Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for KilrathiAce

Real Name KilrathiAce   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KilrathiAce
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.eaglespeak.us/
Signed On Oct 12, 2000, 14:48
Total Comments 1587 (Pro)
User ID 7413

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues
21. Re: BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues Oct 7, 2011, 12:48 KilrathiAce

Btw, they forgot to mention Origin on that list of issues. Thats #1 for me. kthx.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures
74. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 6, 2011, 12:49 KilrathiAce

Too bad there is no tweak to make the game actually good as in worth $60 bucks.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

News Comments > RAGE Interview
81. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 6, 2011, 02:28 KilrathiAce

Creston wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 17:51:
Slashman wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 17:45:

Did it make sense to have the mediocre story, the not-really-open open world, the lack of meaningful choices etc.?

You're forgetting that this game is 100%, completely, utterly focused on the consoles. It's id's foray into the console world, and let's be honest, most console players couldn't give two shits about story, or open-world, or choices. They want it to be pretty and they want it to play well. And (for a console) Rage delivers those two things in spades.

That the PC version looks like ass for a lot of people, and is likely broken, and has shitty-ass textures? And that PC players expect MORE out of a game like this? Yeah, I doubt id really cares.

Creston

Problem is that ID at same time wants to rape PC gamers to pay 60 bucks for this half assed product. roffle waffle.

News Comments > RAGE Interview
68. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 5, 2011, 12:49 KilrathiAce

Not sure if anyone mentioned this interview from june where Carmack admits that developing RAGE for consoles first was a mistake in regards to PC:

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=23760

After various reviews, high price and this, its clear to me this game is not worth to own as PC gamer. Maybe once the price drops and I have friends playing mp but not before.

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
143. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 5, 2011, 02:27 KilrathiAce

Conclusion...

RAGE on PC... 60$?

Nope, worth maybe around $35 max.

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
47. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 12:51 KilrathiAce

First before I start, truly I can see ID software never cared to test this game/product much on todays PC hardware: http://imghunt.org/images/72713280791200050920.jpg

Next, after reading some reviews and especially: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/rage/reviews.html I can see that the actual story and rpg elements in this game are total garbage. ID software would be better off just making this another shooter and thats it. This game is linear and pretty much on rails. Yes yes, I know some people gonna say but there is multiplayer. Sorry but this game is a joke after looking at $60 price that ID is charging for it on PC. Its worth maybe $30. ID Software dropped ball here big time when it comes to PC.

News Comments > PC Piracy and DRM Analysis
41. Re: PC Piracy and DRM Analysis Oct 1, 2011, 14:36 KilrathiAce

Eurogamer should ask those "few figures fromt he game industry" about why so many PC game titles are treated as just a "console port" or being so lacking in polish, technology use of the PC and gameplay. maybe if they could nail down that problem more people would actually buy some of the games coming out on PC. Yes, a lot of the games on PC truly suck or are just sad ports off the console. I am surely not gonna pay for a game on PC when I clearly see developer and publisher does half assed job with it.

Oh and If EuroGamer ever speaks to few figures from UBI Soft, ask them about Silent Hunter 3 game many years back when they decided to cut support and told developer team to stop supporting the game after about a month. Game was clearly in non release version with list of bugs longer than Great Wall of China, yet they choose to cut support. Sorry but you can't have it both ways, as in not supporting or finishing products on PC at all and still selling them well.

News Comments > MechWarrior Reboot News Nears
29. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 17:36 KilrathiAce

MechWarrior Living Legends > this, especially since this is also developed for xbox 360 outdated hardware. I wish mwll received real deal and became a true commercial product along with crysis wars source code access. It would result in best mechwarrior game ever.  

News Comments > PC is Dead to I Am Alive
17. Re: PC is Dead to I Am Alive Sep 29, 2011, 17:31 KilrathiAce

PC gaming is quite well and now with this junk developer leaving it will be even better.

Btw UBI didnt care or support any of their PC products since Silent Hunter 3, so UBI please stop with ur bs excuses and crying because ever since then you never cared for the customer or your products release state on PC. So please leave PC market already, better without you.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans
11. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans Sep 28, 2011, 12:53 KilrathiAce

Overon wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 10:13:
Fileplanet exclusive?

Overon, once the manual is finished it will be on steam of course as for the work in progress you can download it with free membership on fileplanet.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans
10. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans Sep 28, 2011, 12:51 KilrathiAce

This game is great and will be great, HOWEVER it should of been released during winter, maybe around christmas. It wont be ready to play by my standards until then. Good news is that with TWI, you know the game will be polished in few months and in true release state. I think TWI rushed release to compete in sales ahead of games like BF3 but this resulted in a game release in a state thats technically unnacceptable. I hope TWI will never do this again.  

News Comments > On Football Manager 2012 Steam Activations
9. Re: On Football Manager 2012 Steam Activations Sep 28, 2011, 12:48 KilrathiAce

SEGA, make no mistake this will not affect ur sales lol.  

News Comments > Dead Rising 2: Off The Record DRM, Specs
4. Re: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record DRM, Specs Sep 27, 2011, 12:56 KilrathiAce

They had me at the fact the game uses GFWL , thats enough to scare me away before even talking about SSA DRM impementation on it. GFWL sucks.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 PC DLC Would Be Free, Version 2.0 Patch Notes
3. Re: The Witcher 2 PC DLC Would Be Free, Version 2.0 Patch Notes Sep 27, 2011, 12:48 KilrathiAce

Another reason why noone should play this on xbox but only PC.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2011, 03:48 KilrathiAce

Best solution is to buy and play RAGE on PC not the junk consoles. Problem solved.  

News Comments > NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends
24. Re: NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends Sep 23, 2011, 01:36 KilrathiAce

Why would I want to play on crap hardware that is xbox 360 when I have a nice baby PC I built with true power and at same time I can do a lot more than crap consoles. If I had xbox the only use for it would be, well stress relief with a hammer.  

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
80. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 23, 2011, 01:34 KilrathiAce

This reminds me of the UBI crap, wow Blizzard, horrible decision.  

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
37. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 03:19 KilrathiAce

Its rare when bs sounds so nice, but this statement by IW in that statement they gave to IGN is extreme bs.  

News Comments > Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games
9. Re: Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games Sep 21, 2011, 13:00 KilrathiAce

How about they keep improving their engine, UE as it still sucks in many areas.  

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com
38. Re: Wing Commander 3 on GOG.com Sep 17, 2011, 01:18 KilrathiAce

mag wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 05:42:
KilrathiAce wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 01:43:
Please bring wing commander 1+2 and all special missions, WC3 is good but its below wc1/2 by light years.

Miss this from a couple of weeks ago?

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/wing_commander_1_2

Except special missions 1 and 2 are missing, plus one of these days they should convert the wc1 animations, music and stuff off the 3d0 version of super wing commander, as that was the best wing commander 1 version ever it even included special missions 1 along with extra mission pack.

1587 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo