Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael

Real Name Michael   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Efflixi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 9189534
Description
Homepage http://www.efflixi.net
Signed On Nov 13, 2000, 02:03
Total Comments 388 (Amateur)
User ID 7788

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > 2K HUGE Game Pack on Steam
8. Re: 2K HUGE Game Pack on Steam Jul 2, 2009, 21:24 Efflixi

Damnit all to hell, i bought the complete Civ3 pack about 2 months and both Freedom Forces when they were on sale a few weeks ago. I bought Bioshock last year on one of it's sales. In other words, i spent about $60 on those 3 packs and if i had just waited a little longer i could have the entire shebang for this. Since i already own half the games in this list i won't be buying it. But this is a freaking killer deal!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Weekend Sales
15. Re: Weekend Sales Jun 27, 2009, 08:08 Efflixi

Could a fan of HoMM1, 2, or 3 please comment on HoMM 5? I remember not liking 4 very much AT ALL even though I loved the first 3 games in the series.

5 is very enjoyable, 4 was the worst of the series by far. The other poster is correct, 5 is a lot like 3. On a side note, HoMM2 was the first game i ever paid for myself. I simply loved (and still play it!) that game.

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Announced
15. Re: Serious Sam HD Announced Jun 26, 2009, 04:08 Efflixi

If they keep all the physics and gameplay the exact same as before, and just update the graphics, i will buy this. I loved FE and SE but did NOT like Serious Sam 2. The game just felt wrong. Something was amiss, i can't even pinpoint it.  

News Comments > Spore Patch
4. Re: Spore Patch Jun 24, 2009, 21:14 Efflixi

I pretend Spore hasn't been released yet and watch the original GDC unveiling quite often.

Oh man this game is going to be sweet...

I still have the hour long presentation, i remember watching in awe of that game. Then so many things got taken out that it's nothing like it was back then.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Details?
19. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Details? Jun 23, 2009, 07:17 Efflixi

First mobile base? Hell, KKND had you start every single map with a mobile base to be deployed before you began!  

News Comments > 3DRealms "Continues" DNF Development
18. Re: 3DRealms Jun 22, 2009, 18:52 Efflixi

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Seriously, I've been waiting for DNF for 12 years and even i think it should be dead now.

News Comments > Choplifter to Fly Again?
8. Re: Karateka? Jun 21, 2009, 21:27 Efflixi

International Karate FTW

For the record, i played Choplifter on the C64 and never got my damn chopper off the ground I was only 7 or 8 at the time and didn't understand the controls.

News Comments > No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer
12. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 16:05 Efflixi

I was so ready to buy this... but now i won't until it drops below $20. Pretty much a lost sale here.  

News Comments > WoW Mount Tweak Plans
3. Re: WoW Mount Tweak Plans Jun 12, 2009, 05:16 Efflixi

At this point, why don't they just make everyone start at level 80? I got sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over at 60 and then 70. To me the fun was actually levelling. I quit in Feb of this year with a 74, 73, 70, 63, 42, and misc lower levels.

Everything they are doing lately to anything not max level has been to make the journey to 80 faster. Why have that journey at all then?

News Comments > Democracy 2 in German
2. Re: Democracy 2 in German Jun 10, 2009, 20:28 Efflixi

I want Gratuitous Space Battles. Were is Gratuitous Space Battles?!

And in case you don't know what that is...

http://www.gratuitousspacebattles.com/

That looks awesome! Reminds me of the space battles in Star Wars: Empire at War. Which was always my favorite part of the game anyway!

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2009, 20:31.

News Comments > On Battle.net 2.0 Fee Speculation
1. Re: On Battle.net 2.0 Fee Speculation Jun 5, 2009, 13:26 Efflixi

I guess WoW has turned them into corporate greedy bastards. The only reason they will still put out quality games is because they can just throw money at it. I still play Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. I hope they don't kill the old b.net in lieu of this one.

Hmm.. just thought of something. To play devil's advocate and look at their side of it, maybe this would cut down on bots and spam. You can only get into the new b.net if you buy a game or pay the fee.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2009, 13:30.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Announced
31. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Announced Jun 1, 2009, 15:59 Efflixi

Glad I didn't purchase L4D 1.

Me too... i played the demo and bored very quickly of it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Commodore 64 Forever released Jun 1, 2009, 11:38 Efflixi

I emailed this to Blue but it may have got caught in a spam filter.

http://www.c64forever.com/

Cloanto, the same people who brought us Amiga Forever has now brought us C64 Forever!

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2009, 14:24 Efflixi

Obviously you've never heard of Mike The Headless Chicken...

http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org/index.php - and yes, this IS real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_mike

This comment was edited on May 28, 2009, 14:27.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2009, 15:38 Efflixi

Not only was I wearing a metal thong, but a full Princess Leia metal bikini top too. It didn't seem to help. Fireman

LMAO!

2. Re: Unreal May 22, 2009, 11:51 Efflixi

Agreed, the environments in that game was simply awe-inspiring. That was the first game i ever played with my new (at the time) 4MB Voodoo card. I distinctly remember telling all my friends it looked like a $500,000 Coca Cola CG commercial.  

News Comments > Creative Rebate and Switch
1. Re: Creative Rebate and Switch May 14, 2009, 12:29 Efflixi

Most of these kinds of rebates/giftcards/etc are just like this. If you get a giftcard from Wal-Mart it does the same thing. It starts charging you a fee after 3 months or something stupid like that.  

News Comments > More Sales
15. Re: More Sales May 9, 2009, 13:34 Efflixi

So i got King's Bounty because some of you said it was good. Well damn, i can't stop playing it now!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2009, 09:26 Efflixi

I thought it was a great movie, but people who are totally stuck on "Trek Canon" are going to have a field day with this one...

Secret text follows: The biggest issue i had with it was that Vulcan was destroyed... i could have overlooked everything else that was "wrong" with the background story and didn't fit current storylines. But that's just too huge of an issue, why would you destroy a major species' home planet when this never ever happened in Canon? It's not like you're taking creative license. They completely slaughtered Canon from that standpoint. Maybe they really do intend to completely reboot the franchise. Basically taking just the name of the franchise and the names of the characters and running with it.

Still, i'm a star trek fan but i wouldn't call myself a trekkie and i enjoyed the film for what it was, a good Sci-Fi film based on characters we already know something about.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2009, 09:34.

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
5. Re: 3D Realms Closing? May 7, 2009, 08:07 Efflixi

I don't know what to say... so sad. Cry Tears  

388 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo