Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael

Real Name Michael   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Efflixi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 9189534
Description
Homepage http://www.efflixi.net
Signed On Nov 13, 2000, 02:03
Total Comments 384 (Amateur)
User ID 7788

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
17. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 18:01 Efflixi

All I want is freelancer with these graphics and a true dynamic economy.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 08:31 Efflixi

The battery test thing is ingenious. The only problem I see is that he is testing a pretty much dead battery vs a brand new one. I'd bet the difference between two used batteries (but not dead) would be hard to tell.  

News Comments > X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers
24. Re: X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers Aug 8, 2013, 15:49 Efflixi

Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 15:37:
NewMaxx wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 15:21:
Haven't heard much about this game except that it'll be a single ship the entire game...

Well... Yes and No.

*Landing* on capitol ships?!?! Sign me up!

News Comments > X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers
7. Re: X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers Aug 8, 2013, 14:50 Efflixi

I tried so hard to get into X3 but the control scheme just did me in... I love space games. Freelancer is one of my favorite games of all time. I backed Star Citizen for more money than I've ever spent on a game before.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2013, 10:07 Efflixi

Keep the old way of removing posts.
Keep the new screenshots.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2013, 13:19 Efflixi

Nearly 3000 hours for me too. Most of those game i'll never play. I really need to quit buying games!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Economy Trailer
3. Re: Star Citizen Economy Trailer Jul 7, 2013, 10:07 Efflixi

I backed this on kickstarter and put a lot of money into it. A real player driven economy was promised for Freelancer but dropped due to time. If this is how it will REALLY work, then this will be amazing. I foresee merchant guilds hiring mercs to protects their fleets of traders (i'll be into the trading business i think!), pirates attacking the trade ships, the mercs fighting them off. God, it sounds glorious.

I wonder though, where does the *actual* raw materials come from? Is there asteroid/planet mining? Can you mine a small asteroid completely dry and eventually end up with a zone where there are no raw materials left? While i love the idea of a dynamic economy, unless the materials are literally limited in supply somehow, it won't matter in the end.

You'll end up with huge guilds hording materials and divvying them out to the highest bidder and no one can do anything about it. Does anyone know if this addressed anywhere? He says in the trailer (and i realize it's most likely just an example) that it takes 3 tons of this, 1 ton of that, and 1 ton of another thing to make these items. Where does that actually originate from?

News Comments > Sanctum 2 Road to Elysion DLC Next Week
2. Re: Sanctum 2 Road to Elysion DLC Next Week Jun 20, 2013, 20:23 Efflixi

I have quite a few hours in the original Sanctum. Almost all of it co-op with a friend. I adored Sanctum. It's the perfect mix of FPS and tower defense.

Sanctum 2, isn't a bad game in and of itself. But it eschews most of the TD formula for more FPS. It feels wrong and you're towers basically seem useless.

All I wanted from Sanctum 2 was better graphics and more/better levels. I got those (i like the level design), but all the other crap I don't like and some of it i even hate. You can't tell how many kills a tower got for example so you know if to upgrade it or sell it. The original had that. Why did they remove it?

I hate the class system, it's broken and unbalanced.

To put it simply, it went from a Tower Defense games with FPS elements, to an FPS game with Tower Defense elements. I won't be buying the expansion.

News Comments > Steam Game Sharing Planned?
19. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 10:42 Efflixi

I have over 200 games on steam, i play less than 10 of them. It's not that i don't like them (some of them i don't like, but most i do), it's just finding time and the gumption to actually play 200+ games!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:51 Efflixi

Final Score:
Xbox 1 - PlayStation 4

I've never owned a console before (PC guy for 25 years), but as soon as I get some money, I'm pre-ordering a PS4 just to spite MS.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2013, 09:57 Efflixi

I can't believe how well Barbara Eden has aged! Definitely some magic going on...  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2013, 09:33 Efflixi

The robotic fly is amazingly cool but I couldn't help but notice it was tethered. I'm assuming the thin wire was for power. When will battery or "engine" technology catch up and be able to power this thing autonomously?  

News Comments > Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill
10. Re: Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill Apr 22, 2013, 11:57 Efflixi

Beamer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 10:58:
nin wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 10:32:
McSterls wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 10:28:
I saw the video of this last week, and it looks exhausting. I get wanting the VR experience that the Occulus Rift brings, but why would I want to run around on a treadmill?

I'm going to KS a game called "Rabid Snow Wolves" that requires this and a rift. It involves a lot of looking over your shoulder.

Meh. It's not truly frightening unless I'm in a freshly waxed kitchen and wearing socks.

Gary Larson made a Farside about this... http://img.talkandroid.com/uploads/2012/03/luposlipaphobia.jpg

News Comments > Metro: Last Light PC Specifications
11. Re: Metro: Last Light PC Specifications Apr 19, 2013, 05:46 Efflixi

My SLI 580's are ready!  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2013, 15:53 Efflixi

nin wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 15:44:
nin has 29992 posts... baller! just 8 posts away from 30000, man!

We'll see if the board crashes.

I've been coming to Blues News since before it was called that! It used to be Blues Quake Rag if i'm not mistaken. Not sure why it took me a year to register on the site. I tend to lurk mostly, only a few hundred posts in 13 years.

Edit: Ha! I found a TRUE lurker... http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=22

The 22nd person to register on the site and less than 100 posts in 14 years.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2013, 13:13 Efflixi

So sad...  

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; "Subtly" Teases Horses
11. Re: Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; Apr 5, 2013, 15:16 Efflixi

I wish there was a way to run a server and turn off certain things. I want the new cart mechanics, biome updates, and such for example, but I don't want XP, alchemy or enchanting. I basically want an updated version of how it was before it went actual release.  

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
24. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 15:36 Efflixi

End of an era... granted that era was getting "worse" but still...  

News Comments > Out of the Park Baseball 14 Next Month
3. Re: Out of the Park Baseball 14 Next Month Mar 28, 2013, 13:25 Efflixi

I had Triple Play '97. That was actually decent and the graphics were really good for the time!  

News Comments > Steam Opens Early Access
15. Re: Steam Opens Early Access Mar 20, 2013, 16:21 Efflixi

I already own Kerbal Space Program (my favorite game of the past SEVERAL years...) and I am seriously considering buying it on a steam because it's that awesome. I want to give them more money! I remember seeing starforge a while back and it looked cool. If Prison Architect is as cool as Aseven is saying, it's worth looking into as well.  

384 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo