Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1327 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered
19. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Questions Answered Dec 20, 2013, 02:56 El Pit

SlimRam wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:35:
panbient wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 19:13:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 17:58:
Did they say in the video at what stretch goal they'll release the game?

The only stretch goal I'm concerned with is Space Burrito Surprise!

*Leaning close to the monitor and whispering out of the side of my mouth* ...well, the rumor is that at the 50 million mark. When you order the 'Space Burrito Surprise' at the promenade food court in game, a local mexican restaurant will actually DELIVER one to your house *nodding*....it's true

Almost right. Not when the project hits $50 million, but when YOUR contribution hits $50 million.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF4 Flickering Fix Tomorrow
8. Re: BF4 Flickering Fix Tomorrow Dec 20, 2013, 02:53 El Pit

Wait for BF5 - should be out in about 11 months. Biggest patch ever! For just $60!  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2013, 02:48 El Pit

Aliens: Colonial Marines 90% off for $1.99 @ Amazon. LOL!  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
18. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2013, 02:42 El Pit

SlimRam wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:21:
Oh NO....not the holiday sale....*thinking*...well, I suppose my wife doesn't really need the necklace and earrings she has already shown me online that she wanted for Christmas...

That's a good idea! If you simply bought what she wanted, it wouldn't be a surprise at christmas, right? So DON'T buy it, and she sure will be surprised. And don't we all want to be surprised at christmas?

Plus: Afther christmas, you will be able to decide all alone what you want to do with your money in the future. It really is a win-win situation!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2013, 13:15 El Pit

Quboid wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 13:10:
El Pit wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 13:02:
And the Steam Winter Sale started... with regular prices?! The start page seems to be broken atm, I guess we'll be seeing the real prices soon.

Whoa, price cuts all over the place for me. Didn't their Autumn sale end about 45 minutes ago?

Yes, they fixed it. The Winter Sale is a GO!

The time between sales is the time to play the games we bought during the sales.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2013, 15:18.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2013, 13:02 El Pit

And the Steam Winter Sale started... with regular prices?! The start page seems to be broken atm, I guess we'll be seeing the real prices soon.  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained
14. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained Dec 18, 2013, 14:25 El Pit

Maybe it's because of copyright issues. There's a pretty good OZ movie called "The Dish". Although this satellite dish is not coming out of Sam Neill's rectum.  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained
10. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Australian Censorship Explained Dec 18, 2013, 12:49 El Pit

Does this game's engine use frectals instead of polygons?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 12:16 El Pit

Yoda: Strong the spoilers are with this thread!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 12:11 El Pit

Stupid law firms! Have they never heard of early access games? Every Battlefield game is an early access game, they're sold as public, paid alpha builds.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
14. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 13:43 El Pit

All we want is "Star Wars: Gungan Ambassador", a political strategy game where you play Jar Jar Abra... errr... Binks and do everything you can to turn chancellor Palpatine into emperor Palpatine. Meesa wanta thisa!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
37. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 11:59 El Pit

Wildone wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 11:20:
They gotta stop bending to every fan boys whim and focus on the CORE GAMEPLAY which is dogfighting.

WHAT?! Are you nuts? There's a MOBA in Star Citizen, and it definitely needs RTS! And what about a tower defense game, like defend a sector by carefully placing space stations (for $100 a piece)? Isn't that what Privateer, Freelancer, and Elite were all about? Don't you love these games because of all the running around on stations, the hangar action, and especially RTS and MOBA? We need new stretch goals: MOBA @ $40 million, RTS @ $50 million, and tower defense @ $60 million. Of course, this will push back development just a bit further (something like 5 to 10 years). But the fans want it, and the fans will pay for it!

The Star Citizen crew is definitely shocked by the Elite team actually delivering PLAYABLE non-hangar game elements. That kind of ruined the idea of Star Citizen. I'm sure that Roberts already sent Braben a protest note, telling him to stop offering actual game elements to the public, or to face Roberts suing Braben with his tens of millions of supporters' money.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm kind of trolling, sure. But Star Citizen is biting off much more than it can chew. And that is delaying development. I want great kind of sequel to Privateer, not a dogfighting/FPS/RPG/RTS/MOBA hybrid.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2013, 12:24.

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
6. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 10:26 El Pit

Well, at least all the backers got "Hangar: The Game". Better than nothing.

Another kickstarter is coming along, though. The alpha for the Divine Divinity ks is out! You can read about a RELEASED game (well, alpha) here at Blue's News!

No hangar game for Divine Divinity, though.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 17, 2013, 06:26 El Pit

InBlack wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 04:11:
Wake me up when they figure out how to run DirectX games on the SteamOS. I see no reason to get it if most of my games wont run on it...

This. Unfortunately this. I'd like to change my OS, but without running all windows games without any hassle, SteamOS is not interesting to me.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 17, 2013, 02:05 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 22:19:
That cow is starting to run on fumes...

Next: new WoW expansions avery year, Diablo III expansions every year, StarCraft II expansions every year. The end of Blizzard time. Followed by the end of Blizzard (which is dead anyways, the good people have left years ago).

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Dec 17, 2013, 01:58 El Pit

Avatar is more like Disney movies. The first copied Pocahontas, let's see what ideas Cameron will "borrow" for the sequels. And a billion $ for three movies? Wow, that's cheap.
Nevermind. There are a lot of people who love stupid eye candy and will turn these sequels into a success. I miss the old Cameron, the one who did Aliesn, Terminator 1/2, True Lies. Even The Abyss IMO had a better story and characters than Avatar.

EDIT: Cameron could also say that his pieces of coal are diamonds in a way.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2013, 02:06.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
8. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 14, 2013, 12:19 El Pit

deqer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 11:57:
...because any time he plays and uses that mech, all the players on the server will make fun of him.

Show us your Goldmember, Austin Powers!

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
5. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 14, 2013, 11:41 El Pit

Nerds, this will make your small dick look HUGE! BUYBUYBUY!!!! The girls will lay siege to your basements! TRUTH!!!!  

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Dec 13, 2013, 18:42 El Pit

Nangar - The Game!

Support it now with lots of $$$!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2013, 12:18 El Pit

nin wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 12:09:
I read somewhere that the UK has a similar law in place. They don't have a leg to stand on, so they're trying to use scare tactics.

Straight from the linked article:

The Hut Group based its threat of legal action on its understanding of the UK's distance selling regulations.

Although they state that "unsolicited goods" can be treated as unconditional gifts that do not need to be returned, and that it is illegal for the sender to threaten legal action - the legislation they are based on adds the qualification that this only applies if there was no "prior request made by or on behalf of the recipient".

In the case of orders that were made but mixed up, the Citizens Advice Bureau suggests consumers should indeed return the items.

1327 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo