Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1559 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
31. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 11:56 El Pit

‘Star Marine is delayed indefinitely.’ - "First of all: the phrase ‘delayed indefinitely’ being bandied around is incorrect…"

Because for CIG, indefinitely does not mean indefinitely. We create games and even create our own semantics!

‘Chris Roberts is wasting his time directing the performance capture shoot.’ - "Positively untrue…"

Why, you ask? Because he's having fun! How can it be wasted time if he is having fun?!

‘Feature creep!’ - "I don’t have much to say to this, beyond that it’s not accurate…"

It's not accurate because we say so. For TRUE fans, this should be enough. Only infidels will question our point of view. And you don't want to be an infidel, right? RIGHT?!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 11:24 El Pit

Blue, the bombing happened in 2005, not 2007.

But the date, as all historical dates, is not the problem. If you just really dig in deep, you will find that humans killed other humans on almost every day. It's not a date that is the problem, it's the people killing other people on ANY date. So my personal opinion is that nobody should be angry at you, because I think that some people were born on 7/7 and will get married on 7/7 and will find the love of their life on 7/7 or will be declared cured by some dr. med. on 7/7 and so on. Good things and bad things happen every day all around us, but it can never be blamed on the date, just on the people.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
26. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 14:56 El Pit

Wildone wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 14:06:
Not asking for much are you, from a team of what 10 people? Geezuz..

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 13:52:
So far all the planets I have seen in various NMS demos (around a dozen or so) have had great variation in flora, fauna, geography, etc, but the population levels have been mostly the same: mostly undeveloped, but with a trading post. I wonder if there will be cities, planets that are mostly populated with humans, or alien civilizations, etc. Or completely undeveloped planets without trading posts or sentinels.

He said that tiny ship had a good sized cargo hold. Doesn’t seem right.

I wonder if there is a stun type weapon you can use against the more aggressive fauna so you don’t trigger the sentinels.

There have been battles in space, will there be battles between armies on planets? Like being in the middle of a Sup Com battle with all procedurally generated mechs, tanks, ships, etc.

That game will be...

STAR CITIZEN!!!

*giggles*

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
28. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 7, 2015, 03:53 El Pit

...and when will the other foot drop?

I loved AMD as nVidia's competitor but haven't bought an AMD graphics card for a couple of years because of the trouble I had with the 6870 (or whatever it was) back then. But having them off the market most likely pretty soon is not a good thing if you want faster and cheaper nVidia cards.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
38. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 12:45 El Pit

BadIronTree wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 12:42:
Its the 4th guy Blizzard is taking from SC people ... are they planing a Starcraft Space MMO?

The current ActiBlizz company is rather working on either a) a StarCraft card game or b) a StarCraft sidescrolling platformer.

37. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs To Work On An Actual Game? Jul 6, 2015, 12:42 El Pit

Zor wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 12:38:
...the grand scheme of things... will a) take awhile to develop and b) that IF it's EVER done it will be pretty awesome?

I like you. You're funny.

33. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs To Work On An Actual Game? Jul 6, 2015, 12:34 El Pit

How comes there is no South Park episode dealing with Feature Star Creep? I can actually hear Cartman laugh when I read the latest news on the game that will be released right after Half-Life 2: Episode 3, but not before Sin Episodes: Episode 2.  

30. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 12:16 El Pit

Latest News: Cloud Imperium Games has been renamed to Vapor Cloud Games and will move to Greece

Comment by head honcho Chris Roberts: In Greece, we will have a referendum on whether we will finish the game or not and whether we will nevertheless not only keep the money from our supporters but will force them to keep on supporting Vapor (Cloud) Games as we see fit!

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 16:20 El Pit

Double post instead of an edit, sorry. Can't delete the post...  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 16:18 El Pit

SlimRam wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 14:41:
derek smart
Derek Smart
DEREK SMART!!!

chris roberts
Chris Roberts
CHRIS ROBERTS!!!

If Derek and Chris ever met in a room, the time space continuum would collapse under the weight of two egos and a black hole would open and suck in all the donations people could ever make to close it.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations
6. Re: Hacks of the Storm Map Hero Allegations Jul 3, 2015, 13:46 El Pit

It's an online game and run by Blizzard, so there will be absolutely NO MAP HACKS or other CHEATING in this game. They did this before to save the Massive Single Player Online Role Playing Game called Diablo III, and that worked like a charm. Didn't it? No cheating in D3, right? Never ever!  

News Comments > ELEX Announced
9. Re: ELEX Announced Jul 2, 2015, 12:26 El Pit

Cutter vs. Reality, Chapter 766348: How To Not Know When You Have Lost

CvRC766348HTNKWYHL

Should be in every dictionary, because abbreviations only exist when they're in a dictionary. (From: The World According To Cutter, p. 6346)

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
24. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 12:50 El Pit

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 12:45:
El Pit wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 12:42:
And then there were some fanboys on this forum saying that since it's the Unreal engine, the FPS part would be easy cake. Like looking for the line "FPS Mode=0" in the engine and changing it to "FPS Mode=1". Guess those guys are learning it the hard way that a) there is a difference between reality and fanatism and b) to never trust the snake oil salesman!
It's the Crysis not the Unreal engine. Not that it changes your point

Thanks for correcting me. The heat... I should postpone further comments.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
22. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 12:42 El Pit

Chris Roberts wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 10:38:
"What I will tell you is that we know exactly what we have to do, which is postpone, postpone, postpone!"

The feature creep that fanboys said did not exist is taking its toll.

And then there were some fanboys on this forum saying that since it's the Unreal engine, the FPS part would be easy cake. Like looking for the line "FPS Mode=0" in the engine and changing it to "FPS Mode=1". Guess those guys are learning it the hard way that a) there is a difference between reality and fanatism and b) to never trust the snake oil salesman!

News Comments > Mafia 3 Domains Ratted Out
5. Re: Mafia 3 Domains Ratted Out Jun 29, 2015, 12:38 El Pit

I loved and finished both Mafia games. It was a shame that they had this huge cities but not enought (side) missions to really use that world they had created.

I wish they would do it like GTA, but in the 1930s/1940s (and without the horrible flight control scheme of GTA).

News Comments > Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized
37. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 27, 2015, 00:45 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 16:10:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:24:
You mean to say that a crappy knock-off of Dark Souls sold fewer copies than the real deal? You're right, the DRM really doesn't matter! Rolleyes
It really does not
If you want a game to succeed, it does not matter if you use DRM or not. There are other factors you have to consider, like generating awarness, catering to your target group and so on.

DRM ist just make believe for the investors. A show, so that you can fulfill your obligations to them: "Look, we are effin serious about our products. We've done EVERYTHING to ensure commercial success, even if its utter bullshit!"

Thanks for your repeated OPINION. Got any facts to support it?

26. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 13:39 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:59:
Theres a lot of evidence, that piracy has only a very minor influence on sales, be it positve or negatve.
There are other factors, which determine the commercial success of a game. DRM or no DRM isnt one of them.

So, first you say piracy might or might not have an influence on sales and then you conclude by saying it does not. Also, I'm interested in this "lot of evidence". Any NEUTRAL sources?

It's good if the game is not cracked in the first four weeks. IT IS GOOD. It's the time most games are making most of their money.
Of course, not every pirated copy means a lost sale. True. But some do. How many? I think that differs largely from product to product. But saying that nobody who pirates a game would not buy it if he could not pirate it is bs, and you know that. It's what pirates say and their parrots.

25. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 13:32 El Pit

Arkham Knight has not been cracked yet. The versions out there are not cracked. It's easy to check if you know where.  

News Comments > Dying Light XP Boost & Free DLC Plans
3. Re: Dying Light XP Boost & Free DLC Plans Jun 25, 2015, 16:43 El Pit

Free DLCs? Who do these people behind games like Dying Light and Witcher 3 with their free dlcs believe they are? Good Christians giving stuff away for free? Kotick and others must be laughing hard on their way to the bank counting all that nice money they made with loads and loads of dlcs! Nickel and dime is the future!

Seriously: Great sense of humor and very kind way to support their game even months after release by the Dying Light team. Thanks, guys.

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
14. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Drama Jun 25, 2015, 16:36 El Pit

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 16:18:
Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 16:05:
saluk wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 14:05:
Sadly the result may be, let's just not release on pc at all because it's too easy for people to get refunds.

This is my huge fear, and i'm fucking stunned hardly anyone seems to realize this. I'd rather like it to be like the old days, one major fuck up port here and there.. another game needing a big patch every now and then.. It sucked but hey, worth the sacrifice of being a PC gamer.

With this refund shit, every impatient fucking moron can just press the refund button any time and my god will it hurt developers more and more before the gaming community will see the fruits of it -- if they ever will and not get completely abandoned first.

Actually it's more of a wake up call to console porters that can't be bothered to even try to make a decent port. And if they decide to not port other titles--GOOD RIDDANCE!!

When Witcher 3 ran like molasses after release and before the quickly incoming patches, what would have happened with all the refunds? CD Project and GOG with them going down the drain because of thousands of refunds? Or when GTA IV was released and had HUGE frame rate issues after release, would people have clicked the "I want my money back" button and therefore the next GTA games would have become console exclusive games? Who knows... But the refund system is new and one release had to become the heart and center of the new drama. And here it is! Things will cool down and people will come to their senses soon. The game will be patched (like so many others were after being released in bad shape) and should be fine. The drama will die down.

1559 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo