Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1601 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Risen 3 Graphics Rise
17. Re: Risen 3 Graphics Rise Aug 23, 2015, 11:37 El Pit

I enjoyed the Piranha Bytes games Gothic 1, 2, and after the patch created by fans, even 3. Risen 1 and 2 are solid games that I both finished. If you're an RPG fan, the games are worth the money asked.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
19. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 23, 2015, 11:35 El Pit

vacs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 10:11:
After reading this honest statement by the developers, I opened Steam and bought the game instantly, instead of waiting for a sale.

Way to go, too bad not many developers are this open about what went wrong during the production, even though it is still an amazing fun game.

I usually buy games based on the quality of the game, but to each their own.

Did you buy Arkham Knight, too, because Warner opened up about it being a shitty port and even pulling the game for a complete overhaul? Just asking.

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
1. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 22, 2015, 12:28 El Pit

We tried to make something too ambitious, and it ended up financially impossible.

Is it alright if Chris Roberts will quote you in late 2017?

News Comments > Some Star Citizen Refunds
72. New Module: Star Refunds Aug 22, 2015, 07:00 El Pit

What point are you trying to make, theyarecomingforyou?

That the game including all stretch goals will take 20+ years, because that is as long as it takes if you add production time for an egoshooter, an MMO, a space combat simulator, and a sort of successor to Klingon Commander? Or that it would take just 7 or 8 years if several studios (LOTS OF COST) have to work on different parts which would make putting the game together a pure nightmare? Everything you do is actually (unwillingly) criticising the production process of Star Citizen.

Whatever. No discussion will shut up the so-called "haters", only a released and good game will. And it should better include all modules, and all of them should be great, because that is what they are selling: the idea of the game to rule them all. For under $100m. Good luck with that.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled
13. Re: Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled Aug 19, 2015, 12:07 El Pit

Task wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 10:52:
It was going to be "Duke Nukem 3D Reloaded" a remake of the original Duke Nukem. Same levels with stuff added to 'em on Unreal 3 engine. Interceptor said it was shaping up. Gearbox shut em down. There are very little screens of it: Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2. When it was shut down, Schreiber stated:

"The problem was that Reloaded, in its then present state, was both a prettier and better game than Forever was. So they [Gearbox] could under no circumstances allow us [Interceptor] to publish it, show it, or do anything at all with it, because it would destroy the sales-opportunities they had left in Forever."

Basically Gearbox/Randy being pikers to make a buck off Forever.

So, Schreiber basically said: "Look, we cannot prove it, because Big Evil won't allow us, but believe us, we had THE hit in the making, it was awesome, brilliant, better than Star Citizen, but Big Evil shut us down because we were better than their AAA product. You gotta believe us! It's got nothing to do with us being shut down that we sound angry and quite a bit too full of ourselves! Be a Star Citizen and BELIEVE!!! Proof is only for fools!"

And re: "What? We sold it and are not allowed to license it to somebody else?!" Dude, of course you are! If you sell your car, you are of course still allowed to use and lend it whenever you want! The judge was just kidding you!

News Comments > Runic Announces Hob
17. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 18, 2015, 10:43 El Pit

Verno wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 08:52:
shihonage wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 01:33:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 21:44:
shihonage wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 21:00:
Hobb's End

Do you read Sutter Cane?

I hear his newest book is outselling the Bible.

Haha nice, I just rewatched In The Mouth of Madness the other day. Doesn't hold up as well as I thought but still creepy.

Then go and watch the next and even older movie featuring Hob(b)'s End:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062168/

The effects, of course, are VERY old-fashioned, but the movie itself is still great.

15. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 18, 2015, 08:14 El Pit

Suppa7 wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 03:57:
It's all about control. The same way mmos/drm/f2p is taking away games permanently from gamers.

Ehm... What?! I was talking about that damned console controller that I cannot control (because of a little disability), not about content control. I have no beef with Steam as DRM scheme, just with those for me useless controllers.

I don't like Steam for regional pricing and helping game censorship in certain countries, but that's about it. And with few exceptions there is a way to circumvent this nanny state bs.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2015, 08:20.

13. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 18, 2015, 02:39 El Pit

Axis wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 20:27:
Doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in, especially when one of the first things that's touted is "smooth controller gameplay" before puzzles and bling.

That's unfortunately the future. Steam making every game best played with their console controller, gamers playing console game conversions with their console controller... *sigh* The pc is slowly turned into a high resolution console.

12. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 18, 2015, 02:32 El Pit

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 21:44:
shihonage wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 21:00:
Hobb's End

Do you read Sutter Cane?

No, but he knows Professor Quatermass!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools
20. Re: The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools Aug 14, 2015, 13:32 El Pit

BitWraith wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 12:22:
Despoiler wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 12:15:
Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 11:59:
KilrathiAce wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 10:35:
Can entire combat be modified so that it doesnt suck?

The combat could surely be improved but why does it suck?

It's console combat.

This statement is predicated on the idea that console combat cannot possibly be good. That idea is false.

Maybe he wanted to say that it's console combat in an otherwise good pc conversion.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 14, 2015, 13:28 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 13:10:
It's fine, I just want him to make another Pacific Rim.

WOW! Really? This sounds like "I just want him to kick me in the balls" to me.

I want him to make the third and final Hellboy instead of another infantile, ridiculously flat Pacifier Rimming sequel. The first Rim made the Transformers sequels look like Shakespeare meets Citizen Kane.

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed
1. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed Aug 12, 2015, 13:04 El Pit

Don't f!#* this up. It's my favorite RE game and it deserves a proper overhaul.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
24. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 13:00 El Pit

WaltC wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 12:43:
Timing is not great...I think they should have waited until the week after they got the EE out of the door...It's hard to justify financing a sequel when the first game remains unfinished. I think that D:OS is a masterpiece...but this KS doesn't agree with my sense of proper timing.

Unfinished? I don't understand. I played through all of D: OS and it was the complete game.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
22. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 12:38 El Pit

D: OS is the best kickstarter project I've backed yet. Easily beats Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun in my book. I hope the later acts of D: OS 2 will be as good as the first chapter, because that was one of the few flaws of the first game - the story and maps got a bit boring later on in the game. Everything else (especially the turn-based combat) should be exactly as in the first game - I had a blast, and a lot of the fights were pretty hard. I'm definitely in - where do I send my money? TAKE IT!!!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
58. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 14:01 El Pit

Fugazi wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 13:13:
I am still very glad I backed this project. From my perspective, throwing money at a vision is a better use of my funds than buying another iteration of Assassin's Creed and COD.

I doubt that AC- or CoD-fans backed this, but Wing Comannder fans did. So how about sticking to the vision of making a great sequel to Wing Commander/Starlancer?

I have also enjoyed the community videos etc. and already feel I have received significant value for my pledge to date.

REALLY?! I gave CIG money for a game, not to make videos about making a game. I know and respect this as a bonus for fans, but it in no way makes me feel like have received ANY value for my pledge FOR A GAME.

The game is shaping up as I had hoped when I signed up back in 2012.

Ah, yes. This is of course alright. I don't think that game is in any way shaping up to be a complete game at all, but I can respect your opinion. At least you want the game, too, and not just some propaganda videos.

I don't understand the general gaming rage and vitriol that plagues the internet as I think that such passion and energy could be channeled into more productive avenues than at a form of entertainment. 1st world problems etc.

We all like passion and energy, but once people give somebody money, they also want to see a plan behind the vision. A feasible plan with milestones, with production targets, realistic deadlines, and a release date about that the president of the project doesn't say "Well, everybody knew we wouldn't make it by that time". That's not a first world problem, it's a first world approach to project management. And the scope of this vision is so unreal, that an increasing number of people doubt the feasibility of a project based on this vision without either losing the donated money on the way because the producers go bankrupt and not getting anything or getting something that is just an excuse and not even close to the original idea (Starlancer, Wing Commander), i.e. just to present something to not be sued to hell and back. People are waking up from the dream because it's a too long night (i.e. production time), rubbing their eyes and realising that the dream was great, but just a dream. A vision, not real and too good to become real. And then they get angry because they feel that their money is lost. Of course, it's partially their fault because they fell for an overblown vision, but they will get angry anyway like everybody who loses money on projects, the stock market, a bad buy, and so on. And that you're writing that you can't understand this makes me scratch my head, because I can't understand why you can't understand.

In the end, Star Citizen has become much more than a game, because it IS a vision, and either people believe in it or don't. Or they believe in it and then doubt it once the first promised miracles don't happen. And like any discussion about beliefs and religions, both sides can't understand each other, because reason is (IMO too often) trumped by belief, and then a discussion is leading nowhere.

So, good luck to the believers (REALLY! I MEAN IT!), maybe and HOPEFULLY you're right. But I'm afraid the so called haters will be right and lots of money and belief and hope will be lost. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2015, 14:07.

52. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 11:17 El Pit

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 10:22:
All of this is for Squadron 42. These are the sorts of missions that we can expect to see in the singleplayer. And yes, that includes FPS which was promised before the Kickstarter finished. You seem to think that this is just being done for a laugh. The multi-crew is needed for the co-op portion of Squadron 42.

The Persistent Universe is an expanded version of the universe created in Squadron 42. They share many of the same assets and mechanics.

That's partially what I wanted. Make SQ42 WITHOUT FPS, multiplayer, and so on, just a real Wing Commander sequel, then take the assets built and the money coming in and work on the next step. Step by step instead of one giant leap into the unknown. Do you understand? Instead of planning to work on a spaceship to fly to another galaxy, first work on one putting a satellite in orbit, then a dog, a man, then try to go to the moon, then to Mars... Step by step. CIG is instead working on that one trip to another galaxy without knowing if they could even successfully launch a satellite into orbit. Bravery? Yes, but also blind faith and very bad management.

46. CIG releases a new Flagship Aug 8, 2015, 09:51 El Pit

How about taking the kickstarter money and work on Squadron 42 ONLY. Then relase this (just a Wing Commander clone - no FPS, multiplayer or stuff), and with the money that they can make if Squadron 42 is great and successful, produce the MMO with FPS and stuff. How about that? Finish SQ42, release it to prove what you really can pull off and by this, win over new investors. No hangar, no dogfight module, a complete single player SQ42. And then move on to MMO, IF SQ42 can win over the gamers.

Right now, it's a Flagship situation: release a single player game telling everybody it's actually an MMO with bells and whistles. People don't want to be Flagshipped again. At least they shouldn't want to be.

News Comments > Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Expansion
3. Re: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Expansion Aug 5, 2015, 12:10 El Pit

Cruel Blue. This is a very cruel move by you.

I was like "Better late than never - KotOR Expansion! YAY!" only to find out it's not a KotOR, but an TOR expansion.

DAMMIT!!!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 4, 2015, 13:32 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 13:28:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 12:10:
Xbone Elite - Now with even MOAR FAIL

I was going to say "Now, with cooling fan!"

You're all wrong. Can't you read? It says ELITE.

X-Box One - Now with keyboard and mouse instead of a console controller!

News Comments > Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Delayed
4. Re: Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Delayed Aug 4, 2015, 13:21 El Pit

J wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 13:14:
So it's going to take longer to Shippuden

Dammit! Beat me to it!

1601 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo