Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael

Real Name Michael   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Efflixi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 9189534
Description
Homepage http://www.efflixi.net
Signed On Nov 13, 2000, 02:03
Total Comments 388 (Amateur)
User ID 7788

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Mass Effect in May
37. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2008, 14:07 Efflixi

So lemme break this down, did i get this right?

Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.

We won't force you to use a joystick!

High resolution visuals – Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.

You can select different resolutions!

Fully customizable controls – PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.

You can use WASD!

Run & Gun Control – Players can assign biotic powers or skills to ‘hot keys’ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.

You can hit a key and bring up a new weapon!

New decryption mini-game.

We added a 2 minute mini-game in an obscure part of an obscure level.

New inventory screen GUI and functionality – The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.

You can use your mouse to drag and drop items!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: G/J Feb 1, 2008, 07:03 Efflixi

giblets is "gib"

gib as in the gamer term is "jib" so yes, i pronounce instagib as instajib.

News Comments > Crysis Patch Plans
12. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Jan 31, 2008, 20:06 Efflixi

"600, 900, it's still bullshit.

Let me put it this way. If THIS THING

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/#/home/

can't fucking play it maxed out, then something is seriously fucking wrong with the engine you built.

According to PA, their Blackbird runs Crysis at High at 1440x900 and does so pretty smoothly. I find that less than promising.

Creston"

That's a $6000 piece of junk. For $1500 you can build a top of the line custom system that would be faster. It makes me cry to know that people are buying those systems (even if it's just two people)!

News Comments > Spacetime & NCsoft Deal Dead
6. Re: meh! Jan 12, 2008, 13:10 Efflixi

Considering most of the stuff NCSoft puts out is junk, them cancelling this makes me wonder if it was worth even a bargain bin price.

News Comments > Universal Combat Freeware
68. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 17:48 Efflixi

But perhaps you're unaware of the history he has here.

I've been posting here longer than DS has. I know what everyone says about him.

News Comments > Universal Combat Freeware
58. Re: No subject Jan 2, 2008, 17:35 Efflixi

I have never played a Derek Smart game and therefore (unlike many of you) i will form no opinions on how good/bad they are. What i will say is that i appreciate DS on being honest (if brutally so) and most of all PUBLIC in his opinions of things. I guaran-damn-tee you, you wont see the CEO of Blizzard posting on these forums!

DS, i applaud you releasing your games for free. Here, you are doing something 99% of the publishers out there would balk at, and your GETTING FLAMED FOR IT! Preposterous as far as im concerned. Just ignore the brats and trolls looking for attention.

Cheers,
Michael "Efflixi" Arnold (there, im not anon!)

edit: i will be downloading this and trying it out when i get home. I actually like complex games as they are a challenge and dont hold your hands and reward you with treats.
This comment was edited on Jan 2, 17:40.

News Comments > Christmas Tech Bits
5. Re: Waiting... Dec 26, 2007, 09:57 Efflixi

I too, am waiting. I have a x1950xtx that i paid entirely too much for when i got it (before nvidia had released the 88xx series) and it still plays things decently. I did however buy a new 24" LCD that does 1920x1200. I'm not sure how my card will handle some games at that res so we will see!

News Comments > DNF Teaser Video Tomorrow
4. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2007, 20:00 Efflixi

*dies*

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: No subject Dec 18, 2007, 15:17 Efflixi

I was planning on the Samsung 226bw
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=170984

Someone have something better?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001096

News Comments > Moring Tech Bits
1. Vista Dec 12, 2007, 10:43 Efflixi

You may want to remove that link Blue. Microsoft ran out of "free copies to give away" some time last night and aren't issuing anymore.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Swell foop? Dec 8, 2007, 15:59 Efflixi

I'm pretty sure he did it like that on purpose.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 15:59.

News Comments > Thursday Hardware Reviews
1. No subject Nov 29, 2007, 10:11 Efflixi

"AMD Phenom 9600 Video Card" isn't a video card, but a CPU.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 11:09 Efflixi

Evening Q&A in the morning? Late night Blue?

News Comments > Crysis System Specs
7. Re: Cool! Oct 9, 2007, 14:35 Efflixi

I think I'll be good to go. Although, my 320 MB 8800 is probably going to hate me.

It's plenty fast enough, you just have to keep the resolution down. Your max resolution, even on medium settings would be 1024x768, maybe 1280x960 if your willing to cut down a few things to fit it in memory.

News Comments > Gold - Flight Simulator X: Acceleration
2. Is this the expansion that... Oct 2, 2007, 13:42 Efflixi

Makes the game playable on anything less than a quad core machine with 4GB of ram? My Core 2 Duo E6600 with 3GB and a radeon x1950xtx (actually the fastest video card available when the game came out) chokes on it at anything higher than about medium settings across the board.

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans & Creative Audio Issue
42. Re: oh, boohoo creative Oct 1, 2007, 09:13 Efflixi

Am i the only one where the latest (2.2) patch for WoW actually fixed my creative sound problems? After going to Vista i lost all my surround sound in WoW. I have surround speakers so i was sad. With this patch, they worked again. I'm assuming they made the surround work without hardware acceleration (which doesn't work in Vista).

News Comments > Clive Barker's Jericho Demo
39. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2007, 18:35 Efflixi

1 TB is a constant, sustained transfer of around 380k/s for thirty days solid. What the hell are you downloading?

With my connection, i can nearly triple that "constant" speed. So if i downloaded at my max, all night long (just say 8 hours) then i would hit 1TB a month, which i've done before as well.

News Comments > Activision Gets Bizarre
5. Uhhh? Sep 26, 2007, 16:26 Efflixi

>> All of our teams continue to exist exactly how they are at the moment. Amax team (PGR4) and Shitstorm team (The Club) will move onto new games, whilst our Shared Technology team will use this opportunity to take our experience and tech to new levels and new formats.

What's going on here? Is there really a company named that?

News Comments > Clive Barker's Jericho Demo
10. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2007, 15:58 Efflixi

what if your cable company is so incompetent you can't get sustained 2 Mbit, you aren't "lucky" enough to live in a brand-new tract housing suburb or luxury condo with fiber, and the fastest DSL you can get is 3 Mbit with a 60 GB monthly quota?

I live 20 miles from a large city, in a small town of maybe 12,000 people. I live in a 30 year old trailer on a 5acre lot where my nearest neighbor is several hundred feet away. I have 7mbit cable and it bursts up to 14mbit for 30 seconds at the beginning of a long download (a feature they call PowerBoost).

388 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo