Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1391 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jan 3, 2014, 16:48 El Pit

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 16:10:
GMG VIP last day sale: w/coupon code GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU

Stuff included are Arkham Origins for ~18, Omerta pack for ~10, Lego Marvel superhero's for ~11, Enemy Within for ~11, Civ5 DLC, etc.

NOOOOOO! And I fell for Steam's rehash sale and bought Arkham Origins for 25... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! DAMMIT!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
42. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 16:46 El Pit

And I still can't access my inventory... Well, at least I can play my games.  

News Comments > PopCap CEO Retiring
9. Re: PopCap CEO Retiring Jan 3, 2014, 13:46 El Pit

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 13:31:
PopCap is mostly just a shell now. Almost all the creative force behind it left or was laid off soon after EA bought them. I feel sorry for the people left behind working for a zombie brand.

Zombie brand? Does this indicate EA is the plant in this game?

29. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 13:37 El Pit

Acleacius wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 12:32:
Omg I'm a spammer, I suck!
Damn I tried to delete post 18 and 19 but don't have permission, sorry Blue.

Ahaaaaaaaa! SAY NO MORE! So, you're DDoSing Blue's News, right? RIGHT?! NSA waterboarding, Guantanamo Bay, or a Justin Bieber concert. It's your choice.

3. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 11:09 El Pit

Dev wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 09:34:
If there's any ddosing going on its from many thousands of legit customers trying to craft before things disappear. Good ole steam and still not having enough front end capacity or load balancing.

We'll see...

News Comments > On Sale (2)
29. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 3, 2014, 11:07 El Pit

Prez wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 10:22:
Microsoft selling PC games. Heh. Hehehe. That's funny.

But... but... *sniff* MS is the savior of pc gaming! Remember! They said so when they gave us Games for Windows Live!

26. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 3, 2014, 09:41 El Pit

mag wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 09:30:
christheshitter wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 04:18:
The worst Steam sale ever. Crappy AAA titles for dumb downed people no thanks!

Did you miss all of the indie titles??

Ignore him. Read what he wrote, take a look at his nick, and you know - it's one of the lamest trolling attempts here at Blue's News EVER!

23. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 3, 2014, 09:19 El Pit

Luke wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 08:47:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 03:45:
Huh, I can't get to Steam, either through the web or through the Steam app.

Ddos , don't ya just looove browser menues shitty scamsoftware/steam

Devilish

And still Steam is working, allowing everybody to play their games. Those DDoS script kiddies failed. Soon, they will be grounded - and no supper for them! Tongue

20. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 3, 2014, 07:41 El Pit

Steam still has issues for me. My inventory won't load, and the forum is on/off. Click on a thread, and it works, click on the next page, it won't load. Click again a couple of minute slater, the page loads. I hope they find those DDoS guys and give them a short time in prison. Just long enough to impress them.  

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
43. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 2, 2014, 09:51 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 09:46:
avianflu wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 09:32:
The genuine consumer success of Steam is 98% founded upon that they sell major release games for 10 bucks. Consumers really like that.
I dont buy games full price with DRM. But at prices around 5 bucks, i dont say no. If i can only rent games, i'm willing to pay a rent. Retail full price i pay for a copy i can OWN!

And yet, you've never OWNED a game.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
36. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 2, 2014, 04:08 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 03:35:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 20:13:
Fixed? what needs to be fixed?
Replacing the Interplay intro video with Bethesda/Zenimax?

Hm... What about
"Greed.
Greed never changes."

News Comments > Battlefield 4 China Ban?
28. Re: Battlefield 4 China Ban? Dec 28, 2013, 07:26 El Pit

A civil unrest needs intelligent people with open minds to get started. China teaches 3 and 4 year old kids its doctrine. They have to learn sentences by heart like "Taiwan is and will always be a part of China" or "Great Britain stole Hong Kong from us during the Drug Wars" and so on. It's difficult for Chinese people to get rid of this, because their "political education" starts so early. Well, on the other hand there are other countries with pre-school prayers, and elementary school pledges of alliance (not only in the US!!!), and so on. You cannot turn a free thinking human into a loyal citizen too early, I guess.

And the few that start political unrests get political re-education in camps as soon as they raise their heads. China is very much in control of everything, that's a lesson they learned from the Tianamen Revolt. React as soon as possible and as ruthless as possible to prevent another Tianamen incident.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
41. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 26, 2013, 06:32 El Pit

Ladron3dfx wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 22:47:
Free? A slap in the face to all those who purchased the game years ago.

Exactly. Evil Steam, right? And this Prime Evil GOG! Giving away the Fallout games, that I bought for about $90 a piece (import back in the day). This is outrageous! GOG is what is wrong with pc games these days! People won't buy pc games anymore, and it's GOG to be blamed for it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2013, 16:29 El Pit

Meeerry Christmas to almost all of you! Party2  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
57. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 24, 2013, 04:38 El Pit

Julio wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 04:11:
SlimRam wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 01:53:
SlimRam: "Uhhh....hel...hello...uh this is the Chief Sanitation Engineer....um......yeah...uh....also....toilet number 4 in the officers latrine, she took a direct hit to the bowl and she's leaking fluid bad. I might be able to nurse her along but the situation is critical!"

I don't see why they can't add space toilets as the next stretch goal. They're throwing everything in but the kitchen sink at this point. You should send this in as a suggestion

All the delay does is allow for more time to raise funds and create a bigger game. I'm fine with them taking a decade if they need to.

No space station and no big ships without accountants! New stretch goal: new profession (accountant/clerk). Take the real tough job besides the janitors and become an accountant! Imagine the fun! It could even be in the hangar, like taking taxes and landing fees. Oh, the fun!

EDIT:
During the battle
Computer voice: RED ALERT!
Captains voice on the InCom: We're being boarded! Shields are down! Hull breached!
Accountant: ...and we're low on tax form 1138! Some of them are burnt! And someone needs to receive the landing fees from their boarding ships! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY! Accountants to the landing bay!

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
2. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 11:10 El Pit

Wow: The next hangar they'll release will soooo much cooler!  

News Comments > Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited
8. Re: Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited Dec 22, 2013, 09:57 El Pit

harlock wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 23:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 20:07:
It's cheapest to do it this way, which is why you don't see it happening on big budget shows

i dont think budget has anything to do with it.. it started back with "twin peaks" and "northern exposure", which were "big budget" shows

its just a dumb premise imo

And yet, Twin Peaks is still awesome.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 13:52 El Pit

There are great deals, but the regular BluesNews reader already owns most of them. That's why especially some of us are disappointed. I've already bought most games I want during other sales, so I guess this winter sale won't hurt my wallet too much.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Support
25. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 21, 2013, 04:34 El Pit

Creston wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 15:05:
Braben is definitely going all out to make this awesome. If/when he releases, I will publicly apologize for calling his Kickstarter a scam.

I'm still very curious how he's making all of this with just 1.5 million, though...

Same here. If this is good, I will buy it after release.

I'm asking myself: will Roberts' "The Hangar Game" be 20 times as good for all its money?

News Comments > Steam Gifting/Trading Region Locks
22. Re: Steam Gifting/Trading Region Locks Dec 21, 2013, 01:44 El Pit

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 19:34:
You are so misguided in your anger, it's bordering on comical. You don't think Steam wants your money? This isn't their decision, it's the publisher calling the shots in deciding how their product is distributed. Cross-region second-hand markets that exploit price differences are highly offensive to the people who own the properties, and should probably be illegal outright. This is just them closing that loophole. And did you ever think it might even be the politicians in your country pressuring Valve and/or the publishers to not allow the indirect sale of outlawed media? Maybe you should find a new place to live, if you're not allowed to buy what you want there... You're all about free trade, so why the hell are you living in a place that doesn't allow it? Take some time to think about what you're saying before you say it.

So, I'm misguided and then you repeat what I wrote?
Oh, and "find a new place to live, if you'r enot allowed to buy what you" want to play the games. I find this comical.
Again (maybe you can read and comprehend it now): Steam and most of the publishers are in the US. Why do they bow to OZ and Germany? Show them the finger and sell the games internationally, even at the higher prices. What are they afraid of? OZ and Germany invading the US?
"You're all about free trade, so why the hell are you living in a place that doesn't allow it?" They got "free trade" here. For the companies. Not for the people. Same in the US, obviously.
"Take some time to think about what you're saying before you say it."
That is like seeing the mote in one's brother's eye without noticing the beam in one's own. Troll on!

1391 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo