Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael

Real Name Michael   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Efflixi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 9189534
Description
Homepage http://www.efflixi.net
Signed On Nov 13, 2000, 02:03
Total Comments 388 (Amateur)
User ID 7788

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

General Discussion > NFL Week Three
5. No subject Sep 19, 2014, 09:05 Efflixi

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 14:21:
The guy who knows nothing about football is doing quite well! People at work are asking for my advice picking teams for the pool. They think I am lying when I tell them to just pick their favorite team name or mascot.

Me too! (I'm on there as Whisperfang) I know how football is played and know most if not all of the rules, but I almost NEVER keep up with teams. Sports don't really interest me. As I said in an OotB a few days ago, I picked the only two I know anything about and then for the rest of the games I picked the underdogs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2014, 09:03 Efflixi

Blue, I'm Cajun, born and bred in Louisiana! We pronounce it sash-er-ray where I'm from.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 09:14 Efflixi

Ok, so our Pick'em group. I'm ranked #2 and while I didn't choose randomly, I might as well have! I picked two teams that I know, and the rest of the matchups, i simply picked the underdog. How the hell do I get to be rank #2? Even in ESPN total standings I'm ranked 2290ish out of over a million signups. I just don't get it...  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2014, 06:33 Efflixi

I don't really follow sports all that much but this year I decided to do some pigskin pick'ems with you guys. I know almost nothing about the teams so I was picking blindly pretty much. I am not sure how I got to the 75% by doing that...

Looks like Falcons winning will upset a LOT of picks...

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer
28. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer Mar 25, 2014, 02:25 Efflixi

I'm not getting this because it's b/w. If I could change it, I'd probably get it.  

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month
2. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:16 Efflixi

I enjoyed the hell out of it. It's meant to be a co-op game. I played with a friend and we had a freaking blast. I had no qualms about paying $50 for the epic pack.  

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
12. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 15:30 Efflixi

briktal wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 14:07:
InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:27:
Well that was a rather boring read. Newell's answers are (mostly) botlike. Got the jive that he would rather be doing anything else with his time...

That's basically every AMA on reddit, at least with a "known" person.

You obviously missed Lil' Jon's AMA and Snoop Lion's too.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2014, 05:41 Efflixi

Blue,

I am not sure if you'll see this but I just got a huge takeover ad from your site. It replaced your content and told me I'd be re-directed in 30 seconds. Adblock caught the content replacement because it wasn't ON your page (blues news is in my whitelist) so all I got was a white page with a timer.

Image of Ad

29. Re: Into the Black Dec 23, 2013, 19:34 Efflixi

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 17:49:
@Efflixi

1. Some ads are dynamic based on your web history, I think although some are static. But you might be getting an ad no one else is based on your history. I've not seen that problem on the site.

2. Would help if you provided more info: OS ver, browser ver, mem amt, proc type & speed, other apps open simultaneously, etc.

3. What happens in Firefox? IE? Opera? Same behavior?

Windows 7
16GB
Core i7 2600k @ 4.4GHz
Usually no other apps open
I only use Chrome, no other browsers

22. Re: Into the Black Dec 23, 2013, 17:02 Efflixi

Blue, I am not sure you'll see this but lately your page has been freezing my browser a lot. I have adblock turned off for your page (and only your page!) and I'm 100% positive that it's one or more ads causing the issue. Chrome just goes completely non-responsive while your page is completely black (it freezes before it can even load the background color) and the status bar says "processing request...". Once in a while it'll freeze on loading a particular ad that prevents the rest of the page from loading until it's done or Chrome simply times out.

I wish I could troubleshoot it better, being a web programmer myself I know what headaches this can cause. However, it's completely random as far as I can tell. Maybe it's a specific ad that is on rotation and whenever it comes up everything freezes. I just don't know.

Been a loyal customer to this site for more than 15 years. Just keeping you informed!

32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 11:41 Efflixi

I remember when you got Hudson Blue. This is a sad day but think of all the happy memories you'll have forever!  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2013, 18:13 Efflixi

I remember when this site was called Blue's Quake Rag... I downloaded Qtest from here...  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
72. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 05:05 Efflixi

Let me just say this. I seem to be in the minority here. I wanted so much to like the previous X games but never could because they were impossible to get into. It seems like most of the people who dislike Rebirth don't like it because it's not just X3 with better graphics.

I actually prefer it this way! The WHOLE reason I bought this game is because I figured it was going to be a departure from the series. To me, this is a GOOD THING! If you LOVED the previous X games this particular may not be your cup of tea. If you liked the idea of the previous X games but couldn't play for more than 15 minutes, this game is for YOU!

57. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 17:04 Efflixi

Quick video i made of me having a bit of fun testing some stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvvQg9ZbsY

Recorded on my GTX580 / i7 2600k overclocked to 4.4GHz / 16GB ram

Notice no slowdowns??? Don't know what those people are talking about! Make sure you watch in 1080p

38. Re: First depressions Nov 15, 2013, 13:23 Efflixi

I'm going to copy/paste my portion of what I saw this morning before work. I'll get home and play more and post more once i can.

Ok, I've put in about 30 minutes (all I can do before leaving for work). I own all the other X games and this one BLOWS them all away in playability. The hype surrounding the control scheme is totally warranted! I love it! I've only done the first 2-3 missions, but so far its amazing.

I use a standard mouse k/b setup. The previous X games were basically unplayable to me. I wanted to get into them so badly but for space sim games my goto comparison is Freelancer. This control scheme and very similiar to that and it's a NICE upgrade from the horrible controls of the previous X games. I also love the highway system being able to slipstream behind other vessels in a "train" for faster speeds is really neat. I've not had any combat aside from blowing up an asteroid to test my weapons.

I won't be able to play again until I get home from work around 4:30pm Eastern time. (8 hours from now). By then I'm sure others will have put in their thoughts. My impression so far is that if it keeps up like this, it'll be game of the year for me.

I'm running a GTX580 single (took out my second due to heat!) and everything at max at 1920x1200 and it all ran fine. Even SSAO was enabled. I don't know how Titans are only pulling 15fps unless its horribly optimized for them or something. My 580 is perfectly fine pulling 60+ fps.

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
70. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 13:06 Efflixi

I'm running a GTX580 single (took out my second due to heat!) and everything at max at 1920x1200 and it all ran fine. Even SSAO was enabled. I don't know how Titans are only pulling 15fps unless its horribly optimized for them or something. My 580 is perfectly fine pulling 60+ fps.  

59. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 08:16 Efflixi

InBlack wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 08:09:
Efflixi wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:39:
Ok, I've put in about 30 minutes (all I can do before leaving for work). I own all the other X games and this one BLOWS them all away in playability. The hype surrounding the control scheme is totally warranted! I love it! I've only done the first 2-3 missions, but so far its amazing.

Good to hear. Keep the impressions comming. What control scheme do you use? M + KB, Stick, control pad?

Most importantly how is the combat? (This is what will sell the game for me personally)

A huge warning sign for me is the follower/drones/cap ship management. If Im going to spend the majority of my game time delegating tasks and giving orders, they might as well have given me control of a goddamn huge ass carrier starship. If I can build up a fleet and let them do random shit thats fine, but I dont want an economy business simulator I want to blow shit up, rule the galaxy, or a combination of both

I use a standard mouse k/b setup. The previous X games were basically unplayable to me. I wanted to get into them so badly but for space sim games my goto comparison is Freelancer. This control scheme and very similiar to that and it's a NICE upgrade from the horrible controls of the previous X games. I also love the highway system being able to slipstream behind other vessels in a "train" for faster speeds is really neat. I've not had any combat aside from blowing up an asteroid to test my weapons.

I won't be able to play again until I get home from work around 4:30pm Eastern time. (8 hours from now). By then I'm sure others will have put in their thoughts. My impression so far is that if it keeps up like this, it'll be game of the year for me.

57. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:39 Efflixi

52. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:09 Efflixi

Exit and restart Steam!! It's loading up!  

49. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:07 Efflixi

East Coast of US here. Was told earlier it would unlock at 8am my time. It's now 7:07am my time and I got a "Now Available" message from steam. If it unlocks at 8am I can't sneak in a few minutes before work!  

388 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo