Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1255 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Anomaly 2 Next Month; Two-for-One Preorders
2. Re: Anomaly 2 Next Month; Two-for-One Preorders Apr 30, 2013, 08:49 El Pit

BOuGHT! The first one was pretty entertaining and had some nice graphics beyond its good gameplay.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 27, 2013, 04:37 El Pit

I guess I know who M$ learned its lesson from: We don't shoot people, we're only selling weapons to those who do! Rolleyes2  

News Comments > Thief Production Issues?
8. Re: Thief Production Issues? Apr 27, 2013, 00:25 El Pit

"...creative confusion and a lack of publisher oversight."

Read: It's not yet enough optimized for controllers, has not enough qte, and some features and parts of the story have to be cut for later dlcs. And the game in general has three situations that need the player to be stealthy which have to be changed to run-and-gun-sequences. YAY!

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Announced
8. Re: Defense Grid 2 Announced Apr 25, 2013, 23:50 El Pit

YES! Awesome. Time to check Creston's scores and break those that are better than mine.  

News Comments > EA Cuts Staff
4. Re: EA Cuts Staff Apr 25, 2013, 15:57 El Pit

Quick! Let's save them! We must all buy Sim City NOW!

Or maybe they need to add a RMAH to Sim City? Or make it an MMO card game?

Bah, those gamers are so picky these days.

News Comments > EA Partners to Close?
7. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 09:50 El Pit

Soon: same headline, but without "Partners"?  

News Comments > Bethesda's Endless Summer Sighted
3. Re: Bethesda's Endless Summer Sighted Apr 23, 2013, 12:04 El Pit

It's a cruel, cruel, cruel summer!  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 21, 2013, 15:26 El Pit

DangerDog wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 14:43:
Is windows 8.1 going to be a paid upgrade?

No. It'll be free for Win8 users.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 21, 2013, 10:14 El Pit

Kosumo wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 06:16:
I wonder how many people you could educate for the cost of a single B2 Bomber?

Don't know either, but dropping them on the enemy might not have the same effect as the regular B2 payload. Although they would be quite smart bombs.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Apr 21, 2013, 02:00 El Pit

Dev wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 19:30:
Would it be though? My understanding is that in germany, one can go a gamestore and ask them to get the USA retail box imported version from behind the counter, and they can sell it to you. They just can't advertise or display it.

As I said before, I don't know the details of those laws, but when I visited Germany, that was how it seemed to work.

Unfortunately not. Some games are on the "index", and may be bought from behind the counter, though the shops can neither advertise nor display them. Other games have been confiscated and must not be sold at all! The funny thing: a lot of the indexed versions are nevertheless censored. Uncensored boxed versions of indexed titles can be imported, confiscated ones not at all.

And to top it all off, some publishers don't allow the activation of imported versions on Steam.

It's a bloody mess because of pseudo-Christians trying to fool the citizens to believe that games and movies are responsible for violence and therefore need to be censored and classified.

In the end it's coming down to this: with shops like GMG refusing to sell uncensored titles online, even 30- and 40-somethings have to rely on either the gray market key stores (risky) or on Steam gifts from fellow gamers from other countries. Or there is the possiblity to warez those games, which I don't want to. It's another example of how the pirates have an easier life (download, copy crack into the folder, enjoy) compared to honest customers. And on the other hand, we got the games industry whining about less sales... Yeah, right! Sell the (uncensored) game to the people, and they might give you money for it, fools!

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Apr 20, 2013, 15:54 El Pit

Dev wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 15:26:
El Pit wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 15:04:
Thx, Dev, but I won't try proxies and fake addresses to cheat them into TAKING MY MONEY. It's a bit like voting with my wallet: they want my money, they need to put pressure on the publishers.

Instead, it'll be back to Steam gifts for the next sale for the few censored games I'm interested in. Got most of them already, so... I can wait. It's a shame about the great GMG sales, though.
What pressure can they put on the publishers? The publishers hold all the cards, the publishers basically tell companies to comply or they can't sell their stuff.

Also if its censored stuff, the publishers cannot bend, or else they'd be liable (I'm not sure of the details of the laws, they could be theoretically be criminally liable if they allowed it to happen).

Dev, I will not break the law via proxies and fake addresses just to make somebody take my money. If they want it, it's up to them to move and challenge those that stand in the way of their profit. All that I can do is a) don't give my vote to any party supporting censorship, and b) putting pressure on all profiteers by not buying censored games from them.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Apr 20, 2013, 15:04 El Pit

Thx, Dev, but I won't try proxies and fake addresses to cheat them into TAKING MY MONEY. It's a bit like voting with my wallet: they want my money, they need to put pressure on the publishers.

Instead, it'll be back to Steam gifts for the next sale for the few censored games I'm interested in. Got most of them already, so... I can wait. It's a shame about the great GMG sales, though.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Apr 20, 2013, 13:53 El Pit

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 13:25:
GMG has always had restrictions on their publisher agreements, mainly that certain games can ONLY be sold to UK residents. So it's not just Germany being left out, dude.

As of lately, GMG hat become more prohibitive. Like, I am not allowed to buy GTA: San Andreas, because they're selling the uncensored version. And during their "zombie" sale they even posted on their blog that Germans were not allowed to buy a couple of games. This really sucks, because I bought a lot of games from GMG. What about OZ gamers? Are they allowed to buy the "evil" games?

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Apr 20, 2013, 13:12 El Pit

The only thing this kind of "prohibition" induces, is less sales for the legal shops, and more sales of keys from the grey market, including trouble with Russian, etc. keys on Steam. Complete bs, if you ask me.

But on the other hand, a couple of people here already helped me out on Steam with uncensored games, so it's no biggie in the end thanks to you, guys.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Apr 20, 2013, 10:53 El Pit

Dev wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 08:04:
El Pit wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 05:55:
And GMG bit the dust for me. They've got regional restrictions now (some games not available anymore for customers with German IPs), so I guess it's bye-bye. What a shame, I really liked them.
Pretty sure they have to by law.

I wonder if a proxy would help a situation like that?

Only until they check the address of the the cc owner. And it would have to be a trusted proxy, i.e. one you need to pay for. Otherwise I wouldn't use it with my cc data. Anyway, too much hassle to deal with. What are they afraid of? Germany invading the UK?

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 20, 2013, 05:55 El Pit

And GMG bit the dust for me. They've got regional restrictions now (some games not available anymore for customers with German IPs), so I guess it's bye-bye. What a shame, I really liked them.  

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
24. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:30 El Pit

CrashTestDummy wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 12:29:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 09:53:
I do love horror games, but it's pretty rare that when you add "action" it turns out well. With what I've been shown, I see no reason to get excited... I know it's Bethesda, but it's not them making it...

Both Condemned : Criminal Origins, and the original F.E.A.R (not talking about any of the sequels here), did quiet an excellent job of mixing action and horror. The abandoned mannequin shop level in Condemned is probably still one of the most scariest levels I have played.

Yes. And Undying was great, too!

News Comments > Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing
15. Re: Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing Apr 19, 2013, 07:46 El Pit

Survival horror game: a game where the developer is the gamer's nanny! I still remember Penumbra, where I managed to take down the zombie dog (pretty hard to do for me, but I took that sucker out), but the the nanny came in, not allowing me to trample zombie dog's head to end its miserable un-life. I don't want to run and gun through such games, but I absolutely HATE it when in such a situation where everybody would use the chance to get rid of a potentially lethal opponent, I am not allowed to. instead, I can stand around, waiting for zombie dog to come to "life" again. To ME (!), this is about as outrageous as not being able to jump over a 2 feet obstacle, because that's where the developers put a magical, invisible barrier.

Again, this is just my opinion. I know that a lot of people like those games. I might, too, if there would be a REASON why I could not "kill" the opponent. Just not being allowed to is a very poor design decision.

I'd rather have Fallout 4 (which they're not doing atm afaik), or a steampunk FPS with RPG elements.

News Comments > Team Bondi Closed?
6. Re: Team Bondi Closed? Apr 18, 2013, 10:23 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 10:04:
Whore of the Orient! Ok, that's an awesome title. What's it about?

Bin Laden - The Game?
aka The Bitch from the Middle East

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2013, 11:49.

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 18 More Games
3. Re: Steam Greenlights 18 More Games Apr 17, 2013, 14:08 El Pit

Good to see Battle Worlds: Kronos on this lsit. Backed the kickstarter campaign.  

1255 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo