Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1594 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
19. Re: XCOM 2 Delayed Aug 29, 2015, 12:13 El Pit

Squirmer wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 12:06:
Funny how people are fine with delays like this, but not when a game is crowdfunded. Not talking about Star Citizen, which there's reason to be skeptical of, but other crowdfunded games. It's like there's an extra sense of entitlement when you've helped to fund something. Worth remembering that most games get delayed at some stage in their development.

With the exception of the usual suspects, a lot of people here were fine with delayed kickstarter projects to add some more polish and to debug the games. It's just that the nay-sayers are usually the loudest guys using the most colorful language here, so they stick out like a sore thumb.

I think it's alright to take a bit more time to get rid of some newly found big bugs or to add a bit more polish where needed. Of course, it's not alright to delay for years and it's ESPECIALLY not alright to delay for years to add more features and lure more backers and their sweet, sweet money. I guess you know what neverending story (project) I'm talking about.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
17. Re: XCOM 2 Delayed Aug 29, 2015, 11:50 El Pit

To those who want to play some more X-Com/UFO game before the release of X-COM2 I recommend Xenonauts. You can find it on GOG and Steam. It's a bit more hardcore than X-COM, though, and about as difficult as the original games.  

News Comments > Age Of Empires: Castle Siege Released
3. Re: Age Of Empires: Castle Siege Released Aug 28, 2015, 10:15 El Pit

Darks wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 09:35:
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 10 not matter what games you exclusive to it.

In the past:
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 95 not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 98 not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win ME not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win Vista not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 7 not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 8 not matter what games you exclusive to it.
Sorry M$, this will not get me to use Win 8.1 not matter what games you exclusive to it.

In the end: Damn, I want that game and my new graphics card is DirectX (insert number her) compatible, so I'll upgrade.

I call it the Windows upgrade drama, because with each new Windows version, the drama repeats itself and the drama queens are almost always the same.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 28, 2015, 05:15 El Pit

InBlack wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 02:07:
Julio wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 18:48:
Amazon would need to put more effort into this than they have other series. But it could be great.

No it wouldnt. The only reason people are talking about this because there is this huge VOID where Star Trek used to be. WHy not bring back Star Trek? They got the fucking cash for it....

But Amazon doesn't have the rights and those won't be sold to them.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 28, 2015, 01:33 El Pit

TangledThorns wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 22:19:
Its August and I think the official spoilers are too much already.

Really? I think that JJ and LucasFilm are really hush hush about the plot and characters. JJ also has already given some false info to the public to mislead them, too. Compared to all those production videos from the set that George Lucas released to the public during the production of the prequels I think we have VERY few reliable information yet and lots of speculation and some intentionally released red herrings.

All that I can say is that I like what I see, and we haven't seen much yet. Unlike for the Marvel movies we got few teasers and only one trailer yet.

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Revival
4. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Revival Aug 27, 2015, 17:38 El Pit

Quinn wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 15:47:
Mercenar wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 15:34:
STUPID TITLE !!!

EVERY FUCK... TIME I READ "HERETIC" and my brain gets like "WOOOOOOOOO" and then "Nooooooooooo" !

So sad...

Interesting censorship.

Interest... censorship?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter
21. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 13:23 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 12:31:
DOS was decent, but by no means great. I'll be waiting on this for a deep discount.

Just because I'm interested: can you name pc game that is great in your opinion? A game released in the last decade?

News Comments > Bethesda Games on GOG.com
23. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 12:00 El Pit

Good news! I only hope they don't go the geo-locking way and only sell neutered (aka as censored) versions based on ip adresses to people in OZ and Germany.  

13. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 11:58 El Pit

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:36:
Tigger wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:34:
Is there any sort of project schedule or deliverable plan? They are quick to tell you all the awesome 1007 you will get but come up short on any sort of plan that describes how they will deliver.

Damn, $50 to get a copy of the previous one with it?

Guess I'll pass...looks like they'll do fine w/o me anyway.

$50 for two classic rpg games in a current generation engine is too much for you? Okay, to each their own. If you're not really into rpg, then it's understandable.

12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 11:56 El Pit

Aaaaaaaaaaand I'm in! D:OS 1 has been the best project I've backed yet, so throwing some money at Larian to produce the sequel was a no-brainer.

Uhm... wait... No-brainers usually back projects that will never be released in the promised way, so... Whatever.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released Aug 25, 2015, 11:49 El Pit

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 11:48:
And I pledged via paypal (the only version they offered that was DIGITAL ONLY) and get.. nothing. YAY

That was the Star Citizen group of pledges, I guess. Pay $250 or more and get... no game.

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
25. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 11:56 El Pit

Smart Citizen?  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
21. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 23, 2015, 12:50 El Pit

Windows 10 + ClassicShell = Good
Windows 10 - ClassicShell = Windows 8/8.1 = WTF did they think? Tiles 1.0? I wanted WINDOWS, not TILES!!!

Upgrade and install ClasicShell, and you won't look back.

News Comments > Risen 3 Graphics Rise
17. Re: Risen 3 Graphics Rise Aug 23, 2015, 11:37 El Pit

I enjoyed the Piranha Bytes games Gothic 1, 2, and after the patch created by fans, even 3. Risen 1 and 2 are solid games that I both finished. If you're an RPG fan, the games are worth the money asked.  

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
19. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 23, 2015, 11:35 El Pit

vacs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 10:11:
After reading this honest statement by the developers, I opened Steam and bought the game instantly, instead of waiting for a sale.

Way to go, too bad not many developers are this open about what went wrong during the production, even though it is still an amazing fun game.

I usually buy games based on the quality of the game, but to each their own.

Did you buy Arkham Knight, too, because Warner opened up about it being a shitty port and even pulling the game for a complete overhaul? Just asking.

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
1. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 22, 2015, 12:28 El Pit

We tried to make something too ambitious, and it ended up financially impossible.

Is it alright if Chris Roberts will quote you in late 2017?

News Comments > Some Star Citizen Refunds
72. New Module: Star Refunds Aug 22, 2015, 07:00 El Pit

What point are you trying to make, theyarecomingforyou?

That the game including all stretch goals will take 20+ years, because that is as long as it takes if you add production time for an egoshooter, an MMO, a space combat simulator, and a sort of successor to Klingon Commander? Or that it would take just 7 or 8 years if several studios (LOTS OF COST) have to work on different parts which would make putting the game together a pure nightmare? Everything you do is actually (unwillingly) criticising the production process of Star Citizen.

Whatever. No discussion will shut up the so-called "haters", only a released and good game will. And it should better include all modules, and all of them should be great, because that is what they are selling: the idea of the game to rule them all. For under $100m. Good luck with that.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled
13. Re: Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled Aug 19, 2015, 12:07 El Pit

Task wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 10:52:
It was going to be "Duke Nukem 3D Reloaded" a remake of the original Duke Nukem. Same levels with stuff added to 'em on Unreal 3 engine. Interceptor said it was shaping up. Gearbox shut em down. There are very little screens of it: Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2. When it was shut down, Schreiber stated:

"The problem was that Reloaded, in its then present state, was both a prettier and better game than Forever was. So they [Gearbox] could under no circumstances allow us [Interceptor] to publish it, show it, or do anything at all with it, because it would destroy the sales-opportunities they had left in Forever."

Basically Gearbox/Randy being pikers to make a buck off Forever.

So, Schreiber basically said: "Look, we cannot prove it, because Big Evil won't allow us, but believe us, we had THE hit in the making, it was awesome, brilliant, better than Star Citizen, but Big Evil shut us down because we were better than their AAA product. You gotta believe us! It's got nothing to do with us being shut down that we sound angry and quite a bit too full of ourselves! Be a Star Citizen and BELIEVE!!! Proof is only for fools!"

And re: "What? We sold it and are not allowed to license it to somebody else?!" Dude, of course you are! If you sell your car, you are of course still allowed to use and lend it whenever you want! The judge was just kidding you!

News Comments > Runic Announces Hob
17. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 18, 2015, 10:43 El Pit

Verno wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 08:52:
shihonage wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 01:33:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 21:44:
shihonage wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 21:00:
Hobb's End

Do you read Sutter Cane?

I hear his newest book is outselling the Bible.

Haha nice, I just rewatched In The Mouth of Madness the other day. Doesn't hold up as well as I thought but still creepy.

Then go and watch the next and even older movie featuring Hob(b)'s End:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062168/

The effects, of course, are VERY old-fashioned, but the movie itself is still great.

News Comments > Runic Announces Hob
15. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 18, 2015, 08:14 El Pit

Suppa7 wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 03:57:
It's all about control. The same way mmos/drm/f2p is taking away games permanently from gamers.

Ehm... What?! I was talking about that damned console controller that I cannot control (because of a little disability), not about content control. I have no beef with Steam as DRM scheme, just with those for me useless controllers.

I don't like Steam for regional pricing and helping game censorship in certain countries, but that's about it. And with few exceptions there is a way to circumvent this nanny state bs.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2015, 08:20.

1594 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo