Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for El Pit

Real Name El Pit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 29, 2000, 06:19
Total Comments 1415 (Pro)
User ID 7953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 13:36 El Pit

Happy birhtday to you, Blue!

And believe me: THERE IS A CAKE!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
169. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 00:07 El Pit

Slick
the real lesson here is: "why game studios don't reveal everything about a game from conception to launch day". there's a reason for it, cause gamers can't handle it.

Exactly. Like cutting offline singleplayer - it's no big deal. By the way: how would you have liked it if they had cut multiplayer?

i really can't imagine not playing E:D in multiplayer mode? who plays Battlefield for the Singleplayer?

Ah, there you answer it. Now, now, come on, it's just a little alteration. And now please be a nice girl and swallow, okay?

Team Braben changed the deal BIG TIME. And it's a change they must have known about not just since yesterday. You may like this, but I don't. They let me down, and that is why I want my money back - I didn't pay them to build a MMO space game, and that's not what they offered to me until now.

But since YOU don't care about offline singleplayer, nobody else should. The universe according to Slick!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2014, 14:15 El Pit

Indeed, here's to Half-Life 2! Great game, although I like the first one better. Maybe it's time for another playthrough. And thanks for the link to the Blues Brothers Behind the Scenes images. What an awesome movie that is! RIP, John, and thanks for SNL, The BLues Brothers, 1941, and and and. I hope the Band you're in now is even more awesome than the Brothers!  

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
2. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 14:06 El Pit

Horrible move by the Braben team! I loved what they were doing and supported them, but this means I will be demanding a refund, too.

...but this has the added advantage that everyone can participate in the activities that can happen in the galaxy.

Oh, really? AND WHAT IF I DON'T WANT THIS?! Fuck them! I want my money back!

Note to the team doing "that other space game": This is NOT the way to screw your supporters over! Watch what happens and learn from Team Braben's mistake!

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
32. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 15, 2014, 11:52 El Pit

Slick, instead of pirating the game, try the heaps of gameplay videos on YouTube. I understand that you don't trust the reviewers (I don't trust most of them either), so just judge the game on what you see.

I, too, remember the times when we got demos and shareware versions. Good times! But the suits decided they don't want to "waste" money on this stuff, that's why I usually watch gameplay vids to judge the game.

You can use Steam to backup games easily. It's a built-in function.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8794-yphv-2033

Some games may not be backed up this way, but I have yet to find one of those.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2014, 10:02 El Pit

They should call the bad guy in Star Wars Episode VII Lord Uranus. I meahn, they already had Lord Father (or Vader, as the call father in the Netherlands iirc), and Sidious. And Tyranus. So Uranus comes naturally.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
27. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 15, 2014, 09:52 El Pit

Slick wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 08:40:
yeah that's a bitch, tried doing that just the other day, am uber sad that they changed it. used to be great for pirating a game as a demo, then buying it and just throwing everything but the cracked exe in the steam directory, and bam you're done.

tried moving unity to a diff computer too, looks like uplay is no better, downloads to a "downloading" folder that doesn't recognize new files. however i found a workaround where if you download up to the "playable" part (about 7 out of 40 gigs) and then you can actually "play" the game, THEN transfer files to the main game dir, then it somehow works. so steam otally broken, uplay mostly broken, origin works.

what would be nice is if origin and steam could adopt uplay's bandwidth limiter. it's weird that they don't.

Use Steam's backup function, works like a charm! That's why I rate Steam higher than Origin. I download a lot of games, back them up on a 3TB HDD and install them when I feel like playing the game.

Ooops, you pirate "demo" the games "before buying". I'm terribly sorry that your approach does not work anymore with Steam and the cracks. So, so sorry...

EDIT: To everybody who bought the game: I'm looking forward to your reviews!

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2014, 10:21.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
41. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 14, 2014, 00:14 El Pit

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 17:39:
1badmf wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 17:22:
he has a beastly rig so he expects everything to run well on it and anything that doesn't is simply unacceptable.

Do you disagree with that opinion? If even today's most powerful rigs can't run this game smoothly, there is either some massive performance bug going on, or the engine is flatout terrible.

To guarantee the best cinematic experience, Ubi made sure even the best rigs in 10 years will be able to run this game at 30 fps... MAX. That's what they mean when they're talking about "future proofed". Right now, it's even MORE cinematic for a lot of people - 20 fps is the new 60 fps +!

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
31. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 11:53 El Pit

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:06:
Pirate bay all the way.

The worst kind of gamer... *sighs*

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
30. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 11:52 El Pit

I like Steam because it's possible to download a game and back it up on an external drive without any hassle. That's what Origin is seriously lacking (they've been told very often, but they just don't care). Does UPlay offer this option?  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 7, 2014, 00:49 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 17:06:
Blackguards is on sale for 66% off. Anyone play it?

Played and finished it. It's not an RPG, because you simply move from one tunr-based battle to another and level up your troops. But I enjoyed the fights. The story is very generic and just there to link the fights.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 13:03 El Pit

nin wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 12:32:
"The Force Awakens" - better than "The Phantom Menace".

I still think that my idea would have been better:
Star Wars Episode VII: This Is Not The Movie You Are Looking For

Star Wars Episode VIII: This Is Not The Movie We Are Looking For

Star Wars Episode IX: Move Along

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 13:02 El Pit

InBlack wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 12:41:
"The Force Awakens"? Oh man...that title doesnt give me much hope.

You want A New Hope?

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
15. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 13:20 El Pit

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 11:18:
You guys are an embarrassment for the male gender. Those GamerGate pussies would be real proud of y'all though.

In the meantime: Grow some fucking BALLS fer fuck's sake!

Bruce Willis in "Troll Hard"... wasn't available, so we give you Riley Eddie Murphy in "Troll Apprentice".

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 1, 2014, 13:02 El Pit

If something catastrophic, such as a meteor, did happen then It would still be OK because I live at home with my parents. Meaning that even in the absolute worse case scenario I could go back to developing the game completely on my own and using preorder sales to buy assets for the game.

Okaaaaaaayyyyy... Stunned Uhoh

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Oct 28, 2014, 02:35 El Pit

A Strange choice...  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 26, 2014, 13:56 El Pit

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 12:56:
That's an extremely interesting article by Assange. Too bad everyone on here is burning all their energy on Gamergate.

Yes, paranoid people might even think that gamergate is a great opportunity for the government to stop people from discussing the greatest spy action on earth by the goverments agencies on everybody and their mother. But of course, only people wearing tin foil hats would say so. Right?

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released
2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 10:22 El Pit

Frijoles wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 09:48:
Played last night for an hour. I appear to be more confused than usual while playing this game. I'm pretty much just doing what advisers tell me to do.

Congratulations! You're playing by the rules of modern politics! You know nothing about anything, but got a lot of advisers who are being paid by big money. So follow the advice, and you're doing exactly what the real powers that be want. Your reelection is almost guaranteed!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 22, 2014, 06:58 El Pit

Prez wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 04:19:
Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 02:50:
...It's ok to acknowledge that woman and men are different. I don't really understand why there is a slant to explain away a gender's characteristics as a fault of media or some other influence rather than just a predisposition possessed by that gender.

EXACTLY. Thank you. While everyone is trying to pinpoint complex reasons for why there are fewer women coders than men, the obvious just seems to elude them.

Right. There are plenty of e.g. different hormones and levels of hormones driving and influencing male and female behavior. And this has nothing to do with socialization processes.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month
10. Re: Alien: Isolation Corporate Lockdown DLC This Month Oct 21, 2014, 16:34 El Pit

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 16:23:
I always thought the Alien moves based on whatever DNA it's combined with. In the prison when it came out of the dog it was much more canine like. With the Predator it was even more predatory. But the ability to gallop on all fours, scale walls, etc. is a definite evolutionary advantage. The only thing 2 legs gives you is height.

So having two hands free was a not so important evolutional step in the cutterverse?

1415 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo