Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael

Real Name Michael   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Efflixi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 9189534
Description
Homepage http://www.efflixi.net
Signed On Nov 13, 2000, 02:03
Total Comments 384 (Amateur)
User ID 7788

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > OnLive Console with Homefront Preorders
16. Re: OnLive Console with Homefront Preorders Feb 27, 2011, 05:15 Efflixi

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 27, 2011, 02:42:
OnLive says a game they selling through their service has limited supplies? Is that supposed to make people buy it? ROFL.

What a joke.

The game isn't limited, the console is. When you pre-order homefront, you get the console free.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2011, 21:06 Efflixi

I would never ever use iBuyPower or CyberPower. This comes from someone who's spent the last 15 years building computers and seeing "boutique" stores overcharge and under-deliver. If you can't (or won't) build the PC yourself, get a Dell.  

News Comments > No Aliens: Colonial Marines This Year?
10. Re: No Aliens: Colonial Marines This Year? Jan 9, 2011, 09:03 Efflixi

PHJF wrote on Jan 9, 2011, 03:25:
imagine doing a 4 player co-op mission straight from the Aliens movie. Welding doors shut, setting up defenses etc.

No shit, that would be fucking intense. Give it to Valve and let them do it L4D style, with crescendos and whatnot. Alien Swarm is already basically the exact game we need, it just needs to be an FPS.

You can change Alien Swarm to first person mode.

News Comments > New Steam Hardware & Software Survey
13. Re: New Steam Hardware & Software Survey Jan 4, 2011, 07:11 Efflixi

The biggest difference won't necessarily be performance unless you're using very intensive programs/games. However, your 4GB is NOT being fully utilized because a 32bit OS can only use 4GB max (since Vista, the OS can see more, but can NOT use it) and part of this RAM must be reserved for the system meaning none of your applications can touch it. Generally you have about 3.25GB to use in a 32bit OS.

There is another thing to consider when running Windows apps as well, Windows imparts a 2GB memory limit on 32bit apps by default. (this can be changed though at the cost of stability most of the time). So even if you were to use a 64bit OS, if you are running 32bit apps they'll never use more than 2GB anyway. Keep that in mind when gaming. Even today, most games are 32bit.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2010, 17:10 Efflixi

I lost my own father earlier this year. Although the circumstances were completely different (and i won't go into them), i know how you are feeling right now. I am sorry for your loss. I don't know if you are religious or not so i can't say anything for that part, but at least take consolation in the fact that he's not suffering anymore. I think i speak for most of your community here when i say that we wont mind the news being disrupted for this.  

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Patched
8. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Patched Jul 18, 2010, 12:08 Efflixi

And my vuvuzela! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2LPxggvqY  

News Comments > Free Total Annihilation Expansion on Impulse
4. Re: Free Total Annihilation Expansion on Impulse Apr 10, 2010, 10:44 Efflixi

LittleMe wrote on Apr 10, 2010, 07:18:
What's kind of sad is that this is actual news because I know of no RTS that continued in the spirit of Total Annihilation. Well, besides TA:Spring..

Ummm Supreme Commander?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2010, 21:01 Efflixi

Guessing "S"  

News Comments > Portal 2 Co-op Details Leak?
2. Re: Portal 2 Co-op Details Leak? Mar 5, 2010, 19:13 Efflixi

Co-op Portal? HOLY SHIT!!! Where's the buy button?!?!?!?!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 2, 2010, 06:53 Efflixi

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 2, 2010, 01:57:
When I had adblock disabled here a long time ago a huge annoying flash thingy made infernal noise with no way to close/mute it. That was the last time i ever disabled adblock.. ever.

That was when the ads were handled by UGO. Blue got away from them a few months ago and a lot of disabled adblocker on this site because of it. It's safe now to do so again, he just has normal banner ads now.

News Comments > New Gratuitous Space Battles DLC
6. Re: New Gratuitous Space Battles DLC Feb 27, 2010, 19:07 Efflixi

Surf wrote on Feb 27, 2010, 15:02:
I'd love to know how far the designers went in keeping up the extremely refined design, if at all.

Aside from graphics, GSB is basically a one man game. Cliffski made the game and owns/runs the company that sells it.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2010, 20:14.

News Comments > Interstate '76 Coming to GOG.com
3. Re: Interstate '76 Coming to GOG.com Feb 16, 2010, 11:02 Efflixi

Fritzo wrote on Feb 16, 2010, 10:55:
WHY did they not remake Interstate '76??? That game was awesome, and it hit the Austin Powers thing years before the movie

They made Interstate '82 instead which was horrible from all the reviews. I never personally tried it. I will be buying I76 off GoG.com as SOON as it's available. I have my old CD's but it's a complete bitch to get it to work in Vista.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2010, 10:59 Efflixi

It. Never. Gets. Old.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2010, 11:20 Efflixi

Blue, if you value your life, do NOT ride a bike and have Hudson leashed to yourself/the bike at the same time. My mother did this about 16 years ago and our dog barely weighed 40lbs. Everything was going fine until out of nowhere the dog decided it wanted to go perpendicular to the bike. While only weighing 40lbs, the force was enough to make my mom lose her balance and land face first into hard asphalt. She was knocked out for 10 or 15 seconds. She was wearing a helmet but that didn't help her face and she got a concussion anyway.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Preorders
13. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Preorders Jan 19, 2010, 06:45 Efflixi

Seeing how I have all 3 previous Collector's Editions, I want information/preorders on the CE!  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2009, 19:12 Efflixi

kxmode wrote on Dec 24, 2009, 18:17:
Everyone should celebrate Christmas by watching Christmas Vacation and Scrooged!

How could you forget A Christmas Story!

News Comments > Star Trek Online Klingon FAQ
1. Re: Star Trek Online Klingon FAQ Dec 19, 2009, 18:02 Efflixi

Wow... if this game hasn't been setup for failure then i don't know the meaning of the word!  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2009, 10:20 Efflixi

I don't see how a squirrel could possibly move a piece of cinderblock. Must be a raccoon, dog, or deer. Something like that.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Voice Talent Trailer
15. Re: Mass Effect 2 Voice Talent Trailer Dec 11, 2009, 16:50 Efflixi

DO WANT!  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2009, 03:46 Efflixi

I am NOT a fan of the continued link. If a story was "taking up too much space" then i would have just scrolled past it anyway. Clicking another link to see what i DO want to see is annoying at best and leads me to have conspiracy theories on upping ad views at worst.  

384 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo