their semi-ready games, release those games, and then let the indie developer work on TF2 hats. Can it be? Is Chris Roberts superior in managing game development to Gabe and those Steam Pipes at Valve?

Then again, what could a company called Valve with a service called Steam produce but Vaporware? Hot wet air?

EDIT: Okay, I love my Steam. But it's really pissing me off that there is NO episode 3 and no H-L3 news. GamesCom is running, and what are the gaming News that Valve/Steam is serving us? They're letting users work on TF2 underwear. Great.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2014, 13:11.

News Comments > Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free
9. Re: Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free Aug 15, 2014, 12:57 El Pit

Clever move by EA. This way nobody needs to torrent this game to "test" it.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
6. Re: Evening Patches Aug 15, 2014, 06:44 El Pit

Luke wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 03:43:
its not about interface improvement its all abot more sniffing tools but hey a little glossy here and there and peps jump right in , easy people easy people Book

Source? Proof?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 09:44 El Pit

Monty Python's will be featured heavily in this game.

"Church!"
"Police!"
"Church Police!"

And in comes the Spanish Inquisition.

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
16. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 12, 2014, 07:27 El Pit

Well, THIS is a game where they should take the Metro/Resident Evil etc. approach and do a System Shock 2 Redux in a modern engine. And for this redux/remake, I'd gladly pay them 20 or even 25.  

News Comments > Grand Ages: Medieval Announced
5. Re: Grand Ages: Medieval Announced Aug 11, 2014, 16:13 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 14:54:
the LATE medieval era is certainly an interesting era

This is not the LATE medieval era. It's 1050 AD. The HIGH Middle Ages.

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
11. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 15:07 El Pit

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 15:02:
verybad1 wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 14:51:
Companies have to make their money, in order to stay in business.

So why not make a new game then? What sense does it make to rerelease old games on newer engines? What I have seen of Metro 2033 there is no need at all to update a linear corridor shooter that looked fine already.

Those hd remakes are "en vogue" at the moment. Resident Evil, the Metro games, The Last of Us, and so on. It's alright, it's easy money. No need to work on new contents, "just" polish it. Well, some do a little polish, others do real remakes in new engines. It's "pretested" successful contents, so the devs and pubs expect the customers to buy it again. It's a low risk approach. And I don't damn them for this, it's worth a try.

9. KEEFOX_CHECKED_FLAG_FALSE Aug 10, 2014, 15:01 El Pit

verybad1 wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 14:51:
They don't have to offer the discount at all.

And I don't have to pay as long as it's full price. See, there's an option for all of us. We can all be happy. I would have preferred them taking the Deus Ex approach: $5 for an upgrade per game. They chose not to (which is their right), and I choose not to buy at this price (which is my right). As I said before: I can wait. I'm only about 60 hours into "Divinity: Original Sin" and have just started playing the "Tomb Raider" reboot (which is pretty entertaining except for the far too many QTEs). And my Steam backlog is so huge, I won't be able to play all those games in my lifetime. So there's no problem. I will wait until this upgrade reaches the price I'm willing to pay, and this way they will get some money and I will get the upgrade at a reasonable price. We're all winners!

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
2. KEEFOX_CHECKED_FLAG_FALSE Aug 10, 2014, 11:29 El Pit

So, there are towels in the hangar? I sure hope they are working on a space laundry first and foremost. That's what people want. Make it the next million $ bonus goal.

Could we please have different towels? BANG, another million $ stretch goal. See how the money rolls in?

1. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 10:35 El Pit

We think...
We felt...

And I think and feel that I will be buying the Redux update for a fiver. I can wait. Even a year or two.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
15. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 9, 2014, 08:19 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 18:38:
Tom wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 18:34:
The people who didn't get paid always had the option to quit and find a job somewhere else. But hey, that would take some personal responsibility which is so uncool these days, so let's blame the guys at the top instead! Well good luck finding a job when Crytek is no more, after having badmouthed your company in public. That always goes over real well with prospective employers. Maybe they can become taxi drivers - by all accounts, the game industry sucks to work in anyway.

It's called the fucking social contract, asshole. Maybe Yerli and those dicks should sell their luxury cars and pay what they OWE people. How about that? The reason society doesn't collapse and run wild is because we mostly all agree on the way things are done like exchanging time and labour for money and/or goods. What do you do just rib and murder people to get by? Fucking clown.

These must be strange times, but I agree with Cutter.

Wait, did I really just write this?!

News Comments > Casey Hudson Departs BioWare
18. Re: Casey Hudson Departs BioWare Aug 8, 2014, 02:05 El Pit

So Casey Hudson came into the head honcho's office, where the boss' kid sat on a table. On this table, there was a red, a green, and a blue letter. All of them said "You're fired!", but on the red you could read "...but it was a n amicable split", the green said "...because you wanted to leave us", and the blue said "...because WE fired YOU". Hudson slowly clapped, took the green letter, and left quietly.  

1415 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo