Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael

Real Name Michael   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Efflixi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 9189534
Description
Homepage http://www.efflixi.net
Signed On Nov 13, 2000, 02:03
Total Comments 384 (Amateur)
User ID 7788

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Robert Jordan Sep 17, 2007, 11:04 Efflixi

Having just discovered his Wheel of Time series a couple years ago i am saddened by this. I'm not completely up to date, but i do not think he had finished the series yet. Which means it's left hanging unless someone else has the legal right to continue his work.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More CryENGINE 2 MMORPG Plans
11. Re: Addendum to announcement Sep 14, 2007, 13:42 Efflixi

I blame it on my job. Staring at bits of code all day can make your brain mush.

8. Re: Addendum to announcement Sep 14, 2007, 12:51 Efflixi

I just realized his post was meant to be satirical.

I feel dumb now.

7. Re: Addendum to announcement Sep 14, 2007, 12:49 Efflixi

I'm not joking, Quake 2 showed what weapon you were using 10 years ago and they cant make a modern game do it?

5. Re: Addendum to announcement Sep 14, 2007, 12:16 Efflixi

That's bullcrap. Quake 2 had visible weapons using DirectX 6! Although they did need to patch that in. (showing my age)

News Comments > Crysis DirectX 9 & 10 MP Performance
44. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2007, 08:23 Efflixi

My DX9 card (radeon x1950xtx) is faster than all other video cards on the PLANET except the 8800GT(S/X) and the 8800 Ultra. My CPU isn't the fastest but its no slouch either (Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.8GHz) Is Crytek really telling me that someone with a 128MB 8400GT that is 4x slower than my card and whatever cheap ass CPU they have, will be able to show physics and day/night cycles on DX10 servers? Ridiculous!

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 08:25.

News Comments > Thousand-player Deathmatch?
8. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2007, 16:17 Efflixi

Well, having ran a Quake 2 server for a while, i know that on that engine, each player requries roughly 8KB/sec for a smooth network connection. Obviously games today do a lot more calculations that Quake 2 does so this figure isn't workable anymore. The question becomes, how much of this rendering can be done without sending extra network data.

Even if only 1KB/sec per person were being sent, that would be nearly a megabyte per second of information for a thousand players. While there are plenty of servers with that much bandwidth, i'd be willing to bet that 95% or more of the people in the US do not have that much download. You'd have to strip this down to at least half that. I just cant see 512bytes of information per second being enough to calculate even just player positions.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GotY Edition Ships
15. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2007, 08:31 Efflixi

"Lol there it is again, how I love that sentence. WIll I or won't I describe Lynda Carter as an 'acting legend'? Oh, I'll just append her at the end and hope nobody will notice."

Not to mention the fact that (secret text)

Patrick stewart only voices the first 15 minutes of the game... kinda stupid to imply that you interact with that character for more than a few minutes

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
7. Re: And as usual Sep 10, 2007, 15:39 Efflixi

"don't you typically download laptop vid card drivers from the laptop manufacturer and not the chipset manufacturer? i have an older laptop with an ATI card and that's what i always did... until i started getting the omega drivers from omegadrivers.net."

Right, but in this case it's ridiculous. It's a Dell laptop, nvidia hasn't released a driver that supports the card in it, in over a year and Dell hasn't either. Even laptopvideo2go.com doesn't have a current driver for it.

6. Re: And as usual Sep 10, 2007, 15:39 Efflixi

... weee double post!
This comment was edited on Sep 10, 15:39.

2. Re: And as usual Sep 10, 2007, 15:12 Efflixi

I wouldn't do that...

Nvidia's mobile graphics drivers have not been updated in forever. My friend's laptop is running a driver from LAST YEAR because it's the latest driver for his nvidia card.

News Comments > BioShock SM 2.0 Progress
2. Re: Great Aug 29, 2007, 11:30 Efflixi

I don't see why people are so up in arms about this. The minimum requirements state it needs a SM 3.0 card. Besides, i'd be willing to bet that the only SM 2.0 cards fast enough to play this at a decent resolution and FPS is ATI's x800 series.

News Comments > BioShock Widescreen Workaround
9. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2007, 12:36 Efflixi

As an addendum to the post above with the info on the tool, they updated it later in that thread to support the full version of the game as well.

News Comments > BioShock Widescreen Workaround
3. Re: ... Aug 22, 2007, 11:44 Efflixi

It runs pefectly fine on my core 2 duo e6600, radeon x1950xtx, 3GB ram, and Vista Ultimate 32bit.

I like to laugh at all the people trying to run it on cards 2 generations old and then complaining very loudly that it doesn't work or looks like crap. Um, hello? It says it requires SM3.0 in the readme and in the minimum requirements on the site!

News Comments > Tuesday Hardware Reviews
1. A quick note Aug 21, 2007, 15:27 Efflixi

Your link (I'm assuming sent in by someone?) to the AMD 6000+ AM2 X2 CPU on Overclockers Club actually links to the last page of the review...

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_6000/ - Would be the proper link

News Comments > BioShock Demo
23. Re: Steamy No Worky Aug 20, 2007, 20:38 Efflixi

"Steam is working for me. Try again? "

Still nothing, i restarted steam too. I click on demos then on bioshock, click the green Instal Now button and it does jack squat.

News Comments > BioShock Demo
20. Steamy No Worky Aug 20, 2007, 20:28 Efflixi

I click the "Install Now" button for the demo in Steam but it does nothing!

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 20:29.

News Comments > CryENGINE 2 MMORPG
8. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 11:57 Efflixi

Make that over 9 million active subscribers as of last month... it boggles the mind.

On an unrelated note, this marks my 100th post in 7 years!

News Comments > BioShock PC Demo Nears
27. Re: PC demo Aug 13, 2007, 14:09 Efflixi

On a completely unrelated note, this marks my 99th post in 7 years Shall i spam my 100th?

News Comments > BioShock PC Demo Nears
25. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2007, 14:06 Efflixi

Hoping this is good...

384 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo