Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1609 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2015, 15:55 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 15:30:
El Pit wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 13:22:
Best Holmes ever? Jeremy Brett.

Have you ever seen the old Basil Rathbone flicks? It's not even close that he's the best.

Yes, I have seen the Rathbone movies. Brett is a much better Holmes than Rathbone, much closer to the character in the books.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2015, 13:22 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 11:54:
Him and Peter Cushing in their version of The Hound of the Baskervilles was always my fave version of that story - though I prefer Basil Rathbone for the rest of the Holmes flicks. That and all the old Hammer flicks they did together, The Gorgon and The Creeping Flesh being particular favorites. He was amazing in everything and what a sheer volume of work. I think I'll have to give The Wicker Man and The Man With the Golden Gun a watch soon.

Best Holmes ever? Jeremy Brett.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2015, 13:20 El Pit

Thank you, Sir Christopher. A great actor can turn even horribly written characters into something watchable on screen. A rare talent. Great guy, very professional and reliable actor.

About Steam Sale: So... There is NO GTA V deal, only deals on GTA V bundled with stuff I don't want? How about just the game, Steam?! And then they wonder why people prefer to buy from G2A and other key resellers.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2015, 14:04.

News Comments > Resident Evil 0 Trailer
7. Re: Resident Evil 0 Trailer Jun 9, 2015, 09:08 El Pit

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 06:32:
Welcome to 1997.

Seriously, what the hell is with the appalling graphics? This makes Fallout 4 look nearly not terrible.

Hey, is this the site where they applaude 8bit graphics in modern indie games because gameplay > graphics? If not - what happened to that site?

News Comments > Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions
24. Re: Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions Jun 7, 2015, 08:27 El Pit

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 15:11:
Warehouse Tycoon.

Great idea!

How about "Drone Commander"? You fly an Amazon drone delivering goods to clients?

Maaaan, on release day of Fallout 4 I will accidentially fly one of those drones to my home. On the way home, I'll be trying to shoot down all other drones!

News Comments > Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions
4. Re: Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions Jun 6, 2015, 12:48 El Pit

Title of the first game will of course be: Amazon's Greed

Should be one helluva franchise!

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
65. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 16:34 El Pit

All I can say is...

GIMME!

GIMME NOOOOW!

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale Begins
20. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Begins Jun 3, 2015, 16:32 El Pit

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 11:52:
So...... what if some day GOG will do something unforgivable? Inquisitive

Like geo-locking games/sales and introducing regional pricing? Ooops, they already did this.

They're no longer saints, although they're still better than their competitors.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Bats on Sale May 30, 2015, 12:54 El Pit

Retired wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:49:
Batman Arkham Knight - Game is 40% off with this code:

BATMAN-ARKHAM-SAVE40

At GMG

Thanks! Bought it!

The Batman games are a great example of how you can port from console and have a great keyboard/mouse control scheme already in the release version for us pc gamers. I like Origins, although it was the weakest entry in this franchise. I hope Knight will be as good as Arkham City is.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale in Spring?
13. Re: Steam Summer Sale in Spring? May 30, 2015, 00:19 El Pit

In new Soviet Russia, spring IS summer. And the Ukraine is Russian.

President Putin: "Spring is summer!" Russian people cheered.

News Comments > New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection
21. Re: New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection May 29, 2015, 11:43 El Pit

Need for Online: Speed Diablo  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
41. KEEFOX_CHECKED_FLAG_FALSE May 29, 2015, 11:37 El Pit

Jerykk wrote on May 29, 2015, 02:35:
El Pit wrote on May 29, 2015, 00:26:
I caved in and bought it for 25. That's quite a lot of money for a console-centered game, I know. *sigh* I'll wait and give it some time to be turned more and more into a pc game with the coming patches.

Not sure what you expect them to add to make it "more" of a PC game. The only thing I can think of is a hotbar, but that's not going to happen.

Really? You don't know? Then please read this thread and the other Witcher 3 threads. I won't repeat everything that's been written here.

At least all the keys are now rebindable. It's evolving into a pc game. In a year or so the bugs have been fixed and it will be perfectably playable with keyboard/mouse.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
17. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 00:26 El Pit

I caved in and bought it for 25. That's quite a lot of money for a console-centered game, I know. *sigh* I'll wait and give it some time to be turned more and more into a pc game with the coming patches.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
38. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 15:56 El Pit

Krovven wrote on May 26, 2015, 15:18:
Adapt to the game people. Stop expecting games to adapt to you.

REALLY?! And I always thought it was "produce what the consumer wants so that they buy it"

Man, have I been wrong! I, for one, welcome (before this patch) not rebindable keys, a console UI, dumbed down graphics and will happily pay full price for that!

Or... I could just by a PS4, because as others put it "8bit is enough! It's about gameplay, so don't be a graphics whore!" And if I have to use a console controller even when playing the pc version...

Man... I think I'm getting too old for those modern pc console games. I'm lucky enough to have a huuuuuuge backlog of unplayed games build for pc (you know, rebindable keys, great keyboard/mouse controls, and stuff). I won't adapt and pay high prices for a product that wasn't adapted to pc gaming. Sorry.

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
13. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 19, 2015, 03:08 El Pit

Limited keybindings, no strafing, a "season pass" (1st time for a Witcher game, right?), consolitis... Ok, I'll buy it when the complete, fixed game goes on sale.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
10. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 12:21 El Pit

We, from nVidia, have worked closely with CDProject to give GeForce owners the perfect gaming experience with The Witcher 3. CDProject informed us of their image quality downgrade to give console owners a better experience (to quote a console owner: "Waaaaah! My PS4 ruuuuuuuules! Witcher 3 must look bad or even better worse on a pc than on my PS4! Waaaaaaah!"), and therefore our new Witcher 3 gaming enhancement drivers will underclock your GPU and turn off half of your video card memory. Experience the same frame stuttering that proud console owners will love! Remember: We at nVidia and CDproject LOVE pc gamers!  

News Comments > WoW Bot Bans
3. Re: WoW Bot Bans May 14, 2015, 11:13 El Pit

nin wrote on May 14, 2015, 10:55:
Wallshadows wrote on May 14, 2015, 10:50:
If the forums indicate anything it's that most of those who were banned din do nuffin. Rolleyes

Isn't it a shame there's not a required device to use the internet, where every time you lie, you get an electrical shock?

I heard the Obama government wanted to follow your idea, but Peter Molyneux asked the PotUS personally to not do it.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2015, 13:33 El Pit

Since Witcher 3 is already out in UAE and some other countries for consoles, what do those gamers think about it? Any (mini-)review would be appreciated.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
6. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood May 5, 2015, 15:47 El Pit

wtf_man wrote on May 5, 2015, 15:39:
Well, I'm certainly not going to buy a game that takes me longer to download than play.

So you're saying that people with higher bandwidth have more fun playing short games?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 2, 2015, 12:28 El Pit

The future of wearables is BRIGHT. Once people understand that they wanted smartphones to get rid of watches and other stuff (you know it was a smart idea to have everything in ONE place) and stop buying watches again, the industry will release smart earrings, smart rings, smart cock rings, smart bracelets, and so on. The rich people just got too much money and if they see something with a bitten fruit logo on it, they will pay hundreds to get it, no matter how totally stupid it is and how it is actually a step back from having a smartphone with all functions built in.

A smart cockring that automatically tweets a picture and the amount of time spent on the current act of copulation would sell more units than sliced bread ever did.

1609 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo