Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1527 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2015, 11:31 El Pit

Steam shows me that a lot of the Bluesnewsers have become pig farmers?!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain Next Month
7. Re: Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain Next Month Mar 7, 2015, 10:10 El Pit

I can't get into those online card games, but to each their own.

JonJonz first name? BobBob? Living in a little village calle TrollTrollz?

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
58. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 12:25 El Pit

MacLeod wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:02:
InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 09:40:
I lost interest in HL when they went episodic. I got the Orange Box for TF2 (when it used to NOT be free) and for kicks installed episode 1 and 2 just to check them out. Lost interest about half way through...

Well, considering that Valve apparently lost interest 66% of the way through on Episodes (Episode 3 never came out), you weren't that far behind them.

Stop hating episodic gaming! IT'S THE FUTURE! With Source Engine 2, "Sin: Episode 2" should be out any century now!

57. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 12:24 El Pit

Necrophob wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 11:20:
Maybe the reason they haven't done HL3 yet is because they can't get Blue to hold still for the artists to draw? :/

I always thought that "Breaking Bad" was starring Gordon Freeman! But why did they call him "Walter"?!

56. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 12:23 El Pit

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 09:00:
I'm quite content waiting for HL3 and I hope people temper their expectations so we don't get a DNF scenario.

Exactly! Don't rush it! Take your time with Half-Life 3! A few decades more or less - who cares as long as the game will be good!

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Into the Black Mar 3, 2015, 06:14 El Pit

I'm not sold on this Alien sequel yet. Bringing Ripley back (which is sure, she has confirmed it herself in interviews), maybe Biehn, ignoring Alien 3 (which wasn't as bad as you remember it, the workprint version is really good!) and the very awkward Alien 4 - that sounds a bit strange to me. Blomkamp is also speaking in riddles when it comes to Alien 3 and 4 (Ignore them? No? Follow their storylines? No? Wait - what? Taking a shower without getting wet?!), and I'm not Blomkamp's biggest fan. District 9 was good, but not stellar, and everything after that was meh. There are better, hungry directors out there in my opinion. We'll see.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. GOG Mar 3, 2015, 06:07 El Pit

Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 02:45:
GOG could probably learn a thing from Valve...

They already have learned too much! Geo-(b)locking, regional pricing, DRM in the store (not in the games yet)... Too much reminds me of Steam nowadays. GOG is becoming just another online game sales platform. The mighty have fallen. One world, one price... That is the past.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. GOG going Steam (sort of) Feb 28, 2015, 12:03 El Pit

Blue, GOG introduced geo-(b)locking of games with the start of its German webpage. They blocked the access of people with German ip addresses to the store pages of some games (for now, just Comanndos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2 and 3). After starting regional pricing and creating their own download client, this is another move to becoming "Little Steam" in my opinion. This story might be of interest to you.  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Feb 28, 2015, 05:26 El Pit

RIP, Mr. Nimoy, and thank you very, very much for hours of wonderful entertainment... "you green-blooded, inhuman..."  

News Comments > On Sale
9. GOG introduced DRM to its shop Feb 28, 2015, 05:13 El Pit

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 01:07:
El Pit wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 00:23:
GOG has now fallen to censorship. With the introduction of the German website, they also introduced a geolock. Some games are no longer available for German GOG customers. Way to go, GOG! This cherry has officially been popped. So, thanks GOG, it's been nice. Don't call me, I will call you.

Wow, really? That's really disappointing...

Yes, it's unfortunately true. So, GOG games are still DRM free, but the shop is no longer. Geo-lock is the beginning of the end. Further down the road, expect them to turn into just another online games platform (JAOGP instead of GOG). G2A must be quite happy about that!

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Feb 28, 2015, 00:23 El Pit

GOG has now fallen to censorship. With the introduction of the German website, they also introduced a geolock. Some games are no longer available for German GOG customers. Way to go, GOG! This cherry has officially been popped. So, thanks GOG, it's been nice. Don't call me, I will call you.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Feb 28, 2015, 00:21 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 21:56:
Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 19:34:
Social Justice Warriors expresses frustration with how people use divisive labels – like “SJW” and “troll” – to discredit and silence each other. No matter what social values you have, attacking and ridiculing other people not only fails to achieve progress but has an additional effect of escalating the conflict while exhausting your patience and eroding your reputation.

Wow, that gem is right up there with 'war never solves anything'. Who wants to live in a world where everyone holds hands and sings Kumbaya all day long? Why don't they see if they can get people in public places can achieve some modicum of situational awareness and grasp the fact that the world doesn't revolve around them. Fix that then you can come talk to me about "labels". Most people are just no damn good. We're a deeply flawed and atavistic species. And all the feel good PC bullshit in the world won't change that.

Sooooooo, how does it play?

It's called "Life". It's free to play, but absolutely pay to win. I wouldn't recommend it.

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Released; Missing Co-op Complaints
7. Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2 Released; Missing Co-op Complaints Feb 25, 2015, 13:24 El Pit

Well, we overpromised, but thanks for preordering our game! Co-op will be added later as a paid dlc, so please don't hate us - WE WILL DELIVER... for some more of your cash! Have I already thanked you for preordering?  

News Comments > Elite: Deadly TradeMarked
13. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 20, 2015, 04:02 El Pit

Stupide trademark. We at Blue's News have decided: it's "Elite: PC Gamer" or BUST!  

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
57. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 19, 2015, 04:39 El Pit

Vio wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 04:10:
Ward wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:16:
win 10 is a free upgrade for win 7 and 8 and all recent cards should support it. If not GPU upgrades are dirt cheap.

For now.™

Actually its free for the first year after that you got to subscribe...

Where did you read this? Win10 is a free upgrade for win 7 and win 8 users for one year after Win10's release date, after that they will have to pay for the UPGRADE. For private users, Win10 will stay free to use until... well... the end of time? See? The time to upgrade for free is limited, not the time you can use Win10.

News Comments > EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception
19. Re: SOPA - Aaron Swartz Feb 13, 2015, 03:52 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 16:56:
So the solution is to not fight against that at all? What are you saying? Not sure what your point is.

Not at all. But one has to understand that going against big money and its henchmen in politics and courtrooms means that you will most likely lose EVERYTHING you got. In this game, the big corporations write the laws (or game rules), so it is almost impossible to win in the end in their game. Swartz was put under a constantly growing pressure until he broke. Legally, he might have won this battle, but only to be sued again the very next day. If the gamemaster changes the rules while you're playing so that you cannot win, you will not win as long as you play by the rules and play the gamemaster's game at all. Prepare to lose, and to lose badly, or lose and become some kind of a martyr. That's just my personal experience and opinion, though.

18. Re: EFF Seeks DMCA Game Exception Feb 13, 2015, 03:44 El Pit

Cutter, I would have gotten angry if it hadn't been you. But you live in your very own cutterverse, so I can't take you serious.  

12. SOPA - Aaron Swartz Feb 12, 2015, 13:55 El Pit

ldonyo wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 12:49:
SOPA and CISPA didn't die on their own, they were taken out back and beaten by people who did more than whine and cry about how awful those pieces of legislation were. The EFF and ACLU were the main instigators of the efforts to kill those bills before they ever got out of committee.

But those people often pay a price too high. Aaron Swartz was a brilliant mind and great guy who collapsed under the pressure big money and its muppets (called politicians - BOTH democrats and republicans!) put on him by means of a very business friendly law, some dating back to the 80s and just plain wrong in our times, but good to silence activists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Swartz

https://archive.org/details/TheInternetsOwnBoyTheStoryOfAaronSwartz

News Comments > Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming
7. Re: Dying Light Free Hard Mode Update Coming Feb 12, 2015, 04:52 El Pit

Free content additions, mod support, no MMO, no kickstarter, no early access, no greenlight... YOU'RE DOING IT ALL WRONG! Imagine if Dying Light 2 had no DLCs, but everything would already be in the game! *BOOM* Head explodes!  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
4. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 10:51 El Pit

Hm... Could this evolve into something good?  

1527 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo