Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1610 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2015, 16:21 El Pit

Julio wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 13:43:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 13:29:
a model where non-backers(!) would be able to download the first episode of Squadron 42 as a free-to-play game

Non-backers will probably get to play this as much as backers. Either it will collapse before release, or die after the first episode. Entertaining either way.

3 hours for $35? Call of Star Citizen?

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
52. Re: Op Ed Jul 18, 2015, 16:20 El Pit

dubfanatic wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 15:06:
Trump/Smart 2016

I think one of them would only accept Smart/Trump 2016. Or is it SmarTrump?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month Jul 18, 2015, 15:34 El Pit

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 15:23:
It's dead to the PC regardless. Just like WB and Rocksteady are now.

Yes, this single disaster will definitely be the end of that tiny little company calle Warner Bros.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
31. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 05:55 El Pit

Say what you want - I'm ready for some more Fallout, and I've played and finished all of them (even FO: Tactics). Let's get ready to rumble, Dogmeat!  

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
71. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 13:42 El Pit

harlock wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 11:19:
ahh yes the RED TEXT.. the internet equivalent of clapping your hands rhythmically while youre yelling at someone.. you know, to emphasize the DRAMA

No, no, no. RED means STOP, and in this case RED means FACT. And we all know, when somebody says FACT!, then the discussion is over. You cannot win against FACT and even less vs. FACT!

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
8. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 15, 2015, 09:41 El Pit

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 09:35:
If they're too small to handle the projects then expand. It's one thing to outsource aspects of the game to outside contractors but it's another entirely to outsource the entire game.

As Gearbox pointed out, Duke Nukem is a big franchise and has massive brand recognition. If they do it right it could be their biggest game to date. This to me sounds like it will be a shovelware sequel.

Exactly, do a kickstarter that includes a persiistent dukeverse, boarding of strippers, tps and fps interaction with poledancers, limited editions of flyable machines, and much, much more. Add any stretch goals that comes to mind until you reach $80,000,000+, and open plenty of studios all over the world working on different modules for the game. When it comes to a release date, say "2018" and add "in Duke Nukem time", and everybody knows that this means "Right after the full release of Star Citizen".

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
65. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 09:37 El Pit

Zandog wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 03:07:
A message to Bluenews. You don't have to take away freedom of speech but when you allow toxic behavior on you're website, it takes away viewers that the great journalism and reporting this site does provide.

Translation: Somebody at a site called Bluenews (sic!) should block all criticism like WE (Zandog and others) do at our precious RSI forum. Dear admin of Bluenews, become one with the family, resistance is futile, we are the...

Oops.

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
3. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 15, 2015, 09:33 El Pit

Either 3DRealms or Chris Roberts' CIG would be the first to come to mind. Of course, xbox 1 should be the lead development platform, ant those guys that did the Arkham Knight port should port it to pc. That would be the opmimal production environment for such a great franchise.  

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jul 14, 2015, 13:30 El Pit

LurkerLito wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:45:
I do hope we can get some independent third party accountants and video game experienced executive producer to look over the current books and progress. I don't see it as happening though.

Either Roberts will turn this wish into a stretch goal (something like 1,000,000,000 - Independent 3rd party accountants and vg experienced executive producers will join SC as controllers), or he will say that this would totally be feature creep and too expensive and could therefore never be realized.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2015, 04:06 El Pit

What do you mean "That bridge you sold me is no good"? What did you expect? Who has ever built a bridge in 3 or 4 years? Yes, we told you the bridge would be ready after 4 years, but now you will get not only a bridge, but it is also a submarine, a ship, an airplane, a space shuttle, and an aircraft carrier ALL IN ONE! Who has ever built this in 4 years? WHO? TELL ME? And stop telling us you only paid for and wanted a bridge. This super bridge you will get WHEN IT'S DONE will be much better than anything we promised! It'll also come with a free bottle of snake oil! Cures all your problems if you'll drink it up! PROMISE! By the way, that bridge is now a bit more expensive so it would be great if you could give us more money. No, no, we promise we can make it with the cash we got but... You know... Yes, I know. Why do we ask for more money if we don't need it. Well, it could take longer if we don't get more money. Look, we offer you this RSI Snake Oil for just $2,500. Limited sale! Only for our best customers!  

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
34. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 11:58 El Pit

Deathhead wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 11:52:
I sold my Scout LTI package today, so I'm happy with that. Tripled my "investment".

Any tip where people can legally sell their shares in this (possibility of a) game?

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
31. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 11:56 El Pit

‘Star Marine is delayed indefinitely.’ - "First of all: the phrase ‘delayed indefinitely’ being bandied around is incorrect…"

Because for CIG, indefinitely does not mean indefinitely. We create games and even create our own semantics!

‘Chris Roberts is wasting his time directing the performance capture shoot.’ - "Positively untrue…"

Why, you ask? Because he's having fun! How can it be wasted time if he is having fun?!

‘Feature creep!’ - "I don’t have much to say to this, beyond that it’s not accurate…"

It's not accurate because we say so. For TRUE fans, this should be enough. Only infidels will question our point of view. And you don't want to be an infidel, right? RIGHT?!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 11:24 El Pit

Blue, the bombing happened in 2005, not 2007.

But the date, as all historical dates, is not the problem. If you just really dig in deep, you will find that humans killed other humans on almost every day. It's not a date that is the problem, it's the people killing other people on ANY date. So my personal opinion is that nobody should be angry at you, because I think that some people were born on 7/7 and will get married on 7/7 and will find the love of their life on 7/7 or will be declared cured by some dr. med. on 7/7 and so on. Good things and bad things happen every day all around us, but it can never be blamed on the date, just on the people.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
26. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 14:56 El Pit

Wildone wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 14:06:
Not asking for much are you, from a team of what 10 people? Geezuz..

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 13:52:
So far all the planets I have seen in various NMS demos (around a dozen or so) have had great variation in flora, fauna, geography, etc, but the population levels have been mostly the same: mostly undeveloped, but with a trading post. I wonder if there will be cities, planets that are mostly populated with humans, or alien civilizations, etc. Or completely undeveloped planets without trading posts or sentinels.

He said that tiny ship had a good sized cargo hold. Doesn’t seem right.

I wonder if there is a stun type weapon you can use against the more aggressive fauna so you don’t trigger the sentinels.

There have been battles in space, will there be battles between armies on planets? Like being in the middle of a Sup Com battle with all procedurally generated mechs, tanks, ships, etc.

That game will be...

STAR CITIZEN!!!

*giggles*

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
28. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 7, 2015, 03:53 El Pit

...and when will the other foot drop?

I loved AMD as nVidia's competitor but haven't bought an AMD graphics card for a couple of years because of the trouble I had with the 6870 (or whatever it was) back then. But having them off the market most likely pretty soon is not a good thing if you want faster and cheaper nVidia cards.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
38. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 12:45 El Pit

BadIronTree wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 12:42:
Its the 4th guy Blizzard is taking from SC people ... are they planing a Starcraft Space MMO?

The current ActiBlizz company is rather working on either a) a StarCraft card game or b) a StarCraft sidescrolling platformer.

37. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs To Work On An Actual Game? Jul 6, 2015, 12:42 El Pit

Zor wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 12:38:
...the grand scheme of things... will a) take awhile to develop and b) that IF it's EVER done it will be pretty awesome?

I like you. You're funny.

33. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs To Work On An Actual Game? Jul 6, 2015, 12:34 El Pit

How comes there is no South Park episode dealing with Feature Star Creep? I can actually hear Cartman laugh when I read the latest news on the game that will be released right after Half-Life 2: Episode 3, but not before Sin Episodes: Episode 2.  

30. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 12:16 El Pit

Latest News: Cloud Imperium Games has been renamed to Vapor Cloud Games and will move to Greece

Comment by head honcho Chris Roberts: In Greece, we will have a referendum on whether we will finish the game or not and whether we will nevertheless not only keep the money from our supporters but will force them to keep on supporting Vapor (Cloud) Games as we see fit!

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 16:20 El Pit

Double post instead of an edit, sorry. Can't delete the post...  

1610 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo