Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael

Real Name Michael   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Efflixi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 9189534
Description
Homepage http://www.efflixi.net
Signed On Nov 13, 2000, 02:03
Total Comments 388 (Amateur)
User ID 7788

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2011, 20:16 Efflixi

nin wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 19:38:
What page is it on, though? I've logged in under FF and IE both, and my only option is to update my account details.

edit: When I follow the "Be sure to check out the Tester Forums" link, it looks like I still don't have rights...

http://www.swtor.com/tester - If you are logged in properly you will see the following image: http://www.efflixi.net/images/download.png

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2011, 19:31 Efflixi

nin wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 19:23:
Efflixi wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 19:18:
I just got accepted into the beta for The Old Republic. Waahoo!

I did too, but I can't find the client to far. The button in the email just takes me to the tester page. Is yours this coming weekend?

You have to login before you see a download button.

Edit: be warned, it's going to download almost 30GB of data...

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2011, 19:18 Efflixi

I just got accepted into the beta for The Old Republic. Waahoo!  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2011, 21:03 Efflixi

Keep everything the same as far as I'm concerned. I've been coming here since it was Blue's Quake Rag and I really enjoy the classic style of the website you have going on.

Side note, you are the only website that I white listed in ad-block.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
12. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 18, 2011, 14:52 Efflixi

lasersquad wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 13:26:
Hiya all, 1st post - after ~14 years of reading I thought I might as well say something :)

This place is like a roach motel, they check in, but they don't check out!

Anyway, enjoy your stay. Lord knows I've been here long enough!

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 10, 2011, 08:47 Efflixi

Why do you want to not use Dosbox?  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Sep 10, 2011, 08:46 Efflixi

Civ V is on an amazing 75% off sale right now on Steam.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2011, 18:19 Efflixi

If you don't install the game through Steam then it won't touch it. It only updates games you bought through steam.

Acleacius wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 17:34:
I want to start a Steam account to buy/play Dead Island and could really use some help. I'm concerned Valve's Steam software will have an effect on my nonSteam/nonValve games.

Does Steam/Valve scan and force update/patch all my games even if they are NOT on or purchased on Steam? I've heard it's possible to opt out of sharing data, but not forced updates. E.g. I don't want them monitoring and updating my Fallout 3 (retail version not Steam) install to breaking my mods, since it has nothing to do with Steam.

Thanks for any help.

News Comments > Spicy Horse's Brawling Game
1. Re: Spicy Horse's Brawling Game Aug 25, 2011, 06:53 Efflixi

Rip off of http://makemyheadgrow.com/ ?  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2011, 18:49 Efflixi

The skyrim trailer with inception music mashup was incredible!  

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
316. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 2, 2011, 07:29 Efflixi

I am not going to read all 315+ comments in this thread, i don't have the time nor the patience to read so many idiots bitching.

I don't know about you guys, but when i played Diablo II 99% of the time it was online. Therefore, the always on DRM won't bother me here. You beat the game once or twice on single player and then go co-op the rest of the time. I can't imagine people wanting to play the game over and over in single player only.

In general i do not like online DRM but in this case, it won't be any different than Diablo II was for me. If it curtails dupes and character hacking, i'm all for it. The problem with online DRM comes from when they use it in SP *only* games. What do you think WoW is? OMG, that has online DRM!

I can log into Diablo II right now and see over 50k still online playing it. The vast majority of people (myself included) are buying D3 for the online experience.

Idiots...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2011, 17:42 Efflixi

I bought Civ V because it was on sale for 66% off. I played it for 6 hours straight... needless to say it's an awesome game for those who like that type of game. I like a LOT more than i did Civ IV which always felt "off" somehow.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2011, 14:50 Efflixi

I don't know how quickly this'll get buried once Blue updates with Sunday's news but on the new sales on Steam today, i can't click on GTA IV or Assassins Creed. Just tells me "Sorry, but you're not permitted to view these materials at this time." wtf?  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2011, 22:07 Efflixi

I bought 3 games from Steam today... even though i told myself earlier this week that i was too poor to buy anything until next paycheck after treating myself to a shiny new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (awesome gadget btw).

Terreria for $2.50
Neverwinter Night 2 Platinum for $6.50
X3 Gold for $6.50

So for the price of a half decent lunch i could have potentially several hundred hours of quality gaming ahead of me!

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Demo
80. Re: Dungeon Siege III Demo Jun 7, 2011, 20:58 Efflixi

If you think you might be interested in this game, try the demo. I read all the negative comments here and almost deleted the demo without trying it. It's actually pretty fun! Don't let all the negativity around here sway you from at least trying it.  

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
32. Re: Sound Core3D Announced May 31, 2011, 19:11 Efflixi

I have a brand new motherboard with a "good" onboard sound chip, but guess what? 99% of onboard chips with optical or other digital outs can not output more than stereo in digital format. They downmix it to stereo. My current motherboard does this. Hence, i use my now aging X-Fi XtremeMusic (was only available for a short period after the x-fi brand was introduced). It's the only way i can get 5.1 audio from digital.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2011, 17:07 Efflixi

Hope it turns out better than my ribs! Apparently something happened to the temp control and things got WAY hotter than they were supposed to. I was hoping to do them at 225-230F for 4-5 hours. I checked in on them at 1 hour and the temp was over 320F and half of them were burnt to a crisp. I almost cried...  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed
39. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 26, 2011, 21:25 Efflixi

I love companies that do this kind of stuff. They just earned a sale from me without me even reading any reviews.  

News Comments > Rise of Immortals Beta Key Giveaway
55. Re: Rise of Immortals Beta Key Giveaway May 21, 2011, 03:23 Efflixi

Don't make me beg too hard! Thanks!  

News Comments > AoE Online Key Giveaway Continues
7. Re: AoE Online Key Giveaway Continues May 1, 2011, 15:47 Efflixi

Ooh pick me!  

388 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer