Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bert

Real Name Bert   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Gunz
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 18, 2000, 04:33
Total Comments 114 (Novice)
User ID 7486

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Postal 2 Movie
35. Re: Murderer or Hero: pick your roll Oct 10, 2002, 22:57 Gunz

Well #33, you know what they say:

"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder." : )

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Postal 2 Movie
31. Murderer or Hero: pick your roll Oct 10, 2002, 21:47 Gunz

I don't take issue with what some would label "Murder Simulators". In fact, they're my preferred form of entertainment. It's just that the games I buy and play tend to fall more into, what I would call, the "Hero Simulator" catagory. Call me old fashion but I like to shoot guys and gals I perceive to be bad.

For the record, I consider aliens hell-bent on Earth's destruction to be bad. What's so bad about some guy walking down the street?

When I go to bed at night, after hours of intense gunplay, I fall asleep a hero -- and it's wonderful.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 21:53.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Good show Aug 21, 2002, 17:48 Gunz

Good show, Blue & Crew.

I've figured for a while now that most of the posts worth reading had a name attached, so you've made my reading that much easier.

I may not always make the brightest, most insightful comments (I'm usually on my way to the end of a 12-pack when I get to BN!! : ) but I, like so many folks who make good comments, have no problem attaching my virtual name to what I say

Thanks,

Gunz

News Comments > Halo 2 (Xbox) Announced
147. Re: Anyways.... Aug 14, 2002, 04:34 Gunz

Oh yeah! Halo 2! I forgot what we were talking about!! ; )

Some history:

Back in The Day, I played Marathon (all of 'em) on my Mac(s), and more recently, Myth on my PC and Halo on the Xbox. If Bungie starts making board games, I'll happily fish my card table out of the closet and dump some pretzels into a bowl. I'll continue to buy Bungie games because, IMHO, so far, they've been worth my time and money - I think they're fun. When they stop being fun, I'll stop buying them. Consider this notice, Bungie! : )

Back on topic:

Within seconds of playing Halo, I realized I was *really* playing Marathon IV ... and I was thrilled. Is Halo's story part of the Marathon storyline? I don't know. But I think it's easy to argue that Halo (kinda like Doom III to ID) is the game that Bungie really wanted to make way back when they made the original Marathon (Doom: ID). With this in mind, I bet Halo 2 will be (more like) the game that Bungie really wanted to make when they made Halo. I'm excited.

They're settled into new offices and a new platform and working on a sequel to a game that I'm guessing was about the biggest all-around pain in the collective ass to create they've ever experienced. God bless 'em! But now they don't have any excuses not to deliver on their promises.

I enjoyed (and am still enjoying) Halo enough that I'd be happy if they just continued with their existing tech and plopped me on the next Installation with a few more marines, a few new toys and ten more chapters all matching the quality of 'Halo', 'The Silent Cartographer' and '343 Guilty Spark'. More fun from the comfort of my couch!

My "Marathon, Myth, Halo" experience with Bungie leads me to believe that they're planning to give me (Well... for $50) everything on my list above wrapped in a shiny new engine. My "Halo Only" experience with Bungie *screams*, "Hey! When they first introduced me to Halo, they promised me a bunch more vehicles to drive or fly around a seamless, persistent world as I chose when and where I would take the fight to my enemy -- from the comfort of my PC and/or Macintosh!"

If Halo 2 is just a prettier whirl-wind, shooting gallery tour through 'Assault on the Control Room 2'... Halo 3 is gonna have to come with a VR rig, a stack of condoms and a free trip to Vegas for me ever to sing Bungie's praises again. Again, consider this notice, Bungie! : )

Anyone with me on this? Anyone read this far? ; )

46. Re: :( Aug 9, 2002, 03:11 Gunz

The only reason I bought an Xbox was because I had $250 (with Halo -- before tax) extra and I was bored with Jedi Knight II. I vowed never to pay $350 (with Halo -- before tax)and was glad to see the price drop.

Since I've had my Xbox, I've played NHL Blitz (excellent), Halo, Project Gothem (pretty!), Halo, Morrowind (pretty), Halo, Hunter (The Vampire Game), Dead or Alive 3 (Pretty!), Halo and... some Halo.

While I'm not ready to dump my PC (Warcraft III has been keeping me pretty busy) I'm pretty darn happy with my Xbox purchase. For less than I paid for the graphics card in my PC, I get a whole 'nother way to appreciate games.

And when Xbox live hits the streets running, I'll be able to play Unreal Championship while my GF plays The Sims Online without straining out relationship.

Life is good.

38. Re: Great... Aug 8, 2002, 23:44 Gunz

Crispy (post 36),

I too was a mouse and keyboard only type... until I played Halo. I found the default controls to be a bit nerve wracking at first but then amazingly comfortable -- after just a few sessions.

I'm an old-school shooter guy and I'll tell you, playing a good (Well, Halo is great... but not THAT great {read: repetative})FPS while chilling on your couch is really, really cool. And I have a nice, comfy chair at my computer! : )

I'm sold (until I get a couch, wireless mouse and keyboard, 42 inch monitor and Dolby 5.1 setup in my computer room. Hmmmm.... Christmas is coming! : )

News Comments > Medal of Honor Demo News & Date
5. Ummm... Dec 3, 2001, 19:13 Gunz

... so I have to buy a magazine or the full game to play the demo? I play demos to see if I want to spend money not spend money to play demos.

I hope the demo will eventually make its way to the net?

News Comments > Anarchy Online Seeks 2nd Chance
2. A good lesson Nov 30, 2001, 17:59 Gunz

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Update
5. Re: What a bunch of hooey. Jul 23, 2001, 05:13 Gunz

I e-mailed to cancel my account and have heard nothing from them in the last two weeks. Last I checked, My account was still active. What up with dat?

This was after I tried the ACCOUNT button on the start screen that took me to a webapage, then had me put in me unfo -- username, pass -- omly to tell me that the name I know is corrct is no good. Not much point sending them e-mail about findout what's wrong with my perfectly good UN and Pass as I doubt I'll ever hear back from them.

If getting out of AO is as much of a pain getting in the game was. Ahhhhhh. I'm doomed

News Comments > On Anarchy Online's Online Anarchy
64. Re: Just plain wrong Jul 6, 2001, 02:29 Gunz

I've been waiting for word on how to cancel my account... so far, no dice. I already took the game back to EB for a refund; I'm afraid they're gonna charge my credit card account. When will the hurting stop?!

56. Re: Just plain wrong Jul 5, 2001, 17:18 Gunz

Even Trespasser didn't crash as much AO. Man, I never thought I'd hear myself say anything nice about Trespasser.

44. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2001, 14:07 Gunz

#41, if you're cool with spending money on broken products, and there are many who feel as you do, we gamers can expect to see more and more crap coming out. Level of quality will fall in line with level of expectation. Sounds like this is already happening with MMORPGs; people are excusing Anarchy Online's unplayable state by pointing to Everquest and Ultima Online. I guess if UO and EQ were crap when they first started then it's OK for AO. That underdstood, we can expect Planetside and Jumpgate to be unplayable too. This sounds like a bad thing to me.

On a happy note: one advantage you have, because of your stance on quality, is a much larger pool of titles to pick from than we who expect stability and general polish from the games we purchase. Lucky you!

35. Re: Pretty Jul 2, 2001, 20:22 Gunz

"...semi frequent game crashes..." Who is this guy kidding? Um, it's more like: semi frequent gameplay!

I just got back from EB where I returned my copy of AO and warned the manager about the unplayable nature of the game.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Update
10. Re: I'm an MMORPG Fan, but.... Jul 1, 2001, 15:10 Gunz

Anarchy Online is a total mess. As has been mentioned, it is close to impossible to get in the game and, once you manage to log on, you are lucky to play for more than 5 minutes without getting booted.

Rampant graphics glitches and show stopper problems, disappearing inventory items, odd NPC behavior, bigtime lag... I didn't know I was buying a beta when I plunked down $50 for the box and signed over my credit card number for another $13 a month. I really feel ripped off.

114 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo