Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel Fazekas

Real Name Daniel Fazekas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname fds
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ ICQ sucks
Description I don't think anyone is going to read my user information page.
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 14, 2000, 15:47
Total Comments 89 (Suspect)
User ID 7448

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall
7. Re: Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall Mar 18, 2014, 12:35 fds

I have enjoyed this on my iPad. It was a competent game, but I was always thinking of it in terms of "this was pretty good for a mobile game."
I think 10 bucks is too much if it's the same.

Most disappointingly, the mobile version just abruptly ended at what felt like a halfway point in the story with a simple COMING SOON promise. I wonder if they changed anything with regards to that in the PC version.

All the music were also just recycled Human Revolution tracks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – Episode 1 Nov 12, 2013, 10:23 fds

It's not showing up for me in Steam yet. I'm a Season Pass owner but no new DLC downloaded. It's also not listed on the page listing available DLC for BioShock Infinite yet.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 New Content & Level Cap Details
21. Re: Borderlands 2 New Content & Level Cap Details Mar 25, 2013, 22:00 fds

No. Maybe i'm not wording this right.
You know how when you beat the game on normal mode and then do true vault hunter mode with the same char, it resets the normal campaign to play through it again?
The DLC (scarlett, torgue, hammerlock) never get reset. You can only play thru the DLC campaigns once per character. You can either start it in playthru 1 (normal mode), playthru 2 (true vault hunter mode) or playthru 2.1. It never resets.

That's totally false.
You can of course play through the DLC content with any given character in both the Normal and True Vault Hunter modes. They "reset" just like the base campaign.
It's been like this from the beginning.

News Comments > Reckoning DLC Next Month
4. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 12:35 fds

And where are we supposed to put all those new items?

All I wanted to keep in the base game was all the unique and set weapons and armor, and I just barely managed to finish the game with both the 155 stash space and 120 backpack space all used up already.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2011, 13:39 fds

Blue, your “stripped” links don't work because the EU and other battle.net sites are independent from the US site, not just mirrors.
They do eventually copy-and-paste repost most articles at a later date but, at the very least, the post ID is different.
So your example article is at
EU site: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3368932/Patch_43_Hotfixes_-14_12_2011#blog
US site: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4023884/Patch_43_Hotfixes-12_12_2011#blog

News Comments > No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises
4. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 10:22 fds

"Since we develop primarily on PC, you won't see any compromises in the PC version. The key difference between the PC and console versions will be the beauty of graphics"

But that's exactly what's so often wrong with multiplatform games and why PC users feel neglected. The key difference should not be simply taking advantage of the better hardware but having a different control/user interface, save system, menus, modding, open multiplayer…

Simplify all those for a console gamer sitting on the couch far away from a TV screen with no mouse and keyboard at hand, and presto, lousy console port. It's not about the graphics.

News Comments > Stranglehold Patch
4. Re: Stranglehold Patch Jan 26, 2009, 10:19 fds

Actually, this patch was released well over a year ago…
It's not Midway who's late but the news.

News Comments > Spore DRM Lawsuit
11. uninstalling SecuROM Sep 24, 2008, 12:13 fds

You have to start the SecuROM-wrapped executable with the /uninstall command line parameter.
So, for example, Spore.exe /uninstall

SecuROM installs a permanent Windows Explorer shell extension. Plus supposedly a service if you aren't running the game as administrator.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers & UT3 PhysX Pack
18. Hardware Deceleration Aug 12, 2008, 20:34 fds

All this PhysX stuff is disappointingly slow on my 8800 GT.
Obviously not a hot card these days, but perhaps they shouldn't have even bothered to add this PhysX "acceleration" support for the 8-series then, seeing the end result is this miserable.

Most current games I still find very playable on my lowly 8800 GT. That Great Kulu demo or their UT3 PhysX levels make the poor card seem hopelessly outdated and useless.

News Comments > Mass Effect Patch & DLC
33. Re: ... Jul 29, 2008, 20:11 fds

I also don't like the fact that when you complete the game you can't keep playing. It was brilliant in Oblivion that it didn't limit you after doing the main quest.

In Mass Effect you can restart from the start with your character, keeping all your stats, cash and equipment, even the equipment you had on your squad.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 20:12.

News Comments > C&C3: Kane's Wrath Patched (Really)
3. "if you downloaded it yesterday" Jul 9, 2008, 15:46 fds

I compared, it's the exact same file byte for byte as it was yesterday, at least for the English version. Even the readme is unchanged.

Lot of good re-installing the game and the exact same patch would do…

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
1. 175.19 only? Jun 23, 2008, 21:53 fds

It looks like the 177.35 version is only for the GeForce 200 series.
8 and 9 series list a 175.19 driver only, although that is new as well.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 21:53.

News Comments > Penny Arcade Episode One Demos
14. Rather bad May 21, 2008, 14:58 fds

I was really hoping for something in the vein of Telltale's Sam and Max episodes, but it's nothing like it.

Terribly annoying control scheme, dull dialog, a weird mixture of 2D/3D graphics, and that stupid combat.
You explore one screen, pick up one item, go to the next - combat! Explore next screen, go to next, combat.
Where by combat they mean you have to click on one icon, then click on an enemy, wait, repeat.

And to boot the demo doesn't even appear to let you save and load, so that's it for me.

Maybe if it starts getting glowing reviews and have a couple more episodes out, I'll give it another chance. Very disappointed. I was hoping for something cool from the company which employs Ron Gilbert of all people.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: Valve on DX10 May 15, 2008, 11:52 fds

What they should do regarding Vista first is to make Steam fit better on it.
Add Steam games to the Vista Games Explorer with ratings info and high resolution icons. Make the Steam application itself look less butt-ugly. Let the window have a shadow like all other windows on Vista, and so on.

News Comments > Return of the Prince
3. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2008, 15:30 fds

I too have enjoyed the Prince of Persia games and won't mind another, however, what does this mean for an Assassin's Creed sequel?
I'd be more interested in a continuation of that story.

News Comments > Sam & Max 204 Release & Demo
2. no difference between demo/full Mar 14, 2008, 14:04 fds

It's the same file for the demo and the full version, you just have to activate it by entering your login information at the start-up screen if you are a customer for the full game.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Confirmed
3. Would you kindly? Mar 11, 2008, 18:32 fds

So who are these 2K Marin guys? Did they do any work on the original BioShock?

Usually when a totally unrelated group of people make the sequel, the end result leaves much to be desired. You'd hope at least the writer/designer would be the same.

Wikipedia doesn't even have a page for 2K Marin yet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K_Games#Internal_developers

News Comments > Crysis Soundtrack Next Week
3. double players might help Jan 24, 2008, 20:14 fds

If it is optimized for double CD players, that is.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. In November Jan 23, 2008, 20:23 fds

That Apple story is from Nov 2007. Don't give people false hopes.

News Comments > Sam & Max 202: Moai Better Blues Demo
2. also the full thing Jan 11, 2008, 19:19 fds

woohoo! The full release is also available; those of us who purchased it already can just head over and download it.
And I thought they were supposed to send an email about it.
Guess Blue's is faster.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-287

89 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo