Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1392 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
19. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 19, 2014, 14:00 El Pit

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:37:
I went ahead and bought Wasteland 2 yesteday via g2a.com, $31 after various conversion fees.

Is g2a.com legit? Looks like one of those Chinese/Russian key stores, so... But those prices are really to good to be true/legit.

I already own Wasteland 2, backed it waaaay back. I'm looking forward to it, might start a playthrough right after I finish Divinity: Original Sin. It's a great time for pc gamers, great games without consolitis and big suits and shareholders behind it.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
22. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 13:23 El Pit

Welcome to ElpiS? ElpiS?! Spelling guys, it'a a T in the end, not an S. *sighs* Damned dysleksik programmers!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
20. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 18, 2014, 03:31 El Pit

BobBob wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 03:27:
Give me a call when it gets to 2.5 billion.

You mean, Microsoft might buy the game project for $2.5B, fire everybody whose last name is Roberts, and then actually release a game? Who would really want that?

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
14. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 03:20 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 02:35:
PHJF wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 22:22:
Sure hope the party size is bigger than 2.

What's the party size on Divine Divinity?

Oh oh, I played that game, but I don't remember. I'm oooold, so please forgive me. In D:OS, there are four people in my party, but in Divine Divinity... Not sure.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2014, 14:24 El Pit

vacs wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 11:28:
"iPhone 6 Breaks Pre-Order Record."

So many people can't be wrong, now can they?

Apple is not about sales and consumers, it's about followers and religious worshipping. It cannot be ratinally fathomed.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC
9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC Sep 16, 2014, 12:03 El Pit

I have over 160 hours in D:OS, so my kickstarter money has been well invested. I would have loved to have Bairdotr from the start, but my hired archer has been good, too.  

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
49. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 13:12 El Pit

Why did you sell Minecraft?
$$$
$2.5B
'nuff said.

What about the other editions of Minecraft? Will they stop being developed?
Of course, you jerks. It's all about mobile and XBone from now on. M$ wants to make its billions back. What a stupid question!

Is the game going to change? Will we still be able to make videos, mods, awesome builds, and all the cool stuff we’ve created over the past few years?
Sure it's going to change. Microtran$action$, baby! DLCs from here to North and South Pole and back. And share the videos, but make sure we'll get a cut of any youtube money you make, or we'll sue your sorry asses off. Every build and mod and video you make... Copyright: Microsoft!!! Or let us put it this way "All your base are belong to us." From now on to eternity. And beyond. If there is a beyond. But $2.5B tell us there has got to be a beyond, so SUCK IT DOWN, as the Duke would put it.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
22. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 12:45 El Pit

$2.5B???!!!!

Oy, Microsoft, I got a business opportunity for you! I know some wonderful bridges around here, I could offer them dirt cheap to you? $10M per bridge! What do you say?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 13, 2014, 06:43 El Pit

Well, as some of you told me in other threads when I complained about no or wonky mouse/keyboard support in pc games: BUY A CONSOLE CONTROLLER! Isn't even Valve/Steam trying its very best to turn the pc into nothing but a console with better graphics by developing its own console controller and this big picture stuff?

Ah, whatever. Plenty of other games without consolitis on the market. Back to Divinity: Original Sin. Buy this instead of this console crap and send Microsoft and the XBone a message by doing so.

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
17. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 11:49 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 10:08:
Atomic wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 09:59:
Any day now, Centauri is going to show up and take this guy away to defend the frontier against Xur and Ko-dan Armada.
The guy? Or the cat?

"What do you mean, oh glorious warrior, who will save us all, when you say MEOW?"

Wouldn't that be a cat-astrophe? She might even pussy out of the battle.

News Comments > Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical
23. Re: Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical Sep 11, 2014, 02:54 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 22:14:
Orogogus wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 21:24:
I think on this board people are mainly upset that it's multiplayer-only, and free to play.

Path of Exile is multiplayer only

And yet, like Prez, I played it all alone PvE.

News Comments > WBIE TMs WB Play
11. Re: WBIE TMs WB Play Sep 7, 2014, 23:48 El Pit

Beamer wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 15:53:
I have UPlay, because I had to for Far Cry 3, but I got it through Steam, it installed as part of the game, and it adds no value

I don't like UPlay, but the one thing it does right is sort of actually adding value. You earn some points and can "buy" additional maps and gear for it. Of course this stuff should be unlockable from inside the game, so there should be no need for UPlay.

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
12. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 11:27 El Pit

WOW! Big news! I expect EA to open at least three EA shops in every neighborhood. WORD!  

News Comments > EA's $1B DLC Goal
19. Re: EA's $1B DLC Goal Aug 26, 2014, 23:33 El Pit

EA - it's not in the game!

Because it's in the DLC!

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's Released
4. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Released Aug 20, 2014, 13:29 El Pit

nin, you better never watch "Dead Silence" (directed by James Wan). You would most likely not sleep for a week.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455760/

And "Five Nights at Freddy's"?

One, two
Freddy comes for you.

News Comments > Metro 2033/Redux Comparison
9. Re: Metro 2033/Redux Comparison Aug 20, 2014, 13:13 El Pit

Fion wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 13:10:
Either way they are both tremendous shooters,you cannot beat getting both - with the new engine - for $5!

$5 for both? WHERE? WANT! That's the right price for all those who bought the "old" versions!

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
8. Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 09:42 El Pit

"Really high quality [multiplayer only online pay 2 win] games [for consoles]"

Or he could have said: "If only you players would have told us that you actually wanted HIGH QUALITY games, we would have of course delivered, but nobody told us." With these words, he pulls out a huge envelope which has written "Secret Formula for High Quality Games" on it from a drawer in his desk.

No, I really wish them good luck and hope they can make it. I liked their Crysis games 1 and 2 (haven't played 3 yet).

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Aug 19, 2014, 09:34 El Pit

I know, MoreLuckThanSkill, they even arrested a reporter of our local news magazine and let him go after three hours. The problem is that the news guys very often are where "the action" is taking place (because we, the viewers, want to see "action" in our news, it's selling better this way), and that's very often why they get arrested. Of course, this does not justify to arrest e.g. camera or sound people who are because of their equipment obviously no potential rioting idiots.

And this is an advice you're getting from all those guys who have ever attended important soccer games in big stadiums: once the hooligans start firing up, RUN AWAY FROM THEM. Let them stand alone, so the officers can take care of them. Don't stand there, even applauding some arsoning fools. This way you become one of them in the eyes of the law. And yes, it works.

Right now the situation there is messed up. One side has to make the first step: either the authorities leave the city (unlikely, they're not allowed to let the violent part of the protesters just do whatever they want), or the peaceful fraction of this riot tells the idiots that they're on their own now and stays at home, so that everybody who is still outside can easily be taken care of. After that, find an appropriate way to protest. Most of all I hope that nobody (no officer, no PEACEFUL protester) gets hurt and that justice can be done. I hope that there can be a fair trial after all to find out what has led to the death of the young man. And I want all of those looters and violent rioters to stand in front of a judge, too.

7. Re: Into the Black Aug 19, 2014, 06:13 El Pit

jdreyer, blind on one eye...

Looting and molotov cocktails are an act of free speech for you? Or means of peaceful protest? You know what those protesters should do? Hire buses, drive to Washington, and ALL OF THEM should stand in front of the White House. Not throwing molotov cocktails, not even shouting anything, just standing there in complete silence (no interviews, nothing!) and waiting with lots of press around them... I would expect a non-violent and most likely useful reaction by the government. THAT is the way to do it. But looting and throwing molotov cocktails and attacking other cops is the most idiotic reaction possible. Let's all prove how peaceful we are by starting a riot. Yeah, sure, makes totally sense.

By the way, a topic like this with a headline "into the Black" is somehow...

3. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2014, 22:30 El Pit

Somebody should tell the people of Ferguson that proving that they are peaceful by starting a huge riot does not make sense.  

1392 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo